Battle Stadium Plan to Resume S11

I keep changing my team a little. This is the current team that I'm sort of confident in.

1634919391893.png

Cinderace @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Libero
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Pyro Ball
- U-Turn
- Zen Headbutt

This was suggested to me for Zacian. As I understand Dynamax will return so Scarf is less limiting. Normal enough moves, except Zen Headbutt, maybe, which is for Pex and Eternatus. And it's the only neutral hit for Zard/Ho-oh. Not sure I need Jolly, Scarf, and max. Maybe Adamant, or at least some HP.

1634920457412.png

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature*
- Whirlpool
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast

Also suggested to me, as a Fini to beat Pex. Trap it and Taunt it so it cannot recover. This used to be TrickScarf so mine is Timid, that's plainly worse than Bold correct? Since it's no longer Scarf. I'll change it on cart if so. Or maybe a fast set works? Please let me know before I change(so before series starts.) Honestly unsure where the 4 leftover EVs are w/ this, guessing Spe. It could be. Nature's Madness was suggested for last series but shortly after stopped playing so it might not be relevant w. Dynamax back. Thoughts? This has no real recovery so it gets Lefties, not Quagsire.

1634919729084.png

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 116 HP / 100 Atk / 4 Def / 76 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fly
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

This was on my team before S10, since it needs the capability to Dynamax. I'm putting it back cause it's always been good. This used to be WP for an item and the special EV spread supports this, but I think the bulkier Caly-I needs that so Lum should be OK for Hippo. This lives a bunch of stuff I list some of in earlier RMT(s.) Spe is for 252+ Spe base 85s, but those might not be a thing. Mostly living some ice/water as Max. So maybe a fully offensive one works? If you suggest this please have one to trade so I can keep this one's EV spread for if legends go away and it can be WP again. Normal enough moves, Stone Edge over Rock Tomb to sometimes do enough to Zapdos, and it's a fast set so doesn't need the Spe control as much. Ho-oh too, Stone Edge will do a lot even if burn happens. Teammates are too slow to catch up to very many -1 foes, or too fast to need the support. Main consideration is should it be a little more SpD for the P2 Download boost to be wrong? It's close to that, but what should I take from?

1634921632555.png

Calyrex-Ice @ Weakness Policy
Ability: As One (Glastrier)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Glacial Lance
- Bullet Seed
- High Horsepower
- Close Combat

Trick Room was suggested to me as a must-have for Caly-I. Heavy Slam was probably more important last Series for Minimizers, but Steelspike is good. I miss grass coverage, which I'm usually inclined to include on every team. Mainly for Swampert and Quagsire.

1634920589633.png

Quagsire @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Yawn
- Earthquake
- Recover

This is also for Zacian. Helmet cause Lefties are taken, I'm not that fond of Helmet w/ Max moves though. Maybe a Sitrus Berry? Yawn was suggested to me. It's a good move, but I've forgotten what it's for specifically. I don't really like Quagsire at all because it fails vs. special attackers across the board(except Regieleki,) so I'm very much fine w/ ideas to replace it.

EDIT: This is the below suggested Mimikyu set now. W/ Brightpowder, since it was suggested and no item really fits the set that well.

1634920814535.png

Regieleki @ Choice Specs
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 220 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 SpA/ 12 SpD/ 20 Spe
Timid Nature
- Electro Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Ancientpower

I replaced Darm-G because it was a 2nd ice type. I've spent a bit of time on Regieleki EV spreads. It used to be 28 Spe and more SpD than HP, but I was told to go for HP except for like Blissey. Regieleki's HP is 30 base stat points higher than the defenses, but I guess that's not extreme enough for def to be better than HP. I took off 1 point from Spe because it was only tying boosted Scolipede, not beating it. This outspeeds positive +1 Urshifu and Haxorus, which is to me all it needs. Max Power for sure, and an extra point in SpD for p2. Electro Ball has a chance to OHKO Maxed Lapras w/o Veil which really helps since I'm afraid of Lapras. Also can 2hko Ferro before it 2hkos me. Good for P2(don't do very good w/ P2) and a few other slow mons I'm sure. Torkoal hasn't been brought the times I brought Lieki, but I've seen it a bit. Idk about Ancientpower, but there aren't many options, and it hits Shedinja, not that I've seen it much. Somewhat relevant for Volcarona, if it hasn't set-up. Emergency attack to at least damage grounds, happened w/ Landog and I won barely. Regieleki has been fun w/ E;ectro Ball and great for Pex, though I'm a bit prepared for that besides, so this can maybe go. This used to be a screens set, but changed to hurt Kyogre and Yveltal more,(as well as everything, it even did half to Dragapult, about, and that's when I misclicked Volt Switch lol,) as well as because I don't set up that much. No Armorite Ore left to reset EVs fwiw.

I'm most interested in keeping Landog and Regieleki, which you can tell from how much is written on each mon. I notice on Pokemon Home Caly-S is very common and I have no dark or ghost coverage anymore.

EDIT: 26:21 w/ some fairly major changes(Fini's slot is variable, and Necrozma DM and Grimmsnarl over Caly and Mimikyu.) I worry over Hippo and Quagsire, that's what Fini's slot is meant to do(Fini itself would be fine for those 2 but I'm expirementing.) I don't think anyone does great w/ Zacian, I do ok now thanks to Necrozma mainly. Bit weak to the 4x rock weak fires-Volcarona, Zard, and Ho-oh. Mostly just Landog gets them. Not great vs. Dragapult.

Last edited:
I think the core of your team looks great. Caly / Lieki / Fairy / Fire is a great core for any Caly team.

I think you want to run High Horsepower on Caly-I for Pex and Zacian. You don't need Heavy for minimise since Max Moves now ignore evasion. (Also +1 Max Quake KOs max defence Pex).

I think you will want a guaranteed way of setting trick room in place of Quagsire. Most Zacian teams will have Lapras to check Quagsire. I have using Carbink in S10 for that role (needed a way to break sash/sturdy so needed rocks as well). With max being back, I think Sub/Curse Mim has a good case to return as well (it can burn max turns if your oponent recklessly maxes). Caly can now bring Hail during max to break sashes, so rocks won't be as important. So add either one of these:
Carbink @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Misty Explosion
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Filler Move / body press, a screen

Mimikyu @ Mental Herb / Babiri Berry
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 212 HP / 188 Atk / 108 Def
Impish Nature
- Trick Room
- Curse
- Play Rough
- Substitute

I have been running Specs Fini and it hasn't disappointed. This lives B-Blade from Adamant +252 Zacian 88% of the time (under reflect and good rolls that is a 3KO). Trick can cripple walls (like pex).
Tapu Fini @ Choice Specs
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 196 SpA / 4 SpD / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Surf
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

I also think Eleki needs screens. The restricted mons do so much damage, a single screen can turn things in your advantage. I run (ev'd to survive LO Rillaboom's grassy glide to get reflect up in Zacian match ups):
Regieleki @ Light Clay
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 212 HP / 4 Atk / 116 Def / 92 SpD / 84 Spe
Jolly/Timid Nature
- Wild Charge / Volt Switch
- Explosion
- Light Screen
- Reflect

I really like Explosion on Eleki. You lure in the opponents ground mon then explode on them (especially Lando who may U-Turn out). Then you have a free switch for Caly-I on something that can't really touch it.

Last edited:
For Caly-S. You don't need a dark mon for a Caly-I team IMO. Caly-I works best playing offensively. You generally need to win quickly under trick room (which is possible with its ability).

You just need to set up Caly-I for a sweep and not let Caly-S sweep. S10 trend was sashed Caly-S, so breaking the sash is very important.

If it gets out of hand then maybe add sashed Ditto or Urshifu-SS for it (not sure who you would drop though, I guess it would be a meta call)

Last edited:
I think I'll run the Mimi then, happy to replace Quag like I said(though I feel like Quag was your idea to begin w/...interesting. Well anyways.) I have to train a new one though, no more Armorite ore. Used the last of it to reset Regieleki so can't reset it again. If Specs does not work will have to replace it altogether.

Now about the Mimikyu, I don't really like Mental Herb so your suggestion is Babiri. Does Disguise not consume type berries? Cause if it does that's not so good.

Oh, and I will run High Horsepower then. That change at least takes no resources xd. You think I'm still weak to Pex w/o it though(Ace Zen Headbutt, trapper Fini-might have to go-Landog, and Regieleki?)

EDIT: the berry cannot be wasted. Could you explain Mimi's EVs? Mainly why not max HP? Also, is sub negotiable? It seems good to waste Max turns but it also wastes the TR turns. I was thinking Wisp for Zacian...or try a move I've always wanted to use lol. Baby-Doll Eyes:| It won't miss like Wisp and it's priority for when that matters(neutral uninvested Mimikyu is 'fast' under tr but nothing special.) I just really like the move, and if not here when lol? Worst case I switch to Wisp or sub, no biggie. Do you think it could use Wood Hammer, or replace a move on Caly-I for Bullet Seed? Swampert is a pain I'm sure.

Last edited:
Quag was my idea pre s10 for a counter. Now every Zacian team runs Rillaboom in s10 to counter it. So it ended up being a momentum drain and I dropped it in my own team. I also focused my team more on hyper offence rather than semi stall.

With Mim, Babiri was for Mold Break Drill (which used to be very common lead back in the day, but most run Sand Rush in a Zacian meta). It is a niche item but tbh there isn't much better items to run on this Mim. You could try a bright powder or liechi berry.

Mim really does have 4 move syndrome. I think Sub is essential for the guaranteed trick room set. You generally sub until under 50% then click trick room and curse to get Caly in for free with three more turns of trick room.

With Caly, I run Lance, Hh and Seed Bomb. I like the grass coverage for Swamp and Quag. You lose a guaranteed 1HKO on Ferrothorn by losing C combat. Hard to cover everything though, so I chose to play around Ferro (Ferro still can't safely switch into lance).

Last edited:
Ok I'll do sub. Brightpowder would be interesting since I don't really see what else for an item. If you run it I'll put grass back. But what about P2 if I lack CC?

P2 is scary. I had other mons to check it (mainly tried to trick it with Fini so it couldn't recover).

I think you have to decide what you want to check more Swampert or P2/ferro when deciding your coverage move.

You can also drop trick room if you want both moves. That has consequences of mim being your only way to get trick room up.

You can drop seed Bomb and run Lum on Caly to avoid being put to sleep against Pert. Lance still hits it pretty hard.

You just have to weigh up the pros and cons of what you go with.

I did ok(I think/hope) S8 w/ Caly-I and no tr, so it should be fine to have both moves and just Mimi tr since you agree. I will edit the RMT. TrickScraf totally cripples P2(well it can max just fine but...,) but what's your experience tricking Specs? It doesn't love them but it does increase its power.

Brightpowder on this Mimi was a good siggestion, I wouldn't have considered it because of the conotations w/ Brightpowder. Quick Claw, another oft maligned item, is useless w/ tr. But what about something else? Like(*cringe*) Focus Band? Or that weird TR item, Room Service or w/e. Metronome tracks w/ it having one attack, idk maybe Sitrus after all? I see where you got the idea for Mental Herb, it really jiust sets tr and dies(hopefully via Curse.) Longevity items are somewhat useless there.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)