250/5/5/25/105/50 (Chansey)
255/10/10/75/135/55 (Blissey

Movepool
Physical: Seismic Toss
Special: Shadow Ball, Ice Beam
Status: Soft-boiled, wish, heal bell, thunder wave, stealth rock,

Pros
- Both have insane special bulk.
- Normal is a decent defensive typing, leaving it with only one weakness and a ghost immunity
- Even though toxic and teleport got cut (boo), they still have an amazing support movepool

Cons
- Really bad physical bulk
- They have absolutely no resistances
- Quite passive
- Complete taunt bait

Terastalizing
Please don't use tera on this thing. However, if you insist, here are some options:
- A fairy tera gives them a great defensive typing and turns the fighting weakness into a resistance.
- A steel tera gives them a great defensive typing but keeps the fighting weakness.

Potential Set
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Wish / Stealth Rock / Ice Beam / Shadow Ball

Blissey (F) @ Heavy Duty Boots
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Wish / Stealth Rock / Ice Beam / Shadow Ball

These sets allow the pink blobs to essentially wall every single special attacker. Since they will mostly be on passive teams, the first three moves are necessary imo, while the last slot is customizable.

The pink blobs will probably end up being OU or UU.

Unfortunately wish is no longer legal on the blobs. Blissey with boots is currently one of the only Pokemon who can safely switch into any Chi yu set, though taunt varients kinda kill you. In general I like running twave or rocks or both on it, as otherwise you do nothing at all and just allow free switches out of whatever you're trying to wall. Heal Bell doesn't do a lot at the moment in most matchups but there's are some teams where it's good, if you really can't afford for something to be crippled. I've found rocks a lot harder to fit on teams this generation and I think blissey is actually one of the better users of it. An interesting option is actually running trick. Most goldengho are running scarf and don't have another plan for blissey, so you can somewhat expect it to get a scarf tricked onto it, and you can really fuck someone up by tricking it back onto something on their team. I'd only do this if you have another rocks user on your team, and it can have some fringe applications to steal stuff if you get knocked off. Don't bother with Chansey at the moment. There's just too many hazards around and it's too hard to keep them off.

Blissey (F) @ Heavy Duty Boots
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave/Stealth Rock
- Stealth Rock/Thunder Wave/Trick/Heal Bell

I know I'm probably missing something obvious here, but at the risk of looking stupid, is anyone toying around with Calm Mind builds at all? I'm positive I'll get a little backlash for asking but I genuinely am curious if there is a viable meta for a non-Cleric Bliss out there.

I haven't followed the deeper reaches of Gen 9 Pseudometa but from experience, Calm Mind Blissey gets clowned on too hard by basically any stray decently strong physical move, and needs multiple CMs to reasonably kill things. It's not the worst gimmick on the planet, but it's pretty underwhelming.

I know I'm probably missing something obvious here, but at the risk of looking stupid, is anyone toying around with Calm Mind builds at all? I'm positive I'll get a little backlash for asking but I genuinely am curious if there is a viable meta for a non-Cleric Bliss out there.

In general CM Blissey uses calm mind once, then a physical attacker switches in for free, and you tickle it as it sets up.

Just wanna mention that despite being the only Mon in S/V to learn heal bell, its an egg move. There is no other mon in the game currently to pass on said egg move, so right now in S/V, unless im missing something, there is no way for chansey/blissey to get heal bell.

Just wanna mention that despite being the only Mon in S/V to learn heal bell, its an egg move. There is no other mon in the game currently to pass on said egg move, so right now in S/V, unless im missing something, there is no way for chansey/blissey to get heal bell.
If you let Chansey/Blissey hold a mirror herb and has an empty move slot, just bring another pokemon with Heal Bell and have them picnic together. After the picnic, Chansey/Blissey will now learn Heal Bell.

If you let Chansey/Blissey hold a mirror herb and has an empty move slot, just bring another pokemon with Heal Bell and have them picnic together. After the picnic, Chansey/Blissey will now learn Heal Bell.
It's a chicken and egg problem (get it?). The Blissey line is the only line to have Heal Bell in their learnset, but it's a egg move so nothing else can pass it. And it's not obtainable from Tera raids so it's unobtainable and will stay that way unless and until transfer moves are available or Tera raids are updated.

Since Aromatherapy was hard. removed from the game, this means that clerics no longer exist at all.

yeah im aware, but no one else has heal bell for blissey to use mirror herb on, as the poster after you stated. wont be attainable until home opens up for s/v

Huh, I thought that raid Pokemon and the glowing tera Pokemon you encounter in the overworld could randomly have egg moves. I guess those are predetermined and not random, so Heal Bell will never show up there either?

This means that Heal Bell and Aromatherapy just don't exist in SV as of right now. This is probably a bigger nerf to stall than the PP nerf, and it's flying under the radar completely.

Huh, I thought that raid Pokemon and the glowing tera Pokemon you encounter in the overworld could randomly have egg moves. I guess those are predetermined and not random, so Heal Bell will never show up there either?

This means that Heal Bell and Aromatherapy just don't exist in SV as of right now. This is probably a bigger nerf to stall than the PP nerf, and it's flying under the radar completely.
if that gets confirmed please let me know. I dont want to do any more blissey raids only to cry myself to sleep

The pink blobs aren't as good as they were in the past. First the metagame is mostly physically oriented and they are just asking for hazards to get set up on them. There are also a lot of new Pokémon that they can't touch like Garganacle, Gholdengo, and Annilape. Loss of some important like Toxic and Wish are further nails in the coffin.

The pink blobs aren't as good as they were in the past. First the metagame is mostly physically oriented and they are just asking for hazards to get set up on them. There are also a lot of new Pokémon that they can't touch like Garganacle, Gholdengo, and Annilape. Loss of some important like Toxic and Wish are further nails in the coffin.
Yeah, they are undoubtably worse, but Blissey still has some anti-ghost tools like Shadow Ball. I stole this set of Shadow Ball /Thunder Wave / Seismic Toss / Soft-boiled from Blimax and its been doing pretty alright vs Gholdengo and Skeledirge, esp w/ Shadow Ball SpDef drops on its side. Against Skeledirge specifically, you can do T-Wave -> Shadow Ball spam and you will usually win that MU. Annihilape is extremely annoying though.

I think Blissey still has some merit for one reason and that's being able to switch into Chi-Yu and either force it out (making it take extra hazards damage) or Thunder Wave it, which helps remove some of its threat level.

Yeah, they are undoubtably worse, but Blissey still has some anti-ghost tools like Shadow Ball. I stole this set of Shadow Ball /Thunder Wave / Seismic Toss / Soft-boiled from Blimax and its been doing pretty alright vs Gholdengo and Skeledirge, esp w/ Shadow Ball SpDef drops on its side. Against Skeledirge specifically, you can do T-Wave -> Shadow Ball spam and you will usually win that MU. Annihilape is extremely annoying though.

I think Blissey still has some merit for one reason and that's being able to switch into Chi-Yu and either force it out (making it take extra hazards damage) or Thunder Wave it, which helps remove some of its threat level.
Yeah Blissey shouldn't be running Seismic Toss anymore in most cases anymore. It does consistent damage to some of the tier but it is not nearly effective as it was in the past. Blissey has a pretty wide special movepool so it you can tailor it to the team.

Yeah Blissey shouldn't be running Seismic Toss anymore in most cases anymore. It does consistent damage to some of the tier but it is not nearly effective as it was in the past. Blissey has a pretty wide special movepool so it you can tailor it to the team.
What are your thoughts on other SA moves to replace Seismic Toss? Aside from Shadow Ball. Or would you think a Light Screen would be a better use of a slot?

What are your thoughts on other SA moves to replace Seismic Toss? Aside from Shadow Ball. Or would you think a Light Screen would be a better use of a slot?
Ice Beam and Flamethrower can do some decent damage against the Dragons and Steels. Light Screen is also viable as it help the rest of the team take hits. It also is one of the few pokémon that gets Healing Wish which can be really useful once it's done its job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)