Pikachu Cup [Online Competition]

I found the link to get the code for pikachu. Make sure you are logged in to PGL before clicking.

masters: http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/pokemon/present/4032
juniors: http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/pokemon/present/4031
for future reference you can just increase the last number in the link and it will send you to the redeem page for different tournament prizes

for example the HA tyrunt prize was /present/4020

lol if there's an easier way to find the code page lmk xD

EDIT:

What are your plans of SRing with this pikachu?

I think Endeavor can be used in doubles as Raichu runs focus sash most of the time and this event pikachi has fake out and encore already. I think I'll aim for a timid flawless one.

Raichu @ Focus Sash
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Encore/Endeavor
- Thunderbolt
- Protect/HP Ice/Endeavor

Last edited:
Finished in 61st place with 1804 points so I feel very happy right now! Here is my team:

Basically I tried to build a team that could be very adaptable and run in a lot of different ways, and I kept changing it up until the day before the tournament. Heliolisk and Eelektross were usually the win cons for me, with Rotom-H being kinda of a support + nuke in one and the rest being pure support.

Dunno if links are allowed but I uploaded some of my best matches to here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy2Mrj-sKWWBeLldE3afS_KD5ECnPf-mG

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I found the link to get the code for pikachu. Make sure you are logged in to PGL before clicking.

http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/pokemon/present/4032

for future reference you can just increase the last number in the link and it will send you to the redeem page for different tournament prizes

EDIT:

What are your plans of SRing with this pikachu?

I think Endeavor can be used in doubles as Raichu runs focus sash most of the time and this event pikachi has fake out and encore already. I think I'll aim for a timid flawless one.

Raichu @ Focus Sash
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Encore/Endeavor
- Thunderbolt
- Protect/HP Ice/Endeavor
Good luck soft reseting that, because I am very interested in the potential of Endeavor Raichu in VGC (and to a lesser extent, Triples)!

Thank god it came out with Fake Out and the dreamworld ability, or else this would have been a useless event. Seems like gamefreak at least pays attention to Raichu's best metagame :P

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I dunno what happened but my results aren't showing up, the pikachu code page just gives me an error saying "you need to be logged into a valid game to see your code (and I am logged into my AS game, which is what I did the tournament on), and my competitions results page has my battle box but I have a -/-/- W/L/D result and a - total score.

I wonder if this has to do with how I did my battles in two different countries (UK on friday and USA on sunday)?

I dunno what happened but my results aren't showing up, the pikachu code page just gives me an error saying "you need to be logged into a valid game to see your code (and I am logged into my AS game, which is what I did the tournament on), and my competitions results page has my battle box but I have a -/-/- W/L/D result and a - total score.

I wonder if this has to do with how I did my battles in two different countries (UK on friday and USA on sunday)?
That link I posted is for the Masters division the junior division uses another number

here's the link: http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/pokemon/present/4031

hope that helped

Good luck soft reseting that, because I am very interested in the potential of Endeavor Raichu in VGC (and to a lesser extent, Triples)!

Thank god it came out with Fake Out and the dreamworld ability, or else this would have been a useless event. Seems like gamefreak at least pays attention to Raichu's best metagame :P
Has anyone checked if it's possible to just breed the Pikachu from the online competition? Otherwise I could imagine people being here a very long time trying to SR the IVs and Nature....

Has anyone checked if it's possible to just breed the Pikachu from the online competition? Otherwise I could imagine people being here a very long time trying to SR the IVs and Nature....
That never works for event moves. What's the point of particpating and getting this exclusive event when you can just breed endeavor?

Same error message
:/ maybe you should wait for them to put the event distribution announcement in the front page

I finished with 1687 points And got 474th place overall and 16th in Canada. This is my first time in the top 2000 so I'm very happy. I already posted my team on the previous page. Congratulations to Demantoid for finishing 3rd in the world in the junior division, that's simply amazing.

masters: http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/pokemon/present/4032
juniors: http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/pokemon/present/4031

Thankies so much for the links! I was going nuts trying to figure out how to get the pikachu!

Edit: With the exception of one player from Mexico, the top 10 in the Masters division are all from Japan. Heck, aside from one person from Korea and another from Canada, the top 20 are all from Japan. XD

Last edited:
I dunno what happened but my results aren't showing up, the pikachu code page just gives me an error saying "you need to be logged into a valid game to see your code (and I am logged into my AS game, which is what I did the tournament on), and my competitions results page has my battle box but I have a -/-/- W/L/D result and a - total score
Mine is the same as this. Does your battle box show which Pokemon you used?

I finished 34-11 I think, and was just under 1700 before my last battle. Was hoping to make top 20 UK but I can't even check

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Mine is the same as this. Does your battle box show which Pokemon you used?

I finished 34-11 I think, and was just under 1700 before my last battle. Was hoping to make top 20 UK but I can't even check
Have you guys been able to find your results or still having trouble? Weird that you guys are having these issues after I had my registration drama, maybe the PGL really is broken... (I hope not)

I only ran two of the days and didn't do all my matches. I ended up with a modest 9-9 record. The moral of the story is:

Leave yourself ample time to prepare. Even more so if you have none of the Pokemon prepared in advance!

Before the beginning of the competition, I noticed the go-to strategy was to lead with Emolga and Electivire, lay down Tailwind and then spam Earthquake. Electivire and Stunfisk were purely for offense, while Luxray provided me Intimidate support, as well as fast cleanup. Lanturn provided bulky support and gave me something to scare away opposing Stunfisk. Rotom-M gave me levitate (handy for those pesky Earthquake users) and access to Will-O-Wisp helped with increasing the longevity of the rest of the team. Pikachu wasn't going to do anything offense wise, so I gave it an Eviolite and Charm (for neutering physical attackers even further). Strength was because I ran out of time and didn't want Pikachu to be setup bait.

So yes, I overprepared for Electivire, but it paid off pretty well. A lead of Luxray + anything against Electivire meant I had enough bulk to start an offensive play straight away, or switch out to Rotom to laugh off an Earthquake. Once their Electivire was effectively disabled, it meant Stunfisk / my own Electivire could come in and wreak havoc.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Some notes:
- Pachirisu is the only redirector
Just a note, but, as there is no pentagon rule in this tournament, E-Vire gets access to Follow Me through purifying and transferring Electabuzz from Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just a note, but, as there is no pentagon rule in this tournament, E-Vire gets access to Follow Me through purifying and transferring Electabuzz from Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness.
Not that it matters because this competition has been over for two weeks.... Since this is played on-cart, actually getting a good one of those is basically impossible

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah but how can you obtain a flawless electubuzz from gale of darkness?
Not that it matters because this competition has been over for two weeks.... Since this is played on-cart, actually getting a good one of those is basically impossible
I was just saying because technicalities are technicalities. I understand that it is stupendously unlikely (0.00000000450702% chance for flawless IVs and correct nature if I calculated correctly), but it isn't impossible (I have a 4 IV one (X HP/31 Atk/31 Def/X SpA/31 SpD/31 Spe) with a quirky nature in-game that I got legitimately (I got insanely lucky as I got this on my first play-through) and used during this).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)