Pheromosa Discussion

This thing is Uber material because it makes holes into the opposite team before being revenge killed by priority. It outspeeds everything in the OU environment with little effort (not even with a +Spe nature) and has a huge offensive presence.
It is too consistent to do this in OU ===> Ubers is its home in my opinion.

Best Girl (Pheromosa) @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 124 SpA / 128 Spe
Naive Nature
- Lunge
- High Jump Kick
- Poison Jab
- Ice Beam / Hidden Power Fire

-speed creeps Mega Mane and Lopunny by 2 points
-speed is still its highest stat so every KO gives it +1
-achieves all of the same KOs from noob661 's post
-the special attacks both have their purposes:

Ice Beam deals with bulky Ground types, 2HKOs Zapdos and Amoonguss, and one shots phys. def Tangrowth

HP Fire 2HKOs Skarm without having to rely on High Jump Miss and, if Aegislash sticks around this time, does 35.1 - 41.6% to 252/0 Shield forme on the switch-in.

Ban this bitch

Edit: Doesn't get Psychic like I thought it did. Bounce could probably used to deal with Mega Venusaur but Toxapex is a pretty solid counter.
Love this set. Though would Bug Buzz be better then lunge if you want more power and more special damage, or is the 100% chance of attack lowering too worth it?

literally nothing in ORAS OU can switch in on pheremosa and live the turn after unless it uses a priority move that also kills it except mega venusaur, so its gonna be uber easily
252 SpA Life Orb Pheremosa Bug Buzz vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Mega Venusaur: 152-179 (41.8 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Pheremosa Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Mega Scizor: 220-259 (64.1 - 75.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO252 SpA Life Orb Pheremosa Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 273-322 (42.5 - 50.1%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO BEFORE EVIOLITE NERF
252 SpA Life Orb Pheremosa Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 408-484 (57.1 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

and eviolite is getting a nerf, so not even chansey will be able to stand up to special sets without HJK just for chansey

it'll be uber for sure, especially with quiver dance AND rapid spin

I think a physical set is too easy to wall though, but the only type combo that'll wall bug+fighting+ice is ghost/steel I think

also, its not as frail as you guys might think:
44 Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Pheremosa: 204-240 (72 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Pheremosa: 256-303 (90.4 - 107%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Pheremosa: 210-248 (74.2 - 87.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
although 252 arceus@LO always OHKOs with extremespeed

literally nothing in ORAS OU can switch in on pheremosa and live the turn after unless it uses a priority move that also kills it except mega venusaur, so its gonna be uber easily
Keep in mind that just because there's very little that can tank its hits in ORAS OU doesn't necessarily mean there won't be anything available in SuMo OU that can take hits from it. Toxapex laughs at literally everything it can do, and Tentacruel/Defensive Gyarados have no issues with specially/physically biased sets respectively. Jellicent and Aegislash have absolutely nothing to fear from it, not to mention less viable answers from lower tiers like Weezing and Qwilfish.

If Dugtrio remains legal, I expect that Pheromosa will be banned since it's too easy to trap most of the good answers, but that speaks more to how broken buffed dugtrio is than to the power of Pheromosa itself. Should Dugtrio/Arena Trap not be allowed, I think there's a good chance that enough answers to Pheromosa will exist to keep it from being too good, but I guess we'll see.

Pheramosa will definately be banned no question. Ridiculous speed, really good mixed attack and a move pool that lets it take advantage over this ( u-turn, rapid spin, ice beam, high jump kick, bug buzz)means it is far to good for OU. This thing is literally greninja with better speed, stronger attacking stats and rapid spin utility. I can definately see it getting use in ubers though as a rapid spin + u-turn revenge killer

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpA / 248 Spe
Naive Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Bug Buzz
- Poison Jab
- Ice Beam
EV Spread outspeeds Timid Mega Zam/ Jolly Mega Aero.
I don't really believe in it choosing to use moves like Rapid Spin/ U-turn becuz its function is dat of a glass cannon and it just wants to come in and hit like a truck. I do c U-turn being used just to keep out of its counters/checks like Toxapex, Tentacruel, Doublade, Aegislash,Gyara, etc(majority have been said b4). Quiver Dance seems unviable becuz no1 would just let it set up any day and just run house against a team.
I believe Pheromosa has a small % to stay in OU tho I highly doubt dat mainly becuz of the fact dat I believe when playing with a glass cannon ppl would play more safe and the checks to Pheromosa all depend on rolls on living. Like Physically invested Zapdos taking a bug buzz and then an Ice Beam. Priority/Fast Scarf Mons can also check it due to its paper defenses but its coverage which serves better vs OUmakes me lean towards a possible Borderline of OU and Ubers. To summarize dis: Pheromosa has glass defenses which leads to glass cannon sets, numerous ways to check it, some counters, Coverage that works better OU than Ubers.

8 SpA Life Orb Mega Heracross Bug Buzz vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 91-108 (23.7 - 28.1%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
8 SpA Life Orb Mega Heracross Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 244-289 (63.7 - 75.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpA / 248 Spe
Naive Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Bug Buzz
- Poison Jab
- Ice Beam
EV Spread outspeeds Timid Mega Zam/ Jolly Mega Aero.
I don't really believe in it choosing to use moves like Rapid Spin/ U-turn becuz its function is dat of a glass cannon and it just wants to come in and hit like a truck. I do c U-turn being used just to keep out of its counters/checks like Toxapex, Tentacruel, Doublade, Aegislash,Gyara, etc(majority have been said b4). Quiver Dance seems unviable becuz no1 would just let it set up any day and just run house against a team.
I believe Pheromosa has a small % to stay in OU tho I highly doubt dat mainly becuz of the fact dat I believe when playing with a glass cannon ppl would play more safe and the checks to Pheromosa all depend on rolls on living. Like Physically invested Zapdos taking a bug buzz and then an Ice Beam. Priority/Fast Scarf Mons can also check it due to its paper defenses but its coverage which serves better vs OUmakes me lean towards a possible Borderline of OU and Ubers. To summarize dis: Pheromosa has glass defenses which leads to glass cannon sets, numerous ways to check it, some counters, Coverage that works better OU than Ubers.

8 SpA Life Orb Mega Heracross Bug Buzz vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 91-108 (23.7 - 28.1%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
8 SpA Life Orb Mega Heracross Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 244-289 (63.7 - 75.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Yeah After thinking it over life orb full damage Pheromosa seems to be the best option. Unless you resist her attacks she is going to huge chunks to most pokemon. It does resist Pursuit, which is nice so it should die instantly if someone uses pursuit, even with those defenses. Has the calculator site been updated? I am very curious on running some test calculations on Bug buzz vs Lunge and High Jump Kick Vs that special fighting move, though I think Bug buzz and High Jump kick would be better.

Quiver dance seems very VERY tempting, but like people have said, no one will let you do that

I was thinking in doubles.. What if you speed swapped with something like Mega Kangaskhan, Garchomp, or even School Form Wishwashi? Then combine it with some type of setup move lie Swords Dance? It probably quite difficult to set up, but it's just a thought.

Anyone else realizing something as thing great mons continue to be revealed? Mega Sableye checks and ton of them. Expect Mega Sableye to be hella good next gen.

Scary Deoxys Attack junior with much better STABs, a great ability and a troll base 151 speed. Very likely to be OP in OU. As for Ubers..... Kind of lacking IMO. Bug/Fighting coverage is overrated. Yes, it hits a lot for SE damage. Though we can't ignore that this combo is easily walled by 3 pure types. As for coverage options I'm not very impressed. Ice Beam and Poison Jab are solid options, though that's about it. Pokes like Primal Groudon, Ho-Oh and even Giratina can easily take a hit and proceed to destroy it with any offensive move, If Pheromosa got Rock Slide, Psychic and Earth Power, this Poke would be pretty dangerous in ubers possibly AG worthy due to Beast Boost. That being said, Pheromosa has just enough tools to prevent it being walled by some Pokes. No doubt it rips through offensive teams and leaves huge dents in defensive teams. A shame it will struggle with some defensive mons. Though Beast Boost remedies this.

Psychic Terrain is also a boon for Pheromosa considering how pathetic it's defenses are.

Last edited:
Anyone else realizing something as thing great mons continue to be revealed? Mega Sableye checks and ton of them. Expect Mega Sableye to be hella good next gen.
Luckily it has been confirmed that mega speed and ability changes on the turn of mega evo, so sab can no longer prankster wisp.

I just caught a hasty one of these monsters, is that one okay or should I try to get a naive one?
If you are aiming to min max, because there is an obvious lack of special priority as compared to physical (which is the most likely hit you'll be dealing with) so naive would be the way to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)