Resource Pet Mods Workshop

[Gen 8] National Dex: Coder's Collaboration
I used to be the server owner of a popular Discord for Showdown! coders called Showdown! Coding before I passed it to harbar20. I also run r/PokemonShowdownCoding (I am doing an AMA with HoeenHero today in about an hour.), a small subreddit focused on the same topic. Now, I know coders have lives outside of coding things for people on Showdown!; but participating in a Pet Mod with the coders in mind might be a subject of interest to a lot of people that do this as a hobby. So, introducing Coder's Collaboration: A Pet Mod where, each week, 1-3 snippets of code (per coder) are submitted to the format directly (with explanations, of course) for voting on after the week is over. The code could be editing existing mons, creating Fakemon, new moves, Abilities, items, anything that improves the National Dex format. You might be wondering, "how do regular users apply to this Pet Mod?". Like I was saying, the code HAS to have included with it a summary of what it is doing. After the week is up, we would have 4 days to vote on whether or not the change gets accepted to the format. A simple "Yes" or "No" process will be used to do this. A 2/3 majority would be required to "pass" each code snippet.

Questions:
1. If you are a coder, how do you feel about this mod? Does it sound appealing to you?
2. If you are not a coder, how do you feel about participating in this mod?
3. In general, what do you think about this mod?

Last edited:
Name: Spot the Kecleon
Concept: This is a Pet Mod based off of the game Chameleon where you have to find the person who doesn't get a specific piece of information and is trying to blend in. At the beginning, everyone can sign up. After sign ups close, everyone gets put into a list. One person will be chosen as the Kecleon. Everyone who isn't the Kecleon will receive the slate topic and have to make a sub following the slate topic. People will want to submit early to look less suspicious, however the Kelceon also wants to submit later to get plenty of information. After submissions close, everyone gets to vote on who they think is the Kecleon. If you get it wrong, the Kecleon wins and their submission gets in with "-Kecleon" at the end of it. However, if you get it right, the Kecleon sub gets removed from the list and everyone can vote for a normal winner.
Questions:
Would people be interested in something like this after the whole Micrometa Mafia fiasco?
Should the Kecleon get a different suffix other than "-Kecleon"?
Does it seem too difficult to catch the Kecleon? Too easy?

Last edited:
Ubers Expansion Pack (Not sure on the name lol)

Concept: Buffing pokemon in lower tiers by buffing their stats, movepools, adding abilities, and changing typings to have a greater niche in the Ubers meta. This is based in regular Ubers, on dexited stuff isn’t allowed. Customs are not allowed either.

I thought of this concept because 1. I didn’t see many pet mods focusing on Ubers, and 2. Because I feel like the Ubers meta doesn’t have as much viable choices to pick from compared to other metas. The goal of this meta is not to make new Ubers pokemon that completely outclass, overshadow, or remove a current Ubers mon out of viablity, that would be going against the point of the mod, but to instead make pokemon into viable options inside the Ubers meta for it to be a more enjoyable and creative meta. Another note, you can also nerf Zacian and Zacian crowned from AG to come back to Ubers if you want. Though they might just get unbanned if the New additions can keep them in check. Here is an example sub for Lanturn.

:sm/Lanturn:
Name: Lanturn
Type:
1645102994137.png
1645103003321.png

Stats: 126/58/72/90/85/67 (+14 def, 14 spatk, +9 Spdef)
Abilities: Volt Absorb/Natural Cure/Water Absorb
New Moves: Recover
Removed Moves: N/A
Role: Kyogre and Ho-Oh check
Description: Checks two pretty scary wallbreakers, so it would be a nice addition to actually give us some solid counterplay to them. Will also enable volturn cores which are pretty much non-existent in this meta. I gave it Recover for obvious reasons, natural cure over the useless illuminate to shed off toxic and sacred fire burns, and the bulk increase makes it so it can actually do its job. This wouldn’t make Ho-oh and Kyogre obselete however, as it’s still scared of Eq from Ho-Oh, and sub cm Kyogre still gives Lanturn a problem.

Sub process would be like this, New slate every week and you can sub whatever you want but you can only sub up to 6 mons per slate. Then voting starts and 4 subs will win. There will be a short 24hr discussion phase after winners are announced and the cycle restarts.The mod will last for 10 slates like Joltemons to keep from the Ubers tier from being too bloated.

Last edited:
:swsh/raikou::swsh/flygon:
RU CAPish Thing

The idea: Swsh RU is a very cool format. Let's make it even cooler by adding fakemon. Mon usability will change with RU tiering changes.

Questions for the community: what would be the best way for submissions to work? Would it be best for it to be CAP-adjacent, or for people to just submit mons as they see fit?

Council: Currently just me, but I know next to nothing about RU so I'll probably need quite a bit of help with quality control and running the mod.

ABILITY WIPE

Uh oh! It seems like every pokemon have forgotten their abilities. Guess we'll have to improvise.

Idea: An SSOU based Pet Mod where every ability is missing, and it will be our job to either make new ones or bring the old ones back.

Instead of a normal process where it's just slate after slate, there's more to this than it seems.
When a slate begins, 1 of 4 3 different slate types can be chosen at random:

Ability Creation Slate:
Ideas will be taken from a discord server chatroom and 5 of them will make it into a slate. Normal discussion ensues and after some time a vote will be held to allow 1 or 2 of the abilities into the meta.

Returning Ability Slate:
Instead of creating a new one, 5 abilities will be chosen at random and will be introduced in a slate. Normal slate procedures commence and once the votes settle, 1 or 2 formerly existing abilities will return to the metagame.

SPECIAL RULE: If an ability returns to the metagame, it will not be allowed to be distributed to pokemon who had that ability previously.
ex: If Intimidate were to get voted back in, Landorus-Therian would be barred from having Intimidate.

Pokemon Introduction Slate:
This is what I mean when I mentioned that only OU and UUBL Pokemon would be allowed for now. Once a Pokemon introduction slate comes up, 5 pokemon suggested in the discord would be put up on a slate. This would allow new pokemon to slowly come back in as new abilities arrive. If an ability gets approved that a UU or RU pokemon would be really good with, that pokemon may in the future be nominated and approved to enter the meta. Once the slate begins it would be normal slate procedures as always. Discussion, Votes, Approval.

Instead of the previous idea, a pokemon will become usable once it gains its first ability.

Ability Distribution Slate:
Once some abilities have been introduced, we need to distribute them. When an ability distribution slate comes up, one of the abilities approved will be presented. The people will be tasked with nominating a pokemon to receive this ability. Once nominations are complete, all nominated pokemon will be listed with a yes or no vote next to them. From there people will vote for each nomination and once the vote ends, a pokemon must reach a 60% voting majority to be allowed to have the ability. All pokemon that reach that majority will receive their new ability.

A Few Questions:

Is this too complicated for a pet mod?
I'm a little afraid having 3 different slate types would be a little too complicated, but I think it would be tons of fun not knowing what comes next.

Is this too similar to VIAbilities?
I'm leaning towards no myself since no existing abilities will actually be modified, but I'm not a full-on expert on this stuff so I'd like to hear others opinions.

Should returning abilities be randomly chosen, or suggested on in the discord like new abilities?
This one's tough to me, it could go either way and I'd be happy.

Should a pokemon be limited to 2 or 3 abilities?
Another one I couldn't really decide on, more abilities mean more variety, but is there a point where it's a bit much?

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I do think it is a pretty interesting idea, but there's just one little part I disagree with

Since it would be ridiculous to distribute abilitys to all pokemon, only OU and UUBL Pokemon will be allowed... at first.

A lot of Pokémon are only viable largely because of their abilities, so restricting what can get the new abilities judging by their vanilla viability doesn't really make sense imo. Imo what you could do is let people suggest any mons for the ability suggestion but limit how many mons a single person can suggest, so they still have full freedom over what Pokémon could recieve the ability regardless of tier but since they're limited on how many they can pick, they'd go for actual viable users rather than just filler/flavor mons

I do think it is a pretty interesting idea, but there's just one little part I disagree with

A lot of Pokémon are only viable largely because of their abilities, so restricting what can get the new abilities judging by their vanilla viability doesn't really make sense imo. Imo what you could do is let people suggest any mons for the ability suggestion but limit how many mons a single person can suggest, so they still have full freedom over what Pokémon could recieve the ability regardless of tier but since they're limited on how many they can pick, they'd go for actual viable users rather than just filler/flavor mons
My point with that was to prevent the pool from getting too big, while allowing the others to be introduced over time. Although the thought of just making a pokemon usable once it gets 1 ability is something I somehow didn't consider. Good feedback thx

Hello! This will be my first post in the Pet Mods forum.

The idea I have and wish to workshop is called "Tradebacks DX". The concept is based on the RBY / Gen 1 Lower Tier metagame of "Tradebacks OU". In that metagame, Pokemon were capable of having moves they could legally obtain in Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal, which were traded into the Red, Blue, and Yellow games through a special in-game feature in GSC. These movepool additions noticeably changed the metagame of RBY Tradebacks OU compared to RBY OU.
:persian: :hypno: :vaporeon:
For example, Persian, Hypno, and Vaporeon are all considered to be OU rather than UU. For this metagame, I would propose that a Gen 1 Pokemon is capable of having any combination of Gen 1 Moves it can obtain at any point in the series. The changes introduced to an RBY metagame would be even more pronounced if Tradebacks OU threats like Hypno could legally run Amnesia with Barrier (rather than Reflect).

:jolteon:
One of the two biggest examples of a Pokemon that challenges the status quo of either metagame is Sing Jolteon, now the fastest Sleep inflicter in the metagame, and it still has access to Growth as well as its decent coverage moves for an Electric type. Jolteon also happens to be speed tied with Aerodactyl for the second fastest Pokemon in the entire OU metagame, only sitting behind Electrode. Jolteon becoming a very threatening lead with all of Sleep, Paralysis, Growth boosting, and good coverage for an Electric type would undeniably change some aspects of the very centralized OU lead metagame.
:alakazam:
The other happens to be Hypnosis Alakazam, courtesy of the most recent Pokemon: Legends Arceus (which is more recent than some of the work I've done to put this together, meaning that I'm probably missing some significant new additions from this core series game). Alakazam with Sleep is kind of the devil, and radically changes the landscape of RBY OU with its access to the second fastest Sleep in the game behind Sing Jolteon and finally a way to truly stop most Psychic type checks to it.
:exeggutor: :rhydon: (:exeggutor: :cloyster: :zapdos:)
Vanilla OU titans won't be left out either, such as an exemplars of Exeggutor and Rhydon both getting Swords Dance. Some small buffs exist for other existing OU threats, like Headbutt for Zapdos, Pin Missile and Twin Needle for Cloyster, Low Kick for Hypno and Exeggutor, and probably some other moves I'm forgetting that more qualified RBY players would intuitively understand as improvements.

One of the biggest appeals of an overhaul like this is, in the fashion of a lot of Pet Mods, that it offers some wild and unthought of buffs to Pokemon which previously could not distinguish themselves in OU or even UU.
:venusaur:
Venusaur, a Pokemon previously walled by Gengar, has that made not so by its new addition of Earthquake, giving it a new edge over its main competition and Wrap star, Victreebel. It also happens to get Amnesia, which while it already had Growth and didn't use it because Razor Leaf is always a critical hit, being able to boost to +2 Spc could be more useful for taking Psychics and making Mega Drain usable.
:charizard:
Though it isn't the strongest option, Thunder Punch gives Charizard a neat way of disposing of some of the Waters which checked it if they've been softened up by Paralysis support, Fire Spin, or general chip.
:dragonite:
Dragonite now has Earthquake to more neatly dispose of nearly every Wrap-resist or Wrap-immune Pokemon in the game, not even accounting for its newfound access to Barrier to really improve its matchup against Rocks.
:nidoking: :nidoqueen:
Nidoking and Nidoqueen have access to Super Fang to more easily chunk their way through Reflect + Recovery Normals.
:aerodactyl:
One of the more exciting Pokemon to come to mind is Aerodactyl, which now has an actual Rock type STAB in Rock Slide and a great new coverage move for that in Earthquake; Aerodactyl may not be the lead it once was given the presence of Sing Jolteon, but it can be a better cleaner against weakened teams and can even defang physical Snorlax with Reflect and threatening a burn with Fire Blast.
:gyarados:
Gyarados functions a bit more off of its good base 100 Special stat in this generation, but Earthquake gives it a much stronger hit versus Jolteon and other Electric types, while the addition of Bind exists if you are the devil.
:kangaskhan:
Kangaskhan has often bore the name of "second Tauros" for better and for worse, but with Sing in its arsenal, it now has a somewhat legitimate advantage over the bull. Sing gives you an instant out against whatever check your opponent is trying to use on you, and if Chansey can get away with Sing in standard OU, I have a good feeling that a fast wallbreaker like Kangaskhan could make it work too. Having a faster Sleep than Snorlax, Chansey, Exeggutor, Hypno, and Vaporeon should count for something.
:vaporeon:
Vaporeon, though I forgot to mention it earlier, will have Sing now. Its setup set competed a bit with Slowbro on paper, and this doesn't solve its gross 4MSS, but it will punish any Starmie looking to try and check you before you're too powerful.
:clefable:
Clefable now has the luxury of reliable recovery in Soft-Boiled. With the standard Tradeback OU's Amnesia, a Normal typing with Body Slam, Sing, and its usual great coverage, Clefable is a much better compromise between Snorlax and Chansey than it was previously.
:pinsir:
Pinsir, whose biggest stop was Gengar, now has Earthquake to blow through its old enemy. Rock Slide for better damage on Flying/Ice types is a nice bonus, while Quick Attack can pick off a few fast and frail threats, especially with a Swords Dance boost, that would otherwise threaten a paralyzed Pinsir or Pinsir in general with its mid Speed.
:dodrio:
Dodrio has Swords Dance now, which in combination with Jump Kick, Drill Peck, and a Normal STAB, is perfect coverage within RBY. Agility is there in its moveset too just to make the 4MSS that much worse.
:golduck:
Golduck can now legally run Amnesia with Hypnosis, just like Hypno.
:rapidash:
Rapidash, which gained Hypnosis in Tradebacks, now also has Swords Dance. It already struggled to fit all the moves of Fire Spin, Fire Blast, Body Slam, Hyper Beam, and Double Kick (now sidegrade-able into Low Kick) on its set, but Swords Dance could make the horse a bit better at busting through already-paralyzed Reflect Normals.
:seaking:
For the last of the OU-satellite Pokemon, Seaking has both Agility and Swords Dance for the D Rank it qualifies for itself in standard Tradebacks OU, but in Ultimate Tradebacks, Seaking would finally have Body Slam and Hydro Pump.

There's a few other lower tier Pokemon that get a few nice buffs.
:marowak: :golbat: :sandslash: :omastar: :raticate: :kingler:
Marowak gets Sing, Golbat gets Hypnosis, Sandslash and Omastar get Pin Missile, Raticate and Marowak gain Swords Dance, Kingler gets Slash, and there's probably more I'm neglecting.

I'm not the most adept at RBY, but I do feel like this type of overhaul could be really interesting to explore. RBY has a really tight metagame, so even some of the smaller tweaks may be applicable. I'm currently working on a sheet that properly displays all usable moves every fully evolved Pokemon in RBY would be able to use in this. I want to hopefully have a completed sheet including all 151 Pokemon, their moves, and indicators for whether those moves come from vanilla RBY, standard Tradebacks OU, or Gens III-VIII. Being really green to the Pet Mod scene, I would like to be really open to feedback on this idea!

I also think this concept is also up to a number of interpretations, such as adding "echo moves", or moves that have the same exact effect as moves from future generations, to the moves of Pokemon that would learn them, such as Recover on Charizard to emulate Roost in Gens IV-VIII, or Growth on Clefable to emulate Calm Mind in Gens IV-VIII. Alterations like these can become a slippery slope filled with gray areas though; Roost and Recover have the same PP in Generation VIII and arguably the same effect, but it's unclear if it should be on the grounds of the effect that Roost has on the Flying typing for the turn (which would otherwise not be programmed into RBY, and would kind of violate the move sanctity I'm going for), and that's putting aside Recover having much more PP in Gens I-III. If Recover is added to the movesets of some Pokemon, there's a question of whether or not Pokemon like Venusaur which gain recovery through moves like Synthesis should receive some sort of representation, even though their recovery move not only has additional effects not present in RBY but also much less PP compared to Recover.
:golem: :rhydon: :onix: :omastar: :kabutops:
A more kosher example might be giving Pokemon like Golem, Rhydon, Onix, Omastar, and Kabutops the move Agility as an analog to Rock Polish. Although the two have different PP totals (bet you've never compared the PPs of Rock Polish and Agility before this moment), I believe it would be more reasonable to give Agility to the above Pokemon because I don't foresee any of them really abusing the 16 extra PP of Agility compared to 16 extra PP of Recover. If this vein was to be explored, it would also be reasonable to give Ninetales and Arcanine Sharpen, as they can learn an analogous move, Howl, in later generations.
:arcanine: :ninetales:
It might also just be more reasonable to explore this in a different idea and for now just label it "Tradebacks DX+" for that Final Fantasy spin-off sounding title.

Thanks for reading!

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Around the World
So those of you who pay very close attention to the Pet Mods Discord might know where I'm going with this, as I've hinted about something similar to this last night. I've wanted another mod like MMM for a while now, but more "every man for themselves" and less likely to get people...emotional, to say the least...and I think I've come up with something pretty good after only a little while of thinking.

This is a Fakemon mod where you have zero limitations on what to sub, and voting would work just as it would with a minor exception I'll get into later. It is possible for someone to "win" this mod, though. In order for a user to win, they must have at least one winning sub for 14 of the 18 types. A dual-typed Pokemon will count for both types, so if you win with a Ghost/Fairy and a Steel/Fire, you'll have 10 types left to go. It would be very easy for people to play favorites or block someone out of winning, so for the sake of fairness, I will have everyone DM me their subs and I'll post them all here anonymously at the same time. You will then vote, and you'll know who made each sub after voting ends, so you'll be able to accurately tell what all types someone has left.

In addition, by request on Discord, I've added a new rule to this. When you sign up, you will give me four types that will NOT count towards winning the game. If for example you pick Grass, Steel, Fighting, and Normal, you have to get a winning submission of the 14 other types in order to win. You can still submit Pokemon of any type, even if it's one you've already won with or if it's one of these four, but you can just ignore these when counting votes for your final tally.

There is a bit of strategy that can go into this, but I won't go over it. I want people to be able to think through this mod themselves to see how they want to approach this mod, and whoever has the best strategy and the best submissions will likely end up winning. I will say, though, that the final rounds will be almost certainly pivotal in this mod regardless of how big of a headstart someone gets. I think it will be at least a little bit harder to close out your last types when you have the spotlight on you and people will avoid voting for the types you have left.

Miscellaneous notes and questions...
  • If you think you know what the optimal way to sub for this mod would be, don't say it! I don't know or care if it's obvious to you or in general, it may not be obvious to someone else. This isn't a rule but you'll be putting yourself at a major disadvantage by not hiding this information for yourself. Knowing this though, I'm sure someone won't think about it or won't care enough and will ignore this.
  • No customs. I don't know how many subs this mod is going to get and I do not want another NatDex Plus to happen.
  • I will be allowing 3 subs per person each slate, but am open to changing this number.
  • There will be around 3-5 winning Fakemon per slate.
  • All subs will be hidden until voting. There won't be a spreadsheet that gets updated frequently or whatever, just one big fat post that'll be dropped when voting starts. It'll be sorted alphabetically by the Fakemons' species names.
  • I originally had it so you had to get all 18 types to win, but I feel like this would have too big of a stalemate at the end. It would be very easy for people to just avoid entire types until we have twelve people in the finals and the meta would be oversaturated with a few types of Fakemon. The rules were changed to what you see now to combat this.
  • In order to avoid people picking favorites with other people, I'll likely assign everyone with a randomly-chosen Pokemon as well when they sign up in order to combat this as best as possible. This will have no impact on this mod, it'll just be to make sure people don't get any alias that can be tied to them super easily. Let's say I get Barboach. If I win with a Grass/Steel in Slate 1 and a Normal/Dragon in Slate 3, you all will know that Barboach won with those Fakemon instead of DuoM2 winning with those Fakemon. I'd like to think I'm pretty popular here and I have a feeling that a few people definitely treat me differently because I'm a mod, and I don't want that to impact this mod.
  • I will not be voting for anything, not even to break ties, since I will know who's who and could pick favorites. I will also not be vetoing any subs, and buffs and nerfs will not happen with one possible exception that you will see later in this post.
  • Like I've been doing for my EXTREME mods, I'll be one-man-teaming council this time around because it's ideal for me to do all of the heavy lifting myself. I'm sure nobody else wants to sacrifice themselves to know who's who so they can help me run the spreadsheet. Helps that there will be no rebalances.
  • Discussion will be held in this mod's own Discord server, which will be made if it gets accepted.
  • I'll explain how ties work both for individual votes and the freak chance that two people win the mod at the same time in my opening post if this gets accepted.

• Does the premise sound fun to sub for? Would you participate in it?
  • Are there any flaws in my process? Any oversights, improvements, or other things to consider?
  • It's possible for me to give a prize to the winner to give more incentive to win. Any ideas? Should I do anything for the runner-ups? My current idea was letting the winner buff and nerf three Pokemon each, and maybe letting anyone else who was close doing one of each as well beforehand. You'll definitely be getting a cool color on this mod's Discord though.
Hope you guys like the idea!
I don't have much interest in running this anymore, if someone else wants to snag it and submit it then go ahead. I can help with running it as well if you want. Just as long as you keep it a Fakemon mod since we need more of those lmao

Anyways, onto the main point of this post...

Hello! This will be my first post in the Pet Mods forum.

The idea I have and wish to workshop is called "Tradebacks DX". The concept is based on the RBY / Gen 1 Lower Tier metagame of "Tradebacks OU". In that metagame, Pokemon were capable of having moves they could legally obtain in Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal, which were traded into the Red, Blue, and Yellow games through a special in-game feature in GSC. These movepool additions noticeably changed the metagame of RBY Tradebacks OU compared to RBY OU.
:persian: :hypno: :vaporeon:
For example, Persian, Hypno, and Vaporeon are all considered to be OU rather than UU. For this metagame, I would propose that a Gen 1 Pokemon is capable of having any combination of Gen 1 Moves it can obtain at any point in the series. The changes introduced to an RBY metagame would be even more pronounced if Tradebacks OU threats like Hypno could legally run Amnesia with Barrier (rather than Reflect).

:jolteon:
One of the two biggest examples of a Pokemon that challenges the status quo of either metagame is Sing Jolteon, now the fastest Sleep inflicter in the metagame, and it still has access to Growth as well as its decent coverage moves for an Electric type. Jolteon also happens to be speed tied with Aerodactyl for the second fastest Pokemon in the entire OU metagame, only sitting behind Electrode. Jolteon becoming a very threatening lead with all of Sleep, Paralysis, Growth boosting, and good coverage for an Electric type would undeniably change some aspects of the very centralized OU lead metagame.
:alakazam:
The other happens to be Hypnosis Alakazam, courtesy of the most recent Pokemon: Legends Arceus (which is more recent than some of the work I've done to put this together, meaning that I'm probably missing some significant new additions from this core series game). Alakazam with Sleep is kind of the devil, and radically changes the landscape of RBY OU with its access to the second fastest Sleep in the game behind Sing Jolteon and finally a way to truly stop most Psychic type checks to it.
:exeggutor: :rhydon: (:exeggutor: :cloyster: :zapdos:)
Vanilla OU titans won't be left out either, such as an exemplars of Exeggutor and Rhydon both getting Swords Dance. Some small buffs exist for other existing OU threats, like Headbutt for Zapdos, Pin Missile and Twin Needle for Cloyster, Low Kick for Hypno and Exeggutor, and probably some other moves I'm forgetting that more qualified RBY players would intuitively understand as improvements.

One of the biggest appeals of an overhaul like this is, in the fashion of a lot of Pet Mods, that it offers some wild and unthought of buffs to Pokemon which previously could not distinguish themselves in OU or even UU.
:venusaur:
Venusaur, a Pokemon previously walled by Gengar, has that made not so by its new addition of Earthquake, giving it a new edge over its main competition and Wrap star, Victreebel. It also happens to get Amnesia, which while it already had Growth and didn't use it because Razor Leaf is always a critical hit, being able to boost to +2 Spc could be more useful for taking Psychics and making Mega Drain usable.
:charizard:
Though it isn't the strongest option, Thunder Punch gives Charizard a neat way of disposing of some of the Waters which checked it if they've been softened up by Paralysis support, Fire Spin, or general chip.
:dragonite:
Dragonite now has Earthquake to more neatly dispose of nearly every Wrap-resist or Wrap-immune Pokemon in the game, not even accounting for its newfound access to Barrier to really improve its matchup against Rocks.
:nidoking: :nidoqueen:
Nidoking and Nidoqueen have access to Super Fang to more easily chunk their way through Reflect + Recovery Normals.
:aerodactyl:
One of the more exciting Pokemon to come to mind is Aerodactyl, which now has an actual Rock type STAB in Rock Slide and a great new coverage move for that in Earthquake; Aerodactyl may not be the lead it once was given the presence of Sing Jolteon, but it can be a better cleaner against weakened teams and can even defang physical Snorlax with Reflect and threatening a burn with Fire Blast.
:gyarados:
Gyarados functions a bit more off of its good base 100 Special stat in this generation, but Earthquake gives it a much stronger hit versus Jolteon and other Electric types, while the addition of Bind exists if you are the devil.
:kangaskhan:
Kangaskhan has often bore the name of "second Tauros" for better and for worse, but with Sing in its arsenal, it now has a somewhat legitimate advantage over the bull. Sing gives you an instant out against whatever check your opponent is trying to use on you, and if Chansey can get away with Sing in standard OU, I have a good feeling that a fast wallbreaker like Kangaskhan could make it work too. Having a faster Sleep than Snorlax, Chansey, Exeggutor, Hypno, and Vaporeon should count for something.
:vaporeon:
Vaporeon, though I forgot to mention it earlier, will have Sing now. Its setup set competed a bit with Slowbro on paper, and this doesn't solve its gross 4MSS, but it will punish any Starmie looking to try and check you before you're too powerful.
:clefable:
Clefable now has the luxury of reliable recovery in Soft-Boiled. With the standard Tradeback OU's Amnesia, a Normal typing with Body Slam, Sing, and its usual great coverage, Clefable is a much better compromise between Snorlax and Chansey than it was previously.
:pinsir:
Pinsir, whose biggest stop was Gengar, now has Earthquake to blow through its old enemy. Rock Slide for better damage on Flying/Ice types is a nice bonus, while Quick Attack can pick off a few fast and frail threats, especially with a Swords Dance boost, that would otherwise threaten a paralyzed Pinsir or Pinsir in general with its mid Speed.
:dodrio:
Dodrio has Swords Dance now, which in combination with Jump Kick, Drill Peck, and a Normal STAB, is perfect coverage within RBY. Agility is there in its moveset too just to make the 4MSS that much worse.
:golduck:
Golduck can now legally run Amnesia with Hypnosis, just like Hypno.
:rapidash:
Rapidash, which gained Hypnosis in Tradebacks, now also has Swords Dance. It already struggled to fit all the moves of Fire Spin, Fire Blast, Body Slam, Hyper Beam, and Double Kick (now sidegrade-able into Low Kick) on its set, but Swords Dance could make the horse a bit better at busting through already-paralyzed Reflect Normals.
:seaking:
For the last of the OU-satellite Pokemon, Seaking has both Agility and Swords Dance for the D Rank it qualifies for itself in standard Tradebacks OU, but in Ultimate Tradebacks, Seaking would finally have Body Slam and Hydro Pump.

There's a few other lower tier Pokemon that get a few nice buffs.
:marowak: :golbat: :sandslash: :omastar: :raticate: :kingler:
Marowak gets Sing, Golbat gets Hypnosis, Sandslash and Omastar get Pin Missile, Raticate and Marowak gain Swords Dance, Kingler gets Slash, and there's probably more I'm neglecting.

I'm not the most adept at RBY, but I do feel like this type of overhaul could be really interesting to explore. RBY has a really tight metagame, so even some of the smaller tweaks may be applicable. I'm currently working on a sheet that properly displays all usable moves every fully evolved Pokemon in RBY would be able to use in this. I want to hopefully have a completed sheet including all 151 Pokemon, their moves, and indicators for whether those moves come from vanilla RBY, standard Tradebacks OU, or Gens III-VIII. Being really green to the Pet Mod scene, I would like to be really open to feedback on this idea!

I also think this concept is also up to a number of interpretations, such as adding "echo moves", or moves that have the same exact effect as moves from future generations, to the moves of Pokemon that would learn them, such as Recover on Charizard to emulate Roost in Gens IV-VIII, or Growth on Clefable to emulate Calm Mind in Gens IV-VIII. Alterations like these can become a slippery slope filled with gray areas though; Roost and Recover have the same PP in Generation VIII and arguably the same effect, but it's unclear if it should be on the grounds of the effect that Roost has on the Flying typing for the turn (which would otherwise not be programmed into RBY, and would kind of violate the move sanctity I'm going for), and that's putting aside Recover having much more PP in Gens I-III. If Recover is added to the movesets of some Pokemon, there's a question of whether or not Pokemon like Venusaur which gain recovery through moves like Synthesis should receive some sort of representation, even though their recovery move not only has additional effects not present in RBY but also much less PP compared to Recover.
:golem: :rhydon: :onix: :omastar: :kabutops:
A more kosher example might be giving Pokemon like Golem, Rhydon, Onix, Omastar, and Kabutops the move Agility as an analog to Rock Polish. Although the two have different PP totals (bet you've never compared the PPs of Rock Polish and Agility before this moment), I believe it would be more reasonable to give Agility to the above Pokemon because I don't foresee any of them really abusing the 16 extra PP of Agility compared to 16 extra PP of Recover. If this vein was to be explored, it would also be reasonable to give Ninetales and Arcanine Sharpen, as they can learn an analogous move, Howl, in later generations.
:arcanine: :ninetales:
It might also just be more reasonable to explore this in a different idea and for now just label it "Tradebacks DX+" for that Final Fantasy spin-off sounding title.

Thanks for reading!
First off, hey, welcome to Pet Mods! I think this idea is very interesting, and I have an idea for a slightly different direction to make this more akin to traditional Pet Mods and makes this into a direct community effort. This is somewhat similar to RBY 898, a mod where all Pokemon are usable with every move they learn that existed in Gen 1, but without the other Pokemon. What I think would be really cool for this is if you instead take the RBY Tradebacks meta and let people submit changes for Pokemon to try and fit interesting niches within the meta. Like for example, everyone would submit their proposed changes to certain Pokemon, like let's say someone suggests we give Machamp High Jump Kick to boost its role. After that, there would be a vote on a few changes, and then the winners are decided and those changes are made. I think there's a lot of potential for something like this though, I'll definitely mention this to some RBY people to get their feedback.

Looking forward to seeing where you take this!

Ema Skye

Work!
Pet Mod Name: Raiders of the Lost Arc (Arceus pun lol) (name ideas are welcome)
Description: This cooperative-battling Pet Mod uses the Raids structure to create a new way of battling. Utilizing the multi-battle format, it is a doubles based format pitting the two battlers against superbosses (Pokemon that compensate for the 12v2 disadvantage they have). Instead of creating Pokemon to battle with, submissions would be for the superboss Pokemon to battle against, with a vote determining what gets added.

In my head, the superbosses form a pool, and two of them are randomly chosen when the battle opens, and the battle ends either when both bosses are KOed or the players run out of Pokemon. I imagine the free-for-all code and randbats code would help make it work, but I'm not a coder (see first question below!). At the very least, there's no need for teambuilder support!!

Questions:
  • For the coders, is this even codeable? What kind of compromises would I need to make for it to work?
  • Given that it is collaborative instead of competitive, what is the motivation to play outside of being fun? Do we have speedrun contests or lowest turn count? 0-death runs? Discord rewards for challenges? Mainly asking for input here on what you'd find interesting.
  • Customs, yes or no? Would it make an already complicated format even harder to get into?

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
Pet Mod Name: Plutonium
Pet Mod Concept: This metagame is based around NatDex (Z-moves are banned though) where users submit fakemons, new forms, and fake megas and vote for their preferred sub, plus lots of already existing pokemon have got buffed.
The format is 100% up to the person who's submitting the fakemon/new (or fake) but I've got a couple of examples of real subs:
Name: Tigeraku
Stats: 75/130/80/70/111
Ability: Strong Jaw
Typing: Fire
Relevant Moves: Close Combat, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Bulk Up, Psychic Fangs, and Crunch
Description: This mon's a quite nice wallbreaker able to break through a good part of the metagame with its solid coverage and access to Bulk Up.
1649557630829.png
(You can also use these formats to submit fake megas).

Explanation: So we've got the needed resources and a tier ruleset:
Banned Pokemon:
Arceus (all formes)
Calyrex-Ice
Calyrex-Shadow
Deoxys-Attack
Deoxys-Speed
Dialga
Eternatus
Genesect
Giratina
Giratina-Origin
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kangaskhan-Mega
Kyogre
Kyurem-White
Landorus
Lucario-Mega
Lugia
Lunala
Marshadow
Mewtwo
Naganadel
Necrozma-Dusk Mane
Necrozma-Dawn Wings
Palkia
Pheromosa
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Salamence-Mega
Shaymin-Sky
Solgaleo
Sylveon-Mega X
Sylveon-Mega Y
Yveltal
Zacian
Zacian-Crowned
Zamazenta
Zekrom

Active Clauses:
Baton Pass Clause: Players cannot run Baton Pass on a Pokemon with either a Boosting Move or Ability.
Species Clause: Players cannot have more than one Pokémon with any National Pokédex number.
Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot intentionally prevent their opponent's Pokémon from fainting from PP depletion and Struggle recoil.
Sleep Clause Mod: Players can not induce sleep on more than one of the opponent's Pokémon at once.
Evasion Clause: Moves that boost evasion like Minimize are banned.
OHKO Clause: Moves that OHKO the foe (Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, and Sheer Cold) are banned.
Dynamax Clause: Players cannot Dynamax their Pokémon.
Z-Move Clause: Players cannot give their Pokemon Z-Crystals as held items.

Banned Abilities:
Arena Trap
Moody
Power Construct
Shadow Tag

Banned Items:
King’s Rock
Quick Claw
Razor Fang
Bright Powder

The following Pokemon will be OU by tiering:
Alakazam-Mega
Blastoise-Mega
Blaziken-Mega
Buzzwole
Cinderace
Clefable
Corviknight
Darkrai
Darmanitan-Galar
Deoxys
Dragapult
Ferrothorn
Garchomp
Gliscor
Greninja-Ash
Heatran
Hippowdon
Kartana
Kyurem-B
Landorus-Therian
Lopunny-Mega
Magearna
Magnezone
Mawile-Mega
Medicham-Mega
Metagross-Mega
Moltres-Galar
Pelipper
Rillaboom
Scizor-Mega
Serperior
Slowbro
Spectrier
Swampert-Mega
Sylveon
Tapu Fini
Tapu Koko
Tapu Lele
Tornadus-T
Toxapex
Umbreon
Urshifu-S
Volcarona
Weavile
Zamazenta-Crowned
Zapdos
Zygarde

Miscellaneous: So yeah I've got some stuff to clarify:
  • It's already got a council and we also have contributors, here's the list:
Tier Leader:
scorbunnys

Co-TL:
Arishem

Council:
alkazoth
ausma
BT89
Critical Fish
FangFoe

Contributors (people that has contributed to the server/the metagame):
Adrift and Alone
Emil Heskey
Godslayer27
Lupla
Nezloe

• We're working to get done asap a UU format and we'll eventually have lower tiers like RU and NU (plus there's a chance that we get done stuff like Pluto 1v1 done).
  • Currently we're working on internally voting on all previous submissions that were sent before a formula had been established. Once voting has concluded, new submissions will be opened up and handled smoothly from then on.
  • We have also got a discord server, here's the link:

I'd like to clarify I'm willing to do any change in the metagame before posting it in the subs thread, anyways see ya!

Last edited:
ABILITY WIPE (version 2.0)

Uh oh! It seems like every pokemon have forgotten their abilities. Guess we'll have to improvise.
Idea: An SSOU based Pet Mod where every ability is missing, and it will be our job to either make new ones or bring the old ones back.
After getting feedback from discord, I put this on the backburner to watch other pet mods to learn more about slates and running pet mods before I came back with a revised version.

This mod will run in a cycle between 2 different slates back and forth, shortening it down from its previous 3-4 slates.

THE CYCLE

Slate 1: Ability Introduction Slate

Combining the new and old ability slates from V1, the ability introduction slate will be a lot simpler. Each person will be allowed to nominate 2 abilities, old or new, to join the metagame. Sometimes I may ask specifically for only new or existing abilities, but if not specified you can use your brain juices to their fullest and give any 2 abilities your heart sees fit. You could nominate Magic Guard, Intimidate, Moxie, or just come up with something brand new and wild. Once nominations end, we will move to the voting stage where people will vote for 2 abilities they wish to join the metagame from the pool of nominations.

Once voting is completed and the 2 new abilities are decided on we move onto:

Slate 2: Ability Distribution Slate
This will work pretty similarly to how it did in V1, except for the fact that both abilities just introduced will be used at once.
Here you will be given the 2 abilities just voted and added to metagame and it is now your job to distribute those abilities to new pokemon. You will NOT be allowed to distribute an ability to a pokemon that previously had it (i.e Landorus-Therian cannot receive Intimidate again).
When nominating for distribution you will do it like this:

Ability: Intimidate
Pokemon to Receive: Bisharp
Reasoning: Due to Bisharp having a 4x Weakness to Fighting and a 2x Weakness to ground, it would benefit a lot from Intimidate. Utilizing the new ability to nerf its weaknesses to maybe squish a hit extra before going down. (Also if I pulled up on a Bisharp I sure as hell would be intimidated)

You will be allowed to nominate 2 pokemon per ability with a total of 4 per slate per person. When nominations end and the council has vetoed any nominations that they do not approve of the nominated pokemon will be thrown into a pool, where now you will vote on who recieves the ability.

When voting begins you will receive a ballot like so:

Intimidate:
:bisharp: :
:weavile: :
:tapu fini: :
:necrozma: :
:golisopod: :

and you will vote like so:

Intimidate:
:bisharp: : Yes
:weavile: : Yes
:tapu fini: : No
:necrozma: : No
:golisopod: : Yes

Once voting ends, votes will be tallied and (unless specified) the pokemon who received a 60% majority vote (suspect test rules) will receive their new ability. Once a pokemon gets its first ability it will be allowed to join the metagame and be used, otherwise they will remain shadow banned until an ability is given to said pokemon.

And once the distribution slate ends, the pokemon will receive their abilities and the cycle will restart, nominating new abilities and distributing them until a solid metagame forms.

One Question for the masses which returns from V1 cuz Im still unsure.

Should pokemon be limited to 2 abilities or should they be allowed to have 3?
Having 3 abilities available may register one of their abilities unusable and the thought of only 2 abilities max may make people more hesitant to throw abilities on any pokemon they see fit. 3 Abilities would still be fine but Im leaning towards 2. Would love feedback on this.​

Mega Rework
A Nat Dex based mod where all current Mega Evolutions are reworked so that they feel completely new. Submitters can change the typing and the stats of the Megas, and their base will be allowed to have 4 additional moves (m4a style). Abilities given to these reworked Megas will be new custom abilities given only to said mon.

Anti-Democratic Society
(Or ADS for short)
Description: Everyone submits pokemon based on a slate. Submissions will be vetoed if they don't fit with the slate. After the submission phase is over, everyone will vote for up to 3 submissions they want to be vetoed. You can also vote for less than 3 submissions to be vetoed. After 3 or less submissions get vetoed, I put all the submissions on the wheel of randomness and spin it to get the random winner(s).​

Trainer Support
Every team gains a trainer slot in the teambuilder, where they can select one trainer to provide the team a universal ability unique to the trainer. Trainers submitted must have some relevance to the Pokémon series and cannot be nameless generic classes, and submissions must thematically fit with the trainer.
Roxie:
All sound moves gain 1.3x damage and 20% chance to confuse.

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
:wingull:Anarchy: The Micrometa:wingull:

Good morning/afternoon/evening cretins, today I've come to bless you all
with an incredible Pet Mod Idea that I've come up with all by myself with no
help from anyone else. You're welcome.

The Premise
Anarchy: The Micrometa is a pet mod in which You, The Users, must submit
Fakemons and variants of existing Pokemon that I, The Owner, will

then graciously allow into my glorious mod.
There will be no vetoes.
There will be no voting slate.
There is only the word of Albatross.

The Slates
There will be two kinds of slates:
a prompt slate, where users are given a series of prompts
created by me, Albatross, and must create Fakemon that fulfil said prompts; and
a variants slate, where several Pokemon are slated and users must create
variants for these Pokemon, akin to the main game's regional variants.
Note: Example submissions are not representative of the mod's power level. Submissions will not have to be Albatross-themed, though it would be funny if they all were
Prompt: Create A Set-Up Sweeper
Example Submission:
Name: Funkytross
Typing: Fairy
Abilities: Dazzling/Sheer Force
Stats: 100/100/100/100/100/100
Movepool:
  • Physical:
  • Special: Moonblast, Earth Power, Hurricane
Flavour: Albatross in Pokemon?! Woah
Description: Nasty Plot Sheer Force sweeper ig
Slated Pokemon: :ss/lurantis:
Example Submission:
Name: Lurantis-Epic
Typing: Fighting
Abilities: Leaf Guard / Contrary
Stats: 70/105/90/80/90/45
Movepool Changes: +Close Combat, Mach Punch, -Superpower
Flavour: Lurantis but it's now wearing a t-shirt that had the text "Albatross Is Epic" printed on it in comic sans
Description: Epic defensive Contrary

Sometimes I will make strange decisions based solely upon my fickle whims.
This cannot be prevented.
You will have to put up with my bullshit for a full 10 slates.

Additional Notes
  • Custom elements are allowed, providing they are clones of pre-existing moves and abilities​
  • The mod, in case it wasn't exceeding obvious, will be a micrometa​
  • Anarchy: The Micrometa will be presided over by a council, whom will help enact my will upon the Pet Mod. My word is still absolute law though, trust me​
:wingull: Albatross :wingull:
Duo
(Duo doesn't get a Pokemon even though this was his concept to begin with, sorry Duo x)

Because it shortens into ATM and I personally think that is rather droll

Got 2 similar ideas that explore their concept in opposite ways, gonna sumbit one before the early June deadline, lmk what you think

:rb/clefable:
Pet Mod Name: [Gen 1] FutureProofing
Pet Mod Concept: Pokémon has undergone many changes over its eight generations, but the most notable changes it's ever received have got to be the new typings that were added after Gen 1. Dark, Steel, and Fairy have each had huge impacts on Pokémon as a whole and it's hard to imagine these Pokémon without these shiny new typings. But what if we tried?
Explanation: In this mod, we would take every Dark, Steel, and Fairy-type Pokémon and most (if not all) moves of those types and adapt them into the Gen 1 engine by changing their types, movepools, stats, and potentially effects for moves. Pokémon that weren't introduced with those typings (ex: Azumarill) wouldn't be included.
Let's say that Weavile was slated, your sub would look something like this:

:dp/weavile:
Pokemon: Weavile
New Type:

Stats: 70/100/45/65/125
New Moves*: Lick, Submission, Hydro Pump, Night Shade
Removed Moves*: N/A
Competitive Overview: A fast Swords Dance that can spam auto-crit Slashes to its heart's content while having STAB Hydro Pump to smack Rhydon. Can hardly take a hit to save its life despite a pretty great defensive typing, but at least you can switch in on common Normal moves

*Adding and removing moves would use the moves that it learns that exist in Gen 1 as a basis, similar to Hoenn Gaiden

As for moves, it would look something like this:
Move: Knock Off
Type:

Power: 65
PP: 20
Effect: Deals 1.5x damage if the target is statused. Removes their status condition.
Distribution::persian::lickitung::dodrio::clefable::wigglytuff::raticate::beedrill::dewgong::golduck::hitmonlee::kingler::machamp::sandslash:
Justification: Neat option to abuse how common status conditions are in RBY and allow you to remove unwanted status conditions a la Haze, like un-paralyzing a Chansey so you can try to freeze it later. Does have the downside of allowing your opponent to undo your progress if they play around it well, though

Miscellaneous & Questions:
- I would definitely need help from a council to run this, since I'd want the mod to be competitive but Gen 1 is probably the OU I have the least knowledge about
- Is adding every single Dark/Steel/Fairy-type excessive? Would it be better to just add a fixed amount instead?
- Would it be better to do this in Gen 5, since Gen 1 and every other gen before Gen 6 has/might soon have a mod already?
:swsh/clefable:
Pet Mod Name: [Gen 8] KantoPunk (like Steampunk, but Gen 1)
Pet Mod Concept: Gen 1's type chart is virtually unrecognizable compared to modern gens. No Dark, Steel, or Fairy-types, Psychic was immune to Ghost, Fire didn't resist Ice, and Poison and Bug were weak to each other. We should be thankful every day that things changed. But what if they never did?
Explanation: In this metagame, the type chart gets teleported back to how it was in Gen 1. Among other changes, this means that Dark, Steel, and Fairy cease to exist, requiring us to convert every Dark, Steel, and Fairy-type to new typings and changing the moves of these types to new typings. This would also require abilities that interact with these typings would have be changed, a la AbNormal.
Let's say that Weavile was slated in this example as well, your sub would look something like this:
:swsh/weavile:
Pokemon: Weavile
New Type:

Abilities: Pressure / Water Veil
Stats: 70/120/65/45/85/125
New Moves: Liquidation, Aqua Jet, Hex, Shadow Sneak, Will-O-Wisp, Leech Life
Removed Moves: N/A
Competitive Overview: Loses its amazing high-powered STAB moves, but becomes a lot sturdier thanks to a much better defensive typing that isn't Rocks weak.

As for moves, it would look something like this:
Move: Sucker Punch
Type:

Power: 70
PP: 5
Category:

Effect: +1 Priority. Fails if the opponent isn't using an attacking move this turn.
Other Changes (ex: Changes to Move Flags): N/A
Distribution: Old Distribution + :armaldo::ninjask::pinsir::heracross:
Justification: Having good counterplay to Psychic-types would be a great quality to keep on Sucker Punch, so making it Bug preserves that. Makes decent flavor sense since bugs can weave in and out while attacking and are great at catching people off guard.
Other mechanics introduced in later generations, like the Physical/Special split, items, abilities, Special Defense, and any buffs/nerfs to moves that existed in Gen 1 would all still exist.
Miscellaneous & Questions:
- Would you rather see this being based on Gen 8 OU or NatDex OU? Note that doing the former cuts down the amount of Pokemon and moves that have to be changed
- Is using the Gen 1 type chart a deal breaker?
- Is this too similar to AbNormal?

Movemons and Monmoves

A micrometa where we turn moves into pokemon and pokemon into moves

Turning moves into pokemon will be fairly simple. Their base stats and abilities will be decided by the submitter and typing will be the type of the move + the type that most commonly learns that move (if both are the same, submitters have the option to make the Movemon monotyped or to use the second-most common type that learns the move as the secondary typing). Movepools will consist of every pokemon-turned-move that learns that move.

Turning pokemon into moves will be much more flavor-based, done by attempting to take the defining features of a pokemon and cramming them into a move. For example, "Toxapex" could be a Poison-type status move that burns the target, heals the user for 1/3 of its max HP, and switches the user out.

The mod will be structured as follows: First, participants sign up. Once participants have signed up, all participants will be given several Pokemon to turn into moves. This will continue until every fully-evolved or non-evolving Pokemon has been turned into a move. Once this is complete, participants can submit movemons in more typical slates.

beaf you arent allowed to steal this but i may accept you on council

Last edited:
:tr43: Movemons and Monmoves :tr43:
Movemons and Monmoves
get sniped lmaoooo

Mm&Mm (abbreviation pending) has a fairly simple concept but a ridiculously difficult execution (council will have to be on their toes for this one). Essentially, this will be a micrometa in which Pokemon are turned into moves and moves are turned into Pokemon.

Turning moves into Pokemon is pretty simple. A Movemon's base stats will be the average of every fully-evolved Pokemon that learns that move, and its typing will be the type of the move + the type that most commonly learns that move (if both are the same, submitters have the option to make the Movemon monotyped or to use the second-most common type that learns the move as the secondary typing). Movepools will be an aggregate of every move learned by Pokemon that learn the move the Movemon is based off of, with the submitter having the option to remove up to 3 moves. Monmoves learned by the Movemon will simply be the ones that are based on Pokemon that learn the base move.

Turning Pokemon into moves is a much more flavor-based process. Monmoves will attempt to take the very essence of their namesake Pokemon, and put it into a move form. For example, "Landorus-Therian" could be a weak Ground-type move that lowers the opposing Pokemon's Attack one stage and switches out the user.

The slates would alternate between Movemon slates and Monmove slates, with council deciding whether submissions would be open or restriction-based (e.g. create a Movemon whose primary typing is Bug). While flavor is great for Monmove slates, and emphasis will be placed on balance as it'd be nice to create an actually playable meta out of this.

yes i stole this from neon and fleshed it out more. no i am not sorry. lmk if this is an improvement on the original or if we could maybe combine aspects of both (i don't necessarily want to be the one running this anyway, though i'd gladly be on council)

rarre

Sometimes I think maybe its too late
is a Tiering Contributor
National Dex Little Cup
A Nat Dex based pet mod that functions like Little Cup ie. Every pokémon is level 5, only mons that can evolve and haven’t yet, etc. Essentially, it’s SS LC with the full Pokédex. This pet mod isn’t adding any new pokémon or moves, nor is it deleting anything. It’s simply adding national dex elements, such as dexited mons and z-moves.

Pokémon:
:aipom: Aipom
:corsola-galar: Corsola-Galar
:cutiefly: Cutiefly
:drifloon: Drifloon
:gligar: Gligar
:gothita: Gothita
:meditite: Meditite
:misdreavus: Misdreavus
:murkrow: Murkrow
:rufflet: Rufflet
:scraggy: Scraggy
:scyther: Scyther
:sneasel: Sneasel
:swirlix: Swirlix
:tangela: Tangela
:vulpix-alola: Vulpix-Alola
:yanma: Yanma
:zigzagoon: Zigzagoon

Abilities:
Chlorophyll
Moody

Items:
Eevium Z

Moves:
Conversion
Shellder Balance by Shandeur: https://pokepast.es/f93aacf1852b4c6f

Scarf Magnemite Offense by rarre: https://pokepast.es/f4138b75e002210d

Foongus Ponyta Bulky Offense by Shandeur : https://pokepast.es/498707ce4a44a366

Scarf Pawniard Offense by Wes: https://pokepast.es/4c3679e4daff995b

Scarf ~~Snify~~ Snivy Offense by Bluecliqse: https://pokepast.es/84d4163e56d09206

Z-parting shot litten by Bluecliqse: https://pokepast.es/68aa471a879e7b31
:pawniard: Wes8888
:Carvanha: Shandeur
:spheal: rarre
:magikarp: Magikarp_is_ AG
:dratini: Blueclipse
Other cool people:
:whimsicott: uhBella
:arcanine: Steel207
:chansey: Stall is Smart / Stall is Right
:zigzagoon: Charis_Akins
**VIABILITY RANKINGS**

S
nothing for now!

S-
:mienfoo: Mienfoo
:trapinch: Trapinch

A+
:abra: Abra
:gastly: Gastly
:grookey: Grookey
:koffing: Koffing
:pawniard: Pawniard
:porygon: Porygon
:vullaby: Vullaby

A
:carvanha: Carvanha
:diglett: Diglett
:ferroseed: Ferroseed
:mareanie: Mareanie
:natu: Natu
:ponyta: Ponyta
:snivy: Snivy
:staryu: Staryu

A-
:dewpider: Dewpider
:doduo: Doduo
:foongus: Foongus
:grimer-alola: Grimer-alola
:larvesta: Larvesta
:magnemite: Magnemite
:tyrunt: Tyrunt

B+
:dwebble: Dwebble
:frillish: Frillish
:mudbray: Mudbray
:onix: Onix
:snubbull: Snubbull
:taillow: Taillow
:timburr: Timburr
:wingull: Wingull

B
:archen: Archen
:charmander: Charmander
:houndour: Houndour
:magby: Magby
:ponyta-galar: Ponyta-Galar
:spritzee: Spritzee
:vulpix: Vulpix

B-
:chinchou: Chinchou
:cranidos: Cranidos
:croagunk: Croagunk
:elekid: Elekid
:munchlax: Munchlax
:shellder: Shellder
:slowpoke: Slowpoke
:surskit: Surskit

C
:corphish: Corphish
:drilbur: Drilbur
:farfetch’d-galar: Farfetch’d-Galar
:Hippopotas: Hippopotas
:krabby: Krabby
:omanyte: Omanyte
:sandshrew: Sandshrew
:sandshrew-alola: Sandshrew-Alola
:shellos: Shellos
:snover: Snover
:stunky: Stunky
:wynaut: Wynaut

We have a discord server!
^Invitation link^

Last edited:
National Dex Little Cup
A Nat Dex based pet mod that functions like little cup ie. Every pokémon is level 5, only mons that can evolve and haven’t yet, etc. Essentially, it’s ss lc with the full Pokédex. This pet mod isn’t adding any new pokémon or moves, nor is it deleting anything. It’s simply adding national dex elements, such as dexited mons and z-moves.

Other samples: https://www.smogon.com/roa/?format=gen7lc
Wes8888 (tier leader)
Shandeur (tier leader)
rarre
Magikarp_is_ AG

^Invitation link^
This is more of a Solomod, given that the community can't contribute per se. However, I personally like the idea a lot!

Bella

Not a furry
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
National Dex Little Cup
A Nat Dex based pet mod that functions like Little Cup ie. Every pokémon is level 5, only mons that can evolve and haven’t yet, etc. Essentially, it’s SS LC with the full Pokédex. This pet mod isn’t adding any new pokémon or moves, nor is it deleting anything. It’s simply adding national dex elements, such as dexited mons and z-moves.

Pokémon:
Aipom
Corsola-Galar
Cutiefly
Drifloon
Gligar
Gothia
Meditite
Misdreavus
Murkrow
Rufflet
Scraggy
Scyther
Sneasel
Swirlix
Tangela
Vulpix-Alola
Yanma
Zigzagoon

Abilities:
Chlorophyll
Moody

Items:
Eevium Z

Other samples: https://www.smogon.com/roa/?format=gen7lc
Wes8888 (tier leader)
Shandeur (tier leader)
rarre
Magikarp_is_ AG

^Invitation link^
Can vouch for this as an active member of this community, this tier is epic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)