Resource Pet Mods Workshop Thread

Beartic Phone
Premise: Similar to Blindsided, in which people don't know what will be added into the meta, with a twist. Instead of one person working on a fakemon, a group of 5 people unknowingly work together to create a fakemon.

Steps:
Each submitter will create a Pokédex/Flavor entry for a fakemon. However, they will try to incorporate very little competitive input in said entry, it will almost be pure flavor in order to give the others a bit more freedom over the creation.
2. Afterwards, a different participant will be given the entry, and they will come up with a name for the mon, very simple.
3. Another person then comes in and decides the abilites that the Pokémon will have, up to a max of 1 custom ability.
4. A different person now comes in and decided the stats (and weight) of the mon depending on all the previous info.
5. Last but not least, the movepool. Another person comes in decides what moves to give it, and may give it 1 custom move if they wish.

Congratulation, you have created a fakemon. Any person who participated can make artwork for it, but priority will be given to the person who made the flavor.

Slates:
There will be 10 (or 15 if we get enough interest) spots (10 mons) per slate. People can sign up and be redirected to a Discord server.
2. Slates will last roughly 2-3 weeks, due to all the work and cooperation needed for this.
3. There will be a total of 3 slates, so the metagame in the end will have between 30 and 45 mons.

Notes:
I know I have already mentioned something similar in the Discord, and you may be wondering why its a bit different. In Gartic Phone, people are only allowed to view the previous prompts instead of all of them. I decided not to do that because I wanted the metagame to actually be playable. If people blindly add stuff to a mon, it will most likely turn out bad and useless. Being able to see everything before allows for people to actually make a usable mon.

Thoughts???

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Beartic Phone
Premise: Similar to Blindsided, in which people don't know what will be added into the meta, with a twist. Instead of one person working on a fakemon, a group of 5 people unknowingly work together to create a fakemon.

Steps:
Each submitter will create a Pokédex/Flavor entry for a fakemon. However, they will try to incorporate very little competitive input in said entry, it will almost be pure flavor in order to give the others a bit more freedom over the creation.
2. Afterwards, a different participant will be given the entry, and they will come up with a name for the mon, very simple.
3. Another person then comes in and decides the abilites that the Pokémon will have, up to a max of 1 custom ability.
4. A different person now comes in and decided the stats (and weight) of the mon depending on all the previous info.
5. Last but not least, the movepool. Another person comes in decides what moves to give it, and may give it 1 custom move if they wish.

Congratulation, you have created a fakemon. Any person who participated can make artwork for it, but priority will be given to the person who made the flavor.

Slates:
There will be 10 (or 15 if we get enough interest) spots (10 mons) per slate. People can sign up and be redirected to a Discord server.
2. Slates will last roughly 2-3 weeks, due to all the work and cooperation needed for this.
3. There will be a total of 3 slates, so the metagame in the end will have between 30 and 45 mons.

Notes:
I know I have already mentioned something similar in the Discord, and you may be wondering why its a bit different. In Gartic Phone, people are only allowed to view the previous prompts instead of all of them. I decided not to do that because I wanted the metagame to actually be playable. If people blindly add stuff to a mon, it will most likely turn out bad and useless. Being able to see everything before allows for people to actually make a usable mon.

Thoughts???
This is an idea I think could be really sick, but neglects to mention one thing that could completely change everything - the typing. Where does that come about in the process? If I were you, I'd put it either before or alongside the movepool, but both of those have their own problems. The former would make it pretty easy to potentially mismatch a Pokemon's movepool to the role it would be best suited for, and the latter would give too much control of the Pokemon to one person. I honestly think the first solution is the easier to work with of the two but don't know if you want Pokemon to have the chance of being so awkward. I don't think it'd be the end of the world either really. Also I don't know where to put this but having a Pokedex slate feels kind of pointless with the name being good enough of flavor.

For another approach to a Picturephone Pet Mod, maybe you could also take a balanced meta, give each person a Pokemon, then have them describe it, then having the next person build something based on the description? You'd need to limit just how thoroughly people can describe it, like they can't mention stat spread, moves etc as opposed to just general role. Maybe it'd go something like...

Starts with Dracovish
Next person says "Breaker that just clicks one button lmao"
Next person builds a slow, Ghost/Bug-type with Poltergeist as its main form of offense
Next person says "Strong breaker that's a soft check to Great Tusk"
Next person builds a moderately bulky Grass-type with SD and Poison Heal
Next person could misinterpret its role and say "An Electric resist that's resistant to status"
Last person builds a fat Electric/Poison pivot

How many rounds of this you'd want to do would depend on how many people are interested. This runs the risk of people building too similar of Pokemon, but it could be worth organizing small test rounds of your / my approach if you really want to see what works and what doesn't. Food for thought either way.

Starts with Dracovish
Next person says "Breaker that just clicks one button lmao"
Next person builds a slow, Ghost/Bug-type with Poltergeist as its main form of offense
Next person says "Strong breaker that's a soft check to Great Tusk"
Next person builds a moderately bulky Grass-type with SD and Poison Heal
Next person could misinterpret its role and say "An Electric resist that's resistant to status"
Last person builds a fat Electric/Poison pivot
i actually really like this take on it. i feel like 5 iterations is the max it should feasibly go (so it would stop on the bulky grass). any more than that and interest probably won't be high enough, any less and it won't be telephone-y enough

Yoshiblaze

ye
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
:sm/vaporeon:VaporeMons:sm/vaporeon:
Pet Mod Name: VaporeMons
Pet Mod Concept: The third iteration of SylveMons comes to Gen 9 with VaporeMons! Like SylveMons and JolteMons before it, VaporeMons seeks to shake up the metagame by adding and changing moves, items, and abilities, as well as making non-stat Adjustments to Pokemon. In this case, the metagame in question will be Gen 9 OU after the upcoming Pokemon Home update.
Explanation: If you're familiar with JolteMons, then you already know basically how VaporeMons will work. If not, I've included a full explanation of the rules below:
Rules
Submission Phase (5 days)
-
During the submission phase, you can submit 4 new or changed moves, items, and abilities as well as 4 non-stat adjustments to Pokémon. Templates are provided below. There are very few restrictions for what you can do with moves, items, and abilities, but please keep your submissions balanced and codeable because the council reserves the right to veto any submission deemed uncompetitive, broken, or unfeasible. For Pokémon Adjustments, you can change the Pokémon's typing, abilities, and add or removes moves. You cannot create new moves or abilities for the Pokémon, you must submit those as part of your moves or ability submissions. Multiple moves / items / abilities can be subbed in one slot if they are clones of each other and multiple Pokémon can be adjusted in one slot if they are direct counterparts of each other.

Voting Phase (1 day) -
During the voting phase, you may vote for up to 6 submissions in each category. You are allowed 2 self-votes. The top voted submissions will win and be added to the metagame, with at least 2 winners in each category.

Discussion (1 day) -
The discussion phase of each slate gives us a quick period of rest to get the newest slate coded, discuss what we got in the newest slate, and potentially do a little playtesting before the next slate. Unlike in JolteMons, distribution discussion is no formally longer part of the discussion phase, with distribution now being decided by council.

VaporeMons will last for 10 slates
For those already familiar with JolteMons, there have been a few changes from how it worked last gen:
- There is no longer a formal Distribution Slate (with the 1 day break in between slates being just a Discussion Phase), with the Distribution of new Moves and Abilities being handled by council. You can still make suggestions for Distribution even if you're not on council, however.
- One playtesting roomtour will take place after every even numbered slate, allowing us to check in on the state of the metagame and make any balance changes if needed
- Unlike JolteMons, VaporeMons will be based on a Regional Dex metagame instead of National Dex. This means that dexited Pokemon can't be submitted for adjustments. Dexited moves and abilities that aren't on any Pokemon in the Dex are fair game, however (since that's no different from submitting a new move or ability).
Miscellaneous:
- Once accepted, VaporeMons will aim to start about 2 weeks after Post-Home OU begins, giving time to get the initial OU quickbans out of the way. After that, VaporeMons' tiering will be independent from OU's, though council may agree with bans that happen after the mod starts and implement them anyway
- 99% chance that Terastalization is banned, as it very likely will get restricted or banned over the course of Post-Home OU, but likely not before VaporeMons begins.

Council:
Yoshiblaze
AquaticPanic
zxgzxg
earl
Paulluxx
G-Luke

Pet Mod Name: Split Revolution
Concept: Micro metagame where every Pokemon is part of a split evolution line. More Pokemon can be added to the meta by creating a split evolution Fakemon.
Explanation: To begin, only Pokemon from branching evolutionary lines can be used:
:vileplume:Vileplume,:bellossom:Bellossom,:poliwrath:Poliwrath,:politoed:Politoed,:slowbro:Slowbro,:slowbro-galar:Slowbro-Galar,:slowking:Slowking,:slowking-galar:Slowking-Galar,
:hitmonlee:Hitmonlee,:hitmonchan:Hitmonchan,:hitmontop:Hitmontop,:vaporeon:Vaporeon,:jolteon:Jolteon,:flareon:Flareon,:espeon:Espeon,:umbreon:Umbreon,:leafeon:Leafeon,
:glaceon:Glaceon,:sylveon:Sylveon,:scizor:Scizor,:kleavor:Kleavor,:beautifly:Beautifly,:dustox:Dustox,:gardevoir:Gardevoir,:gallade:Gallade,:ninjask:Ninjask,:shedinja:Shedinja,
:glalie:Glalie,:froslass:Froslass,:huntail:Huntail,:gorebyss:Gorebyss,:wormadam:Wormadam,:mothim:Mothim,:flapple:Flapple,:appletun:Appletun,:armarouge:Armarouge,
:ceruledge:Ceruledge
The first Slate will be longer and more loose-end than most, focusing on balancing/reworking mons and establishing a power level - let's be real, there are some real stinkers in the above list.
In each following Slate, however, any Pokemon can be proposed to join this roster, along with any buffs/nerfs - however they must be paired with a Fakemon based on the prior evolution stage. At the end of voting, 3-5 of these ideas with their original counterparts are added in.
Every 5-7 slates, there will also be a rebalancing period where the metagame is tested, and mons tweaked

Slate Submission/Voting Outline
Slate 1: Balancing slate for initial split evos
Slate 2: First Fakemon slate
Slate 3: Second Fakemon slate
Slate 4: Special slate: split evos for an underrepresented type(s)
Slate 5+: TBD
Base Submission Rules:
  • Only one Fakemon per submission. You may, however, propose a split evo for a Pokemon that is already implemented.
  • No split evos for Legendaries or Single Stage Mons. First is self-explanatory, but second stage is because you'll need two Fakemon to have count as a real split evolution line, which is against the above rule.
  • No Eeveelutions and Hitmons, they will likely have their own reserved slate.
  • Limit 2-3 submissions per person each slate, excluding balancing slates
Submission Tips:
  • Try to keep at least one type the same, whether that be a change for an existing mon, or a fakemon sub in relation to the official counterpart(s).
  • Custom moves and abilities are allowed, but don't overload your subs with them or make them too gimmicky/hard to program.
    • If you do add custom moves/abilities, Make sure to explain what they do in the sub!
  • Keep Fakemon BSTs around the same range as the official counterparts, somewhere around +-20. There's no hard restriction on this however - your subs can be higher or lower if its other attributes account for it.
Pokemon: - Pokemon name.
Type: - Type 1 / Type 2 (if any)
Base Stats: - Include stats (HP/Atk/Def/SpAtk/SpDef/Spe), base stat total, and difference from current stats.
Abilities: - Ability 1, Ability 2, Hidden Ability. Bold abilities you changed. If it is a custom ability, briefly explain what it does.
Move Changes: - Specify if moves are being added / removed. Like custom abilities, write a brief explanation of a signature move, if given.
Role: - Explain/justify your proposed change(s): explain what it does a/o why it is deserved.
(any fields you aren't changing can be removed)

Pokemon: Gorebyss
Type: Water/Fairy
Base Stats: 55/100/95/100/90/70/ 510 (0/+16/-10/-14/+15/+23/ +25)
Abilities: Swift Swim, Siphon
Siphon - All attacks this Pokemon does restores health equal to 1/4 of the damage dealt.​
Move Changes: +Calm Mind, +Dazzling Gleam, +Gunk Shot, +Aerial Ace, +Zen Headbutt
Role: With more balanced stats and better Speed, Gorebyss is now a jack-of-all-trades setup sweeper. There's no way to know what set it's running until Coil, Calm Mind, or Shell Smash are clicked. The new ability Siphon is mostly cosmetic, but because of Gorebyss's low HP stat could be genuinely useful on a Shell Smash set to recover from any hits.
Pokemon: - Pokemon name.
Counterpart of: - Pokemon line it is based on.
Type: - Self explanatory.
Base Stats: - Each individual stat, and base stat total.
Abilities: - Self explanatory.
Notable Moves: - Available moves you are likely to see on a competitive set.
Role: General role of the mon and what it can do.
Flavor: Completely optional - give a description of the mon's appearance and how it could evolve from the base form.

Pokemon: Judobel
Counterpart of: Victreebel
Type: Grass/Fighting
Base Stats: 60/110/65/60/73/112/ 480
Abilities: Moxie, Rattled, Poison Heal
Notable Moves: Power Whip, Axe Kick, Poison Jab, Sleep Powder, Swords Dance, Power-Up Punch, Leech Life, Brick Break, Pounce, Solar Blade
Role: Fast physical sweeper; similar to Breloom but with less sleep shenanigans.
Flavor: Appearance is very similar to this beta Bellsprout evolution. Would evolve by having Bellsprout use Vine Whip a lot. Like, 100-200 times, an ungodly amount of times.
Miscellaneous:
Tera will begin banned... though there may eventually be a test once the pet mod gets going to see how it impacts the meta.​
The Council:
:karrablast: Beebos​
(literally just me at the moment lol. If you have a lot of competitive knowledge and/or are interested in helping me out, PM me on Discord)​

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Pet Mod Name: Trilogy Concepts
Pet Mod Concept: Every slate will have 1-3 concepts and each concept will have 3 fakemons.

How will this work?
Every person can message me with a concept. They don't have to participate for the mod, they can just text me. The only rule here is that every person has 1 concept they can submit, although they can be changed.

Now, among that list, I will choose 3 random concepts (it will be 3 at the start but we will move to 2 or 1 concept/s as the mod progresses). Every user can submit 1 fakemon per concept, however 3 fakemons will win for one concept. The fakemons can fulfil any role but they have to fit on the concept.

Since my wording sucks ass, here's an example:
10 people texted me their concepts, these are:
Person A - Trapper (Ranging from abilities or items)
Person B - Nightmare User (Viably sleeps and nightmares the opponent)
Person C - Opportunity Cost (Using one of the fakemons makes you unable to use the other two)
Person D - Tauntless & Set-Upless Stallbreaker (good match-ups against passive teams with bad or no set-up and without taunt)
Person E - Terrain Setter & Terrain Abuser (any terrain)
Person F - Viable High BST, Bad Ability (Slaking or Regigigas but good)
Person G - Lesser Used Item User (A Pokemon using an item that doesn't see much use reliably and often)
Person H - Mixed Attacker thanks to a move (Either a physical attacker that likes to run a certain special move and vice versa)
Person I - Signature Move with certain drawback (see Gigaton Hammer or Glaive Rush)
Person J - Low BP move user w/o Technician (A Pokemon that likes to use low BP moves without having Technician)

I randomly picked the concepts of Person C, E and G.

For Concept C, we can do stuff like Megas or alternate formes of the same Pokemon but something like Restricted Legendaries from VGC can also be submitted.

Concept E should allow the Pokemon to set terrain by itself and abuse in any way, by taking less damage from Dragon moves in Misty Terrain or Grassy Terrain providing more recovery.

Concept G should aim to create a Pokemon that can for example abuse Assault Vest via giving it good utility moves or Regenerator or a Pokemon with a lot of good punching moves can utilise Punching Glvoes.

The other Concepts are still on the list and will be considered for later slates. If some users haven't submitted a concept, they can submit one during a slate and it will be considered for the next slate. If someone wants to change their concept, they are free to change it. Once someone's concept has been used, they are unable to submit a concept for the next round and therefore can submit a concept for the slate following that.

Submitters can group up to a team of 3 to submit a full trio for a concept, thus making more consistant Fakemons for a concept. Although this isn't a rule.

Miscellaneous: Council is so far le moi and I will code this bad boy.

Name: Get Hacked!
Concept: Winners of Slates will be “hacked” by a random person involved in the mod
Explaination: A Pokémon in the SV OU Tier gets picked, any random one, and the Slate will be about checking & countering that Mon, the winner will be chosen and the process will repeat. You can submit an existing Mon or a fakemon. (More fun with fakemons am i right) simple enough? Well, a random person that is involved with the mod will get to “hack” the winner, changing one detail about the Mon (ability, one type, important move, etc.). The next Slate, the Hacked version will be the target and this process will repeat!

[Gen 7] Totemons
Concept: A Gen 7 based mod that makes Totem Pokémon legal in a metagame.
Explaination: Slate 0 will define what being a Totem Pokémon looks like in battle, and the rest of the slates will be choosing Pokémon to have Totem forms (existing or not) and adding them to the SM OU metagame.

Perfect Pet Mod

Concept: Like Perfect Galar, this mod will focus on making Fakemon equally viable in a metagame.
Explaination: There will be multiple versions of this Pet Mod. Each Version there will be a Slate dedicated to Physical Sweeper, Special Sweeper, Physical Wall, Special Wall, Offensive Pivot, and Defensive Pivot. Then there will be 2 slates dedicated to “specialized” archetypes i.e. utility, cleric, immunity ability user. Finally, the last Slate will be 2 “free sub” slots, where participants can submit whatever they want. At the end of each Version, there will be playtesting and Balance Slates to make each Pokémon viable.

Name: Get Hacked!
Concept: Winners of Slates will be “hacked” by a random person involved in the mod
Explaination: A Pokémon in the SV OU Tier gets picked, any random one, and the Slate will be about checking & countering that Mon, the winner will be chosen and the process will repeat. You can submit an existing Mon or a fakemon. (More fun with fakemons am i right) simple enough? Well, a random person that is involved with the mod will get to “hack” the winner, changing one detail about the Mon (ability, one type, important move, etc.). The next Slate, the Hacked version will be the target and this process will repeat!
This one seems a bit too similar in concept to another mod that got approved not too long ago, Mad Chemists.

I still need to build up more Pet Mod posts before I could even think about submitting this, but I've been thinking on this for a good while now and wanted to toss it into the workshop for feedback and general interest in the idea.

:celebi:Eramons:dialga:

This is a (WIP) Pet Mod focused around the creation of a micrometa where mons are sorted into different "eras" based on broad strokes of real-life historical time periods, as well as speculative fiction about the future. Akin to a Monotype meta, every Pokemon on your team must be from the same era. However, we plan to populate each era with a healthy amount of diverse options from the NatDex, as well as the star attractions of this pet mod, Eramons!

What are Eramons?
Eramons are similar in nature to regional forms or convergent Pokemon from the newest games. They are Pokemon that are significantly different to how we know them now, shaped by the period of time they came from. In design, they're a halfway point between a regional form and a convergent mon. They will have different yet similar names from the Pokemon they were based off of and may have an entirely different type, but they will not need to be a different species from the original and may keep one of its original types. Created by the community, there will be at least 3 new Eramons for each era to help diversify teambuilding options.

List of Eras
Below are a list of eras currently planned for the mod. Note that these are subject to change and not set in stone until the project gets underway. Furthermore, additional eras may be added as time goes on once the meta starts.
  • Prehistoric :tyrantrum::mamoswine::armaldo:
  • Early Civilization :cofagrigus::sigilyph::stonjourner:
  • Medieval :aegislash::dragonite::hatterene:
  • Age of Piracy :crawdaunt::malamar::dhelmise:
  • Wild West :rapidash::tauros::sandaconda:
  • Present Day :meltan::porygon2::magneton:
  • Far Future :clefable::celesteela::porygon-z:
  • Apocalypse :garbodor::dragapult::guzzlord:
Current Submission Plans
The current plan for slates is as follows.

We'll start by taking two eras that don't yet have any mons - so for the sake of example, Medieval and Wild West - and focus the slate on them. The first phase of the slate will focus on Returning Mons. After submitting up to 12 existing Pokemon into one of the two eras of the slate, 12 will be voted into each era for a total of 24 mons. These Pokemon will be based on their most recent appearance in a main series game (SV>SwSh>BDSP>USUM), with moves and abilities that no longer exist in SV removed. However, submitted Pokemon can be modified to better fit into the meta, with (TBD) points to be distributed among its stats, one of its abilities can be replaced, and one move can be added to its kit for every move removed from its kit that is not labeled as Usually useless or lower by Showdown. Dexit'd moves and abilities can be re-added this way.

After that, the second phase of the slate focuses on New Eramons. Users submit up to 3 Eramons for a Pokemon that does not currently exist in their era of choice, with the top 3 voted on being added to each era, making for 6 new additions. Eramons let you change a Pokemon much more drastically, allowing for changes to its type, redistribution of stats (although it must keep its BST), swapping out of all its abilities, as well as changing out its movepool to better fit the new form. Custom elements are also allowed, with 1 new ability or 1 new move to be added.

This slate structure will continue until every era has at least 12 mons and 3 Eramons. Once that happens, the Returning Mons phase will instead vote in 1 mon for each era, while the New Eramons slate will allow 3 mons to be voted into any era, although more popular eras will be excluded to give less popular eras more love as slates progress. As the meta progresses, more Eras may be added if the playerbase desires or the council decides a need for more.

Misc/Uncertain Details
  • At the moment, we plan for all generational gimmicks to be banned, so no Megas/Primals, Z-Moves, Dyna/Gigantamax, or Terastalizing. Custom Megas might be added once the meta is thoroughly developed.
  • Alongside the Era Clause that dictates every team must have Pokemon/Eramon all from the same era, we may or may not include an Eramon Clause that forces players to have at least one Eramon on their team to prevent the crown attraction of the Pet Mod from getting snubbed. Alternatively, a clause that forces players to use an Eramon, but only one, no more.

Council
:iron-bundle: IceLevelIncarnate (Leader/Coder)
its just me rn :psynervous:

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
I still need to build up more Pet Mod posts before I could even think about submitting this, but I've been thinking on this for a good while now and wanted to toss it into the workshop for feedback and general interest in the idea.

:celebi:Eramons:dialga:

This is a (WIP) Pet Mod focused around the creation of a micrometa where mons are sorted into different "eras" based on broad strokes of real-life historical time periods, as well as speculative fiction about the future. Akin to a Monotype meta, every Pokemon on your team must be from the same era. However, we plan to populate each era with a healthy amount of diverse options from the NatDex, as well as the star attractions of this pet mod, Eramons!

What are Eramons?
Eramons are similar in nature to regional forms or convergent Pokemon from the newest games. They are Pokemon that are significantly different to how we know them now, shaped by the period of time they came from. In design, they're a halfway point between a regional form and a convergent mon. They will have different yet similar names from the Pokemon they were based off of and may have an entirely different type, but they will not need to be a different species from the original and may keep one of its original types. Created by the community, there will be at least 3 new Eramons for each era to help diversify teambuilding options.

List of Eras
Below are a list of eras currently planned for the mod. Note that these are subject to change and not set in stone until the project gets underway. Furthermore, additional eras may be added as time goes on once the meta starts.
  • Prehistoric :tyrantrum::mamoswine::armaldo:
  • Early Civilization :cofagrigus::sigilyph::stonjourner:
  • Medieval :aegislash::dragonite::hatterene:
  • Age of Piracy :crawdaunt::malamar::dhelmise:
  • Wild West :rapidash::tauros::sandaconda:
  • Present Day :meltan::porygon2::magneton:
  • Far Future :clefable::celesteela::porygon-z:
  • Apocalypse :garbodor::dragapult::guzzlord:
Current Submission Plans
The current plan for slates is as follows.

We'll start by taking two eras that don't yet have any mons - so for the sake of example, Medieval and Wild West - and focus the slate on them. The first phase of the slate will focus on Returning Mons. After submitting up to 12 existing Pokemon into one of the two eras of the slate, 12 will be voted into each era for a total of 24 mons. These Pokemon will be based on their most recent appearance in a main series game (SV>SwSh>BDSP>USUM), with moves and abilities that no longer exist in SV removed. However, submitted Pokemon can be modified to better fit into the meta, with (TBD) points to be distributed among its stats, one of its abilities can be replaced, and one move can be added to its kit for every move removed from its kit that is not labeled as Usually useless or lower by Showdown. Dexit'd moves and abilities can be re-added this way.

After that, the second phase of the slate focuses on New Eramons. Users submit up to 3 Eramons for a Pokemon that does not currently exist in their era of choice, with the top 3 voted on being added to each era, making for 6 new additions. Eramons let you change a Pokemon much more drastically, allowing for changes to its type, redistribution of stats (although it must keep its BST), swapping out of all its abilities, as well as changing out its movepool to better fit the new form. Custom elements are also allowed, with 1 new ability or 1 new move to be added.

This slate structure will continue until every era has at least 12 mons and 3 Eramons. Once that happens, the Returning Mons phase will instead vote in 1 mon for each era, while the New Eramons slate will allow 3 mons to be voted into any era, although more popular eras will be excluded to give less popular eras more love as slates progress. As the meta progresses, more Eras may be added if the playerbase desires or the council decides a need for more.

Misc/Uncertain Details
  • At the moment, we plan for all generational gimmicks to be banned, so no Megas/Primals, Z-Moves, Dyna/Gigantamax, or Terastalizing. Custom Megas might be added once the meta is thoroughly developed.
  • Alongside the Era Clause that dictates every team must have Pokemon/Eramon all from the same era, we may or may not include an Eramon Clause that forces players to have at least one Eramon on their team to prevent the crown attraction of the Pet Mod from getting snubbed. Alternatively, a clause that forces players to use an Eramon, but only one, no more.

Council
its just me rn :psynervous:
not 100% sold on the whole era gimmick or the time period themes in particular but the idea of a micrometa consisting of multiple exclusive archetypes ala cardfight vanguard (or ig monotype/monogen for more pokemony examples) sounds like an awesome idea. Its something that has very rarely been done at all and that sounds pretty fun to explore.

not 100% sold on the whole era gimmick or the time period themes in particular but the idea of a micrometa consisting of multiple exclusive archetypes ala cardfight vanguard (or ig monotype/monogen for more pokemony examples) sounds like an awesome idea. Its something that has very rarely been done at all and that sounds pretty fun to explore.
The time period theming is mostly for flavor, they're broad but specific enough themes to develop each era/archetype around imo. It was partly inspired by the advent of Paradox Pokemon and I wanted to expand on that, but if there's a stronger theming this could take cues from, I'm open to alternatives.

AAAA (ADD ALMOST ANY ABILITY)

Mod Concept: In free-style slates (Like in FE or Joltemons), new abilities will be added to the AAA metagame.
Mod Explanation: There are not many OM-based Pet Mods, so that’s why I’m going to sub this mod. The abilities added in AAAA will be distributed to every Pokémon, so the power level will be much smaller than others. AAAA will maybe have 10-15 new abilities added at the end of the mod. Each Slate, only 1 ability will win, so abilities can be resubbed. But only one ability can be subbed per person per slate

Council:
:snivy: SKIPPERGAMEZ​

:wishiwashi: [Gen 7] Totem Trials :wishiwashi-school:
In this mod, we buff lower tier Pokémon to OU, but on a single condition: They summon another Pokémon to the field to assist them. What this means is that in this mod, PU rank mons and below will get a special “Totem” form that allows them to summon another PU and lower ranked mon when battling (ala when a wild pokemon calls for help in Sun and Moon), having both Pokemon fight against the opponent who is fighting by itself.

For Example: Totem :Wigglytuff: fights against a :Bisharp:. On switch, it summons a :Jigglypuff: to aid it in battle. Now, while the opponent is playing with just a Bisharp you are playing with a :Wigglytuff: and a :Jigglypuff: as if it was a doubles format.

Mechanics:
  • The Totem mon is a special form of the lower tier Pokémon that has been submitted to the mod. There will be themed slates based on actual Totem Pokémon from USUM and SM, but also free-for-all slates for any other mons.
  • Said Totem form needs to wear a special item to summon a Pokémon on switch in. This item is unremovable.
  • Upon switch-in, the Totem Pokémon summons a Pokémon at full health.
  • When a Totem Pokémon faints or leaves the field, the summoned mon faints.
  • The summoned mon can be targeted by attacks, as well as attack the opponent and allies.
  • Summoned Pokémon cannot switch out and are inmune to phazing moves (like an in built suction cups).
  • The movepool of the summoned mon is predetermined and specified in the submission, having the same exact 4 moves, ability, Evs / Ivs, item and stats each time it is summoned. The Totem mon may have some moves added or removed to its special Totem Form, but not the normal version of the pokemon.
  • To prevent massive PP stalling, each summoned mon only has 5 pp (ala ditto).

Example Submission:
:sv/honchkrow:
Pokémon
: Honchkrow-Totem
Summon: Murkrow
:sv/murkrow:
Murkrow @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Speed
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Tailwind
- Thief
- Snarl
Description: Honchkrow-Totem gets support from his henchman murkrow to be a general annoyance. While the base form can attack or roost itself, the murkrow can support it by removing the item from the opponent or lowering its special attack with Snarl, as well as support the team with Tailwind.

Council:
:gumshoos: Gekokeso
:raticate-alola: Anyone who would be up to the task of coding this bullshit lol.

Last edited:

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
UberBoosting (NatDex)
Pet Mod Concept: This mod is about making Pokemon that aren't very good (PU, RU, ZU, NU, UU,some OU), into Pokemon that can rival some of the best Uber Pokemon.
Explanation: There will be a slate every 6 days with 3 Pokémon you can edit (5 days for subs and 1 day for voting). You must always edit a Pokémons stats (mainly buff, sometimes nerf depending on what the Pokémon is), and if you want to, change ability and movepools. Custom Abilities are allowed, but Custom Moves are not. The boosted Pokemon must have at least one type in common.
Example Submission:

Pokemon:
Wugtrio
Type: Water/Dark
Stats: 60/125/90/50/80/135
Abilities: Gooey/Technician (HA)
Movepool Changes: +Close Combat, +Drill Run
Description: Chien-Pao but better. This Pokémon is just better, with a better typing and movepool.

Miscellaneous: This will be run by a council by whoever wants to join.
Council:
LOrd Fernado

Questions:
Should there be more restrictions with Pokémon I chose?
Anything else to improve this Pet Mod would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Still got Eramons in the back, thinking I want to build more Showdown coding experience before launching that project, but I luckily thought of another that should be much easier to code.

:cinderace:
:meowscarada: Type Tyranny :greninja:
:kecleon:

Type Tyranny is (or will be, rather) a Gen 9 NatDex metagame that'll be primarily focused on adding a bunch of new types to the game. The often fan-requested Sound or Light types? Sure! Something a bit more off the wall like Time or Cosmic types? Why not? Something absolutely stupid like a Cheese type? If you can apply it to enough Pokemon and convince everyone else it's the meta game-changer that we need, go right ahead. The preexisting 18 types will be left virtually untouched, and will only see changes or shifts in viability through their interactions with the newly introduced types.

Every new type introduced would be given the same treatment as if that type had always existed. As such, new types will automatically receive a new Gem, Memory, and Z-Crystal item of their type. They will also receive a berry that halves supereffective damage from that type, with Fairy getting one retroactively since its the one type such a berry doesn't currently exist for. No new Max Moves will be introduced, due to Dynamax being banned in the NatDex format. Any Pokemon's Hidden Power Type and Tera Type can be set as a new type. Stuff like new moves, abilities, weathers/terrains, or type-specific held items can be added by a type's submitter using our Point System.

Submitters would receive (a currently undecided amount of) points when making a submission for a new type. Each slate would either have a specific type(s) or a theme that submitters must follow. Without spending points, you can:
  • Give your type neutralities/weaknesses/resistances
  • Create 3 new moves for your type (1 Physical, 1 Special, 1 Status, no signature moves)
  • Convert 3 existing moves into your type
  • Change 5 evolutionary lines to have your new type
Points would be required to:
  • Give your type immunities (x points per immunity)
  • Create more new moves for your type (x points per move, x per signature move)
  • Convert more moves into your type (x points per move)
  • Change more evolutionary lines to include your new type (x per line)
  • Change an evolutionary line to have your type AND buff the final stage by up to 100 BST (x points, once only)
  • Create abilities that interact with your type (x per ability)
  • Create new held items that interact with your type (x points)
  • Create a new non-volatile status OR entry hazard belonging to your type (x points, once only)
  • Create a new terrain OR weather belonging to your type (x points, once only, includes appropriate Weather-Extending Rock or Terrain Seed item)
Submitters have to properly balance their point budget to get the most out of their new type's debut. Granted, future adjustments can be made to a type and all that belongs to it if the playerbase deems it lacking and overpowered, but it will be out of the submitter's direct hands by then.

Questions
  • How do the benefits of the point system sound? Too much, too little, something major I'm forgetting? Keep in mind that the exact price values are a WIP.
  • Due to being a NatDex meta, Megas, Z-Moves and Tera are legal by default. Do any of these mechanics sound too overwhelming with the addition of more types than we already have?
  • Any other comments or constructive critiques are welcomed.
Council
its still just me :psynervous:

Set In Stone
Phase 1: Users submit 2 pokemon sets with the following format:

Ability:
Move 1:
Move 2:
Move 3:
Move 4:

For each set,
You are allowed to submit up to 2 slashes for a move or ability. (Edit: Oversight on my part, you can only have 1 slash per ability)
You are allowed up to 1 custom move or ability.

Every set will be approved barring extreme circumstances, and then randomly paired with a different set.

Phase 2: Users create fakemon with the given information in slate format.

Example: In Phase 1,

One person submits:
Ability: Intimidate
Move 1: Stealth Rock
Move 2: Earthquake
Move 3: U-Turn
Move 4: Toxic / Knock Off

While another person submits:
Move 1: Swords Dance
Move 2: Earthquake
Move 3: Stone Edge
Move 4: Substitute

These are combined to create a pokemon with the following traits
Viable Abilities: Intimidate
Viable Moves: Stealth Rock, Earthquake, U-Turn, Toxic, Knock Off, Swords Dance, Stone Edge, Substitute

In Phase 2, someone could submit something like

Name: Landorus-Therian
Type: Ground/Flying
Stats: 89/145/90/105/80/91 (BST: 600)
Viable Moves: Stealth Rock, Earthquake, U-Turn, Toxic, Knock Off, Swords Dance, Stone Edge, Substitute
Flavor Moves: ...

Questions:
  • Is there enough to distinguish this from other fakemon micrometas?
  • Is 2 slashes per set enough, or should there be more?

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Is 2 slashes per set enough, or should there be more?
I'm not sure I understood correctly, but if it's two slashes max per complete set (i.e. you need to choose wether you slash a move twice, two moves, one move or the abil etc…), that sounds like the perfect amount. However, if it's two slashes per move?? Not sure it's gonna be fun for the person tasked with fusing to handle 12 "viable" moves on one set.

Other than that tho that sounds really fun! I think I'd try to have a pool of 3 to 5 abilities you can chose from each slate for phase 1 so you don't end up having to fit both Water Bubble and like Teravolt on the same mon. …Actually, did you intend for this to have slates at all or would it be a one time thing with every playable mon being made slate 1? If you do intend on the latter, then I guess my concern about abilities is sorta inevitable.

I'm not sure I understood correctly, but if it's two slashes max per complete set (i.e. you need to choose wether you slash a move twice, two moves, one move or the abil etc…), that sounds like the perfect amount. However, if it's two slashes per move?? Not sure it's gonna be fun for the person tasked with fusing to handle 12 "viable" moves on one set.

Other than that tho that sounds really fun! I think I'd try to have a pool of 3 to 5 abilities you can chose from each slate for phase 1 so you don't end up having to fit both Water Bubble and like Teravolt on the same mon. …Actually, did you intend for this to have slates at all or would it be a one time thing with every playable mon being made slate 1? If you do intend on the latter, then I guess my concern about abilities is sorta inevitable.
For the slashes, the 2 slashes max per set is what intended.
For the slates, my plan is to have 1 slate for submitting the different sets [Phase 1], and then many slates for that tackle a few combinations at a time [Phase 2] (probably 3-4 combos per slate depending on how many total combos there are).

I probably explained it poorly in the original post so hopefully this helps!

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
Pet Mod Name: Rock Bottom

Pet Mod Concept: A submission-based micrometa using realmons that's aiming for a very low powerlevel.

Explanation: One of the most important things to make a weak metagame stand out is limiting the access to powerful moves. Strong tools like Knock Off and Close Combat should be used as selling points of a mon, not an extra toy on top. Overly optimized role compression should be avoided. Spammable/High BP Moves should also mostly be given to lower BST mons, but the opposite can apply. A higher BST pokemon such as Luxray can be balanced for the metagame due to its bad attacking options. A similar idea can be applied to abilities where pokemon like Clefairy can be made stronger through Magic Guard and pokemon like Calyrex are balanced by an ability such as Unnerve. To make sure this idea can be applied properly, Moves and Abilities can be added or removed. However, Types and Stats will not be allowed to be changed. Custom moves and abilities will also not be allowed as the goal is to stay fairly close to a vanilla metagame. Evolutions and pre-evolutions of pokemons in the meta will also not be allowed included in the format.

With the most important aspect out of the way, there are some more things I've considered but am looking for feedback on.

- Seeing as stats will stay the same and some NFEs can match the weaker fully evolved mons, would it be worth considering banning Eviolite? Would a broad ban or a selective one be better?

- I think it might be valuable to introduce a certain amount of mons to the metagame, not only to show off the most important part of the premise of the mod more clearly before the first submissions, but also to have a playable meta early. Is this a good idea? If so, how many starting mons should there be? Should this be done through a discussion slate, a shorter conversation through discord or by the council alone?

- How many mons should we aim for? I generally feel like 30-40 is a pretty good number to avoid getting overcrowded, but it could also be interesting to have a smaller, more centralized metagame or to have some more niche options available.

I probably forgot some stuff, feel free to ask me if I seem to have forgotten to mention something.

:Venusaur:Fusion Types :Charizard:
Fusion Types is a Pet Mod that is heavily based on Fusion Evolution, but with a new twist! Like Fusion Evolution, it involves fusing two Pokemon together to make one. However, this time the focus is on fusing types and moves rather than abilites. Fusing types? How does that work? Well let's look at an example.

:sv/Venusaur: :sv/Charizard:

Venusaur and Charizard are very well-known starters, so let's use them as an example. Now let's say we want to make a mon fusing them together. The first thing of note is the type. Now we want to fuse both of their types together. But they both have dual types, so how does this work? This is where the new twist of this mod comes in. Rather than picking two types together, we're putting all four types together in one! While this may seem complicated, it's not as crazy as you think. While there's still only going to be a maximum of two total types in one Pokemon, we'll actually be making custom types based on the ones we fused! Now let's get started.

For our primary type, we need to pick a primary Pokemon. Venusaur will be our primary Pokemon. Now they have a dual type, which is Grass/Poison. Now we're going to combine this into a single type. The important thing to know about single types is that they never have 4x resistances or weaknesses. However, Grass/Poison has a 4x resistance to Grass! What do we do with that? Well, when turning two types into one, all 4x resistances and weaknesses become a normal 2x one. Now let's look at our current type.

Grass | Poison
2x Weaknesses: Flying, Fire, Psychic, Ice
2x Resistances: Fighting, Water, Electric, Fairy, Grass

Now we have our primary type. Now let's do Charizard. Now that we know how it works, this should be easy.

Fire | Flying
2x Weaknesses: Rock, Water Electric
2x Resistances: Fighting, Steel, Fire, Fairy, Bug, Grass
Immunity: Ground

Now we have our two dual types, now we need to combine them to make a single dual type!

Grass | Poison / Fire | Flying
2x Weaknesses: Flying, Psychic, Ice, Rock
2x Resistances: Steel, Bug
4x Resistances: Fighting, Fairy, Grass
Immunity: Ground

With this, our type has been figured out! Now let's move on to the next stage, the abilites. As Fusion Types is going for something different than Fusion Evolution, abilites will not be combined. Rather, for each Pokemon submitted, you're allowed to list abilites from both Pokemon based on the maximum number of abilites from either one. In this case, Venusaur and Charizard both have two abilites, so there can only be two abilites. Let's take Charizard's Blaze and Venusaur's Chorlophyll as the two ability options.

Next is the stats. To differentiate this from Fusion Evolution, you're not balancing the stats together. Rather you chose a stat spread from either Pokemon for your submission. Let's take Venusaur's stat spread.

Lastly, there's the movepool. Unlike Fusion Evolution, we aren't combining the movepools together. Rather, we're picking a single movepool from either Pokemon. Let's take Charizard's movepool.

So, are we finished? Not necessarily. Here's where the second potential custom element comes in. Dual type moves! While we're only allowed to take a movepool from one Pokemon rather than both, we're allowed to insert a single custom move that is the exception. This custom move combines the effects of two different moves learned by both Pokemon into one! Now let's take Venusaur's Giga Drain and Charizard's Flamethrower. Here's a reminder of the statistics of each ability.

Giga Drain
Type: Grass
BP: 75
PP: 10
Accuracy: 100%
Special
Explanation: The user heals 1/2 the HP lost by the target, rounded up.

Flamethrower
Type: Fire
BP: 90
PP: 15
Special
Explanation: 10% chance to burn the target.

Now let's combine the moves together. For the type, we're going to being using the singular fused type of Grass/Fire. BP, PP, Accuracy are based on the average of them together, rounded down. The numbers are always mutiplied by 5, so we'll say the BP is 80 and the PP is 10. Accuracy is 100% for both so that doesn't need to be changed. As for the type of move, both are special so this custom move is also special. But in the case of two moves being physical and special respectively, you're allowed to choose either physical or special for the custom. If one of the moves is a status move, but the other is physical or special, then it must be the latter kind if dealing damage is involved. Lastly, there's the effects of the move. We're allowed to combine them. We can either get fancy with our combinations, or just stack the effects together. For example, we can say 10% chance to heal the user by 1/2 HP lost by the target, but that's not very reliable. Instead, we will be combining the effects. Let's look at our finished move!

Giga Flamethrower
Type: Grass | Fire
BP: 80
PP: 10
Special
Explanation: The user heals 1/2 the HP lost by the target, rounded up. 10% chance to burn the target.

And with that, we have our finished Pokemon. Let's take a look.

:sv/Venusaur: :sv/Charizard:
Type: Grass | Poison / Fire | Flying
Abilites: Blaze / Chlorophyll (HA)
Stats: 80 / 82 / 83 / 100 / 100 / 80 | 525
Movepool: Charizard
Signature Move: Giga Flamethrower

And here's some misc information:
- Tera is banned. It completely ruins the point of this mon and makes things overly complicated.
- The custom types of each Pokemon battling will be showed in showdown.
- You're allowed to have only one type as your primary, secondary, or both types if they're the same type for each individual Pokemon. Not everything has to be fused. This allows you to have 1-4 types for each fusion, keeping variety up.
- Also, custom moves are recommended, but not necessary for every submission.

Now, that's the mod in a nutshell. Here's some questions we can ask ourselves.

Question: Is having four potential STABS too much, or should we only have 1.25 power for each individual STAB in a singular fused type?
Question: How complicated is this metagame? Is it too difficult to keep track of all these custom types?
Question: Should we have a custom calculator to make figuring out type combinations easier?

Ability replacements
It may be a bit bland, but it adresses one important issue: ability pools almost never get updates through generation shifts!

In this mod, there will be a slate of several Pokemon whose abilities can be replacements. For each Pokemon in the slate, you can then nominate your idea of what their ability pool should be. You can completely rearrange a Pokemon's ability pool. You can also give them a custom signature ability.

The next step is the voting per Pokemon what nomination is the best. And then, the winners are determined and the cycle restarts.

There is one catch: each time there is an ability (or multiple abilities) on the chopping block for not being interesting enough, or being uncompetitive. The composition of each slate is therefore always the userbase of a particular ability.

:machamp:Second Split :alakazam:
(the name is definitely a bit of a work in progress lol)

Concept:

Gen 4 introduced the Physical / Special Split, a mechanic which would change Pokemon forever. But what if that never happened? This Gen 9 NatDex OU based metagame reverts the Split, then changes Pokemon to make them more viable.

Since Fairy did not exist before Gen 6, I've decided to put it in the Special category. All the other types follow the classification they had pre Gen 4, resulting in:

:conkeldurr:
:eevee: NORMAL
:hitmonchan:
FIGHTING
:tornadus: FLYING
:arbok: POISON
:dugtrio: GROUND
:gigalith: ROCK
:pinsir: BUG
:cofagrigus: GHOST
:klinklang: STEEL

:reuniclus:
:flareon: FIRE
:vaporeon:WATER
:leafeon:
GRASS
:jolteon:ELECTRIC
:glaceon:ICE
:umbreon:DARK
:espeon:PSYCHIC
:sylveon: FAIRY
:druddigon: DRAGON

Explanation:

Obviously, undoing the Split will bring large shifts to the meta, and we'll be balancing it through slates! Slates will have certain themes which submitters will follow when picking Pokemon. There will also be some general guidelines for how to change said Pokemon, which apply to every slate:

:equilibra:
- Must keep at least 1 type from the original.
- Must have at least 1 ability from the original.
- Must keep signature moves and abilities (if any).
- Must have the same BST as the original, plus or minus 30 points
(This means you can add or subtract upto 30 points from the BST, but you don't have to use the full 30 points, or even use them at all!)

So, let's say the theme is "NDOU Pokemon". A typical submission might look like this:

:gholdengo:
Type: STEEL / GHOST
Ability: Good as Gold

Stats:
HP - 87
Atk - 133
Def - 95
SpA - 60
SpD - 91
Spe - 84
BST - 550

New Moves: +Swords Dance
Description: I swapped its offenses since both STABs are now physical, and added SD to compensate for Nasty Plot becoming useless. It's no longer affected by the SpA drop from Make It Rain, but loses out on SpD drops from Shadow Ball.

Miscellaneous:

- Tera Blast now works like Hidden Power. Since it's a Normal type move, it's Physical by default, but if you Tera into any of the Special types, it'll turn Special as well.

- General rule of thumb, Physical attacks use the attacker's Attack stat and the target's Defense stat in damage calculation, unless stated otherwise. The same goes for Special attacks with their respective stats. So for example, Foul Play is a Dark type Special attack that's supposed to use your Special Attack stat and the opponent's Special Defense stat for damage calculation, but since its gimmick is that it uses the opponent's Attack stat, it will use that instead of your Special Attack.

Let me also ask some questions here.

:unown:
- So, do you like the concept? If you don't, what changes would you make?

- The secondary effects of the following moves are affected pretty badly through reverting the Split:

Acid Spray, Acid, Bug Buzz, Earth Power, Flash Cannon, Focus Blast, Shadow Ball, Meteor Beam, Crunch, Fire Lash, Grav Apple, Liquidation, Razor Shell.

For example, Meteor Beam boosts SpA, but it's a Rock type move, so it's Physical and instead comes off Atk. Should I change their secondary effects to align with the correct Attack and Defense stats? Or should I let them be and allow mixed attackers to have a unique new tool to play with?

- The whole gimmick of the following moves becomes useless once the Split is undone:

Secret Sword, Photon Geyser, and Shell Side Arm

How should I tackle them? Should I let them stay useless?

Last edited:
Pet Mod Name: GSC Sumo

Pet Mod Concept: Imagine if GSC OU had all pokemon from generations 3-7 imported, with generation 7 learnsets for generation 2 moves, generation 2 items, and generation 2 mechanics? GSC Sumo answers this stupid, unasked question with a metagame.

Explanation: All Pokemon from gens 3-7, as well as those from gens 1 and 2 are available.
They can only learn moves from gens 1 and 2, and gens 1 and 2 pokemon have had their movesets updated to reflect generation 7 learnsets of generation 1-2 moves. (Examples: Blaziken does not learn flare blitz because it is not a generation 1 or 2 move, and Skarmory learns spikes because it is a generation 2 move that it gets in the later gens.

Mega Pokemon are allowed, but only one is allowed per team and it must hold its mega stone. (As the metagame is uncoded currently, there is no way to make Pokemon actually mega evolve, or to limit megas to one per team in our challenge paste. Due to this, we must implement rules about megas separately.)

Z-Moves are banned.

The banlist and challenge paste currently, for the metagame.

Miscellaneous: GSC Sumo is currently challengeable using the challenge paste in the doc above, on main showdown servers. Due to technical limitations, moves, megas, and other mechanics are done on an honor system. Check your moves to make sure they are gsc and allowed on your mon in sm, please!

We hang out in BKC's discord for now, our own server could potentially come later if traction is gained. This is not the proposal obviously, but stop by!

Super new to Smogon, kinda got no clue what’s going on, but I figure posting here is a pretty safe bet.

Pet Mod Name: Swap Rocks

Pet Mod Concept: Based on Gen 9. Only NFE Pokemon are legal. When a Pokemon is holding an evolution stone that matches one of its evolution’s types, it temporarily evolves, gaining all the benefits of its evolution such as type, ability and stats.

Explanation:

1. Stones are still affected by moves like Knock Off and Trick. If a Pokemon loses its stone, it reverts to its base state; if it gains a new one, it evolves accordingly.

2. When a Pokemon is holding a stone that doesn’t match one of its evolution’s types, it becomes a new, custom evolution with the stone’s type as a secondary type (or primary where it seems more fitting). For example: Growlithe holding a leaf stone might become a Fire/Grass-type Barkane instead of Arcanine.

3. Some stones have multiple potential types. For example the Dusk Stone could be both Dark and Ghost type, allowing Murkrow to evolve into Honchkrow or Haunter to evolve into Gengar. Custom Dusk Stone evolutions can pick and choose between Dark or Ghost type, depending on what’s appropriate for the Pokemon, so Buneary might evolve into a Dark type, while Slowpoke evolves into a Ghost type instead.

4. Pokemon that usually use a non-stone item to evolve can hold that item to evolve. For example, Gligar becomes Gliscor when holding a Razor Fang. These items retain their usual effect.

5. Certain items become evolution stones of a specific type in the mod, while also retaining their usual effects. For example:
Float Stone is Flying and Psychic type.
Metal Coat and Iron Ball are Steel type.
Eviolite and Ring Target are Normal type. (Note: Eviolite effect is altered, see below)

6. Custom evolutions have a shallow pool of additional moves that they can learn. These moves are only legal if the base Pokemon is holding the correct evolution stone when teambuilding, but once in battle they can still be used if the stone is removed. Most of these moves match the evolution’s type, but a couple may match thematically instead.
For example: Barkane learns Grass Knot, so Grass Knot is only legal on a Growlithe holding a Leaf Stone. If the Leaf Stone is Tricked with a Fire Stone in battle, Growlithe becomes Arcanine but Grass Knot is still usable.

A few potential balancing/fun changes:

1. When a Pokemon holding a stone is sent out, its evolution’s name and type are displayed, but the stone itself is not, allowing Iron Ball, Ring Target etc. to stay hidden. Same goes for when stones are swapped (though that reveals the items anyways).

2. To hopefully keep the meta revolving around the new mechanics rather than just becoming Knock Off hell, Knock Off has -1 priority, but now benefits from Prankster (which also makes Dark types immune to it). Tricking moves stay as they are, because swapping evolutions around sounds fun.

3. As it now evolves the Pokemon holding it, Eviolite’s Defense-boosting effect only works if the base Pokemon is the first stage of a three-stage line. For example, Pichu evolves into a Pikachu counterpart and gets the Defense boost, while Pikachu evolves into a Raichu counterpart and does not.

4. Base power for Fling with an evolution stone is now 150, since it sacrifices the Pokemon’s evolution.

Submission example:

Base Pokemon:
Growlithe
Evolution stone: Leaf Stone
Name: Barkane
Stats: Arcanine +30 SpDef, -30 Atk
Abilities: Intimidate/Flash Fire, Regenerator
Additional moves: Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Forest’s Curse, Toxic
Roles: Bulky Special Attacker, Toxic/Leech Seed/Morning Sun Staller, Leech Seed/Regenerator Pivot

Miscellaneous: Looking for feedback since I’m very new to this, and also some info on how Pet Mods get managed, what is and isn’t possible, that sort of thing.

Portuguese Room + PetMods project

Hello there, folks. I haven't been on Showdown! nor PetMods a lot, lately, and yet I do want to do something for both, at the same time.

The concept:

The PetMod I'd like to work on is intended to be a project for the Portuguese room on PS! and consists in one focused on the lusophone Pokémon community. The project aims to introduce those fellas to PetMods, and the one that will used for that will be focused on flavor based on Brasil, Portugal and other Portuguese speaking countries and their cultures.

The execution:

As for gameplay, it should be as friendly as possible to players unfamiliar with PetMods as a whole. Due to the project's flavor inclined nature, a fakedex is preferable. For that, the plan is to use a new dex, with Gen9 mechanics. The first few slates of the mod will be dedicated to bringing Pokémon the players want to see in it - for that they will be able to choose multiple Pokémon they like and adjust them as they like, as long as their identities are kept and their power levels are around OU. In the following slates, we can slowly introduce new items, moves, abilities, to then move on to regional variants, then evolutions, and, finally, completely new Pokémon. The purpose of this process is to make an introduction to PetMods as smooth as possible, while still building a self suficient and flavorful meta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)