SV OU Peaked #2 -2018 ELO- Teal Mask Ogerpon (encore fun)

1710950560013.png

:sv/dragapult: :sv/kingambit: :sv/landorus-therian: :sv/slowking-galar: :sv/primarina: :sv/ogerpon:

The team:
https://pokepast.es/d5c55e2cc8fb26f5

Okay, i wanted to build a team aroud regular ogerpon because i think its really underrated. It has a ton of potential and can do many things with its tera. The team started as a ¨have fun team¨ but i kept winning with it and i almost topped the ladder so i can say its a funcional team.

The mons:

The good thing about this team is that every pokemon has some defensive utility, even ogerpon can switch in a couple of times to help with waterpon. Every single member can take at least one important hit and either pivot or hit back. But tbh the my main plan while laddering was weaking the sturdy grass resist that i could find and sweep with ogerpon, since it literally needs one turn to be at +2 attack and +1 speed with an adaptability boost bc of tera, making it a very good sweeper if u can soften the other team. The team is centered around switch moves and encore to take advantage from passive plays, since this squad (while solid) is not the most defensive oriented team there is.

First the core of the team. I find extremelly easy to build teams when i have these 3 mons: dragapult, kingambit and landorus t
These 3 provide speed, bulk, coverage, utility, variety with different sets and coverage against so much that its almost impossible for me to build bulky offense without at least 2 of them.

:sv/dragapult:
Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

First dragapult. Normally you see the wisp+hex set, but my team lacked immediate power so i decide to go with specs. I would rather to run modest but darkrai is dangerous for my team and losing the tie can be really bad. I have seen people who dont run flamethrower on specs pult but i think its necessary, specially because it can weaken Corv nicely and this is what my oger needs.

:sv/kingambit:
Kingambit @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Low Kick

Broken kingambit. You know what it does. . I used to run max hp because its always nice to have a sturdy ghost resist against other specs pult and scarf gholdengo when it shows, but the gambit mirror is so crucial that many people are going timid max speed, and im one of them. No reasons to run max speed if u dont use have low kick imo. Tera dark is just to improve my match up against stall and for general revenge killing duty.

:sv/landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Taunt

Its kinda of amazing that this thing is back on top but its just that good. Checks gambit and zama in the early game, sets up rocks and uturns out. Grass knot would be an option but taunt is imperative for skarm or corv, preventing them from roosting and thus making life much easier for ogerpon. Pretty basic stuff.

Once i had the core i wanted even more pokemon who could pivot in and out of battle. Sure, lando is a good one, but it usually dies in the first few turns, so i needed a solid background. Gking and primarina are both amazing mons with amazing defensive profiles, not passive at all and with the capacity to pivot between them and the other members, they also improve the match up against sun and rain.

:sv/slowking-galar:
Slowking-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psyshock
- Chilly Reception
- Sludge Bomb
- Ice Beam

Gking runs whatever it wants as long as it has sludge bomb and chilly, so psyshock and ice beam because volc and gliscor are always a pain for me.

:sv/primarina:
Primarina @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Torrent
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Flip Turn
- Encore

Primarina can do a lot of thing but i wante to toy with fast encore sets and they pretty good. Enought speed to out run kingambit is needed, and then flip turn to take advantage of the encored mons. You can really run more bulk on it but primarina hits so hard that its a waste to not use offensively the free turns it has, very few pokemon can take water and fairy. Tera steel is there for other gkings.

:sv/ogerpon:
Ogerpon (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ivy Cudgel
- Knock Off
- Encore

And last ogerpon. It wasnt my intention to build a team around her, but i wanted to have a team with it and she fits nicely in this one.
Its not the easiest mon to use, because it depends on tera much of the time and its really hard to keep the tera until the late game, which is where oger shines. If the bulky grass resist is gone oger can sweep quite well. Knock is for pult and gking and encore is there because it can generate a place where oger can set up. Its not only a sweeper tho, since it has nice mid game utility and this is where the many switch moves and encore come together perfectly, since a fast encore can disrupt many set up attempts, iron defense zamazenta is a big one.

The replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2083841916?p2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2083755660
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2084636730?p2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2084657351?p2

Its quite a nice team all thing considered, nothing too crazy in the sets or in the evs but its the synergy between all 6 mons that makes this a viable team. Its not plug and play, sure, since oger takes a back sit much of the times and has to wait until the other team is weakened and/or can make something happen with encore. It has some flaws, gouging fire on sun cooks this but every team has some weak points. I just wanted to share it and hope u cant have some fun encoring stuff :)

Last edited:
View attachment 617273

:sv/dragapult: :sv/kingambit: :sv/landorus-therian: :sv/slowking-galar: :sv/primarina: :sv/ogerpon:

The team:

Okay, i wanted to build a team aroud regular ogerpon because i think its really underrated. It has a ton of potential and can do many things with its tera. The team started as a ¨have fun team¨ but i kept winning with it and i almost topped the ladder so i can say its a funcional team.

The mons:

The good thing about this team is that every pokemon has some defensive utility, even ogerpon can switch in a couple of times to help with waterpon. Every single member can take at least one important hit and either pivot or hit back. But tbh the my main plan while laddering was weaking the sturdy grass resist that i could find and sweep with ogerpon, since it literally needs one turn to be at +2 attack and +1 speed with an adaptability boost bc of tera, making it a very good sweeper if u can soften the other team. The team is centered around switch moves and encore to take advantage from passive plays, since this squad (while solid) is not the most defensive oriented team there is.

First the core of the team. I find extremelly easy to build teams when i have these 3 mons: dragapult, kingambit and landorus t
These 3 provide speed, bulk, coverage, utility, variety with different sets and coverage against so much that its almost impossible for me to build bulky offense without at least 2 of them.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

First dragapult. Normally you see the wisp+hex set, but my team lacked immediate power so i decide to go with specs. I would rather to run modest but darkrai is dangerous for my team and losing the tie can be really bad. I have seen people who dont run flamethrower on specs pult but i think its necessary, specially because it can weaken Corv nicely and this is what my oger needs.

Kingambit @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Low Kick

Broken kingambit. You know what it does. . I used to run max hp because its always nice to have a sturdy ghost resist against other specs pult and scarf gholdengo when it shows, but the gambit mirror is so crucial that many people are going timid max speed, and im one of them. No reasons to run max speed if u dont use have low kick imo. Tera dark is just to improve my match up against stall and for general revenge killing duty.

Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Taunt

Its kinda of amazing that this thing is back on top but its just that good. Checks gambit and zama in the early game, sets up rocks and uturns out. Grass knot would be an option but taunt is imperative for skarm or corv, preventing them from roosting and thus making life much easier for ogerpon. Pretty basic stuff.

Once i had the core i wanted even more pokemon who could pivot in and out of battle. Sure, lando is a good one, but it usually dies in the first few turns, so i needed a solid background. Gking and primarina are both amazing mons with amazing defensive profiles, not passive at all and with the capacity to pivot between them and the other members, they also improve the match up against sun and rain.

Sassy Nature
- Psyshock
- Chilly Reception
- Sludge Bomb
- Ice Beam

Gking runs whatever it wants as long as it has sludge bomb and chilly, so psyshock and ice beam because volc and gliscor are always a pain for me.

Modest Nature
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Flip Turn
- Encore

Primarina can do a lot of thing but i wante to toy with fast encore sets and they pretty good. Enought speed to out run kingambit is needed, and then flip turn to take advantage of the encored mons. You can really run more bulk on it but primarina hits so hard that its a waste to not use offensively the free turns it has, very few pokemon can take water and fairy. Tera steel is there for other gkings.

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ivy Cudgel
- Knock Off
- Encore

And last ogerpon. It wasnt my intention to build a team around her, but i wanted to have a team with it and she fits nicely in this one.
Its not the easiest mon to use, because it depends on tera much of the time and its really hard to keep the tera until the late game, which is where oger shines. If the bulky grass resist is gone oger can sweep quite well. Knock is for pult and gking and encore is there because it can generate a place where oger can set up. Its not only a sweeper tho, since it has nice mid game utility and this is where the many switch moves and encore come together perfectly, since a fast encore can disrupt many set up attempts, iron defense zamazenta is a big one.

The replays:

Its quite a nice team all thing considered, nothing too crazy in the sets or in the evs but its the synergy between all 6 mons that makes this a viable team. Its not plug and play, sure, since oger takes a back sit much of the times and has to quite until the other team is weakened and/or can make something happen with encore. It has some flaws, gouging fire on sun cooks this but every team has some weak points. I just wanted to share it and hope u cant have some fun encoring stuff :)
Encore is the greatest move to be put on a swords dance sweeper, love this.
(Timid kingambit is wild)

Green Ogerpon is always one of those mons that I think is ass when you use it but god when you face it, whenever I see it on my opponents loading screen I start shitting bricks

View attachment 617273

The team:

The mons:

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Kingambit @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Low Kick

Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Taunt

Sassy Nature
- Psyshock
- Chilly Reception
- Sludge Bomb
- Ice Beam

Modest Nature
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Flip Turn
- Encore

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ivy Cudgel
- Knock Off
- Encore

The replays:

Its quite a nice team all thing considered, nothing too crazy in the sets or in the evs but its the synergy between all 6 mons that makes this a viable team. Its not plug and play, sure, since oger takes a back sit much of the times and has to wait until the other team is weakened and/or can make something happen with encore. It has some flaws, gouging fire on sun cooks this but every team has some weak points. I just wanted to share it and hope u cant have some fun encoring stuff :)
Just something I'm curious about, but wouldn't hazards be an issue for the team? Since pult and kambit don't have boots and take spikes? I know the other four aren't but I'm just curious. I'm trying to understand team building and how to get better at it lol

Just something I'm curious about, but wouldn't hazards be an issue for the team? Since pult and kambit don't have boots and take spikes? I know the other four aren't but I'm just curious. I'm trying to understand team building and how to get better at it lol
As you said, only two mons are weak to hazards. That's enough leeway for you to play around it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)