Ability: Defiant
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Beat Up
- Sucker Punch

A knight in shining armour! This fast attacker beats up it's opponents thanks to its STAB moves and high speed. It's Multi-Hitting move Beat Up clears Focus Sash Diglett as well as Substitute Abra. With maximum speed, Pawniard can easily outspeed Choice Scarf Porygon with Knock Off thanks to it's own Choice Scarf as well as outspeeding Tyrunt even after a Dragon Dance with Iron Head. Iron Head also grants it neutral damage against foes that have had their items removed with Knock Off, with a higher base power. Sucker Punch targets any faster Choice Scarf users faster than Pawniard. With its Steel-Type, Pawniard resists Grookey's Grassy Glide and can easily remove its Eviolite after taking some damage. It's Defiant gives Pawniard a +2 Attack boost on any stat drop which can make it even more threatening than it already is.

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Mention that Beat Up lets Pawniard beat Focus Sash and Substitute Abra/Diglett specifically, and don't put it in the same sentence with Porygon and Mudbray - Mudbray especially since using Beat Up against Mudbray is a very bad idea. Mudbray in general is an odd choice, since Pawniard only does good damage to it but then is defeated.

I would strongly recommend mentioning Tyrunt in here, since Choice Scarf Pawniard outspeeds it even after Dragon Dance, which is also a significant reason Scarf Pawniard runs max speed.

Sinistea does not have access to Shell Smash in LC. Agility Porygon would be an OK swap, but Sucker Punch also has appeal in providing Pawniard priority if its Choice Scarf gets removed via Knock Off.

"The defensive EVs boost Pawniard's stats to the optimal position with Eviolite." This is a Choice Scarf set.

Defiant boosts are uncommon enough to be mostly irrelevant in current day LC, if you need to cut words then that sentence should be on the chopping block.

I or somebody else on the QC team can approve after this is updated.

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
Mention that Beat Up lets Pawniard beat Focus Sash and Substitute Abra/Diglett specifically, and don't put it in the same sentence with Porygon and Mudbray - Mudbray especially since using Beat Up against Mudbray is a very bad idea. Mudbray in general is an odd choice, since Pawniard only does good damage to it but then is defeated.

I would strongly recommend mentioning Tyrunt in here, since Choice Scarf Pawniard outspeeds it even after Dragon Dance, which is also a significant reason Scarf Pawniard runs max speed.

Sinistea does not have access to Shell Smash in LC. Agility Porygon would be an OK swap, but Sucker Punch also has appeal in providing Pawniard priority if its Choice Scarf gets removed via Knock Off.

"The defensive EVs boost Pawniard's stats to the optimal position with Eviolite." This is a Choice Scarf set.

Defiant boosts are uncommon enough to be mostly irrelevant in current day LC, if you need to cut words then that sentence should be on the chopping block.

I or somebody else on the QC team can approve after this is updated.
Implemented. Trust me I'm not usually stupid with the last stuff. It's just late...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)