TM167-Close Combat
TM171-Tera Blast

Egg Moves:
Mach Punch
Sweet Kiss
Fake Out
Wish

Positives:

- One of only 2 pokemon in the whole game with Revival Blessing which can bring back a critical member or sweeper of your team to wreck your opponent and arguably a lot better than Rabsca

- The best pika clone ever made, very good coverage along with good Attack and outspeeds Garchomp.

-Pairs well with Electric Terrain and is able to really pack a punch

Negatives:

-Pretty one dimensional, not much versatility

-Very fragile, won't be able to take many hits

- Still outsped by many pokemon and vulnerable to priority

Terastylizing types:

- A Ice Terastal type is a good option to get STAB on the bolt beam coverage and fairs much better against ground/grass types

- Electric and Fighting Terastal type can help augment it's Close Combat and Electric coverage to be able to break through walls. Choosing Electric will allow you to spam Double Shock for horrendous damage

Pika Punch Set:

Pawmot @ Choice Band/Choice Scarf/Leppa Berry
Ability: Iron Fist
Tera Type: Electric/Fighting/Ice
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
-Revival Blessing
-Double Shock/Thunder Punch
-Close Combat
-Ice Punch/Sleep Talk/Volt Switch

Pawmots best set by far. Revival Blessing is its calling card and really sets it apart from other Electric types and can turn the momentum towards your side. Double Shock is hits like Mike Tyson but it does have its drawback where you lose your typing and can't use it consecutively but most of the time your switching out anyway. Close Combat OHKOes Tyrannitar and handle many of the new dark types. Ice Punch boosted by Iron Fist 2koes or better most of the ground types who want to switch in to your Electric move. Sleep Talk can make Pawmot a Spore absorber and can make the most out of Revival Blessing. With a Leppa Berry you can potential bring back 2 teammates for double the fun. Life Orb is also a another viable option if you like flexibility.

Seed Bomb and Mach Punch are honorable mentions to OHKO gastrodon and Quagsire and to help revenge kill a threat. Choice Scarf is another pretty good item than can allow it to Outspeed and OHKO many dragon dancers and other faster. Choice Band is also another good option to boost its power even further.

Jolly is preferable over Adamant as there many pokemon who would outspeed it, the most notable being Garchomp and OHKO otherwise.

Last edited:
Pawmot @ Choice Band / Leppa Berry
Tera Type: Ice / Fighting / Electric
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature

-Revival Blessing
-Double Shock / Thunder Punch
-Close Combat
-Ice Punch

Pawmots best set by far. Revival Blessing is its calling card and really sets it apart from other Electric types and can turn the momentum towards your side. Double Shock is hits like Mike Tyson but it does have its drawback where you lose your typing and can't use it consecutively but most of the time your switching out anyway. Close Combat OHKOes Tyrannitar and handle many of the new dark types. Ice Punch boosted by Iron Fist 2koes or better most of the ground types who want to switch in to your Electric move. With a Leppa Berry you can potential bring back 2 teammates for double the fun.

Seed Bomb and Mach Punch are honorable mentions to OHKO gastrodon and Quagsire and to help revenge kill a threat. Choice Scarf is another pretty good item than can allow it to Outspeed and OHKO many dragon dancers and other faster pokemon.
For Choiced Pawmot, I would highly recommend Volt Switch as an option over Ice Punch. Being able to use the move to scout your opponents is really valuable for the more offensive teams that Pawmot will be usually on. I'm also more preferential to Volt Absorb over Iron Fist. In OU, you're rarely ever using Pawmot for work outside of Revival Blessing (e.g. it can't wallbreak or sweep), so it's more of an offensive pivot in that way. With that in mind, I find having an immunity to Elec (and Volt Switch) gives you more opportunities to come in an pivot or Revival Blessing a teammate.

For Choiced Pawmot, I would highly recommend Volt Switch as an option over Ice Punch. Being able to use the move to scout your opponents is really valuable for the more offensive teams that Pawmot will be usually on. I'm also more preferential to Volt Absorb over Iron Fist. In OU, you're rarely ever using Pawmot for work outside of Revival Blessing (e.g. it can't wallbreak or sweep), so it's more of an offensive pivot in that way. With that in mind, I find having an immunity to Elec (and Volt Switch) gives you more opportunities to come in an pivot or Revival Blessing a teammate.
Yeah I agree Volt Switch is still viable to maintain momentum but it is weak and with a Choice Band Pawmot is strong enough to 2ko if not OHKO most pokemon

Pawmot @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Volt Switch
- Revival Blessing

So I tried running this gimmicky support set early on. I get Revival Blessing isn't working correctly, but even if it was, this set was still miserable to use since no one was running status and it couldn't actually switch in on much due to no Leftovers or HDB. Getting a Revival Blessing also feels really hard in this meta due to all insanely fast threats.

Still, I do wonder if the concept of defensive Pawmot has potential. Yeah, the bulk is horrible, but it does have a lot of these nice Utility moves like Volt Switch, Wish, etc. on top of a great defensive ability and the elusive Revival Blessing. I think the concept has room for exploration, albiet, by a player that's much better than me lol.

Does Double Shock get boosted by Iron Fist? If so, I think a set with Punching Gloves as item(to stack the boost), Double Shock, Ice Punch, CC and Revival Blessing is optimal. Generally I don't like choiced sets with status moves, especially if the move has 1 PP.

Btw, from theorymon perspective, I don't think Revival Blessing is a broken or unhealthy move. Won't elaborate until I actually try this Mon, which will take a while.

Does Double Shock get boosted by Iron Fist? If so, I think a set with Punching Gloves as item(to stack the boost), Double Shock, Ice Punch, CC and Revival Blessing is optimal. Generally I don't like choiced sets with status moves, especially if the move has 1 PP.

Btw, from theorymon perspective, I don't think Revival Blessing is a broken or unhealthy move. Won't elaborate until I actually try this Mon, which will take a while.
I don't think Double Shock is boosted by Iron Fist but I think it still has to be tested. Additionally Punching Gloves doesn't stack with Iron Fist unfortunately. Yeah Life orb would be a better item.

Revival Blessing has such limited distribution that it likely won't make such a big impact, but it is still incredible move.

Last edited:
Did someone test if Sleep Talk can trigger Revival Blessing in-game? Pawmot Stats make it hard to pull off that strat, but it still would be useful to know.

Finally it's here.
Came up with a support Leppa set that can also do a bit of damage if it feels like it. Considering Double Shock over Wish? 140 HP is alright but I'd rather pass a stronger one. Considered Wish but ultimately went with Double Shock, 140 HP isn't a great pass

#BLESSED (Pawmot) @ Leppa Berry
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Revival Blessing
- Nuzzle
- Double Shock
- Mach Punch

While held back just by just how damned fast this meta is, Pawmot's still good speed, high attack, great ability, and phenomenal coverage pool means that it can certainly pull its own weight.

One Pawnch 'Mon
Pawmot @ Muscle Band/Punching Glove
Tera Type: Flying
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Punching glove does stack with Iron Fist; atleast in Showdown. If this is changed, then Muscle Band has the same effect minus the recoil protection.

Tera Flying is used to read against ground-type attacks, giving Pawmot a bit of extra survivability.

While held back just by just how damned fast this meta is, Pawmot's still good speed, high attack, great ability, and phenomenal coverage pool means that it can certainly pull its own weight.

One Pawnch 'Mon
Pawmot @ Muscle Band/Punching Glove
Tera Type: Flying
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Punching glove does stack with Iron Fist; atleast in Showdown. If this is changed, then Muscle Band has the same effect minus the recoil protection.

Tera Flying is used to read against ground-type attacks, giving Pawmot a bit of extra survivability.
Muscle Band sux, EBelt is better. Not running Revival Blessing on Pawmot is preposterous too and Close Combat >>> Fire Punch. I'm pretty sure Double Shock is stronger than Iron Fist TPunch. I do love the concept of Tera Flying Pawmot tho

This is my Pawmot set:

Pawmot (F) @ Leppa Berry
Tera Type: Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Revival Blessing
- Ice Punch
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch

I’ve been using a scarf set similar to the band just replaced with scarf as a revenge killer it’s been working pretty good so far

Muscle Band sux, EBelt is better. Not running Revival Blessing on Pawmot is preposterous too and Close Combat >>> Fire Punch. I'm pretty sure Double Shock is stronger than Iron Fist TPunch. I do love the concept of Tera Flying Pawmot tho
Expert belt is tempting. Though I'd still go for Punching Glove for neutral hits and contact protection. And Close Combat would be a better idea than Fire punch. Really all I had it for was checking Scizzor.

Not gonna use Revival Blessing though. Need the extra move slots for more punching.

Expert belt is bad/mediocre on nearly every pokémon because powering x 2 moves isn't worth, are doing high damage anyway. Unless you are using a mixed set, Wise glasses or muscle band are prefered in my opinion but neither of two aren't enough great and Life orb or HDB are prefered items.

Pawmot @ Leppa Berry
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Revival Blessing
- Nuzzle
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Pawmot support set. Have a devastating specs or band mon like Chi-Yu, Dnite, or Chien-Pao come in early and watch your opponent scramble as you take down 1-2 mons. I then bring in Snarl screens to give him some survivability and use the first Revival blessing. I'm usually playing a 6-4 advantage at this point. HP investment usually lets him survive a couple unboosted attacks under screens. Rest/Talk lets me get more use out of Revival blessings, and Nuzzle's guaranteed para seems more useful than trying to make him into a mediocre sweeper.

Got some cheesy low-ladder wins with this team.

https://pokepast.es/115eb0e3f71dc17b

Ting-Lu & Iron Treads are right bastards, but I think the set has potential!

Pawmot @ Leppa Berry
Jolly Nature
- Revival Blessing
- Nuzzle
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Pawmot support set. Have a devastating specs or band mon like Chi-Yu, Dnite, or Chien-Pao come in early and watch your opponent scramble as you take down 1-2 mons. I then bring in Snarl screens to give him some survivability and use the first Revival blessing. I'm usually playing a 6-4 advantage at this point. HP investment usually lets him survive a couple unboosted attacks under screens. Rest/Talk lets me get more use out of Revival blessings, and Nuzzle's guaranteed para seems more useful than trying to make him into a mediocre sweeper.

Actually a pretty decent set due to Natural Cure and the threat of paralysis can thwart some set up attempts. Shouldn't terastallize most of the time

Offensive sets are better most of the time though

Actually a pretty decent set due to Natural Cure and the threat of paralysis can thwart some set up attempts. Shouldn't terastallize most of the time

Offensive sets are better most of the time though
I think you're right, the inconsistency of the sleep talk set really shows over many matches. Even with HP investment, Pawmot gets 2KO'd by most anything making rest/talk hard to safely do.

Pawmot @ Leppa Berry
Jolly Nature
- Revival Blessing
- Nuzzle
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

1. Does Revival Blessing even get selected by Sleep Talk?
2. You may want to consider an Electric Tera type. Apparently most moves (except priority & multi-hit moves), have their power upped to 60 IF they get Tera STAB and have a power less than 60, thus allowing Nuzzle to do some *actual* damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)