All Gens Past Gens Research Thread

wait what, where does that come from? o.o

EDIT: Whatever that is, it's half wrong. I can still drop Alakazam's special with Psychic or poison Pinsir with Twineedle.

Last edited:

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
<cookie> jesus shit on a stick
<cookie> it works
<cookie> i hacked icy wind to freeze and changed its type to poison
<cookie> it froze swinub, but not tentacruel

PARALYSIS SIDE EFFECT 1

Moves included: Thunderpunch, Thundershock, Thunderbolt, Thunder

- Can't paralyze a Substitute target
- 0 chance to paralyze a target with a type matching the type of the move. 26/256 chance to burn the target otherwise
- If target is paralyzed, its current Speed stat is quartered immediately

PARALYSIS SIDE EFFECT 2

Moves included: Body Slam, Lick

- Can't paralyze a Substitute target
- 0 chance to paralyze a target with a type matching the type of the move. 77/256 chance to burn the target otherwise
- If target is paralyzed, its current Speed stat is quartered immediately
I think you mean they paralyse the target. I've never been burned by any of these moves.

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
For freeze and burn, it does, with only one exception: if the move is normal-type i.e. tri-attack (at this point i'm not sure if tri attack can burn/freeze fire/ice mons).
It can, just checked it. d:6131 (freeze) is called even against Ice Pokémon.

I think you mean they paralyse the target. I've never been burned by any of these moves.
Copy/paste rip. Fixed.

It can, just checked it. d:6131 (freeze) is called even against Ice Pokémon.
Yeah, check out battle command 0xac, which corresponds to tri attack. Battle command 0x18 will be called for a freeze. Notice how Function36e5b would only prevent ice pokemon from being frozen, excluding the normal type from the check.

While we are at it, it seems that freeze can't be inflicted under sunny weather. I personally didn't know that.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
While we are at it, it seems that freeze can't be inflicted under sunny weather. I personally didn't know that.
i also remember that a pokemon will never thaw in rain, but that might just be me making up a corollary to the sunny day behaviour
edit: nope

i also remember that a pokemon will never thaw in rain, but that might just be me making up a corollary to the sunny day behaviour
It seems not. Only sun/freeze. The weather check only exists for the freeze effect.

Updated my research post with Conversion and Haze. Personally, there was some stuff about Haze I didn't know exactly. Not sure if sims implement it perfectly due to all the substatuses involved. I can aslo smell some glitches involving freeze/sleep + hyperbeam/charging move + haze. Will investigate a bit.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
I guess you ought to investigate Rage too if you haven't yet (just off of the info from DragonFlyCave).. sounds like you're doing a fantastic job though :)

I've updated the post with the bug; I tested this stuff in the game and it confirmed my initial thoughts (will make a video tomorrow about this glitch just because). Here's the bug:
Bug: If a Pokemon that was frozen or put to sleep with either Rage, Charging, Bide, or Thrashing About status active is cured Sleep or Freeze by Haze, that Pokemon will be unable to select and use a move for as long as it stays on the field. This applies to Hyper Beam too but only if the status is freeze.

Last edited:
Okay, this bug is as hilarious as it sounds, but it's true, incredibly:

If a Pokemon that has just used Hyper Beam and has yet to recharge (that is, its Recharge status is active) is targeted with a sleep inducing move, any other status it may already have will be ignored (paralysis/burn/freeze/poison) and sleep will be induced regardless. In addition, the sleep inducing move can NEVER miss (not even from a "255").

Will make a video soon.

Update in regards to the Haze glitch. It also applies to Hyper Beam during link battles, but only for freeze, NOT for sleep.

Out of curiosity, does spd/atk lost from para/burn remains after the mon gets the sleep?
Of course. To keep things clear, there's nothing in the game that "reverts" the par/brn stat drops, unless we are talking about reseting or recalculating the stat(s), which occurs after using Haze or after a stat up/down move that affects the stat in question is used, respectively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)