Ability: Friend Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Follow Me
- Helping Hand
- Heal Pulse
- Psych Up

Friend guard reduce the damage your partner receives (so both here), thats the one reason to use it over Clefable. And just like Clefable, it comes with a huge support movepool for doubles in Follow me, Helping hand, heal pulse, encore and knock off, so it can boost damage, redirect and heal while being surprisingly bulky, also psych up is funny with qd, clangorous soul and some other set up options that will make Clefairy much harder to kill and if the partner dies, the next one can copy the boost from Clefairy. Also, as a gen 1 normal type it has an absurd amount of coverage options it can give to its partner, elemental punches, dual wingbeat, meteor mash, meteor beam, flamethrower, ice beam, thunderbolt, etc. etc.

Here's a replay
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8partnersincrime-1643767730-yyonze79lz5c4o4v4fd18aykmo516ixpw
An alternative to Psych Up would be Belly Drum. Have a partner Pokemon with decent bulk, good attack, and good speed or at least priority, and it can become fierce. Friend Guard, Follow Me, and Heal Pulse can effecfively negate the downsides of Belly Drum.

Edit to also not double post:
How does Imprison work in this format?
Oh, and if you’re going to run a healing move, you could always run Life Dew as well, so you don’t waste a turn using your more offensive partners by using Healing Pulse on Clefairy.

Last edited:
Imprison disables the moves it has and its partner’s moves it has during that turn. Move slots don’t get updated between turns so you can't, say, switch in incineroar as an attempt to disable the opponent’s fake out.
Oh wow. I thought that it would be just disabling your own moves. Now that’s way more useful to disable 8 whole moves.

Here is a fun mon to use with set up sweepers:

:rb/clefairy:
Clefairy @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Follow Me
- Helping Hand
- Heal Pulse
- Psych Up

Friend guard reduce the damage your partner receives (so both here), thats the one reason to use it over Clefable. And just like Clefable, it comes with a huge support movepool for doubles in Follow me, Helping hand, heal pulse, encore and knock off, so it can boost damage, redirect and heal while being surprisingly bulky, also psych up is funny with qd, clangorous soul and some other set up options that will make Clefairy much harder to kill and if the partner dies, the next one can copy the boost from Clefairy. Also, as a gen 1 normal type it has an absurd amount of coverage options it can give to its partner, elemental punches, dual wingbeat, meteor mash, meteor beam, flamethrower, ice beam, thunderbolt, etc. etc.

Here's a replay
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8partnersincrime-1643767730-yyonze79lz5c4o4v4fd18aykmo516ixpw

Edit to not double post:
:gs/Dunsparce:
Serene grace is a """Fun""" gimmick to annoy people that only works every once in a while but when it does it destroy friendships
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8partnersincrime-1644131321
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8partnersincrime-1644097637
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8partnersincrime-1644010878
Inner Focus blocks Rock Slide Flinches as well immunity to Intimidate. Someone with Inner Focus and Rock Resist should fit here.

Wide Guard shuts down Rock Slide, also Imprision works too.

Haze resets the Boosts gained from Coil and Speed Boost.

Trick Room makes Speed Boost useless.

Those things can counter Serene Grace in Partners in Crime.

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hello here's a team I wanna showcase since it's been pretty successful.

:perrserker: :stakataka: :diancie: :amoonguss: :cresselia: :volcanion:

Steely Spirit stacks with itself, giving both Pokemon a 2.25x multiplier to steel moves, so lets pair it with Stakataka! Diancie helps provides trick room, an immunity to Intimidate, and a spammable rock STAB for Stakataka as well. Amoonguss is there to help the team live a little longer (and sleep brokey), but Tsareena could work as well here for anti-priority. Cress provides a ground immunity and another Trick Room setter, and Volcanion because a team with only physical heavy hitters suck, but this gives good counterplay vs stuff that the Steel-types don't do well against. It's not a total autowin but 200+ BP Gyro Balls OHKO a lot, even resists. (btw, join this)

Here is a Mew set I’d like to share
:ss/Mew:
Mew @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Imprison
- Tailwind/Trick Room
- Protect
This is the default set but with the noticable difference. This Mew has Imprison, and like Instruct said, you not only Imprison Mew’s moves, but the partner’s moves as well. This is pretty massive since you give yourself potentially 8 moves to Imprison instead of 3 (excluding Imprison itself).
This makes Mew one of the best forms of speed control in the Meta and anti-shenanigans in the meta. Depending on your team, you either make Tailwind exclusive for your team or you completely deny Trick Room.
Additionally, Mew is capable of denying Protect and Icy Wind by default too, which is pretty massive as Protect is essential in this Meta and Icy Wind is yet another form of Speed Control you’ll exclusively have.
The best part is that like I mentioned, you can just deny any move you want. Just literally monopolize Spore, Taunt, Fake Out, Follow Me, ect. since it will work with your partner Pokemon and it will last until you switch out.

Klefki Heatran Coverage
Basically with Heatran seeing such high usage I wanted to completely counter Heatran without having to sack my own to get it off the field. So with Klefki, Heatran can prankster boosted imprison to remove threatening moves such as Earth power, Eruption and Heat wave but with Klefkis moves it can protect from status, boost your own Heatran's Eruption/Heat Wave, and completely nullify Heatrans double ground immunity with magnet rise. Sunny day can fit on more offence oriented teams while metal sound can be used to help remove pesky threats easier. This team would work well with storm drain Pokemon or other supporting Pokemon commonly ran with heatran.
Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Crafty Shield
- Magnet Rise
- Metal Sound/Sunny Day
- Imprison
Heatran @ Charcoal
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
If running Venusaur I would recommend Sunny day over Metal sound.

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Some sets I've been trying to build around!

:genesect::porygon-z:
Genesect
Ability: Download
- U-turn
- Techno Blast

Porygon-Z
Ability: Download

A double Download core that grants Porygon-Z a powerful STAB and a potential +2 boost. Both of these Pokemon have wide movepools and can run a decent variety of moves, so use whatever on them.

EDIT: I misinterpreted how this works and you don't get the double Download boost. It's still a cool core though, and you can pivot into one, or pivot around and get multiple Download boosts, and give PZ Techno Blast.

:clefairy::slowking-galar:
Clefairy @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Follow Me
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Moonblast

Slowking-Galar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 60 SpD
Bold Nature
- Iron Defense
- Slack Off
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind

This is my attempt to replicate demon sets. I haven't perfected this yet, as I'm having trouble making it able to beat tank hits while being immune to Toxic with both mons in order to set up without just being completely walled by the first Dark type I come across (cough Incineroar).

:terrakion::togekiss:
cancer (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Air Slash
- Megahorn

cancer enabler (Togekiss) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Extreme Speed
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute

totally legit core that i totally made with the metas best interests in mind. *flonch*

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
:terrakion::togekiss:
cancer (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Air Slash
- Megahorn

cancer enabler (Togekiss) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Extreme Speed
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
We can do worse.

:terrakion: :persian-alola:
Terrakion @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Stomping Tantrum
- Protect

Persian-Alola @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rattled
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Beat Up
- Icy Wind
- Parting Shot

Move over TerraCott, here comes TerraCAT. With Persian-A's access to Rattled, Fake Out, and Beat Up, Terrakion gets +6 Attack and +6 Speed in a single turn (intimidate notwithstanding) with added safety, as you can get Terrakion to click fake out and disable an opponent's attack. It's pretty good as long as Terrakion doesn't die in 1 hit (or just be free to attack as Persian-A is faster than terrakion and dynamic turn order makes this mon faster post than everything post beat up, but Persian-A really makes Justified Beat Up an incredibly scary team style. I know it was talked about before but at least Intimidate is buffed or this would be too much to handle.

Quick Guard has the same priority as Fake Out (+3) so a Pokemon faster than Persian uses Quick Guard (such as Crobat and Talonflame), that set can screw up Fake Out, also Inner Focus can block Fake Out flinch.

Crobat

Crobat @ Charti Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Quick Guard
- Brave Bird
- Super Fang
- Haze

Talonflame

Talonflame @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Dual Wingbeat / Brave Bird
- Quick Guard
- Tailwind

Lucario

Lucario @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Follow Me
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch

Interestingly, Lucario can have Follow Me to redirect Beat Up and get the Justified boosts.

Magic Guard

Blacephalon Mind Blown when supported can be a high damage Eruption that always has the same power. Alakazam Helps support with moves like taunt and even allows for Blacephalon to setup with Nasty plot to do even more damage.
Blacephalon @ Charcoal
Ability: Beast Boost
Modest Nature
- Expanding Force
- Mind Blown
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
---------------------------
Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast

Grassy Glide Kartana Spam
With Rillaboom being broken as always, it comes with being able to pass on powerful priority attacks onto allies. Kartana gains access to fake out and grassy glide to deal great damage gets U-turn to keep momentum moving. Kartana is guaranteed to OHKO the standard heatran set that doesn't run defense investment. Although if one is running defense investment fake out helps break through and kill it easier. Lastly Drain punch from Rillaboom helps provide reliable recovery for both.
Kartana @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off
- Tailwind
--------------------------
Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Drain Punch

Support Mons
While most of the tier is consisting of 1, 2 punches of Pokémon that synergize well support Pokémon are different here are my picks for what I think are great support options in the tier.

Hitmontop Is a great option because of its utility, with access to moves like wide guard, fake out, helping hand, coaching, and quick guard, It also has the ability to switch into apposing Incineroar's and OHKO with High-Jump kick aswell as do massive damage to both Kyurems. Having access to intimidate aswell makes it great nerfing physical attackers.

Mienshao Is a another great option that can be used instead of Hitmontop with differing support options. While also having access to wide guard fake out and High-Jump Kick, helping hand, coaching, and quick guard. Mienshao although not packing intimidate can pack inner focus to counter kings rock pick up spam, but also can help support physical allies.

Incineroar, Just does Incineroar things

Stonejourner ability to boost the power of allies movies by 1.3x with power spot basically adds life orb power to every move without the drawback of loosing health or your held item. Also boasting stealth rock, wide guard and great natural bulk helps it stay alive and support the Pokémon next to it. Works great with red card

Porygon 2, can be slotted on to a number of teams with its ability to boost Special or Physical damage. Also has the ability to spread recover to other allies to provide healing and paralyze apposing threats.

Volcarona, Normally being an offensive sweeper has great potential to support allies. Being able to pass on moves like quiver dance and roost allows for great boosting and recovery. Rage powder allows for the ally to setup, and flame body gives the opportunity to burn physical attackers that make contact.

Amoongus has the ability to spread a 100% spore to its allies as well as reset stat changes, redirect moves to it using rage powder, heal allies with pollen puff, and finally heal when switching out.

Poke Paste for Move set examples:
https://pokepast.es/1edf55f08b9b95f8

Last edited by a moderator:
Super Luck + Sniper

Super Luck synergises with Sniper very much allowing combos such as Focus Energy and Scope Lens + High Crit Moves for 100% crit chance, Ignoring Screens, Defense and Sp. Defense boosts. with moves such as Sniper Shot, Night Slash, Psycho Cut and much more.

Absol @ Scope Lens
Ability: Super Luck
Jolly Nature
- Night Slash
- Sucker Punch
- Protect
- Psycho Cut / Close Combat
---------------------------
Inteleon @ Blunder Policy
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Focus Energy
- Muddy Water
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball / Air Slash
You can go Physical if you want to help Absol More.
Inteleon @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Focus Energy
- Liquidation
- Fell Stinger
- Aqua Jet

Misc Support Mons

Grimmsnarl can be used to steal Attack and Sp. Attack boosts thanks to Prankster Power Swap. It also has attacking recovery moves such as Leech Life, Drain Punch and Draining Kiss that pair well with Triage. it also has Nasty Plot though.

Corviknight is known to backfire Intimidate with Mirror Armor and other moves such as Icy Wind and much more.

Coalossal Steam Engine can be hard to use, but it yelds amazing results if used properly. It also has Stealth Rock and Spikes too. Tar Shot can be somehow used to make someone weak to Fire while also slowing it down.

Heliolisk, With Solar Power makes special attackers powerful when used in Sun Teams. it has Glare to share and spread Paralysis and Ally Switch to trick someone hitting your ally with ghost type attacks into Heliolisk. Also Weather Ball gives a Potent STAB to Fire type Pokemon on Sun.

Duraludon, with Stalwart can ignore Follow Me and Rage Powder but not Storm Drain and Lightning Rod since they have Immunity. it has moves to share such as Metal Burst and Mirror Coat in conjunction with Sturdy or Focus Sash can take an OHKO.

Eldegoss, with Cotton Down paired with Contrary can be quite powerful and also counters Simple too. It can give Cotton Guard for Body Press strategies, Pollen Puff and Synthesis for HP recovery and Aromatherapy for status recovery.

PokePaste for these example sets:
https://pokepast.es/321a20016dc249a2

I think the last time I played this was around when Trace got banned. I've been building sets and have found a couple of sets for pokemon that are probably overlooked.

:ss/Galvantula:

Galvantula @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Volt Switch

While Galvantula isn't really all that strong in a meta with tons of powerful coverage moves being thrown around like Halloween candy, it DOES have a few things going for it. The main draw is Compound Eyes, making all those less accurate moves much more if not fully accurate. It also adds a few coverage options and can scare out ground types that normally wall electric types by carrying Giga Drain for recovery or Energy Ball for added power. It also has a decent amount of utility options including Volt Switch, Sticky Web, T-Wave, Lunge and even Sucker Punch.

:ss/Chandelure:

Chandelure @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split

Fire Blast and Overheat become fully accurate, and Flash Fire helps Galvantula with Fire types. Bug Buzz hits Dark types while Galvantula can free up one of Chandelures moveslots by taking Energy Ball or Giga Drain.

:ss/Salamence:

Salamence @ Choice Specs
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Hydro Pump

Palika's one weakness besides Fairy types

Salamence has a solid base 110 SpA stat, and some powerful, yet inaccurate special attacks. Choice Specs turns him into a powerful breaker with STAB Draco Meteor and Hurricane, and coverage in Fire Blast and Hydro Pump. It also helps defensively with Intimidate.

:ss/Dragonite:

Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane

Dragonite has the most coverage options of the 3, having access to the above plus Fire Blast, Blizzard and can run Thunder instead of Galvantula. Even with Specs he doesn't hit as hard as Salamence, but he is bulkier, and doesn't trigger Defiant or Competitive upon switch-in. He can also abuse his bulk more with roost, and Multiscale can help Galvantula survive a super-effective attack.

:ss/Flygon:

Flygon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- U-turn

Flygon actually has a lot to give. This set has what I'm gonna call Leviquake. Flygon and it's partner can spam EQ all day long without hitting each other thanks to Flygon passing Levitate and EQ. It also has Dragon Dance so they can sweep, U-turn to pivot and an extra slot that can be Dragon Claw for STAB, or one of many coverage options such as Crunch, Fire/Thunder Punch, Rock Slide or Stone Edge, ETC. It also has solid utility with Priority in First Impression and Quick Attack, Recovery in Roost, and support options in Defog and Tailwind.

But wait, there's more!

Flygon ALSO has a number of moves on the special side such as Boomburst, Draco Meteor, Flamethrower, Earth Power, Giga Drain, ETC. Flygon's rather diverse and large movepool with a great ability to boot. I feel like Flygon can fit a surprising number of roles, and I'm exited to see what people do with him.

Sniper Surging Strikes
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike ability to have a multi-hitting stab guaranteed critical attack makes it threatening by itself, but providing it with sniper from Barbaracle, they both have access to a move that breaks focus sashes, ignores stat changes and can be boosted by other things as well. The moves with all the combinations possible can make it do insane amount of damage against most threats in the metagame. If rain dance is up it is increased by 50%, the crits boost by 2x, and sniper adds on an additional 1.5x to the damage. Basically allowing for you to almost guarantee a KO on a threat or Pokémon that has setup. This is a great counter to simple teams as well because of the ignoration of stat changes.
Barbaracle @ Mystic Water
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Rock Slide
- Taunt
- Swords Dance
------------------------
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Mystic Water
Ability: Unseen Fist
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- Surging Strikes
- Rain Dance

I think the last time I played this was around when Trace got banned. I've been building sets and have found a couple of sets for pokemon that are probably overlooked.

:ss/Galvantula:

Galvantula @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Volt Switch

While Galvantula isn't really all that strong in a meta with tons of powerful coverage moves being thrown around like Halloween candy, it DOES have a few things going for it. The main draw is Compound Eyes, making all those less accurate moves much more if not fully accurate. It also adds a few coverage options and can scare out ground types that normally wall electric types by carrying Giga Drain for recovery or Energy Ball for added power. It also has a decent amount of utility options including Volt Switch, Sticky Web, T-Wave, Lunge and even Sucker Punch.

:ss/Chandelure:

Chandelure @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split

Fire Blast and Overheat become fully accurate, and Flash Fire helps Galvantula with Fire types. Bug Buzz hits Dark types while Galvantula can free up one of Chandelures moveslots by taking Energy Ball or Giga Drain.

:ss/Salamence:

Salamence @ Choice Specs
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Hydro Pump

Palika's one weakness besides Fairy types

Salamence has a solid base 110 SpA stat, and some powerful, yet inaccurate special attacks. Choice Specs turns him into a powerful breaker with STAB Draco Meteor and Hurricane, and coverage in Fire Blast and Hydro Pump. It also helps defensively with Intimidate.

:ss/Dragonite:

Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane

Dragonite has the most coverage options of the 3, having access to the above plus Fire Blast, Blizzard and can run Thunder instead of Galvantula. Even with Specs he doesn't hit as hard as Salamence, but he is bulkier, and doesn't trigger Defiant or Competitive upon switch-in. He can also abuse his bulk more with roost, and Multiscale can help Galvantula survive a super-effective attack.

:ss/Flygon:

Flygon @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- U-turn

Flygon actually has a lot to give. This set has what I'm gonna call Leviquake. Flygon and it's partner can spam EQ all day long without hitting each other thanks to Flygon passing Levitate and EQ. It also has Dragon Dance so they can sweep, U-turn to pivot and an extra slot that can be Dragon Claw for STAB, or one of many coverage options such as Crunch, Fire/Thunder Punch, Rock Slide or Stone Edge, ETC. It also has solid utility with Priority in First Impression and Quick Attack, Recovery in Roost, and support options in Defog and Tailwind.

But wait, there's more!

Flygon ALSO has a number of moves on the special side such as Boomburst, Draco Meteor, Flamethrower, Earth Power, Giga Drain, ETC. Flygon's rather diverse and large movepool with a great ability to boot. I feel like Flygon can fit a surprising number of roles, and I'm exited to see what people do with him.
There also other Galvantula partners as well:

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Rush
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Garchomp has lots of Inaccurate and powerful physical moves such as Dragon Rush with 100 BP. Coverage moves such as Iron Tail and Stone Edge also have 100 BP too. Aqua Tail works too, but you may give up a coverage move to do this.

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power
- Blizzard
- Fire Blast

Nidoking also gives the most coverage options just like Dragonite, Fire Blast, Blizzard and can run Thunder instead of Galvantula. Sheer Force give Galvantula more firepower in change of the secondary effects, but Its more frailer than Dragonite and Salamence, but it isn't weak x4 times to Ice.

Durant @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- First Impression

Durant gets a benefit from Compound Eyes accuracy boost offseting Hustle accuracy modifier, allowing it to never almost miss an move with 100% accuracy. With Choice Band, Hustle and its 109 Base Attack and Speed, its quite an powerhouse steel ant.

Sigilyph @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Heat Wave
- Psyshock
- Protect

Sigilyph has Tinted Lens allowing Galvantula to deal more damage to its STAB resists, also Magic Guard can be used to Help Galvantula deal damage while not suffering damage from its Life Orb and also blocks damage from entry hazards. Other support moves it gives are Roost for Recovery, Calm Mind for More Power, Imprision for sealing Thunder and other of its known moves and Magic Coat for Bouncing back moves such as Stealth Rock, Etc.

Yeah, Hydregion, Victini and Weavile all benefit too, though I'm not gonna post those because I have 2 pairs I want to shares.

Also, Partners in Crime alternative name: Terrible Twos

:ss/Sylveon::ss/Lucario:

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Detect
- Quick Attack
- Wish
- Double-Edge

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Meteor Mash

So SD E-speed Sylveon is one of my favorite sets that I cooked up in January last year for ABC cup, and so I brought it here!
After a SD boost, Sylveon's attack hits 502, so this will do some serious damage, and Lucario loves the fairy coverage to kill Fighting types. Sylveon is rather bulky, but Lucario isn't. Inner Focus is great because of Fake Out and more so Intimidate. Quick Attack in case Lucario goes down, and Double Edge is the nuke button.

So before you see the next pair, I want you to imagine Scizor and his Technician boosted Bullet Punches. Now imagine Kartana doing the exact same thing.

:ss/Scizor::ss/Kartana:

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Dual Wingbeat
- U-turn

Kartana @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Psycho Cut
- Smart Strike

These two will literally punch holes in the opponents team.
I don't think this set needs too much explanation. You can swap Dual Wingbeat for Iron head on Scizor and Smart Strike for Aerial Ace on Kartana for stronger STAB. Leaf Blade can be swapped for Razor Leaf if you want a Technician boosted spread move (with high crit ratio) and Psycho Cut hits Toxapex. This set has huge snowball potential, but it will want Flash Fire and anti-Intimidate support. Also, Clefable and Quagsire hate Grass/Steel coverage so Unaware isn't as threatening.

First, Congragulations to PiC for becoming September's OM.

Second, I want to share this pretty unorthodox duo.
:ss/Mew: :ss/Kyurem-Black:
Mew @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Synchronize
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Imprison
- Tailwind
- Fake Out

Kyurem-Black @ Chople Berry
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icy Wind
- Dragon Dance
- Fusion Bolt
- Protect
This combo's idea is that Mew and Kyurem-B are pretty standard sets, but with some swapped moves that exploit the main mechanic of PiC.
Mew's access to Triple Axel let's Kyurem-Black have a massively improved STAB from Icicle Spear (and plenty of physical attackers would want it too) and Mew additionally has Fake Out instead of Protect. This is actually similar to a set I posted earlier, but modified for the duo. With Kyurem-Black, it's only change is providing Mew with Icy Wind. The main draw is that Mew is the best Imprison user in this Metagame. You Imprison Tailwind, Fake Out, Protect, and Icy Wind due to how PiC works with Imprison. You deny your opponent such tools while letting you keep those tools for yourself. Additionally, Kyurem-Black provides Teravolt and a massively threatening presence with its 120 BP 170 AtK STAB it gets from Mew. It is extremely hard to get the speed control advantage against this Duo.

BoingK

back to the lab again
is a Pre-Contributor
https://pokepast.es/c1027e78511b8a90
New to forums but I wanted to share this doodoo team
The idea is that you use toxicitry (?) and dedenne to get two specs and start tearing everything up with their stab moves. Cresselia for recovery and ground immunity, heatran for steel types, and genesect for funny downloads. Araquanid is interesting, it can trap mons and gives coverage against Heatrans if yours is down. It is the sticky web setter of the team to ensure toxicitry and dedenne don’t get outsped. Tran can also set rocks to chip away at continued switches.

I’m tired so this post isn’t top quality but the team is funny I promise

https://pokepast.es/c1027e78511b8a90
New to forums but I wanted to share this doodoo team
The idea is that you use toxicitry (?) and dedenne to get two specs and start tearing everything up with their stab moves. Cresselia for recovery and ground immunity, heatran for steel types, and genesect for funny downloads. Araquanid is interesting, it can trap mons and gives coverage against Heatrans if yours is down. It is the sticky web setter of the team to ensure toxicitry and dedenne don’t get outsped. Tran can also set rocks to chip away at continued switches.

I’m tired so this post isn’t top quality but the team is funny I promise
When you’re not tired, you should fix your team. Some Pokemon only have 3 moves and others only have no item.

Yeah, Hydregion, Victini and Weavile all benefit too, though I'm not gonna post those because I have 2 pairs I want to shares.

Also, Partners in Crime alternative name: Terrible Twos

:ss/Sylveon::ss/Lucario:

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Detect
- Quick Attack
- Wish
- Double-Edge

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Meteor Mash

So SD E-speed Sylveon is one of my favorite sets that I cooked up in January last year for ABC cup, and so I brought it here!
After a SD boost, Sylveon's attack hits 502, so this will do some serious damage, and Lucario loves the fairy coverage to kill Fighting types. Sylveon is rather bulky, but Lucario isn't. Inner Focus is great because of Fake Out and more so Intimidate. Quick Attack in case Lucario goes down, and Double Edge is the nuke button.

So before you see the next pair, I want you to imagine Scizor and his Technician boosted Bullet Punches. Now imagine Kartana doing the exact same thing.

:ss/Scizor::ss/Kartana:

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Dual Wingbeat
- U-turn

Kartana @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Psycho Cut
- Smart Strike

These two will literally punch holes in the opponents team.
I don't think this set needs too much explanation. You can swap Dual Wingbeat for Iron head on Scizor and Smart Strike for Aerial Ace on Kartana for stronger STAB. Leaf Blade can be swapped for Razor Leaf if you want a Technician boosted spread move (with high crit ratio) and Psycho Cut hits Toxapex. This set has huge snowball potential, but it will want Flash Fire and anti-Intimidate support. Also, Clefable and Quagsire hate Grass/Steel coverage so Unaware isn't as threatening.
Also You can Run Feint instead of U-Turn to hit and Remove Protection and Wide Guard from the opponent side, since they are common in doubles.

Also my version of bullet hell:

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Dual Wingbeat
- Feint

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Swords Dance
- Drill Run
- Close Combat

Technician + Tough Claws can be a deadly combination.
Lycanroc Dusk Form entrusts Accelerock and Drill Run to Scizor, making it fight back at Fire Types. You can even Swap Feint with U-Turn on Scizor if you want. Close Combat hits Steel Types such as Heatran and much more, this set has an swift and deadly potential, but Scizor will want Flash Fire and Lycanroc needs either Water Absorb or Sap Sipper support, Volcarona will not like to see a Scizor Accelerock at its face.

Hello again! This set dump is to celebrate Partners in Crime becoming OMotM (and because I didn't want to wait any longer lol).

Partners in Crime meme name: Partners in Grimer (PiG for short) and the banner would of course have both Grimers on it.

Also, I haven't tested all of these, but some I think might be viable while others are straight up memey which I would LOVE to see some successful replays of.

:ss/Shuckle::ss/Hawlucha::ss/Rillaboom:

Shuckle @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Sticky Web

Hawlucha @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Body Press
- Superpower
- Acrobatics
- Detect

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Jolly Nature
- Grassy Glide
- High Horsepower
- Brick Break
- U-turn

Body Press Shuckle OwO
So I picked Hawlucha to give Body Press to Shuckle because of Contrary allowing Hawlucha to run Close Combat or Superpower over High Jump Kick and Swords Dance so he can set up as he attacks. The downside is the Grassy Seed lowering defense if you aren't careful. Shuckle gives Knock Off which is stronger than Throat Chop if the opponent still has an item, Rock Slide for coverage, Toxic and webs because Shuckle does Shuckle things. I went with Detect because Imprison usually locks Protect (unless it's Transform Imprison crap). Rillaboom has Brick Break for utility, and because the other two already have fighting moves to use.

Let's start off with something spicy.

:ss/Whimsicott::ss/Oranguru:

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 104 HP / 152 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Memento
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Light Screen

Oranguru @ Leftovers
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Def / 96 SpA / 36 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- After You
- Trick Room
- Pain Split
- Psychic

So the gimmick here is Prankster After You + Trick Room. Whimsicott uses After You on Oranguru while he uses Trick Room which causes Trick Room to go up at Prankster Speed. Inner Focus gives a flinch and Intimidate immunity, so the only ways to shut it down are Prankster Taunt, killing Oranguru before After You, Prankster Imprison, or to use Trick Room which will turn it off. Then when you get it up, Whimsicott can Memento to weaken an opponent while Oranguru sets up Light Screen. This was made with Hyper Offense in mind, but it's not necessary.

:ss/Togekiss::ss/Regigigas:

Togekiss @ Scope Lens
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 220 HP / 36 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Roost
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Ball
- Air Cutter

Regigigas @ Leftovers
Ability: Slow Start
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Body Slam
- Knock Off
- Facade

Yes, I am pairing Regigigas with a non Weezing pokemon. Togekiss only cares about the speed drop, so I abandoned the speed EV's to help it live the 5 turns. Togekiss doesn't receive anything (good) from Regigigas with these sets, so it relies on the 60 BP Air Cutter, which is a 95% accurate spread move with a high-crit ratio in conjunction with Super Luck and Scope Lens. Shadow Ball is great neutral coverage and helps kill ghost types for Regigigas. Regigigas gets many wonderful things from our favorite flinch bird. Many wonderful things in the forms of STAB Espeed, reliable recovery, a higher crit ratio, and a threat to fighting types. The higher crit ratio helps with Intimidate spam, and Facade so burns don't cripple him.

Rip the pair that was gonna go here

BEHOLD THE ALMIGHTY... Teatime?

:ss/Polteageist::ss/Trevenant:

Polteageist @ Starf Berry
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Teatime
- Stored Power
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Trevenant @ Starf Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Careful Nature
- Phantom Force
- Drain Punch
- Leech Seed
- Ally Switch

This is another idea from my ABC sets I brought over (Teatime Trevenant). If someone pulls off a win with this, please share the replay with me. Teatime makes all active pokemon eat their berries, and Starf Berry is basically Accupressure. Stored Power blasts through Unaware, Shadow Ball and Phantom Force for STAB and buying time for Harvest to trigger, Drain Punch and Leech Seed for recovery and Ally Switch can make the opponent attack into Protect or Phantom Force. This is the last memey one for this post.

:ss/Absol:

Absol @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brutal Swing
- Detect
- Sucker Punch
- Wish

Absol is unique as it is the only pokemon with access to both Justified and Brutal Swing, allowing it to buff its partner while dealing damage to the opponent. It gets Detect to avoid non Transform Imprisons, Sucker Punch for priority, which you can also use as a sort of Helping Hand, and recovery in Wish. Pair it up with a dark resist such as Defiant Bisharp for optimal effect.

:ss/Regirock:

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Sleep Talk
- Curse
- Rest

So this was in the pair that I was gonna add. I had it paired with Persian-Alola, unaware that Fur Coat doesn't boost Body Press. That said, if the opponent doesn't have a way to stop him, then Regirock is their tombstone. RestTalk + Curse and Body Press can be quite the pressing issue with the right partner. Frosmoth can be great here to enhance is special bulk and Quiver Dance can help with that. Idk how Sleep Talk works in PiC though, so this may pull from it's partners moves too.

Smack Down Psy-Spam
One of the more interesting strategies I've found while experimenting with the format. The whole premise of this is to smack down Articuno so it can use expanding force while also activating its weakness policy. While smack down is being used Articuno can set up psychic terrain. Lunatone is great fo this because of its ability to support Articuno with its own tailwind. Otherwise basically a guaranteed +2 psy spam if you get terrain up. With competitive any Pokémon packing intimidate is almost required to stay out if they don't want to boost its special up to even more. Plus with terrain being manually set it can be reset if a pokemon like Tapu Koku switches in. Lastly passing off earth power from Lunatone makes those pesky electric types even easier to deal with.
Articuno-Galar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Competitive
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Expanding Force
- Shadow Ball
- Air Slash
-------------------------------
Lunatone @ Focus Sash
EVs: 124 Def / 252 SpA / 124 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psychic Terrain
- Smack Down
- Moonlight
- Earth Power

Smack Down Psy-Spam
One of the more interesting strategies I've found while experimenting with the format. The whole premise of this is to smack down Articuno so it can use expanding force while also activating its weakness policy. While smack down is being used Articuno can set up psychic terrain. Lunatone is great fo this because of its ability to support Articuno with its own tailwind. Otherwise basically a guaranteed +2 psy spam if you get terrain up. With competitive any Pokémon packing intimidate is almost required to stay out if they don't want to boost its special up to even more. Plus with terrain being manually set it can be reset if a pokemon like Tapu Koku switches in. Lastly passing off earth power from Lunatone makes those pesky electric types even easier to deal with.
Articuno-Galar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Competitive
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Expanding Force
- Shadow Ball
- Air Slash
Lunatone @ Focus Sash
EVs: 124 Def / 252 SpA / 124 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psychic Terrain
- Smack Down
- Moonlight
- Earth Power
I would use Mew instead of Lunatone. Since Mew is faster than Articuno-Galar, you can set up Psychic Terrain and Tailwind turn 1, then activate the weakness policy with Smack Down before Articuno attacks on turn 2. Also, if you give Articuno Recover instead of Shadow Ball, that frees up a moveslot on Mew for coverage against Dark types.

:salamence::malamar::zeraora::volcanion::cresselia::bisharp:
This team has been doing quite well for me if anyone would like to have some fun with contrary
salamence + malamar is a good lead combo and once malamar gets off a superpower or two it becomes quite bulky

Rock Head Force

Rock Head makes Darmatian not subject to recoil damage, making it Free to Spam Flare Blitz, Aerodactyl who gets benefit from Sheer Force Rock Slide and also can support with Tailwind, Stealth Rock or Wide Guard. Aerodactyl can give Dragon Dance for more firepower and outspeeding faster foes such as Zapdos and many 100+ base speed pokemon. Wide Guard stops Surf, Muddy Water and Water Sprout from eviscerating them both. Zen Headbutt is specially for Toxapex and other Fighting and Poison types.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Fang
- Dragon Dance
- Rock Slide
- Wide Guard
Darmanitan @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
- Zen Headbutt
- Iron Head

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)