Parting Shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
At first I was on the fence on this concept, but then I realized that CAP's been extremely conservative as of late so we'll probably manage to not break it.

So discuss away! Yall know how this works. I'm putting it on a fast track this time because we need to vote on it quickly, so please get discussion in ASAP.

Also I changed the name sorry but the current name was misleading orz.

Name: Parting Shot

General Description: A Pokemon that is defined by its use of the move Parting Shot.

Justification: Parting Shot is another move that's pretty amazing on paper, but its true usage has yet to be fully explored because it's only available to Pangoro. Pangoro isn't the most viable Pokemon in OU, and when I've used it in OU and in other tiers, I have found myself clicking an attacking move more often than not. With the optimal Parting Shot user in the OU metagame, we may be able to tap into this move's potential and figure out how it is best utilized. Maybe CAP 21 will be a pivot that aims to keep up offensive momentum. Maybe it'll use the move like it would use Memento to help a teammate use a boosting move. Maybe it'll do something completely different.

Questions To Be Answered:
- Whether it's pivoting, offensive momentum, Memento-esque support, or something else what is the "ideal" way to use Parting Shot? Why?
- Considering Pangoro rarely finds the time to use the move, how much should a Pokemon be willing to sacrifice another offensive option for Parting Shot?
- What makes Parting Shot different or similar from Volt Switch and U-turn?
- Pangoro is definitely not the ideal Parting Shot user, so what does the ideal user look like?

Explanation: Not a whole lot to say here. Parting Shot is relatively unseen, yet it still ostensibly has a variety of uses. We could make this mon a fast offensive momentum-builder that fits on VoltTurn teams. We can make this mon a supporter that can Parting Shot into your team's win condition. There are many, many ways to go about this concept using just this one move. It would teach us a lot about Parting Shot and introduce a brand new niche in the metagame, which are two things that the CAP Project strives for.

So basically the "Let's Break Gothitelle" concept? The only even moderately thing balanced about Parting Shot is that the only thing that gets it is Pangoro, which is garbage.

I mean, Pangoro doesn't use Parting Shot because it really prefers having coverage for Garchomp and Landorus-T by running Ice Punch. This concept isn't as easy to construct as Naviathan, Stratagem, or Aurumoth because you are trying to make a Pokemon be defined by the usage of a particular move. While you could say that about Volcarona, defining a mon by Quiver Dance is a lot easier to define with than Parting Shot, because you literally have to attempt to make the CAP so it actually wants to run Parting Shot over everything else it CAN do and utilize it effectively.

I agree with the sentiment of the above posters in that CAPs based on Parting Shot will need a very compact movepool so that running Parting Shot is its best shot(so giving it a boosting move seems contrary to the aim of such a CAP); that being said, I think Parting Shot is a unique move that deserves to be explored, and I see the fears of Gothitelle becoming broken as premature(mainly because one can always double-switch, predicting Parting Shot and moving to a mon not crippled by Gothitelle, or something like Bisharp that loves Parting Shot), although I do think that trappers will benefit from this CAP as well.

I'm not going to poll-jump here, but I think Parting Shot is best used against HO or Bulky Offense teams, where any member on the team does not appreciate taking Parting Shot, unlike semi-stall and stall teams, where stuff like the pink blobs really don't care - thus, we should try and construct CAP to be oriented to taking on such teams, either through blazing speed to quickly Parting Shot out to a partner who can take a weakened hit and set-up, or through a lot of bulk and a lack of speed to Parting Shot after a hit(similar to how Scizor can slow U-Turn in). Outside this though, CAP22 can take multiple routes to fulfilling this aim, and there are no restrictions whatsoever on typing or ability.

tehy

Banned deucer.
parting shot could be on any non-stall team

that said, it does seem really powerful. how many offensive teams rely on offensive pressure to reject setup? what happens when this isn't a possibility?

true, memento already does that, but it at least necessitates a sacrifice, whereas parting shot obviously doesn't (at the cost of being weaker, but you get the drift)

Back when mega lucario wasn't banned I used to use pangoro with parting shot to create set up opportunities with it and it was pretty fun. I mean it wasn't exactly that great considering the two mons don't actually synergize all that well, and pangoro is pretty bad, but it was still fun and useful. Considering how frail lucario is it made setting up SD much easier. So I think it would be nice to be able to use a parting shot mon that wasn't crappy.

I'm certainly not any kind of fountain of competitive knowledge, but it seems to me that, perhaps, such a Pokemon as this could potentially be a lure for a set-up Pokemon like Charizard-Mega-X or even just a powerful Pokemon that doesn't (usually) rely on boosts like Mega Ttar or Terrakion (if those are still used, I'm not the most up-to-date on OU usage stats). So, if nothing else, it could get bad defensive typing and high Speed to prevent it from being "broken" and also successfully fill its role as a lure.

Come to think of it, somewhat contrary to the idea NumberCruncher had above, it seems to me that maybe this thing could be used in conjunction with Gothitelle rather than for killing it. It can weaken the opponent and let Gothitelle come in, trap it, and clean up. I guess the "ideal user" in both cases might have the typing and Speed I thought of above? Heh, forgot about the STag ban in OU, so ignore the striked-out portion of this post please.

Last edited:
Well, Shadow Tag is banned in OU now for one, so if we continue making Pokemon for OU we'll likely need to rethink that part.

Well, Shadow Tag is banned in OU now for one, so if we continue making Pokemon for OU we'll likely need to rethink that part.
Yeah... realized that a bit too late after I posted that and have edited it accordingly. And I guess my lure idea is going to have to wait until next cycle to be considered by anybody, considering CAP's in the middle of the Crucibelle playtest.

Something interesting that I noticed is that using Parting Shot on a Magic Bounce/Snatch user lowers the users' stats but switches out the bouncing 'mon. So it could be highly effective as a stopper to Mega Sableye, for example, or Baton Pass shenanigans a la Espeon.

As far as stats go, I would think a physical Glass Cannon type might be interesting, possibly like Aerodactyl? I could see Parting Shot being very helpful in maintaining offensive momentum, as sort of an in and out attacker like Scarfed Landorus T. So on that note, Intimidate, Regenerator, Frisk, Infiltrator, Prankster, Speed Boost, Technician, Natural Cure, or Shed Skin seem like viable options. A fast user of Parting Shot would be very amusing to pair with, say, a Rocky Helmet Ferrothorn/Garchomp.

Regenerator is the obvious choice with Parting Shot, but Intimidate also catches my eye and could patch up some physical defense. Prankster seems to fit with the idea of this mon, and so I can see Prankster Parting Shots being a fun choice. Also possibly a Mono Dark type, and giving it Knock Off?

wulfanator [old]

Banned deucer.
Perhaps a Parting Shot Cleric could work. As stated in a few comments above, Prankster could pair nicely with a Parting Shot user to give the user that priority boost. It would also make wish passing less of a mind game as you would be switching into an opponent who's attack stats would now be lowered by 1. Wish/Protect/Parting Shot

Ooh I didn't even consider Wish as an option. That's actually a really good idea! I'm just thinking about passing wishes onto a threat that can't heal easily on its own, such as Garchomp. That would be murderous and awesome. Even better is if the Garchomp-Wish recipient has Rocky Helmet or was a pokemon with Intimidate. Imagine pairing a Parting Shot/Wish user with a Mega Manectric or a Landorus-T. That would be extremely threatening!

On the Toxic Spike Supreme discussion, I was considering the idea of a pokemon with both Parting Shot and Toxic Spikes. Having Parting Shot could force out a wallbreaker or a sweeper due to the attack drop, and using Parting Shot with Prankster or with a high speed stat could be extremely effective. Using Parting Shot with Wish would make switching in a sweeper or a booster incredibly easy, especially if Stealth Rock or Toxic Spikes is up.

Hypothetical scenario:

---Parting Shot pokemon vs strong electrical attacker, such as Mega Manectric or Cyclohm---

1. Parting Shot pokemon uses Parting Shot and swaps straight out to a Colossoil with a Toxic Orb, for example
2. Cyclohm uses Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt does nothing to Colossoil. Colossoil now has a status effect that will activate Guts
3. Cyclohm is now at a huge offensive disadvantage, and must switch out or risk getting killed by an Earthquake
4. Colossoil can play it safe and use Knock Off on whatever switches in, likely taking off more than half health if it's a neutral hit
OR
4. Colossoil can get a free Pursuit on Cyclohm or whatever, and do huge damage for free
OR
4. Colossoil can Earthquake whatever comes in, although Knock Off would usually be a better option in case of Flying types

Perhaps a Parting Shot Cleric could work. As stated in a few comments above, Prankster could pair nicely with a Parting Shot user to give the user that priority boost. It would also make wish passing less of a mind game as you would be switching into an opponent who's attack stats would now be lowered by 1. Wish/Protect/Parting Shot
Ooh I didn't even consider Wish as an option. That's actually a really good idea! I'm just thinking about passing wishes onto a threat that can't heal easily on its own, such as Garchomp. That would be murderous and awesome. Even better is if the Garchomp-Wish recipient has Rocky Helmet or was a pokemon with Intimidate. Imagine pairing a Parting Shot/Wish user with a Mega Manectric or a Landorus-T. That would be extremely threatening!

On the Toxic Spike Supreme discussion, I was considering the idea of a pokemon with both Parting Shot and Toxic Spikes. Having Parting Shot could force out a wallbreaker or a sweeper due to the attack drop, and using Parting Shot with Prankster or with a high speed stat could be extremely effective. Using Parting Shot with Wish would make switching in a sweeper or a booster incredibly easy, especially if Stealth Rock or Toxic Spikes is up.

Hypothetical scenario:

*etcetera*
All of these ideas, while interesting, just scream, "BROKEN!" to me, although Wish+Parting Shot seems a lot less broken so long as it doesn't have Prankster. Whatever this turns into - if it turns into anything - it should not have Prankster+Wish and it definitely shouldn't have Prankster unless it's slower than dirt or as frail as Deoxys-A (I'm exaggerating, but you get the idea). Toxic Spikes + Parting Shot might be interesting (again, w/o Prankster) to use against Magic Bouncers like Mega-Sab or Colossoil (on the switch-in).

To wrap up, a Parting Shot Pokemon would be really cool, but would need to have imbalanced stats or at least some "fatal flaw" if you will, and for me to wanna give it Prankster it has to not have some other really great status move like Wish or Toxic Spikes, because if it did, it would be BROKEN.

I'm just thinking about my problem with the CAP Tomohawk. Giving that thing Rapid Spin and Stealth Rock and Roost is obnoxious as hell, and I agree that it needs to have some sort of hindrance to limit its potential. I don't even think it needs to have Prankster to function well at all. I'm thinking just a decent speed stat (90-105 or so) would be perfectly fine for most things. In my opinion, the best choices for an ability that would fit well with Parting Shot are:

Sheer Force/Technician (Would be useful for buffing offenses)
Intimidate (With Parting Shot it would absolutely neuter all physical attackers, and would pair very well with Lando-T or Gyarados)
Shed Skin/Natural Cure (Status sponge, would make it a good pivot for predicted Toxic, T-Wave/Discharge, and Scald/Wisp)
Prankster/Speed Boost (Speed becomes mostly irrelevant and you could switch out without fear, along with using whatever evil moves you feel like)
Regenerator (An obvious pick, but could lead to brokenness)
Contrary/Defiant/Competitive (Would be absolutely a nice stop to any stray stat drops or Intimidate or Defog, ala Bisharp)
Unaware (When paired with a good typing, it could be as helpful as Arghonaut and with Parting Shot it would be amazing for cutting down the enemy team's offenses, however Unaware makes no change even if the offense stats are less than one, which would make it less helpful overall if paired with Parting Shot)
Levitate (So many good pokemon are weak to Earthquake. My favorite CAP, Mollux is insanely weak, as is Tentacruel, Bisharp, Fidgit, Diancie, Plasmanta, and Heatran. Getting another ground immune pokemon might be very refreshing, as CAP has I believe all of two; Cawmodore and Tomohawk. Would also ease switching in and not having to worry about Spikes)

Hey solui; you might need to reread the part of this thread about poll jumping because most of your posts in the concept workshop have been that; poll jumping. We're not supposed to figure out the ability at this stage, because we have one already for that; same for competitive moves and typing. What these threads are for are for determining if the concept itself is viable enough to stand on its own weight, and be worthwhile to explore. Poll jumping also applies to moves too, so as cool as Wish + Parting shot would be, now's not the time.

Secondly, the main CAP process doesn't consider older finished CAP products, because those are not meant to influence the main process at all.

Thirdly, please don't try to combine concepts.

Fourthly, we do not modify past CAP products, nor create new CAP products to help the older ones in the CAP metagame.

Alright, my bad. I was operating under the assumption that it's rather difficult to view a single concept in a pure state of abstraction, as abilities, stats, items, and many other variables go in to making a pokemon even partially viable. I'll try and keep my future posts on topic.

Parting Shot

Pros:

Adds Momentum
Hinders Offenses
Doesn't trigger Sucker Punch
Switches out Magic Bouncers
Makes switching-in easier
Good for mindgames
Likely a free switch-out
Stops Hyper/Bulky Offense quite well
Eases prediction on risky switch-ins
Pairs well with other pokemon that have:
* Magic Bounce
* Intimidate
* Rough Skin/Iron Barbs
* Regenerator
* Arena Trap
* Weather Abilities
* Immunity, like Levitate, Flash Fire, Dry Skin
* Rocky Helmet
* Poison Heal
* Guts
* Download
* Gooey
* Justified
* Mummy
* Marvel Scale?
* Rattled?
* Speed Boost
* Static
* Weak Armor?
* Trace

Cons:

Stopped by Taunt
Less useful with low speed
Only one stat-drop per switch-out
Triggers Pursuit if Pursuit-user is slower
Boosts Defiant/Competitive/Contrary
Can accidentally turn Bisharp or Thundurus into a win-con
4-moveslot syndrome
Has less of a detrimental effect on defensive teams
Predicted Parting Shots can be used as a setup with boosting moves

Some Potential Uses:

Pseudo Volt-Turn shenanigans
Force out to Diancie-M, Espeon, and Sableye-M
Switch in wallbreakers and sweepers more easily
Switch in defensive pokemon more easily

Where sacrificing a moveslot might be useful:

Parting Shot user already has decent offensive coverage options
User has STAB on moves that give neutral coverage on most pokemon (BoltBeam, Dark/Poison, etc)
Limited movepool
No boosting moves (already stated above)
Low-power offensive moves
Weak defensive stats merit the use of a move that hinders opponent offense
Team members have weak defensive stats (For example, Hoopa-U or Gengar)
Team members have abilities that benefit from switching in and out often, especially Intimidate and Regenerator

Differences from Volt-Turn:

Vulnerable to Taunt
Forces out Magic Bouncers
No offensive presence
Defensive Momentum
Much more of a team support move
Doesn't trigger Sucker Punch
Not helpful against defensive teams
More useful against offensive teams

Similarities to Volt-Turn

Provides momentum
Weak to slower Pursuit users
Automatic switch-out
Pairs well with the same abilities
Eases switching in
Team support, not meant to be used on its own

Potential Ideal User Attributes:

* Has an ability that benefits the team heavily from switching in and out often
* Is fast enough to make use of the move against prominent offensive threats
* Resists Pursuit or otherwise has an answer to Bisharp/Tyranitar, such as Mach Punch
* Has an immunity to any type, allowing easier switch-ins

Out of all the moves introduced in Gen 6, Parting Shot is the one I am most disappointed wasn't given to more Pokemon (Powder being a close second.)

This seems like even more of a solid concept than most other "build around a certain move" type concepts because Parting Shot is a good enough move to make justifying a move slot worth it, similar to how U-Turn and Volt Switch see quite a bit of usage. Because of this, a concept based around Parting Shot isn't really limited to a few certain roles, since the ability to switch out and weaken the pokemon in front of you does not result in much of, if any, momentum loss. A sweeper could use it to duck out if a pokemon it doesn't particularly like pops up, a defensive pokemon can swap out in the face of something that would otherwise destroy it, a support gets another way to help the team, and a set-up sweeper... Well, if it is getting forced to switch, weakening the 'mon that makes it switch will at least take away some of the sting of losing a boost.

One of the issues I can see with the concept is dealing with the threats list. If the Parting Shot User is fast enough, it can be tricky to keep pressure on, since most pokemon would be weakened by it switching. That said, there should be enough ways for counter play to make a usable threat list that can stick.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What most people dont realise is that while Parting Shot forces out Magic Bounce users, it gives said magic bounce user a free switch. With a fast bouncer like Mega Diancie it can lead to huge momentum gain.

Turn One: Diancie megas and uses Moonblast.

Parting Shotter loses maybe 50%.

Parting Shot user uses Parting Shot. Its stat drops and it gives Mega Diancie a free switch into whatever threatens said User of Parting Shot.

So this CAP should have some way of punishing Magic Bounce users, by either knocking them out or somehow ignoring Magic Bounce entirely, or else Magic Bounce and Rebound users will actually take advantage of it.

What most people dont realise is that while Parting Shot forces out Magic Bounce users, it gives said magic bounce user a free switch. With a fast bouncer like Mega Diancie it can lead to huge momentum gain.

Turn One: Diancie megas and uses Moonblast.

Parting Shotter loses maybe 50%.

Parting Shot user uses Parting Shot. Its stat drops and it gives Mega Diancie a free switch into whatever threatens said User of Parting Shot.

So this CAP should have some way of punishing Magic Bounce users, by either knocking them out or somehow ignoring Magic Bounce entirely, or else Magic Bounce and Rebound users will actually take advantage of it.
Contrary as an ability option might be a thing to help with that, as might Mold Breaker. However, it might be a good idea to let Magic Bounce users and Colossoil to take advantage of it IMO.

Magic Bounce is definitely something to worry about with this concept.

I don't even know if Parting Shot is rebounded by Colossoil, but regardless it's not supposed to influence the process.

But anyway, there are 4 main magic bounce users barring Xatu:

Sableye-M
Diancie-M
Espeon
Absol-M

Absol-M has a very threatening 150 BST attack and 115 speed stat, and can boost with Swords Dance to become an attacking god. HOWEVER, its defenses and health are paper thin and it can't even take a Mach Punch for the most part. It just has so many situations where it is unviable that I don't see it as common or good enough to be used on a standard team.

Diancie-M is in my opinion the biggest threat. It can boost and setup Calm Mind on other teammates of the Parting Shot user, and Moonblast hurts. It's also fast enough to be immediately threatening once mega evolved, but it does have notable weaknesses and a low health stat, and requires the turn to Mega Evolve as its base speed is awful. Bullet punch also straight up murders it. Diancie-M is definitely the big one to worry about with this concept pokemon.

Sableye-M is a slow and defensive pokemon. This speed difference is going to allow Sableye to be checked every time unless it has Fake Out. It can hit with Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball or Knock Off/Foul Play on a switch in, but Sableye-M is going to be hugely threatened by it not being able to Recover.

Espeon suffers from the same problem as Absol-M: it's paper thin. However, Espeon is slightly better at Magic Bouncing than the three megas above because it can be switched in at any time on a predicted status/entry hazard/phazing move, and it also can heal relatively freely with Morning Sun. But Espeon all things considered is rather easy to take on alone, and needs strong team support. Espeon itself really wouldn't even mind being switched out at all.

Diancie is hugely threatened by Steel and Ground types, particularly fast ones like Metagross-M, Scizor and Excadrill. Diancie also has no reliable recovery, and could be whittled down to a KO especially if entry hazards or a Steel/Ground/Water type move is involved. Regardless of which mega is involved, a predicted mega switch-in would be extremely vulnerable to Discharge or Scald because of the high chance of the secondary status effect to proc.

----------------------------------------------
Magic Bounce Threats:

Absol-M (not common at all)
Diancie-M
Espeon
Sableye-M

Solutions:

Mold Breaker
Discharge
Scald
Contrary
Competitive (The best ability solution in my opinion, as Sableye-M can take advantage of Contrary/Defiant using Foul Play)
Defiant
Ground/Steel typing (Diancie-M)
Priority moves/high Speed (Bullet Punch, Mach Punch)
-------------------------------------------------
Discharge seems like the best move solution to me, as it has a high chance of paralyzing. One commonality about the 4 Magic Bouncers above is that they all loathe being paralyzed. Diancie relies entirely on Speed to not be KO'd by any offensive Steel/Ground pokemon, and Absol would be killed by almost everything without too much trouble. Diancie-M could pretty easily keep going fine if it was burned, but not paralyzed. Sableye-M has such a low Speed stat that it becomes almost dead weight against a paralyzing Parting Shot user, because it can't really rack up Calm Minds or heal, or even attack reliably because it can be phazed out and STILL has to worry about being unable to move due to the paralysis.

On another note, Mold Breaker + Thunder Wave is a fine substitution instead of Discharge, as Discharge has only a 30% para rate whereas this has a 100% hit rate but is a less useful ability than other options.

But having a pokemon with Parting Shot and paralysis might be too terrifying to go up against.

Alright, so Magic Bounce seems like it would be a big problem at this point to the concept, mainly due to the way in which it can take advantage of Parting Shot-but what about just making the Parting Shot user really bulky? Take, for instance, a build similar to Chansey/Blissey, e.g. ridiculous amounts of HP. Our parting shot user would be able to switch into many different attacks and act as an aid to a set-up sweeper. In my opinion, this sort of bulk would also circumnavigate the issue of Magic Bounce users, as Parting Shot still forces them out, not allowing them to set up, and the bulk that our Parting SHot user carries would make it so that any damage suffered would be primarily inconsequential.

Questions To Be Answered:
- Whether it's pivoting, offensive momentum, Memento-esque support, or something else what is the "ideal" way to use Parting Shot? Why?
- Considering Pangoro rarely finds the time to use the move, how much should a Pokemon be willing to sacrifice another offensive option for Parting Shot?
- What makes Parting Shot different or similar from Volt Switch and U-turn?
- Pangoro is definitely not the ideal Parting Shot user, so what does the ideal user look like?
With this sort of build the "ideal" way to use parting shot would be to switch into a Pokemon that carries no debilitating status moves (WoW, TWave, etc) at the same time as it not being able to take advantage of the Passing Shot user by setting up in return on it and use Parting Shot. THis then gives opportunities to set up sweeps as a free turn is generated.

With a Chansey-esque build offensive options for the Pokemon should be, imo, limited, as something as bulky as Chansey being a valid offensive Pokemon may end up making Parting Shot a secondary moveset for it. As such, a bulky build such as this would have very little offensive options.

Both Volt Switch and U-turn moves focus primarily on maintaining momentum for a reasonably offensive team or serve to allow opportunities for another Pokemon to come in without taking damage. Parting Shot could be used as either of these things, but if a Chansey-esque build was used it would primarily be used as a set-up opportunity for team-mates.

If Magic Bounce is a huge issue, it can be resolved during the actual CAP process if it is decided to be dealt with. Also the method in which this CAP would deal with said Magic Bouncers would depend on the type of pokemon we go with.

The question regarding what separates Parting Shot from U-Turn/Volt Switch does appear to have been answered before, so let me talk about the other questions in better detail.

- The ideal way to use Parting Shot would probably be to pivot out of a major threat, helping the switched in pokemon take less damage.
- If Parting Shot can force a switch, then the loss of a coverage move is easier to justify, since you are able to switch it out with less loss of momentum.
- Finally: In my opinion, it is probably a Pivot with a good/great speed tier that would make an ideal Parting Shot Pokemon. Being able to swing into an attack that a partner may have issues with before pivoting out to something that can take a -1 attack on whatever switches in,provided Parting Shot CAP cant deal with it too well, seems the best way to go. Pangoro's main issue is the fact that it is too slow to be able to use Parting Shot to switch out and avoid an attack that would otherwise deal severe damage. It has a decent defensive typing (faries make it wish it was a Gen 5 pokemon though) but the mediocre defenses mean it cant take repeated punishment too well. Pangoro isnt meant to be a real defensive force, though, and it does have fairly good offensive pressure.

Last edited:
How is Magic Bounce a problem lol

If they're boosting and you use parting shot on them THEYRE FORCED OUT and lose boosts. Yeah the parting shot mon gets its stats decreased, but it's a pivot, it isn't like it isn't going to switch out lol, and it has parting shot to switch out if it's faster than the threat brought in.

MAMP

MAMP!
imo, the biggest danger with Parting Shot isn't Magic Bounce but Bisharp, which can come in and get a free +3 on it. Ideally a CAP based around abusing Parting Shot shouldn't give free switches into Bisharp; making it ground/fire/fighting type so it can offensively threaten Bisharp seems like the best solution to this

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
How is Magic Bounce a problem lol

If they're boosting and you use parting shot on them THEYRE FORCED OUT and lose boosts. Yeah the parting shot mon gets its stats decreased, but it's a pivot, it isn't like it isn't going to switch out lol, and it has parting shot to switch out if it's faster than the threat brought in.
Because Magic Bouncers literally gain a free switch into something that threatens the Parting Shot, stealing momentum from you. And if the threat is faster than you, you have to give up momentum, basically killing its purpose in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)