Invalid Parallel Metagames for Terastallization

Hey there, so most of us are expecting the new Terastallize-gimmick in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet to be absolutely broken and that is definitely fair, given the information we have about this new mechanic so far.

Since to me Terastallizing feels like a mechanic that allows for tons of freedom and creativity in teambuilding, I want to suggest creating two parallel tiering systems for Gen 9 competitive play.
Basically, my idea would be making two versions of the tiers OU, UU, RU, NU, PU, and ZU. One that allows allows Terastallization and one that doesn't.
I believe that this would not only make the highest amount of players happy, as they could simply choose to play with or without the new mechanic, but it would also be interesting to see how both versions of the tiers and their metas evolve.

Obviously this idea is purely based on our current information about Terastalization and my assumptions. If the games come out and the new mechanic isn't actually as broken as a lot of people think, there would be no real reason to create these parallel tiers. However, if it ends up being too strong, I think it would be a shame to see such an interesting mechanic be banished to AG.

Please let me know your thoughts about this! Maybe you have some ideas to improve upon this concept.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)