Hobbies OVERWATCH 2 DISCUSSION THREAD

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
1666923578210.png

Decided to update my list since it's been a few weeks and I've played a lot more. Most notably and unsurprisingly, Zarya moves to S tier as the unstoppable force in any rank. She needs a longer bubble cooldown / slower charge, maybe even a mix of both. Sojourn moves to S as well, she's quite honestly Solider.. on steroids. She can quite consistently 1v5 if you play your cards right and is the staple pick for almost all good DPS players right now. Her railgun needs to charge slower. Also mixed on the fact that she can charge it on shields. I don't think that should be a thing, or at least it should charge WAY slower than it currently does.

Some other notable changes include Orisa moving up alongside Winston and Sigma, I underestimated her a bit at first, probably because I was still learning how to play her all over again. But she is very very solid and a lot more enjoyable to play than she was in OW 1. I also will admit that Junker Queen is better than I previously gave her credit for, BUT not by much. I swapped her with Doomfist because while his survivability is fine enough if you're hitting all your cooldowns, he just doesn't do anything during that time period. He kinda just flops around like a fish out of water. Also the fact that his power block doesn't block sleep dart? Are you kidding??

TLDR nerf D.VA, Zarya, Sombra, Sojourn, Genji (DPS passive) / buff Doomfist

Scarfire

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
20221028_213359.jpg

Turns out a lot of the leaked changes were real. This is such a horrendous patch incoming.

Sombra nerfs are welcome but they still let her have invisihack which i simply dont understand. It by nature is uncounterable and I dont care how much they nerf the hack effect, the ability simply shouldnt function that way.

Dva nerf is okay, Zarya nerf is good. Kiriko nerf is very much nothing but thats absolutely fine.

Genji. Oh boy. Listen, I have some severe bias as a Genji player obviously but its beyond enraging when my hero gets to spend 3 weeks being strong (not broken, strong) whereas shit like hitscan, goats, double shield etc had years to settle. These nerfs dont just weaken Genji down to where the other DPS are, this is a hard destruction of the hero and hes frankly dropping straight to C tier. I dont understand blizzards hate boner for Genji, but whatever. Will simply abuse the unnerfed Sojourn out of spite.

Ramattra is a good pick, I knew it would be a tank from the get go even before the video came out. Tbh I even thought it would be Mauga initially, but this hero is also a fine pick. Overall I’m excited to see what he can do, unfortunately I’ll probably not get him cause he’s probably BP locked (hopefully they fix that in the future with newer heroes) and cause I’m not really a tank main to begin with.

Scarfire

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
New hero looks dope however a month remains until we get him then u either grind for days or buy him because funny monetization, but all that aside his abilities and design are fire and def looking like a new main.

Also I wanted to quickly say the new ranked system is dogass I hate waiting like 10 or so games to see my shit go up 1 or not move at all. I understand taking sway the anger of losing, but theyve also taken away the happiness of winning. Emotionless ranked

Ya this whole thing of battle pass system is not good at all, I mean I have the battle pass and that’s only because I played OW1 and I guess those who did play are given the pass due to that.
Another thing I dislike is you’re forced to buy the full pack despite only wanting the skin for a certain character, I haven’t tried comp yet but I already know I’ll probably not like it too much. Still though despite this I’m still enjoying myself playing it just cause I like the gameplay experience ~~minus sombra~~.

Scarfire

MPL Champion
Ya this whole thing of battle pass system is not good at all, I mean I have the battle pass and that’s only because I played OW1 and I guess those who did play are given the pass due to that.
Another thing I dislike is you’re forced to buy the full pack despite only wanting the skin for a certain character, I haven’t tried comp yet but I already know I’ll probably not like it too much. Still though despite this I’m still enjoying myself playing it just cause I like the gameplay experience ~~minus sombra~~.
They recently made it so you can buy the skins seperate from the bundles...you know, days after people already caved and spent extra on the shitty bundles they dont care for. Didnt refund them btw.

Best part is, if you go in the shop and into a bundle, and click on a skin u wanna buy seperately, it tells you that you cant. It HIDES this from you intentionally. You have to go into Hero Gallery and find the skin there to buy it seperate.

Absolute scumbaggery at its finest. This game could not have been more clear about its greed.

Overwatch 2. Something that never needed to happen. I liked the idea of them rebranding in order to draw in a new player base. I liked the idea of making it free to make it more available to everyone. I even liked the idea that they added in a battle pass! Even though a battle pass is normally not a great sign. But, what I can not stand, Is the greed. It's now so much harder to grind out currency, any new players have to grind to be able to use most of the characters, the new new characters even the original players have to grind out the battle pass to unlock them(which I'm not totally against, there should be some grinding), and a good chunk of everything they add is going onto the paid battle pass. I'm totally down to grind to level 80 on a battle pass, but what's the point when I can't get the majority of the items due to my unwillingness to pay blizzard any more money. I absolutely loved the first Overwatch, it was pretty much perfect. Of course there's no such thing as "Perfect", but it was a game that a whole community loved and devoted countless hours to, It was good enough. Then, they went money hungry. Made the game free to draw in as many people as possible, hyped it up as a way to make it more "accessible", and when the moment finally came and everyone was ready for a new era of Overwatch, they stomped on our hopes as they through accessibility out the window. I wont even touch anymore more on the phone number incident than this, because enough has been said about that and I'm sure they'd like everyone to forget. To summarize, Overwatch was a titan of a game, with a following that thought it was timeless, but just as we've seen with many other games in the past years, greed is the true evil, and it will be the end to any company that strays to close to the sun, hoping for a little more profit.

Game companies should absolutely be making money, of course. But if their margins start to slip, they should explain this and make choices that benefit both them AND their player base. It sounds impossible but honestly if original Overwatch displayed a message when it launched saying something like "We love Overwatch and the community that makes it possible, but with tough times and sales drooping we need a better form of income to keep the game running, which is why we've added a cosmetic only battle pass for those players who want to support their favorite game and show it off with style." that would have been great! Instead of putting up a façade saying they have the community's best interests in mind then turning around and defecating on dedicated and new fans alike.

Oh and what's with the sudden spike in players losing their accounts? Lifelong players suddenly need to merge their accounts, then when they comply they lose all their years of progress, just for the support system to tell them sorry to hear that we'll let someone know, then mark them as a solved "Issue". It hasn't happened to me personally, thank goodness, but I have a handful of friends experiencing the issue along with countless posts online with seemingly minimal response or care from Blizzard.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
How do y'all feel about Lifeweaver? I really like his kit but my major issue playing with him is that he's so easily dove; his platform is usually not a good enough escape option and his little dash is really only good for juking Winstons. Beyond that his healing actually feels decent and gripping clutch saves feels very rewarding

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
I haven't played with him too much yet but my initial impression was that he's extremely clunky and a bit confusing to learn, mainly because of all of his abilities and the fact that the buttons for them are all over the place. Thankfully it looks like he's getting a controls update next week so that's good. His healing is pretty underwhelming and takes some time to charge up, but I'm fine with him being more geared towards utility or damage rather than a ton of healing. Life Grip is situationally great.. it has a lot of troll potential, but I think Blizzard can rectify that by letting the player being pulled have the option to cancel the ability at any time if need be. Rejuvenating Dash is worse than I thought it would be originally; it could benefit from a bit more distance. Petal Platform is the real star of his kit. You can enable your teammates and lots of combos with it and it's funny to see what people come up with.

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How do y'all feel about Lifeweaver? I really like his kit but my major issue playing with him is that he's so easily dove; his platform is usually not a good enough escape option and his little dash is really only good for juking Winstons. Beyond that his healing actually feels decent and gripping clutch saves feels very rewarding
I've typically been only playing Lifeweaver in specific scenarios like having a Brigette to prevent dive (because of is poor way of defending himself. I played a lot of Brigette on support and I think in comparison it was more focused for me practicing positioning rather than being able to directly hit shots. It's sort of like an easy character game guide but he can have a lot of devalue by just being a health pack the entire game. It can save your team against a good bit of ults like Zarya's Gravition Surge. In each game tho I think there is some niche but I do admit Lifeweaver's "niche" isn't as impacting as other supports in this meta because rn I was forced to play Ana and egregiously edit my settings with the Mauga launch.

I tested Venture here I think their ultimate is pretty amazing. The kit looks like it could go on a mixture of compositions but you can do a lot of burst damage, generate shields, and escape with your Burrow. Melee is a little situational and I think that may be the part that needs consistency on the player the most because melee'ing surprisingly matters a lot and being locked in the cooldown gives you some downtime before doing something else.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I've typically been only playing Lifeweaver in specific scenarios like having a Brigette to prevent dive (because of is poor way of defending himself. I played a lot of Brigette on support and I think in comparison it was more focused for me practicing positioning rather than being able to directly hit shots. It's sort of like an easy character game guide but he can have a lot of devalue by just being a health pack the entire game. It can save your team against a good bit of ults like Zarya's Gravition Surge. In each game tho I think there is some niche but I do admit Lifeweaver's "niche" isn't as impacting as other supports in this meta because rn I was forced to play Ana and egregiously edit my settings with the Mauga launch.

I tested Venture here I think their ultimate is pretty amazing. The kit looks like it could go on a mixture of compositions but you can do a lot of burst damage, generate shields, and escape with your Burrow. Melee is a little situational and I think that may be the part that needs consistency on the player the most because melee'ing surprisingly matters a lot and being locked in the cooldown gives you some downtime before doing something else.
After the buffs I find Lifeweaver has quite a good amount of sustain and isn't as easily dove as I originally found him to be, comparable to Mercy probably as it always feels like you're the last man alive. He feels way stronger on certain maps just due to being able to command high ground, especially like Numbani and Dorado. A year in and I like his place in the game; it's nice to see that he's not just viewed as a gimmicky troll character.

Excited to try Venture myself; hopefully they're a more unique character concept than "what if tank go brrr?" Mauga

After the buffs I find Lifeweaver has quite a good amount of sustain and isn't as easily dove as I originally found him to be, comparable to Mercy probably as it always feels like you're the last man alive. He feels way stronger on certain maps just due to being able to command high ground, especially like Numbani and Dorado. A year in and I like his place in the game; it's nice to see that he's not just viewed as a gimmicky troll character.

Excited to try Venture myself; hopefully they're a more unique character concept than "what if tank go brrr?" Mauga
This is a dead conversation but paladins had a very similar design to mauga released a couple of years ago which was a tank with a charge ability and miniguns and got free shields for basically just existing. I hated that dude and was partly right about Mauga being broken too. My favorite new character designs for this overwatch 2 phase are junker queen, lifeweaver, and ramatra. Never got the hand on illari but I'm sure she's fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)