SV OU Overgrow Meowscarada Hazard Stack-Peaked #1(2042)(Ft.Jolly Volcarona)

Who Is The Best Tera Abuser In OU Currently?

• Dragonite

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • Garganacl

Votes: 36 41.9%
  • Chien-Pao

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Dragapult

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Volcarona

Votes: 8 9.3%

• Total voters
:sv/meowscarada::sv/garganacl::sv/gholdengo::sv/great tusk::sv/volcarona::sv/dragonite:
Hello everyone! I am back with my second ever rmt and its with this busted :meowscarada: team I created when I was bored of building and losing with gimmick teams,now before I start I know you guys are questioning why the title has jolly volcarona,lemme explain why:ITS CUZ ITS PHYSICAL VOLC! nah jk,its cuz i just put jolly on volc by mistake over timid when i was laddering and got #4(2023) with and no this wasnt a one off scenario,i swear i have done this by mistake so many times this gen that I have used jolly volc more than timid xD,anyways with this aside lets start of with the rmt!

Table Of Contents
1.Proof Of Peak
2.Teambuilding Process
3.Pokemon Description
4.Threats
5.Replays
6.Conclusion
7.Importable

1.Proof Of Peak

jam 1 .png

This Peak Was gotten by mencemeat aka Jamvad on vid :)
I myself got to #4(2023) with this team but didnt take a screenshot

2.Teambuilding Process
:meowscarada:
So the team started off with the idea to use meowscarada as a spikes stacker since I felt it wasnt explored at all and with knock off which is very limited this gen paired with high speed and u-turn I knew it would do a fantastic job
:meowscarada::garganacl:
I decided to go a hazard stack route with meow so I now wanted rocks and garganacl fit perfectly for the role,it not only sets rocks but also dealt with chien-pao and dragapult which are the only two things faster than this mon
:meowscarada::garganacl::gholdengo:
Obviously no hazard stack is complete without gholdengo this generation and this was no exception,this also worked fantastic as gholdengo abuses the passive mons that come on meowscarada defensively and helps against garganacci,the big bad devil of ou
:meowscarada::garganacl::gholdengo::great tusk:
now with gholdengo and garganacl,tusk was my next choice because I knew from experience that those three form a very good core and adding tusk will allow me to have a hazard removal option myself
:meowscarada::garganacl::gholdengo::great tusk::volcarona:
For the fifth mon I added volc,it helps deal with gholdengo which the aforementioned defensive core struggles with and is overall an extremely fantastic mon spreading burns and works as an extremely good defensive and offensive sweeper pokemon at the same time
:meowscarada::garganacl::gholdengo::great tusk::volcarona::dragonite:
For last slot,I added dragonite since it gave me ground immunity and another reliable sweeper pokemon which can be used defensively

3.Pokemon Description

:sv/meowscarada:
Bastet (Meowscarada) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Overgrow
Tera Type:
Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flower Trick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Spikes

When I was initially thinking for the team I knew I would want overgrow meowscarada over protean since early gen when I was using meowscarada I really hated how protean got rid of stab on one of its other move when used and found the combination of overgrow flower trick with knock off,uturn and spikes the ultimate killer combination for a spikes pokemon.Now while this may have sash it doesnt need to be ur definitive lead and ususally dont sack it for just 2 layers of spikes,meow has much more potential than that and you will find urself getting far more than value than you would of thought with this mon.For the tera typing I initially had grass for even stronger flower tricks but never ever found myself wanting to tera it and the rare times I wanted to tera it,I wanted it to be ghost to prevent spin and be immune to fighting moves.
NOTE:Flower trick is a non contact move so when you are at 1% due to focus sash you can still spam overgrow boosted flower tricks freely without worrying about rocky helmet or rough skin!

:sv/garganacl:
Mav's Eater (Garganacl) @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type:
Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 56 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Salt Cure
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Protect

There Isnt Much that I can say for this pokemon other than the fact that its extremely good and even with covert cloak gholdengo running around everywhere it is still extremely effective at what it does,since this team has two knock off users and hazard stacking this pokemon becomes extremely deadly late into the game once hazards are up,oppo's lefties is knocked and sometimes their covert mons get knocked off too.The Spdef on this is to live a make it rain from max hp max def gholdengo which is used in stall teams.

:sv/gholdengo:
Chrysus (Gholdengo) @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type:
Flying
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 48 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain
- Nasty Plot
- Recover

This is currently one of the best garganacl checks in the meta and blocks defog and rapid spin which is invaluable to a hazard stack team.Its natural bulk with these bulk evs lets it tank a variety of hits and abuse passive mons very easily,this pokemon is also very difficult to switch in to.With tera flying you can wall clodsire forever and even if its the poison jab variation you have covert cloak so you cant be poisoned and they cant toxic since even if you have lost your steel typing you still have good as gold protecting you from all status moves and this becomes your main win con against stall,to beat clod just go for nasty plot to +6 so no other pokemon can come in and start shadow ball spamming fishing for drops,tera fly also helps against great tusk and is neutral to all the moves the people usually go for against gholdengo.
This goated spread I created allows you to live crunch from tera dark jolly band chien after tera,also lives Pyro from ace without tera/two pyros after tera and also lives 2 eqs from clod And speed for tusks,you also live any one hit from non tera boots chien.

:sv/great tusk:
Tukuthy (Great Tusk) @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type:
Water
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 164 Def / 80 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Bulk Up

This mon is your physical attack sponge paired with garganacl,it can get rid of hazard pretty effectively and if opponent doesnt wanna let go off the hazards they set they would have to risk gholdengo getting its covert cloak knocked off which is invaluable for us since now there will be nothing stopping garganacl.BU tusk is an extremely solid sweeper on its own which comes into use late into the game when opponents pokemon are chipped and knocked and this allows you to beat pokemon such as non hurricane dragonite and non acro roaring moon pretty comfortably(be careful of the trapper taunt roaring moon tho) and other such mons.Tera water is to help against rain,rotom wash's pump,make it rain from gholdengo and is an extremely good typing in general.The speed allows you to creep opposing tusk which run 229 to outspeed iron treads after a rapid spin and16 atk allows you to have 50% chance to kill scarf gholdengo at neutral.

:sv/volcarona:
Sunburst (Volcarona) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type:
Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fiery Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Quiver Dance
- Morning Sun

This is my most spammed pokemon of this generation and for a good reason,it not only acts as a very effective sweeper but also as a very effective defensive pokemon,with flame body and wisp,this a burning machine which allows for very easy setup and playing for rest of the mons,wisp allows it to beat pokemon like roaring moon and dragonite who often hard come in on this mon thinking its free setup only for them to get wisped,this is also the teams gholdengo switchin;the speed is to outspeed volc creeping the 301 speed volc and tera fairy is cuz its the best typing helping it against chien-pao's crunch,banded dragapult,banded dnite outrage and many more such moves.

:sv/dragonite:
Shenlong (Dragonite) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type:
Normal
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

This pokemon is one of the best sweepers in the meta right now and with roost it allows it to setup on a lot of defensive pokemons to +6 and then cleaning the game,due to this team's unique characterestic of having double knock off users and hazard stacking chipping all of dragonite's checks is very easy which leads to very easy endgame dragonite sweeps one such common example is washtom,a lot of ppl like to bring rotom on tusk predicting eq/spin/bu to get free wisp/hydro off but if u knock it on that turn now it loses its lefties so it cant heal for the rest of the game and it has to take rocks everytime it has to come in again,this is also the teams backup gholdengo switchin in case something happened to volcarona.The speed on dragonite is to outspeed iron treads after a dd and rest is in hp.

4.Threats
:sv/volcarona:
Opposing volcarona can often be big threat to this team after terastalising into some other type,if its the tera grass set then dragonite handles it very easily but things become a bit problematic against the will-o-wisp set which we are running too,since our volc is creeping a volc creeping volc we should basically always be outspeeding opposing volc letting u win the setup war against it and the opposing volc can also be stopped from winning by proper play and switching to not give it free turns.You can also use tera on tusk and sash on meow to help chip it for dragonite to espeed kill it,another way I like to deal with it is to create situations where opponent would have to tera another mon after which volc will no longer be a threat,but ye if you dont play carefully you will lose to it.

:sv/dragapult:
The team can very easily handle all dragapult sets except the new set thats been rising in popularity recently which is sub dd dragon darts and tera blast ghost with leftovers ,this set lets it beat garganacl.So against this i suggest as soon as u see leftovers or substitue go to tusk and prevent it from setting up and keep tusk healthy since it can still tank it decently well to handle it,and if oppo prolongs the game too much to the point where tusk gets very low then you have to play aggressively and position volc against pult to wisp it.

:sv/espathra:
This mon with a slow sub pass from orthworm could be really problematic,other than having volc or dnite already bit setup to handle it ur main other source of counterplay to it is gholdengo,bring gholdengo hard on the turn where orthworm is passing sub to espathra and then click shadow ball to break sub and then nasty plot twice as they setup with calm mind,you will live a +3 cm +3 speed stored power and hit back with make it rain,another option is to preserve the sash on meowscarada and break sub with gholdengo and then just hard into meow since they normally will never attack gholden just at +1 or do the gholdengo sequence if gholdengo isnt important in that match and then go for the overgrow boosted flower trick into tera normal dnite espeed which will kill espathra.So ye overall espathra is managable as long as u position properly/know what to do,but with a couple wrong plays it could easily sweep.

:sv/ceruledge:
The tera bug bu taunt set is extremely problematic for the team,against this you have to position so that it doesnt get to come in for free on volcarona and double to dragonite predicting it and hit it hard,if this pokemon sets up to even +2 without taking dmg its game so be extremely careful against it,this is a pokemon that the team has next to no counterplay for except what i mentioned which still isn't even that reliable so against a good player its usually a loss when facing it,but obviously no team is perfect and they all have some weakness,and ceru isnt used that much anyways so you should be fine.

5.Replays
All the replays will be vs oppo in 1800's or higher:

Vs Offensive Tusk:https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1772872663-2zvi6iudqtalsk7sd9v551np3bsezktpw
Vs Standard Dnite ace team:https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1776827042-gwrzmr6ja9otevrn4kdgaaew651a3drpw
Vs Scream tail: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1776709129-d8t98ds74yg71pekj1ge2azmhexdijkpw
Vs Tauros-Fire:https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1775938021-7rhemfo3mu04vn6dxpkskjgol4tf201pw
Vs HO: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1775925521-0ne84e9c8bsonp11dm99z0tod0qkw8qpw
Vs Iron Moth: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1774196182-kou9jmxqa2hdo048ta8kye038c64fj1pw
Vs Opposing Meowscarada:https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1774027352-5ymcltprb53bby67lc8mbo3pe28npiepw
Vs Triple Dragon: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1773126065-9xpnyao6e2mq99g2mdru5bn4172kfrxpw

6.Conclusion
Overall this team is extremely solid and has positive matchups against almost everything or some resource for bad matchups making it a very good and consistent team and peaks aside me and my friends have gotten to 1900+ extremely easily with it multiple times too,since aim did a vid with my team and jam got 1 with it,i have been fighting my team everywhere lol and have got a good bit of dms saying how they appreciated the team and how its helping them ladder to which I wanna say a big thank you,I feel very happy when I get dms like that :)
Hope you enjoyed this rmt and the team and hope to do lets more this gen as the meta progresses.

7.Importable
My Version with which I got to #4(2023): https://pokepast.es/b674d5b3bbac15c7
Jamvad's preferred spreads with which he got to #1(2042): https://pokepast.es/b20abce7ad6bb0dc

Last edited:
Your team lacks reliable speed control, with all of your threats being fast. This might be a weird thing to consider, but scarf :great tusk: might be interesting?

Anyways, my point is to stick a scarfer, or at least :dragapult: on the team somewhere.
This prob won't be useful since tusk's roll is a defensive Mon but it's something to consider I hope.

Your team lacks reliable speed control, with all of your threats being fast. This might be a weird thing to consider, but scarf :great tusk: might be interesting?

Anyways, my point is to stick a scarfer, or at least :dragapult: on the team somewhere.
This prob won't be useful since tusk's roll is a defensive Mon but it's something to consider I hope.
Not rlly,as u said urself tusks role is defensive so scarf doesn't suit and scarf tusk is ass anyways u get way more sweeps with bu
Also the team doesn't need speed control,it very easily handles :chien-pao: and :dragapult: the only two things faster naturally and team handles setup mons too also team has priority espeed and 3 of the 6 mons also have speed boosting move to make up for it

Last edited:
Nice team! I have a really similar team I've been working on, but I'm wondering why you don't have t-spikes on your team? Despite the fact that it's the worst hazard by far, the ability to nullify the passive recovery of pokemon like ting-lu, bulky tusk, epsathra, etc. is too valuble for me to cut.

Nice team! I have a really similar team I've been working on, but I'm wondering why you don't have t-spikes on your team? Despite the fact that it's the worst hazard by far, the ability to nullify the passive recovery of pokemon like ting-lu, bulky tusk, epsathra, etc. is too valuble for me to cut.
Now, I’m not the guy who made this team, so take it with a grain of salt, but imo, t-spikes are kind of mid, because there are actually quite a bit of good poison types to absorb them, and commonly team will only have 1 or 2 Pokémon that are actually affected by t-spikes, thanks to the fact that steel types, garganacl, and boots mons don’t care at all about them. Plus, there aren’t many good t-spikes users; clod and pex are very passive, and Glimmora is kind of weird, unless you want to run scarf. Especially on this team, which already has 2 strong sweepers, r-spikes are unnecessary

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)