Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v4 (CLOSE)

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Approved by: Team Pokepals
Teambuilders: DennisEG , Analytic , bludz , Nedor (another one in our hearts) , p2 (in our hearts) , Team Pokepals , Clone. , jacob (in our hearts), starry blanket , rob. , urban , FlamingVictini , Steve Angello , Halcyon , AM (In our hearts :toast:) , Koiro. , Hector Hard Mode , daddy's kisses , H.M.N.I.P
Art: NicoReaper

Go ahead and tell NicoReaper how sick this art looks.

Hello everyone! This thread has been passed down from generation to generation, starting with Trinitrotoluene 's first workshop, followed by Analytic 's second workshop and then Halcyon 's with the previous version of the workshop. Thank you guys for starting and hosting this fantastic resource!. Now, I have the pleasure to host the Fourth Workshop thread accompanied by the teambuilders mentioned above. The goal of this thread is to have a place where you can ask experienced users for help creating a team around a core or Pokemon you may have had trouble building with, saw on the forums, or are generally curious about, and one of us can reply with the team as well as the teambuilding process we had so the original requester can see how the team developed and get ideas on how to build their own teams in the future. Anyone is allowed to post here no matter how experienced or inexperienced a battler you might be, and even if you don't have a core idea of your own, you can search in the Good Cores thread so you dont post a non-viable core.

Rules:

• Have a one paragraph description with the set / core you want us to build around and a slight idea of what kind of team you want the end result to be. Also, actually have the set(s) you want us to use in your post. This makes the process of building teams faster for all of us here.
  • Do not post asking us to make use of uncompetitive Pokemon. This is not a competition to see how good we are at teambuilding; this is us trying to educate people on what is good and how to build effective teams.
  • Do not delete/edit your post once you've posted, as it difficult trackin it.
  • Note that we have the right to decline any core request if we deem that it isn't viable or worthy enough to build around, please keep that in mind.
  • Do not flame people for asking for a certain Pokemon or that they can't build one themselves.
  • Please don't nag anyone of us to build fast, etc. We will try to make teams that are the best and it does take time so please keep patience :toast::pimp:
  • I'll close the thread to requests after a week Open, and then Reopened when at least 60% of the cores are posted into teams.
  • You are free (and highly encouraged) to suggest and post changes / critiques you've made to already posted teams that you feel improve them.
  • However, you are not allowed to post your own teams here to have us modify them. We're here to build new teams, not modify older ones. If you want your own teams critiqued and modified, post them in the RMT forum, not here.
  • Only one request per person, or only one core per person. You may post a new request if your old post isn't in Unclaimed Request or is just dropped, or if your team has been built.
  • Don't post a core if the workshop is closed.
  • If you want a team with a Pokemon below or in the C+ rank of the OU Viability thread here your request must be only that single Pokemon; For example if you want a team around Hawlucha, you cannot pair it with another Pokemon even if they are perfect together. Otherwise we won't take it or it would be rejected.
  • We'll let you guys know when we're considering adding people to the teambuilding crew.

Unclaimed Requests:

boxofkangaroox Mega glalie

Requests being Worked on:

lucky002's Mega Scep - Analytic
Gammafire's Gengar + Bish - FlamingVictini
blueman164's Offensive Mega Zor - FlamingVictini
komet3's Escavalier - FV
Raging swampert's Haxorus - FlamingVictini
geovanidude's Crawdaunt - bludz
DownAbove's Jellicent - bludz
MegaStarUniverse nidoking +keldeo - urban
Beastorino's Mega Medicham + Rotom-Wash - urban
Ankebut's Ttar + keld + rachi - Analytic
Boo3000's Lucario - Halcyon
ectowplasma's Mega Lop + chomp - starry
RedzoneX CB entei - starry
Ende's and Flugly2's Weav + M sciz - starry
ImMrflubadub's Specs Dragalge - HHM
True ExcaKill's mega lop + thundy - daddy's

Last edited:

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
TEAM ARCHIVE 1-100
1. - Build by jacob
2. - Build by bludz
3. - Build by AM
4. - Build by starry blanket
5. or - Build by AM
6. - Build by starry blanket
7. - Build by AM
8. - Build by AM
9. - Build by jacob
10. - Build by DennisEG
11. - Build by Vertex
12. - Build by AM
13. - Build by AM
14. - Build by AM
15. - Build by AM
16. - Build by P2
17. - Build by AM
18. - Build by Analytic
19. - Build by AM
20. - Build by rob. wb :]
21. - Build by Team Pokepals
22. - jacob
23. - jacob
24. - jacob
25. - jacob
26. - Angry memer
27. - DennisEG
28. - DennisEG
29. - AM
30. - AM
31. - nedor
32. - AM
33. - jacob
34. - DennisEG
35. - DennisEG
36. - Jacob
37. - DennisEG
38. - bludz
39. or - p2
40. - DennisEG
41. - AM
42. - AM
43. - AM
44. - AM
45. - AM
46. - AM
47. - AM
48. - AM
49. - AM
50. - rob.
51. - p2
52. - jacob
53. - jacob
54. - Team Pokepals
55. - starry blanket
56. - DennisEG
57. - DennisEG
58. - DennisEG
59. - FlamingVictini
- FlamingVictini
61. - FlamingVictini
62. - Team Pokepals
63. - Jacob
64. - bludz
65. - Team Pokepals
66. - bludz
67. - Nedor
68. [ / ][ / ] - DennisEG
69. - Team Pokepals
- FlamingVictini
71. - FlamingVictini
72. - Steve Angello
73. - Team Pokepals
74. - FlamingVictini
75. - jacob
76. - DennisEG
77. - Halcyon
78. - DennisEG
79. - DennisEG
80. - urban
81. - urban
82. - DennisEG
83. - DennisEG
84. - DennisEG
85. - DennisEG
86. - DennisEG
87. - Team Pokepals
88. - Koiro.
89. - Halcyon
- Halcyon
91. - rob.
92. - Koiro.
93. - urban
94. - urban
95. - DennisEG
96. - DennisEG
97. - DennisEG
98. - p2
99. - ballislife
100. - Koiro

Last edited:

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
TEAM ARCHIVE 101-200
101. - DennisEG
102. - DennisEG
103. - DennisEG
104. - daddy's kisses
105. - Hector Hard Mode aka HHM
106. - Hector HM
107. - False. known b4 like Koiro.
108. - Hector HM
109. - HMNIP
110. - DennisEG
111. - DennisEG
112. - daddy's kisses
113. - HMNIP
114. - Hector HM
115. - daddy's kisses
116. - HMNIP
117. - False.
118. - DennisEG
119. - Vertex
120. - FlamingVictini
121. - HMNIP
122. - False.
123. - rob
124. - rob.
125. - rob.
126. - rob.
127. - rob.
128. -rob.
129. - DenniEG
130. - DennisEG
131. - DennisEG
132. - DennisEG
133. - daddy's kisses
134. - daddy's kisses
135. - DennisEG
136. - DennisEG
137. - starry blanket
138. - starry blanket
139. - DennisEG
140. - DennisEG
141. - DennisEG
142. - DennisEG
143. - DennisEG
144. - DennisEG
145. - DennisEG
146. - DennisEG
147. - DennisEG
148. - DennisEG

Last edited:

Eclipse

Like a chimp with a machine gun
is a Contributor Alumnus

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 240 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge / Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

With all of the Volcanion hype going around, I firmly believe that M-Ampharos is one of the better checks to Volcanion, with its ability to stomach its STAB's and heal off status while threatening it with its strong STAB moves, even uninvested. I would like a balance build built around M-Ampharos; the set is pretty standard, I personally prefer Discharge for its Paralysis chance and I'm not all too big a fan of being forced out against stuff that you threaten, such as Volcanion, if you ue Volt Switch, although I have absolutely no problem if you find that you prefer Volt Switch on the team. But yeah, just a strong balance team that fares well in the meta right now, I personally thought Gastrodon would be a good partner for it, but hey it's up to the builders to figure out what you guys think works best, thanks!

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.

Latias @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe or 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Reflect Type

Mega Latias is really good in the current meta as it is one of the better switch-ins to Volcanion thanks to its huge bulk and excellent defensive typing. Mega Latias can also check or counter a myriad of threats in the current meta such as most Water types such as Rotom-W, Keldeo, Manaphy, and Starmie. Reflect Type is also what sets Mega Latias away from most Pokemon, as it allows her to beat several dangerous Pokemon ins a 1 vs 1 situation.

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion

Latias @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe or 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Reflect Type

Mega Latias is really good in the current meta as it is one of the better switch-ins to Volcanion thanks to its huge bulk and excellent defensive typing. Mega Latias can also check or counter a myriad of threats in the current meta such as most Water types such as Rotom-W, Keldeo, Manaphy, and Starmie. Reflect Type is also what sets Mega Latias away from most Pokemon, as it allows her to beat several dangerous Pokemon ins a 1 vs 1 situation.
taking

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon

Thundurus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Grass Knot
- Focus Blast

Volcanion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Overheat
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Earth Power

I've wanted to use thundy-t for a while now, but every time i try to build with it i dont really get anywhere. This core is based around the general premise that thundy-t fucks the fat waters like cune, slowbro/king, etc. that love to come in on scarfed volcanion. In return, scarf volcanion can break down grasses and grounds like celebi, serp, lando-t, and hippo, while also destroying weavile and other thundy-t checks. Scarf is also nice because you get the jump on a lot of people with how common the specs set is. Im not too sure on the moves for volcanion so if you want to change them or something thats fine (you can even change the entire set tbh). It would be cool to see this on a bulky offense or balance team. Thanks!

Last edited:

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
Hi, it's my first time posting on here :D I've been watching all your work and I really love it :3c.

I've wanted to make a team around these two for a long time, they support each other really well thanks to either sand boost or the fact that tar can pursuit-trap almost every terrakion check making it a difficult threat to deal with. To be honest I don't mind the sets you use for this core so it's up to you guys the way you want to make the team, I'm not asking for any specific archetype o.o.
With that said I wish you guys luck and happy building n_n

p2

Banned deucer.

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 240 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Discharge / Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

With all of the Volcanion hype going around, I firmly believe that M-Ampharos is one of the better checks to Volcanion, with its ability to stomach its STAB's and heal off status while threatening it with its strong STAB moves, even uninvested. I would like a balance build built around M-Ampharos; the set is pretty standard, I personally prefer Discharge for its Paralysis chance and I'm not all too big a fan of being forced out against stuff that you threaten, such as Volcanion, if you ue Volt Switch, although I have absolutely no problem if you find that you prefer Volt Switch on the team. But yeah, just a strong balance team that fares well in the meta right now, I personally thought Gastrodon would be a good partner for it, but hey it's up to the builders to figure out what you guys think works best, thanks!
gonna give this a go

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Giga Drain

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost
Hi yes, I've always wanted to make an offensive FWG core using these starters since Sheer Force was released. Sets were pulled from the Smogon dex, so feel free to change them if need be. I believe there is some serious untapped power in these Pokemon, and I need your help discovering it. Thank you in advance.

Nedor

thiccc
Hi, it's my first time posting on here :D I've been watching all your work and I really love it :3c.

I've wanted to make a team around these two for a long time, they support each other really well thanks to either sand boost or the fact that tar can pursuit-trap almost every terrakion check making it a difficult threat to deal with. To be honest I don't mind the sets you use for this core so it's up to you guys the way you want to make the team, I'm not asking for any specific archetype o.o.
With that said I wish you guys luck and happy building n_n
taking, already have a team with these two, i'll get around to posting it in the next few days n_n

Volcanion @ Expert Belt
EVs: 72 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 96 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Baton Pass
Expert Belt Volcanion for bluffing Choice Specs and landing some surprise status, coupled with Celebi to handle most bulky waters and most of Sand with impunity. Still handles fairies quite well despite the drop in power from not using specs, since Sludge Wave is still a clean 2HKO/OHKO on any fairy bar Klefki anyways. Nasty Plot only makes it easier, because if I get a good NP into a Baton Pass, I can still overpower a large variety of bulky waters with firepower alone, not to mention Toxic on top of that. Needs something to handle Tyranitar and Suicune, as well as faster threats in general.

The Celebi set can be changed based on the builder's preferences, but I'd like the Volcanion set to stay the same unless it's just bad in general.

Last edited:

Thundurus @ Leftovers/ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Thunder Wave/ Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic

This core is built around M-Medicham and its massive power. Clefable, Mew gives Heatran free switch-in while Thundurus use Slowbro as set up fodder, all of whom counter M-Cham. Moreover, Heatran (lure Chansey and beat M-Sab) and Thundurus (lure Shedninja) help break common stall builds (M-Sab and Wonder Trio) while M-Cham destroy balance teams.
Thunder Wave on Thundy is used for speed control and as emergency stop to set up sweeper. HP Flying wrecks M-Lop, M-Cross, M-Cham while does good damage to whomever resists Tbolt. Heatran run max speed to checks Offensive M-Scizor who otherwise brings alot of trouble.

Last edited:
Alright, let's see where this goes.
I've been messing around with a pretty fun and wonky "core" and I want to see what someone else comes up with.

Volcanion @ Expert Belt
EVs: 72 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball

Abomasnow (F) @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 8 HP / 68 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Mild Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

I know, it looks god awful, but it works surprisingly well. Mega Abomasnow is a pretty bad Pokemon on its own, however, with the inclusion of Volcanion the two complement each other so well it's pretty insane. Offensively they cover everything for one another, as well as defensively. The two can switch in on the typical Pokemon that check their respective companion, and flat out threaten it out, or kill it. On top of their offensive and Defensive Synergy, Abomasnow also brings something else to the table that Volcanion somewhat appreciates for taking out a few of its most common switch ins, one of which being on the rise as of late. That being Hail. Volcanion has a pretty wide movepool as it is, but the move Weather Ball just REALLY stuck out to me, and I felt I should see where it could go. As such, now with Hail up, Weather Ball becomes a 100 BP Ice attack capable of luring and 2HKO'ing Mega Latias, Volcanion's single most hated switch in, as well as the other two Lati's. In the event that Mega Latias Reflect Type's up, which it should, you simply click Sludge Bomb and wait for the poison + Hail to take it out. Allowing for Volcanion to click Steam Eruption and Fire Blast to its hearts content. Abomasnow has the common mixed Attacker spread with Giga Drain over Wood Hammer for longevity allowing Hail to be up when I need it. Feel free to change it as you see fit, I've never really given Abomasnow too much of a chance so I'm not sure of the best optimized sets and spreads for OU, if there are any. Sadly, it does sort of rely pretty heavily on Hail to be up, but with the Lati's out of the way, it can be pretty gnarly killing 'mons off left and right. Rocks REALLY suck, so as one would imagine, hazard removal is pretty much mandatory, sadly there aren't too many non-mega Magic Bouncers running around. . .

Anyways, hope this is as fun a core for you guys as it is for me.

EDIT: The more and more I've played with this core, the more I've realized Abomasnow is fucking Garbage.

Last edited:

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Specs
Ability: Teravolt
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast / Hidden Power Fire
- Earth Power

Saw this in the creative sets thread and wanted to see if someone could help me build around this. It can punish most player's switch-ins to typical Life Orb Kyurem-b. These include Clefable, Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor, Mega Slowbro, and Tyranitar. All of these mentioned Pokemon just get dropped by this Specs set. Clefable and Ferrothorn are 2hkoed by Ice Beam, something hard to accomplish with just Life Orb, Mega Slowbro is just straight up dies to Draco Meteor, and Focus Blast easily OHKOes Tyranitar, 2HKOes Mega Scizor, and has a 25% chance to OHKO Ferrothorn from full, which means it just dies after Stealth Rock Damage. Earth Power lets you 2HKO Azumarill.

Last edited:
+
+

Since the last thread was closed I'll try to make a request in this one if that's okay. Was wanting to use a core with Mega Gardevoir, Tyranitar and Excadrill. The three form a solid core with Ttar handling threats to the team like Talonflame, Jirachi, Mega Metagross and Mega Pinsir. Mega Gardevoir can help with checking Keldeo, Breloom, Garchomp and Hippowdon. Excadrill synergizes with both Mvoir and Ttar checking most Mega Gardevoir's threats while taking advantage of Tyranitar's Sand Stream ability and also removing hazards. It's a pretty good trio but there are still holes that I was hoping could be fixed.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Balance
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / Facade
- Roost

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast / Shadow Ball
- Recover

Gliscor + Reuniclus is a cool stallbreaking core that can really put the hurt on some teams, with Gliscor helping Reuniclus out with some of her problems, like Steel-types and Mega Sableye, and provides a good check to bulky Water-types like Slowbro, which really helps if you run Shadow Ball. Sadly these two are a bit slow, and can be dispatched easily by wallbreakers such as Kyurem-Black, so it does need some proper support in order to succeed, but it's a really nice balanced core that I've been having trouble building around, and I really think it has a shot in this meta! Thanks in advance builders! n_n

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

The idea of the core is that Slowbro pivots the whole game and then CM's up end game. Things that trouble Slowbro such as Latios, Thundurus, SD Bisharp, Serperior, Charizard-Y, Mew, Hydreigon etc are dealt with or heavily damaged by Tyranitar. Slowbro is able to hard wall things like Jirachi while taking little from any variant of Tornadus-T. Weavile is also easy to switch in on by Slowbro as it takes so little from Knock Off. I opted for Scarf since it outspeeds key things that Band Tyranitar doesn't. The team would need a decent status absorber such as Clefable or Gliscor. I would like to see an interpretation of this core in the form of balance. My version of the team was something like Slowbro-Gliscor-Tyranitar-Heatran-Talonflame-Latios. Thanks in advance for anyone who does! I am not one of those guys who are dying to get their team, I really appreciate what you people do for the community.

gogoat_by_vale98pm-d6plxmj.png
mega_diancie_sprite_by_fishbowlsoul90-d8dlvkv.png

Gogoat + Diancie Balance

Gogoat @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SDef / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Milk Drink
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Earthquake

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Rash Nature
- Rock Polish
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power / Hidden Power Fire / Psychic

Ok so I know what you all are thinking: "pfft he's just a kid who likes gogoats, gogoat isn't even viable lol pls".
Well, you're wrong. He is viable. However, you got me liking gogoats part. Also, I thought it would be fun to try him in OU.
Gogoat has a niche set in Bulk Up, and if given the chance, can wipe out some of the common stall/defensive threats, such as Heatran, fat ground types, and Ferro (sap sipper), and once setup can tank really well, especially with recovery move Horn Leech.

A nice partner to Gogoat I found was Diancie, covering his Volcanion and Birdspam weakness, and helping him get rid of faster threats with Rock Polish. So, in the end of the game, it comes down to Gogoat sweeping if the opponent has bulky pokemon, Diancie sweeping pokemon that rely on speed.

Feel free to modify their sets, especially Diancie because I just pulled it out of the Smogon Dex.

I had some trouble building around this, but I think I found a sort of silly but fun core, hopefully you enjoy it.

Thank you!

Edit: fonts switched for some reason

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)