OU OU Team Bazaar

Rae

valiance and vigor
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
art pending hehe

Approved by the mods!

Hey there! Welcome to the SM OU Team Bazaar! This thread will serve as a more casual way to drop new teams you've been building. Show them off, and some of the more adventurous folks around the SM community could use them, and even improve upon them. Make sure you include some level of quality to the teams you post in here; don't post a team full of PU 'mons and expect it to not be deleted. Also make sure you test your teams before you post them here; playtesting is an easy way to get rid of very obvious flaws in your teams and makes it easier on anyone that'd want to give advice on your teams or anyone that'd like to try them out! Making descriptions for your teams is important too; wouldn't want to just drop 'em there with no explanation, yeah? Also make sure you post an importable of your teams and include sprites for the benefit of everyone who sees your post - it makes it look much cleaner and makes the thread much easier to run. Not really much else to say, just show off your cool teams!

Have fun and get to posting!​

Clementine

one for the money, two for the show
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
glad that's a thing, I'm gonna post some teams I've built and used recently. I'll provide little explanations for each team but don't hesitate to contact me on discord (Pujo#3471) if you have any questions. click on teams for imports and have fun with these!

1. :tapu-koko: :raichu-alola: :weavile: :landorus-therian: :magearna: :rotom-wash:
classic offense built around koko + alolan raichu, with pursuit support from weavile to deal with latias, and classic bulky voltturn core often found in this kind of offense. raichu hits harder than expected esp in terrain, don't hesitate to run calcs to see which mons you can easily deal with with raichu.

2. :ninetales-alola: :sandslash-alola: :diancie-mega: :jirachi: :landorus-therian: :tapu-fini:
SM hail that I built last summer after the rise of hail in current gen, sandslash is surprisingly strong and can set-up relatively easily thanks to its steel typing, z-focus punch smacks rotom-w at +2 and will destroy the likes of ferrothorn as well. team can be weak to scizor so be careful about your hail turns and health on lando.

3. :pinsir-mega: :victini: :magnezone: :tapu-fini: :magearna: :landorus-therian:
made a whole rmt on this squad if you want to get an in-depth analysis of this offense: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-party-never-ends-mega-pinsir-magnezone-offense.3687775/

4. :tapu-bulu: :kartana: :magearna: :rotom-wash: :camerupt-mega: :tornadus-therian:
i had to put a camel team im sorry i get anxiety if i dont

Kyo

In Limbo
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
National Dex Leader
I used to play a ton of SM OU and still touch the tier on occasion but mostly use my existing teams rather than trying to build. Here are some of my favorites that I still have fun using.

:charizard-mega-y: :excadrill: :victini: :bisharp: :darkinium-z: :kommo-o: :mimikyu: :ghostium-z:
This team is probably the weirdest actually successful build I have ever made. Can't say what was going through my mind when I put these 6 together but it resulted in an exceptionally unique HO team. Has a lot of versatility and surprise factor with the Zard choice, double Z moves, and matches up great against other HO teams with sun boosted Vic picking a KO every time it gets in. HP on Victini to KO Garchomp from full with final gambit and sp def EVs on Exca that let you survive 4 hits from specs Gren shuriken greatly increasing the chances of winning that lead matchup. Ditched shadow sneak on Mimikyu in favor of twave so that I can emergency check/cripple pretty much any mon in the game and actually have ways of forcing through Toxapex.

:mamoswine: :tornadus-therian: :flyinium-z: :kommo-o: :scizor-mega: :rotom-wash: :ditto:
Balanced volt-turn with an unusual breaker in life orb Mamo. Probably not the best team I've ever made, but I really enjoy it. The 3 piece volt turn core pressures Skarm, Rotom-W, and Slowbro decently well which are the most relevant bad matchups for Mamo. Ditto attempts to keep the team safe against mons that set up and, in combination with taunt Torn's regen, greatly increases the longevity of the team vs fat builds.

:celesteela: :amoonguss: :greninja-ash: :medicham-mega: :landorus-therian: :flyinium-z: :rotom-wash:
Built this team something like 4 years ago near the start of Gen 7. Spamming this was the first time I ever had real success on the OU ladder hitting 1900s. Looking back, I think this team has a lot of issues that lead me to not use it nearly as often as I used to. Mainly, it's very slow and relies on double priority options for speed control. Spamming sleep and para with Amoonguss helps especially against Torn, but doesn't completely alleviate the issue. Opposing Mega Medi is also terrifying to play. Medicham and Ash Gren are a pretty braindead offensive core so you can still win unfavorable games if you make the right plays. Use spore to get your breakers on the field safely and go to work. Once key pieces are weakened or eliminated, it becomes difficult to stop Celes and Amoonguss from just sitting on the opposing team. These two are seriously underrated as a defensive core, and I've gone from losing 2-5 to pulling out a win under the right circumstances.

Feel free to steal any of these teams. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Nice thread, gonna drop by with some random teams I've been using to varying success; all are tested to some degree, though some are obviously better than others (I wont post any that I have posted elsewhere already):

:charizard-mega-x: :kartana: :nidoking: :jirachi: :tapu-fini: :tornadus-therian:
Charizard X balance squad built around the premises of breaking down the opponent with two asinine mons to check; Charizard X and Nidoking. Scarf Kart lurks in the back and can usually sweep once the breakers have gone to town. It also carries toxic, because its a nice tech to catch Zapdos and Mega Lati@s out in longer balance grinds. Double defog is to ensure Charizard can come in safely.

:manectric-mega: :dragonite: :jirachi: :tapu-fini: :tornadus-therian: :diggersby:
The same core of Tapu Fini + Tornadus + Jirachi. This time the breakers are Z Fly Dragonite and Choice Band Diggersby, with Manectric being speed control. This team usually relies on breaking down physical walls with Diggersby and Volt-Switch momentum for Dragontie to clean late game.

:venusaur-mega: :slowbro: :heatran: :zapdos: :gliscor: :chansey:
A nice fat balance build. My secret fetish in the builder is colorful FWG + Electric type builds that just look nice, and this one fits the bill pretty well. Its also just quite solid for the most part and you only really drop to dedicated nonsense like NP Hoopa-U (oof).

:sceptile-mega: :kommo-o: :tapu lele: :rotom-wash: :landorus-therian: :magearna:
This was the team I built for Mega Sceptile - I wanted to abuse SD, since special sceptile is pretty underwhelming, so I added Electrium Z kommo-o to break things like Tornadus, and have Tapu Lele to threaten things like Mega-Venusaur. Has the classic offensive core.

:glalie-mega: :rotom-wash: :landorus-therian: :magearna: :tapu lele: :blacephalon:
Here is another team using the classic offensive core; this time I paired it with CM Tapu Lele and Mega Glalie, with scarf Blacephalon as speed control. Mega Glalie is quite fun, and combined with lele can usually poke enough holes for Blace to sweep.

:gardevoir-mega: :entei: :excadrill: :kommo-o: :slowbro: :tornadus-therian:
Blow stuff up with Gardevoir and Banded Entei - they can threaten each others checks quite well, and Entei's burn chance vs the likes of Landorus, Garchomp, and Hippowdon is quite nice. Has a decent enough MU vs stall also, which can be fun if the opponent isn't that good. Drill + Slowbro are quite the nice defensive pairing also, IMO.

:charizard-mega-y: :slowbro: :weavile: :excadrill: :tornadus-therian: :hydreigon:
Z Psychic Slowbro kills Pex, Weavile traps Lati@s; Now Charizard can destroy the opponent.

:scizor-mega: :clefable: :flygon: :toxapex: :serperior: :heatran:
Flygon is actually kinda nice? I was pleasantly surprised by it. Does quite a lot of damage with Z, and good at keeping magma tran at bay whist providing levitate utility. This was a rebuild of an old after Zyg got banned. Its a little weak to rain, but honestly, who cares?

:abomasnow-mega: :Landorus-therian: :ferrothorn: :kommo-o: :tapu-koko: :greninja-ash:
I made this because all my Abomasnow teams are usually fat to offset hail chip & I decided to man up and go for a more offensive build with spikes. Actually does quite well, but dont expect to win in serious games (duh?). Also Electrium Z Kommo blasts a lot of stuff Abomasnow dislikes sooo (kinda like sceptile!).

:heatran: :gastrodon-east: :muk-alola: :skarmory: :reuniclus: :altaria-mega:
This one is funny, had a couple people rage at losing to the King DDD altaria set in SM ("thats NOT a real set!"). Really its more of a 'fun' pick more than anything, but pairing it with electrium Z Reuni is nice since Reuni can theoretically remove Celesteela and Toxapex for Altaria. Also features one of my fave fatty cores in gastro + alola muk + skarm. They put in more work than they should.

:mawile-mega: :garchomp: :ferrothorn: :clefable: :rotom-wash: :heatran:
Wanted to use the old wish clef + chomp core, and scarf heatran, so I combined them onto one team since tran also appreciates wish. Mawile + chomp is an obvious offensive pairing. Spikes included. Pretty standard stuff.

:aggron-mega: :slowbro: :chansey: :gliscor: :weavile: :tornadus-therian:
Screw Manaphy lol. Other than that this is a fun squad, not dissimilar to the charizard squad above with Z slowbro and banded weavile. Aggron really hits like a truck. Could run wish on chansey for aggron, over sunny day, and rely on surprise punishment weavile to take manaphy down if you want to change it.

---------------

Might leave it at that for now. :blobthumbsup:

Mantine Stall

team.PNG

Double water type stall I have been using as of late. Pretty decent but kinda weak to double electric cores.

IMO Mantine is the single most underrated mon in the meta. It walls all forms of Greninja, Volcarona, all Tapu Fini sets, Kingdra, Manaphy, Mega Pert (without stone edge), Mega Scizor, Blacephalon and Heatran to name a few. If played well it is nigh unbreakable for most rain teams which are super popular atm. Chansey is almost required for stall as it is the best special wall in the game. Stops the team from being dumpstered by specs Koko.Heart Swap Magearna is only used to counter special sweepers like other Magearna and BoltBeam Clef that beat Mantine + Chansey. Also can act as an emergency Mega Mawille or Diancie check if needed.

Pyukumuku is another very underrated mon for stall. Walls Zard X, Mega and Z Gyarados, Hawlucha, Excadrill, Mega Pert and much more. Sabeleye is another borderline required mon for stall as it stops the team from being completely ruined by hazards. Doesn't hard wall anything besides Mega Medi but is generally hard for most teams to kill. Skarmory is made to wall insane physical attackers that the rest of the team struggles against like Mega Mawille, Kartana and Crawdaunt. Initially I ran leftovers but Knock Off from SD Mawille and CB Crawdaunt became too hard to handle so I went itemless. Eventually I threw on Fly Z because I had no Z user. Fly Z is really only useful for occasionally removing defence drops from Crunch.

Feel free to reply with any questions about the squad or improvements I could make.

https://pokepast.es/4c06fb2d9ec6ff87

Last edited:

TrRizzo09

formerly Pkmn trainer Rizzo
Mantine Stall

View attachment 412642
Double water type stall I have been using as of late. Pretty decent but kinda weak to double electric cores.

IMO Mantine is the single most underrated mon in the meta. It walls all forms of Greninja, Volcarona, all Tapu Fini sets, Kingdra, Manaphy, Mega Pert (without stone edge), Mega Scizor, Blacephalon and Heatran to name a few. If played well it is nigh unbreakable for most rain teams which are super popular atm. Chansey is almost required for stall as it is the best special wall in the game. Stops the team from being dumpstered by specs Koko.Heart Swap Magearna is only used to counter special sweepers like other Magearna and BoltBeam Clef that beat Mantine + Chansey. Also can act as an emergency Mega Mawille or Diancie check if needed.

Pyukumuku is another very underrated mon for stall. Walls Zard X, Mega and Z Gyarados, Hawlucha, Excadrill, Mega Pert and much more. Sabeleye is another borderline required mon for stall as it stops the team from being completely ruined by hazards. Doesn't hard wall anything besides Mega Medi but is generally hard for most teams to kill. Skarmory is made to wall insane physical attackers that the rest of the team struggles against like Mega Mawille, Kartana and Crawdaunt. Initially I ran leftovers but Knock Off from SD Mawille and CB Crawdaunt became too hard to handle so I went itemless. Eventually I threw on Fly Z because I had no Z user. Fly Z is really only useful for occasionally removing defence drops from Crunch.

Feel free to reply with any questions about the squad or improvements I could make.

https://pokepast.es/4c06fb2d9ec6ff87
Bro but what about your electric inmunity?
I know that Mantine is awesome but you should use gastrodon. It walls special water sweepers too.

Also, I think shed shell skarmory is more useful than z roost, if magnezone traps you, your team become very weak to many threats.

DIYUSI

formerly KaiserKaiba
is a Team Rater Alumnus
yo, KaiserKaiba here to revive a dead thread. I will post stuff I use recently and that have enough balance between viability and originality/fun (even if it is not my best teams as most of them are used seriously by friends and all).

:Victini: :Toxapex: :Magearna: :Landorus-Therian: :Lopunny-Mega: :Tornadus-Therian:

An offense around the core of Lopunny-Mega and Victini but with a little twist: A set of Final Gambit Victini without Choice Scarf. I really like this set as you can easily bait the scarf as long you dont take damage (or you can change the leftovers for the flame plate or any random berries you want) and, thus, reduce greatly the votality of Final Gambit on target such as Toxapex, Latias-Mega or Heatran. Finally, you can run many great support options such as Will-O-Wisp. For the rest of the team, Magearna Assault Vest, Toxapex and a Normal Gem Landorus-Therian Explosion (really efficient to bait Bulky Flyer for Lopunny-Mega) form the devensive backbone and an Offensive Z-Hurricane Tornadus-Therian with Defog conclude this team (with Sludge Bomb to catch Tapu Koko and poison bulky pokemon such as Sableye-Mega). Good team but be aware that, like every Lopunny Offense builds, the team almost auto-lose against any stall.

:Excadrill: :Alakazam-Mega: :Greninja-Ash: :Zapdos: :Tapu Fini: :Scizor: S/O Proftreez because I only helped him on this team lol

Not sure how to explain this one as I kind of forget what was the idea behind this squad lol. Anyway, the team features the core of SpeDef Excadrill, Alakazam-Mega and Z-Hydro Pump Greninja-Ash. Not only Alakazam-Mega will appreciate the helps from Spikes and Stealth Rock, Excadrill is a great partner as it can abuse many Alakazam's checks (such as Magearna and Chansey) and Tapu Koko for Greninja-Ash. Moreover, to abuse even more hazards supports, Alakazam-Mega holds Taunt, forcing switchs against do-nothing pokemons. Tapu Fini and Zapdos, alongside Excadrill, form a solid defensive core and, to conclude the team, a set of Choice Band Scizor was chosen: a powerful offensive pivot with many good assets such as Knock Off to melt Heatran or Celesteela, Pursuit to trap Latias-Mega, Speed Control with Bullet Punch and another "frail" psy-resist.

:Charizard-Mega-X: :Excadrill: :Slowbro: :Magearna: :Tornadus-Therian: :Kommo-o:

I take a liking to Charizard-Mega-X on more fattish structure. Here, the team is around the core of Charizard-Mega-X, Excadrill and Slowbro. The idea is rather simple as Charizard is able to freely switch on complicate steel such as Scizor-Mega or Celesteela for Excadrill while this latter will provide Rapid Spin. Slowbro, not only being a good overall physical sponge and pairs well with the natural dual-typing of Charizard, is able to remove Toxapex with the Psychium Z on Future Sight for Charizard again. For the rest, Magearna and Tornadus-Therian will both feature a fight-move to lure Heatran; finally, Kommo-o was chosen to close the defensive backbone of the team while providing the unusual (on Spedef variant I mean) Poison Jab to lure Tapu Fini.

:Zapdos: :Diancie-Mega: :Breloom: :Gastrodon: :Tornadus-Therian: :Jirachi: S/O Proftreez for the huge help on this team

Another balance with the heat pick of Breloom. With the combination of Poison Heal, Swords Dance, Facade, Spore and a decent dual-type; Breloom, like the infamous bad Gliscor, is able to become a wincondition with good Staying Power. With those advantages, Diancie-Mega is an excellent partner as Breloom is able to abuse its natural checks such as Chansey, Ferrothorn and Gastrodon; while Diancie-Mega will abuse Flyers for Breloom. Moreover, Zapdos, not only it covers nicely the natural weakness that both of them have such as Gliscor or Scizor-Mega, with its ability (alongside Jirachi with Body Slam) provide a way to spread paralysis and, naturally, slowing down the opposing team to capitalyze even more on Breloom. Finally, Tornadus-Therian and Gastrodon were picked to form a nice defensive core with Jirachi.

:Noivern: :Tapu Fini: :Heatran: :Landorus-Therian: :Kartana: :Lopunny-Mega:

Last team of this post with a pokemon which, in my opinion, has a real potential in this metagame: Noivern. With an outstanding speed, a great dual-type and the broken Super Fang, Noivern is unmatched in term of progressing for an offensive pivot. Thus, I believe that Noivern is an excellent pair for any dummy breaker such as Kartana, Tapu Lele or Tapu Koko as Super Fang, by itself, can easily chip anything and shut-down any form of recovery with Taunt (therefore, I recommend a breaker with a natural good Match-Up against rege-core); here, we picked Kartana Choice Band. Alongside Noivern and Kartana, Lopunny-Mega will serve as our cleaner once the team was weaken enough. Finally, Landorus-Therian Choice Scarf, Heatran and Tapu Fini (by the way, Bold with Aguav Berry is a crazy set to soft-check a bunch of stuff) will give us enough defensive support.

Hope you will like the teams and sorry in advance for the spelling mistakes.

Last edited:

CaptainDaimyo

Love is a rebellious bird that none can tame...
is a Contributor to Smogon
Just got back into USUM OU, the tier that got me into competitive Pokemon, so I made this team that I'm enjoying the most

:gallade-mega: :heatran: :tapu-lele: :landorus-therian: :greninja: :rotom-wash:

This is an offense team built around Mega Gallade. It can shred through common stall mons like Toxapex, Ferrothorn, and Chansey. Heatran + Specs Lele are able to threaten Mega Gallade's checks, such as Magearna for the former and bulky Flying-types like Tornadus-T and Landorus-T for the latter. Landorus-T was added to serve as a second SR setter so that when either SR gets knocked out without hazards on the field, the second can still set up SR. Intimidate can also come in handy in certain scenarios as to avoid certain KOs. I added a specially offensive Scarf Greninja in order to outspeed and threaten faster threats than the current Pokemon on my team, such as Scarf Kartana and Mega Alakazam. Lastly Rotom-W is my defogger and can cripple physical attackers with Wisp.

Goodbye & Thanks

Thrown in a fire?
Mega Aggron Balance (Featuring Alolan Muk)
:Aggron-Mega: :Muk-Alola: :Gastrodon-East: :Tapu Bulu: :Clefable: :Tornadus-Therian:

Even though I don't really play anymore, I still have fun sometimes daydreaming and coming up with different teams, and here is my take on Mega Aggron balance. Again, as a disclaimer, I haven't really tested it (I hope it's still alright to post it), so I apologize if I've overlooked some major flaw or something (I already know that Zard X kind of destroys the team), but it seemed solid enough to me to warrant dropping it here, in case anyone would like trying it.

Quick and simple descriptions:
:Aggron-Mega: Mega Aggron hits hard and absorbs a lot of hits - fairly common balance structures like this often feature it. I like running Rocks on Clef to give Aggron more coverage. The 4 speed EVs are just to outrun Chansey.

:Muk-Alola: Alolan Muk is a good check to special attackers and helps make progress with Knock and spreading poison via Poison Touch. One of its main niches is Pursuit trapping Psychic types, which obviously helps out a lot against Psyspam. Muk also offers a more consistent Volcarona check, since Giga Drain Volc blows past Gastro. I just took the EV spread from Alolan Muk's dex entry so I'll link to that, instead of reiterating all of those details. I was considering putting the 36 attack EVs into special defense but I couldn't figure out if they were important for any roll or if having a little more special defense would really matter - I feel like it probably wouldn't make a big difference either way, so I just left it.

:Gastrodon-East: Gastro helps check key threats like most offensive Heatran and Manaphy variants. It also importantly helps out against a lot of offensive Magearna sets. I think that Quake is still a better option than Earth Power, despite Grassy Terrain occasionally weakening it, since Quake is generally stronger and importantly hits things like CM Mag and spdef Tran harder. I initially had Clear Smog over Toxic, primarily to help with Manaphy, but Toxic is overall better and it's important to help Gastro handle things it's supposed to beat like Rotom-Wash and Zapdos. I felt like changing Bulu to Scarf instead of Band gave me a good enough check to Manaphy to warrant switching Clear Smog to Toxic on Gastro. The 44 defense EVs are to make it so that Gastro isn't 2HKOed by non-Specs Keldeo's Secret Sword with Rocks up; that likely isn't too important but I'm not sure if having 36 fewer special defense EVs really makes much of a difference either. The dex entry says that Gastro with that spread could be 2HKOed by Choice Specs Blacephalon's Shadow Ball if Rocks are up, but I figure having AV Alolan Muk on this team makes that situation not as relevant.

:Tapu Bulu: Grassy terrain helps give Aggron and Muk some passive recovery and removes their Earthquake weaknesses, although it also unfortunately can be annoying and weaken Aggron's and Gastro's own Earthquakes. Bulu is also useful as a physical breaker and helps against things like Mega Swampert on Rain teams. I originally had Bulu Banded (as I'll mention in the update at the bottom), but I decided to switch it to Scarf to give the team some form of speed control. Banded Bulu obviously gives the team better breaking power than Scarf, but I think that the rest of the team is defensively solid enough to win through residual/chip damage and potentially having Scarf Bulu clean, as opposed to it simply blowing holes in the opposing team. I could see running Megahorn over Stone Edge to hit Grasses like Serperior or some Psychics like Mega Latias, but I feel like Alolan Muk handles both Grasses and Psychics well enough on his own, and Mega Aggron helps against them as well. Things like Torn, Zapdos, and Volc switching into Bulu seem more annoying to this team and could be bigger revenge killing targets, so I think that Stone Edge is a better fit than Megahorn.

:Clefable: Having Clef to pass Wishes to Aggron and Alolan Muk is huge for this type of balance. It pairs nicely with Aggron as well to relieve Aggron from needing to run Rocks and Clef helps check some physical attackers that Aggron can't, like Mega Medicham. Helmet on Clef could be cool and it would make the team obey item clause, if you’re someone like Eeveeto who is down with that (that’s not shade either, since I’ve been an Eeveeto fan for a while and I also think it’s neat when a team happens to obey item clause), but Lefties is probably generally better.

:Tornadus-Therian: Torn offers Defog support, a Ground immunity, and checks some prominent threats, like Kartana. Z-Hurricane also helps the team make some progress as a special breaker.

Edit: I slightly tweaked the team after happening to stumble across this old video by Blunder. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Craing/Ben Gay used a team that was very similar to the one I came up with, including 5 of the same mons, with him running Z-Gren over Alolan Muk. I was very happy to see that my team was similar to his, since I've been a long time Ben Gay fan and I think he's definitely the greatest builder ever - I promise that I saw his team after I had built my own as well. I'm sure there were plenty of more subtle differences between his team and mine, like him having Helmet on Torn since his Gren had the Z move or him running Protect over EQ on Gastro, but the biggest inspiration I took from his team was running Scarf Bulu. I think that it's a good idea since most SM teams really benefit from having a Scarfer; even though Bulu isn't particularly fast by Scarfer standards, I feel like the rest of the team is bulky enough for the relative lack of speed to be alright. I also felt like Bulu being Scarfed gave my team a better answer to Manaphy and would allow me to run Toxic over Clear Smog on Gastro. So, the two changes I made to my team after seeing Ben Gay's was making Bulu Scarf and putting Toxic over Clear Smog on Gastro. Here's the original version of the team that I built with Banded Bulu and Clear Smog Gastro, in case anyone is interested.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)