OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm not sure if this's been asked before - I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but I gotta make sure

When a 'Mon Mega Evolves, does it use its pre-evo form's Speed stat that turn?

Like, if Chomp Mega-Evolves against Timid Jirachi, will it still outspeed Jirachi that turn?
Or, if 'Gar Mega-Evolves against Alakazam, will it be outsped by the latter that turn?

I'm not sure if this's been asked before - I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but I gotta make sure

When a 'Mon Mega Evolves, does it use its pre-evo form's Speed stat that turn?

Like, if Chomp Mega-Evolves against Timid Jirachi, will it still outspeed Jirachi that turn?
Or, if 'Gar Mega-Evolves against Alakazam, will it be outsped by the latter that turn?
Yes, the pokemon uses the speed of the pre-mega evo on the turn it mega evolves.

A question of my own: Is there a pokemon that can be used as a check talonflame, mega aerodactyl and mega gengar in a sunny day team? i am thinking hippowdon (tanky + rockslide/slack off for talonflame and mega aero, whirlwind/roar for mega gengar) but is it worth running it in a sunny day team?

Last edited:

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
A question of my own: Is there a pokemon that can be used as a check talonflame, mega aerodactyl and mega gengar in a sunny day team? i am thinking hippowdon (tanky + rockslide/slack off for talonflame and mega aero, whirlwind/roar for mega gengar) but is it worth running it in a sunny day team?
It's gonna be hard finding something that can check two strong physical attackers and something with a base 170 attack single-handedly, and also I'm not sure what your team's like, but here's an option:

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SAtk
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 29 Spd
- Volt Switch / Thunderbolt (lol)
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump

Outside of sun, HPump has enough power to OHKO both Talonflame and Mega-Aerodactyl. This Washtom isn't 2HKO'ed by Jolly Mega Aero's Stone Miss and laughs at anything Talonflame throws at it. 29 IVs in speed are to get the switch advantage against opposing Washtoms running 30 IVs if you're into that, I guess you can call it negative speed creep lol. Wisp renders Mega Aero useless for the rest of the game, and also allows Washtom to comfortably check Aegislash, another really prominent 'Mon. It'd take too many EVs to guarantee survival from 2 Sludge Bombs from Mega Gengar, and there's that 30% poison chance to consider as well.

Alternatively, Tbolt can cleanly OHKO Talonflame without SR in the Sun OHKO Mega Aero with SR; Volt Switch manages clean 2HKOs on both though.

Also, a spread of 192 HP / 248 Def / 68 SAtk Bold gives you that nice Lefties number, and you'll only have a 8% chance of being 2HKOed by Mega Aero after SR (the other spread is a 5% chance after SR).

All in all, a pretty solid bulky pivot and physical attacker check though.

Mega Aggron shrugs off Talonflame and Aerodactyl, and can take on Gengar with Earthquake, but I'm not sure if you've already got a Mega on your team.

EDIT: Ixsiehn no problem, glad to have helped :]

Last edited:
oh rotom-W really does fit well with the team, i currently already have a mega in the team, but i think i can take note of mega aggron too, which i can keep it noted in case i ever need to switch up my team. Thanks alot, this really helped!

I wanted to know that if they've fixed Sheer Force cancels Life Orb absorption. Because they better not. Feraligatr Sheer Force with Life Orb and STAB become a WHOPPING 2.1 DAMAGE MULTIPLIER!

I wanted to know that if they've fixed Sheer Force cancels Life Orb absorption. Because they better not. Feraligatr Sheer Force with Life Orb and STAB become a WHOPPING 2.1 DAMAGE MULTIPLIER!
i believe this is supposed to happen, so i'm not really sure what there is to fix...

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
sketch let's smeargle use literally every move in the game. On a pokemon simulator, just give it whatever moves you want it to have, in game, use sketch after the opponent used the move you want your smeargle to learn.

Though theirs two moves that can't be sketched. Struggle and in Pokemon Gale of Darkness, Gale Lugia had a signature move that could never EVER become sketched. If Sketch fails. You can use Sketch again even though it has 1PP. At least this is what 'I' know.

Chadtherest00

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
sketch let's smeargle use literally every move in the game. On a pokemon simulator, just give it whatever moves you want it to have, in game, use sketch after the opponent used the move you want your smeargle to learn.
So if I want a smeargle with
Sticky web
Stealth rocks
Toxic spikes
Spikes

I would have to go to every pokemon that uses that move and sketch it?

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
pretty much, yea. the whole process is easier if you have a friend or anything that will let you sketch those moves off of him.

It's gonna be hard finding something that can check two strong physical attackers and something with a base 170 attack single-handedly, and also I'm not sure what your team's like, but here's an option:

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SAtk
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 29 Spd
- Volt Switch / Thunderbolt (lol)
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
Speaking of Rotom
Has anyone found out how to change Rotom's forms in X and Y yet?

Is a suspect test ladder just the ladder for the respective tier but without the pokemon that is currently being suspected?

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Is a suspect test ladder just the ladder for the respective tier but without the pokemon that is currently being suspected?
Yes, exactly that. There will also usually be an "Insert Tier here" Current ladder, with the suspected Pokémon being allowed.

How can I get better at battling in any tier? I have researched a lot but I seem to suck at prediction and stuff like that. All matches for me generally involve killing or being killed within 10 turns, even when I try to scout, my prediction is just that bad.

On another note, what counters SubCM Latias, SubDD Gyarados or SubSalac/CB/Lead/Scarf/LO Terrakion? I struggle with the first 2 and all Terrakion for some reason.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
How can I get better at battling in any tier? I have researched a lot but I seem to suck at prediction and stuff like that. All matches for me generally involve killing or being killed within 10 turns, even when I try to scout, my prediction is just that bad.

On another note, what counters SubCM Latias, SubDD Gyarados or SubSalac/CB/Lead/Scarf/LO Terrakion? I struggle with the first 2 and all Terrakion for some reason.
You should try the Battling 101 Forum if you want to get better at a tier.

As for your second question, Specially Defensive Jirachi laughs at Sub + CM Latias & either paralyze it with Body Slam / T-Wave or assault it with Iron Head. As for Gyarados, either Rotom-W, or any Choice Scarf user with Stone Edge / T-Bolt murders it. Double Dance Landorus-T easily sets up on Terrakion due to Intimidate & it's natural bulk.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)