Project OU player interview #13- MichaelderBeste2

Approved by TPP
Welcome back to OU player of the week!:) Today we have the Magical, Mystical, and Magnificent; Michaelderbeste2!! WCOP runner up, SmogTour qualifier, and current SPL player, what more can you want? Let's take a look at what makes this great player so great!
MichaelderBeste2

Favorite pokemon: Victini/Scraggy
Best known for: 50 point Smogtour qualification, WCOP, SPL
1644967613871.png

Hi friend how are you doing?

1644967689159.png

I am fine. Thank you for asking. I'm stressing myself out a bit for the Abitur, but aside from that I'm doing great right now :D

1644967619906.png

Im having some nasty orgo exams right now so I know the feeling ahahah, I wish you luck!
Can you tell me a little more about yourself?

1644967692152.png

Sure. My name is Michael, who would have thought, and I am 18 years old. I am one of the many German newcomers and I come from Glückstadt, which translated means Lucky City. As I mentioned before, I'm graduating from high school this year. At the moment I play a lot of Pokemon Unite. That's why I'm happy to see that there will be a lot of competitive support for the game in the next few weeks. Besides that, I generally have a lot of fun watching soccer, winter sports or Formula 1. I think everyone knows that I also play Pokemon Showdown.

1644967622857.png

Bayern or Dortmund?

1644967695244.png

Neither. My heart beats only for HSV. But if I had to pick a team, it would probably be Bayern, because I like Lewandowski more than Haaland.

1644967629080.png

Agreed! you are ok in my book
How did you get into PS?

1644967698061.png

When I was 10 years old, I watched various Youtubers who played this game. In the beginning, I only played Random Battles. But as time went by, I also started playing draft leagues. I've only been playing official tournaments since 2019/2020, so I don't have a lot of experience yet.

1644967632342.png

What would you accredit your tour success to then? Draft leagues? ladder? or just had a talent for it

1644967700488.png

I can't say for sure. I've played a lot of draft leagues and gained a lot of experience. Random battles have helped me to learn every typing and moveset. In smaller German tournaments I could show what I learned. That's how I got into the WCOP team and now I'm here.

1644967635061.png

Very nice! I know it probably seems like a while ago but I wanted to comment on a very impressive SmogTour run, in the early stages were you confident that you were going to make it?

1644967703168.png

I associate a few things with this SmogTour Season. After I had already qualified for OLT, but then failed miserably in the playoffs, I wanted to take revenge. I had won SS twice in one weekend. The funny thing is that I played the first tournament on my phone at an HSV game in the stadium. When the playoffs started, I told myself that I wanted to win the thing. With a little bit of struggling, I was able to beat Malekith. After that I had to play Jon, a good friend of mine. I always tend to play worse against friends than against others. I'm probably not the only one who feels that way.But after loading one of the worst ORAS teams ever, I didn't deserve to win the tournament.

1644967639600.png

playing a ps tour game on my phone is my worst nightmare
but regardless of results it was not easy competition

1644967706209.png

I've played many games on phone actually x)
the last game against Malekith I also had to play on phone
because of a repairman who came in

1644967642837.png

Insane, maybe ill try it next time, see if it helps me qualify LOL

More recently you sold for a pretty impressive 18.5k for SPL, how has the tour been for you?

1644967709082.png

I still can't believe that I was so expensive. But I am very happy to have ended up in Congregation of the Classiest because I like the team very much. You can talk about a lot of different things and also the preparation is going very well so far. I am sure that we will get the trophy.

1644967645654.png

Im divided on who I want to win but the Classiest have been doing very well, good luck to you
With playing so much SS how do you feel abt the metagame right now?

1644967712116.png

I think the Kyurem ban is a shame, but it is justified. It was one of my favorite mons to play, but now I can't use it, unfortunately. I think the metagame is very enjoyable right now. The best playstyles right now are Bulky Offense and Balance in my opinion.

1644968027494.png

is there anything in particular that you find yourself abusing? or some combo you find is very good?

1644968056993.png

I really like the combo of Knock Off Trap Tapu Fini+Nihilego, as the Tapu Fini, can remove something like Ferrothorn and the currently rising Slowking-Galar. Unfortunately, in my SPL week 6 game, it didn't work as I imagined. On the ladder, however, the combo was a lot of fun, which is why I would definitely recommend it.

1644968042964.png

ahahaha I do love Nihilego, spamming it on ladder recently,
Do you think you could pass us a team you think is pretty good?

1644968059598.png

:tapu-lele: :Blacephalon: :Tyranitar: :Landorus-Therian: :Corviknight: :Toxapex:

I brought this team into week 4 of the SPL and it worked enormously well. The plan with the team is to chip the enemy team so that Flame Charge Blacephalon can go through at the end. Many teams lack Ghost Resistance, so this is very doable. Sometimes the Ghost Resist is also a Toxapex, which you can then knock out with Expanding Force in the terrain. 252 SpA Blacephalon Expanding Force (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex in Psychic Terrain: 280-330 (92.1 - 108.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock Then I add to that the terrain setter Tapu Lele, which I equipped with Choice Scarf to have some form of speed control. The advantage to Scarf Tapu Lele is that it is faster than Arctozolt in Hail, so even the Hail matchup, which seems difficult at first, is good to play. The special thing about the set is the Future Sight. You press it to force Switches, then bring in the best breaker on the team, Tyranitar.

I felt like bringing in choice band Tyranitar to benefit the most from Future Sight, because then Buzzwole or Toxapex can't get in. Stone Edge, Crunch, Superpower are already a very good couverage on Tyranitar, which is why I chose Rock Blast as the last attack. Rock Blast is more accurate than Stone Edge and can overcome the PP problem. Also, the attack is very good to counter opposing Dragonite or Sub Zapdos. To take better advantage of Future Sight, I wanted to use a Pokemon with Eject Button. I came to the conclusion that Toxapex was the best fit, since I still needed a Tapu Fini Check. That's why I also play the Poison Jab. In addition, Toxapex helps me to handle enemy Urshifu. What should not be missing in any team is the OU Staple Landorus-T. Every team needs a ground type and I think Landorus-T is doing too good a job right now. The speed is chosen to outspeed an Adamant Bisharp or Modest Volcanion. I play Knock Off over the more commonly seen Toxic to knock out Tornadus-T's heavy-duty Boots, so Blacephalon can then kill to +1 after Stealth Rocks. +1 252 SpA Blacephalon Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tornadus-Therian: 270-318 (74.5 - 87.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rocks The team is rounded out by Corviknight, which is here to do the job as Defogger. It checks Kartana and Melmetal, which were a big threat before. Corviknight also provides momentum, which is good for getting Tyranitar, Tapu Lele or Blacephalon in.

1644968046855.png

Thank you! Gives a great idea on how to utilize this team. Any shoutouts you would like to give?

1644968062169.png

There are many people I could say hello to, be it the Random Battles community, the German community or my SPL team. But a big shoutout to mind gaming, who brought me into the competitive scene. Because through him I got to know Draft Leagues in 2014 and participated together with him and against him. Since then we have played many different tournaments or leagues. To this day we still do stuff together more often and that is something I will always keep in mind (no pun intended). Also huge thanks to xray and Gefährlicher Random who not only invited me to the WCOP team but also supported me in my Smogon Tour run. You can always count on those guys. Last but not least I would like to shoutout my homie ez. Playing the z0mog New Friends tournament with you was incredibly fun and even after that we had extraordinary amounts of fun, be it Showdownladder or Uniteladder. Thanks to everyone who has supported me on my journey so far. I guarantee you'll be seeing pixels under my name soon! Cheers
---
Thanks to Michealderbeste2 for the interview, and make sure to leave any questions below!​

Attachments

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Lieblingstrinkspiel?

Katze oder Hund?

Was ist dein zweitliebster Dinosaurier?

Welches Smogonturnier möchtest du am meisten gewinnen?

Welches Smogonturnier möchtest du am wenigsten gewinnen?

Was ist denn mit Karsten los?

Bier oder Wein?

Fuck / Marry / Kill: Relous, Lorenz, mind

Mit welchem Promi würdest du gerne mal einen Tag verbringen?

Wirst du vor mir eine Trophy gewinnen?

Hast du schonmal einen Tornado entzündet?

Barbara Salesch oder Alexander Hold?

Lieblingsessen?

Hättest du lieber Gefährlicher Random als einzigen Freund oder MAX UND MAX als Erzfeind?

Last edited:

MichaelderBeste2

is the Smogon Tour Season 35 Championis the 1st Smogon Masters Winner
World Defender
Lieblingstrinkspiel?
Beer Pong

Katze oder Hund?
Kittens are way to sweet :3

Was ist dein zweitliebster Dinosaurier?
Triceratops

Welches Smogonturnier möchtest du am meisten gewinnen?
OST, I wanna be like Lorenz and play my finals at 7 am

Welches Smogonturnier möchtest du am wenigsten gewinnen?
Classic, who likes Old Gens, the fuck? :worrywhirl:

Was ist denn mit Karsten los?
Das sieht ja gar nicht gut aus.

Bier oder Wein?
Definitely beer, what a question.

Fuck / Marry / Kill: Relous, Lorenz, mind
Fuck Lorenz, Marry mind and Kill Relous (together with his Lati, Glis, Pex Cores)

Mit welchem Promi würdest du gerne mal einen Tag verbringen?
DER BIERBÄR

Wirst du vor mir eine Trophy gewinnen?
Yeah, SPL

Hast du schonmal einen Tornado entzündet?
Unfortunately not, but I will soon, probably after our meetup after winning wcop

Barbara Salesch oder Alexander Hold?
Alexander Hold!

Lieblingsessen?
I don't really have one favourite. Probably something like Pizza Salami (Margherita is disgusting).

Hättest du lieber Gefährlicher Random als einzigen Freund oder MAX UND MAX als Erzfeind?
Max ist bereits mein Erzfeind :boi:

MichaelderBeste2

World Defender
Favourite 3 randomized formats and why?
1. Battle Factory: I really like playing tiers nowadays and I like playing under pressure when I have a bad matchup.
2. Gen8 Random Battles: The Classic. I mean, I have so many games in it, so I am forced to like it.
3. Hackmons Cup: Probably the best way to calm down after a stresful day. When Hackmons Cup Cup? ;)

What would you say are the main competitive facets from Random Battles that helped you bring to OU and teambuilding metas?
I wanted to know more about the pokemon. I wanted to build special movesets with them. So I thought, after several hundreds of Randbats, it would be time to show that I wanna improve myself by playing OU. But I will never forget them or stop playing them because you always go back to the roots. :D

Why are you so cool?
I was born in a freezer :worrywhirl:

Wer sind die 5 besten deutschen Poketuber (spielerisch)?

Wer sind die 5 besten deutschen Poketuber (unterhaltungstechnisch)?

Bei welchen deutschen Poketubern bist du Twitch Sub oder wärst es gern?

xray / Tony / FMG, fuck marry kill

Schaust du Anime? Wenn ja was ist dein Favorit und welcher ist der Schlechteste?

Was war deine Lieblingsserie in der Kindheit?

Meinung zu Sparschweinen?

Was glaubst du, wem gehört jemandes PC?

Welche Yu-gi-oh! Karte ist cooler, Das Ding aus dem Krater, Drache der in der Höhle haust oder Roch aus dem Dunstschleiertal?

Was zockst du noch außerhalb von Pokemon?

Wenn du bei einem Wettrennen den Zweiten überholst, welcher Platz bist du dann?

Kaffee oder Tee?

Wer ist dein Lieblingssuperheld und warum?

×^2+6×-9=31 ×=?

In welchem Land würdest du gern mal Urlaub machen?

Glaubst du an Schicksal?

Yetis, weiße Riesen im Schneegestöber oder doch nur strittiges Hirngespinst?

Whats your favorite Oldgen?

Wann Rocket League?

MichaelderBeste2

World Defender
Giraffe Antilope oder Känguru?

你为什么用翻译你是个白痴吗?

Welches Raizen-Gericht magst du am liebsten?

was ist dein twitch bitte verlinken?

Warum tut RaiZen1704 jeden Tag Esel essen?

Who top three people you fucking hate in the Chinese server?

Definitely Känguru (Kangoroo) cause they can punch you right outta this thread.

You got me with this one :[

I will keep my twitch hidden :worrywhirl:

Cause RaiZen1704 likes donkeys, look at you :totodiLUL:

Good question actually, probably Isza jonfilch and ez

MichaelderBeste2

World Defender
Wer sind die 5 besten deutschen Poketuber (spielerisch)?

Wer sind die 5 besten deutschen Poketuber (unterhaltungstechnisch)?

Bei welchen deutschen Poketubern bist du Twitch Sub oder wärst es gern?

xray / Tony / FMG, fuck marry kill

Schaust du Anime? Wenn ja was ist dein Favorit und welcher ist der Schlechteste?

Was war deine Lieblingsserie in der Kindheit?

Meinung zu Sparschweinen?

Was glaubst du, wem gehört jemandes PC?

Welche Yu-gi-oh! Karte ist cooler, Das Ding aus dem Krater, Drache der in der Höhle haust oder Roch aus dem Dunstschleiertal?

Was zockst du noch außerhalb von Pokemon?

Wenn du bei einem Wettrennen den Zweiten überholst, welcher Platz bist du dann?

Kaffee oder Tee?

Wer ist dein Lieblingssuperheld und warum?

×^2+6×-9=31 ×=?

In welchem Land würdest du gern mal Urlaub machen?

Glaubst du an Schicksal?

Yetis, weiße Riesen im Schneegestöber oder doch nur strittiges Hirngespinst?

Whats your favorite Oldgen?

Wann Rocket League?

Bene (FullLifeGames), Nestfloh, Lord_Enz, Steve Parker, Minetube

Raizor, Nestfloh, Present, Bene, Maxi von Vogel

War Sub bei Nestfloh, bin gerade einer bei Raizor, aber abseits von den beiden gibt es in der deutschen Szene niemanden.

Fuck: xray (he is hot af) Marry: FMG (he is amazing) Kill: Tony (he is also amazing but unfortunately we separated a bit so yeah)

Leider habe ich neben One Piece, Beyblade, Pokemon und Danganronpa nichts gesehen, mein Favorit davon One Piece.

Lieblingsserie ist vermutlich Phineas & Ferb oder Cosmic & Wanda.

Hatte nie eins und finde ich generell eher unnötig tbh

PC, auch bekannt als Participium Coniunctum, gehört tatsächlich niemanden. Man kann aber zwischen PPP und PPA unterscheiden beim Partizip.

Drache der in der Höhle haust klingt schon sehr episch.

Nicht wirklich irgendwas. Selten noch Mario Kart, FIFA oder Rocket League.

Hä, Zweiter. Soll das ein Idiotentest sein?

Ich mag beides absolut gar nicht, aber schon Tee > Kaffee.

Mein Lieblingssuperheld is Spider-Man, einfach nur wegen Tom Holland.

×^2+6×-9=31 ×=?
(x+3)^2=49
x+3=7
x=4

Ich mag ja die Schweiz, würde aber auch gerne mal Urlaub in Frankreich machen.

Manchmal habe ich schon das Gefühl, dass etwas aus Schicksal entstanden ist. Aber ich bin nicht abergläubisch.

Yetis klingt wie Yeet, also gehe ich damit!

RBY is ziemlich spaßig, aber ADV is mein Favorit. SM und ORAS zählen ja nich als Old Gens, oder?

Hau mich an und wir machen die ganzen Lobbies fertig!

Do you watch anime? If so, what's your favorite show?

What is your preferred old gen to play/spectate? (1-5)

If they had a German master chef do you think RaiZen1704 would have a deep run or get eliminated the first episode?

Wummer oder Riffex?

Welches Essen ist die optimale Vorbereitung für einen Pokemon-Kampf?

Warum die 2?

FMK erz erzengel erzkrieger

Meinung dazu dass das Bier nicht kaputt ist?

Ist specs heatran dominating und was hat es mit Plan 1 auf sich?

Welcher Hund ist besser, Erwin's oder Luca's?

Team Deutschland übernachtet in einem Hotel mit 2er-Zimmern. Es gibt jedoch nur ein 1Personen-Bett im Raum. Mit wem wirst du dich zusammenkuscheln und wieso?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)