Other OU Laddering Achievements - Mk. IV

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
Here's Preservation and Quick Finisher: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-425713249
I was thinking of adding a new achievement.
This Isn't Even My Final Form
Win a battle using only alternate forms of Pokémon (Thundurus-Therian, Lopunny-Mega, Cherrim-Sunshine, Gastrodon-East, etc)

Let me know what you think of it!

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Here's Preservation and Quick Finisher: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-425713249
I was thinking of adding a new achievement.
This Isn't Even My Final Form
Win a battle using only alternate forms of Pokémon (Thundurus-Therian, Lopunny-Mega, Cherrim-Sunshine, Gastrodon-East, etc)

Let me know what you think of it!
I like the idea but I don't think the title fits the achievement. "This Isn't Even The Real Me" or "It's Just An Alternative Me" fit better in my opinion.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Super Underrated
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-425996605
One-Man Army
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-426005055
Unarmed
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-426009987
=== [ou] Itemless ===

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Garchomp
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance

Manaphy
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

Latios
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Defog

Gengar
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Breloom
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Force Palm
- Mach Punch

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
UPDATE 9/1/2016 (oh no the summer is over)
Added the achievement "Not the Real Me" (thank you for the name suggestion Amane Misa) to the Ultimate Tier Achievements. I figured that if I added it to a lower one, then that would mean I'd have to take away the "-God" achievements from everyone, which would be no fun. Obviously I can't keep stacking the Ultimate Tier with new achievements, so this is just a temporary solution.
Not the Real Me

Win a battle using only the alternative forms of Pokémon; i.e. Lopunny-Mega, Gastrodon-East, Cherrim-Sunshine, Thundurus-T. The Pokémon doesn't necessarily have to enter the battle in this form, but it must be in the form at some point in the battle.
Achievers:

Thank you all for the continued support!

NOTE: For those who don't know, if I like your post it means that I've verified the achievement, and that you should be on the achiever list soon enough. If you don't get the achievement, I'll let you know.

That should be all. Happy achieving!

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
Not the Real Me: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-429403189

Love the idea of adding new achievements!

Is it ok to suggest achievements?
Suggesting achievements is fine. In fact, if you look at the existing ones, you'll see that many have been introduced because of a suggestion.

If anyone plans to suggest a new achievement, I suggest looking at this list that I made of what defines a good achievement. Please note that I made it in about 5 minutes so it's not that good.
  • Is the achievement not too dependent on a specific, very unlikely event occurring regardless of the player's skill? (Basically: Is it not too dependent on luck?) A non-example of this would be a removed achievement that requires three of the player's Pokémon to be frozen solid.
  • Does the achievement encourage players to do things that they haven't done before?
  • Does it encourage creativity (using a specific strategy in battle)?
Please note that none of these are completely mandatory, because we've had good achievements (such as Hot Turkey) that don't follow one or more. Just consider them when making a new achievement.

One more thing about creating new achievements: As I said before, I don't have a permanent place for new ones, so suggestions for such a place are appreciated.

I'll add these guidelines to the OP under a new hide tag. In other news Xenforo is bad (see Ultimate Tier).

Happy achieving (and creating new achievements)!

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, as for now I got two cool ideas. Imo one is better than the other but I will post both anyways just for the lols. I hope you will like them haha.

Consecutive: (The better one of the two imo) Use a team consists of Rhyhorn (#111), Corsola (#222), Swablu (#333), Gabite (#444), Darmanitan (#555) and Vivillon (#666)

I don't think this is too dependent on luck. You got a very powerful wallbreaker (Darmanitan), a sweeper (Vivillon) and Rhyhorn, Corsola and Gabite got a very decent bulk.

I think it does encourage players to do thing they haven't done before like trying to win mostly with non-viable OU Pokémon that have their niches.

And I think it does encourage creativity because you gotta take into consideration that most Pokémon aren't too viable (but as stated before, have their niches) but I don't think you can only use a single strategy.

Quite Alphabetic: Use a team with Pokémon in an alphabetic order (examples: Ambipom, Blastoise, Cacturne, Delphox, Eelektross and Frogadier or Magmar, Nidoking, Octillery, Pyroar, Quagsire, Raikou and etc.)

It's not too dependent on luck because you can build a nice team, pretty sure no one have ever thought of making a team like this so it's pretty creative and I don't think you have to use a specific strategy in battle.

Got an idea:

(Idk what to call it yet)
Win with a team of six consecutive Pokemon in the national pokedex. Uber Pokemon may be skipped. An example team would be treeko, grovyle, sceptile, torchic, combusken, and mudkip (since blaziken is in ubers)

Wording could probably be better, but you get the point

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)