Cobalion @ Expert Belt
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 228 SAtk / 28 Atk
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock

This core is both offensive and defensive. It's offensive in Cobalion's case, and defensive in Latias's case, and Cobalion has Stealth Rock. The stats and synergy is perfect. I use this with SubDisable Gengar and Standard Cloyster, and it works really well! The team where I use this core is based around the philosophy that a team member performs one role, yet fulfills another for another teammate. For example, Cobalion acts as a mixed attacker, yet sets hazards for Gengar and Cloyster. Latias sets up Dual Screens, and also acts as a suicide cleric for the sweepers. It's a delicate balance.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
:> I like this one!

Latias (F) @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor

AND

Cobalion @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 Spd / 228 SAtk / 28 Atk
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock

This core is both offensive and defensive. It's offensive in Cobalion's case, and defensive in Latias's case, and Cobalion has Stealth Rock. The stats and synergy is perfect. I use this with SubDisable Gengar and Standard Cloyster, and it works really well! The team where I use this core is based around the philosophy that a team member performs one role, yet fulfills another for another teammate. For example, Cobalion acts as a mixed attacker, yet sets hazards for Gengar and Cloyster. Latias sets up Dual Screens, and also acts as a suicide cleric for the sweepers. It's a delicate balance.
90 base in both Sp/A is pitiful by UU standards, even more so in OU. I wouldn't advise using it as part of a "offensive" core.

A few notes on Cobalion...

90 base in both Sp/A is pitiful by UU standards, even more so in OU. I wouldn't advise using it as part of a "offensive" core.
Let me reword Cobalion's role(s).

1. Offensive Pivot

2. Stealth Rock user

3. Scout

If added another more offensive pokemon to the core, would it be more stronger? As in a three pokemon core. Not a replacement, as you may hope :naughty:.

This core is probably my current fav core:

Breloom @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Focus Punch
- Spore

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 184 Def / 80 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Baton Pass
- Rock Polish

And yes, I know that this core is weak to ice, you can and should cover that weakness with other 4 members. This is offensive core which relies little on surprise factor, yet it isn't too gimmick. Idea is to set up Rock Polish with Gliscor and pass the +2 speed to Breloom, which outspeeds most of the OU pokes and use Spore. Then uses Focus Punch couple times. While Jolly nature might seem weird as Breloom isn't that fast but it's other thing that causes surprises, as Brelooms usually use Adamant nature to hit harder with STAB Bullet Seed and Mach Punch. Breloom can 2HKO Standard Skarmory with Focus Punch along with couple of other things.
Since Breloom can't switch in to powerful attacks you need to predict correctly and hope that they will either switch out or use move that doesn't do much to Breloom.

You should try to use this core with pokemons that like extra speed and ideally resist Ice such as Heatran.

This core is probably my current fav core:

Breloom @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Focus Punch
- Spore

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 184 Def / 80 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Baton Pass
- Rock Polish

And yes, I know that this core is weak to ice, you can and should cover that weakness with other 4 members. This is offensive core which relies little on surprise factor, yet it isn't too gimmick. Idea is to set up Rock Polish with Gliscor and pass the +2 speed to Breloom, which outspeeds most of the OU pokes and use Spore. Then uses Focus Punch couple times. While Jolly nature might seem weird as Breloom isn't that fast but it's other thing that causes surprises, as Brelooms usually use Adamant nature to hit harder with STAB Bullet Seed and Mach Punch. Breloom can 2HKO Standard Skarmory with Focus Punch along with couple of other things.
Since Breloom can't switch in to powerful attacks you need to predict correctly and hope that they will either switch out or use move that doesn't do much to Breloom.

You should try to use this core with pokemons that like extra speed and ideally resist Ice such as Heatran.
Why not add Heatran to the core? It lacks speed, so ScarfTran would work.

Why not add Heatran to the core? It lacks speed, so ScarfTran would work.
Even tough I use Flame Charge Heatran along with this core, I treat it as a "solo player". I't kinda hard for me to explain this, but the point is that I don't think it as part of the core.

My main priority with this core is to pass speed boost to Breloom, Which then starts punching holes in the team. Then my other pokes can utilize the "holes" to either set up or clean up the rest.

Disclaimer:
The following core could be considered is a gimmick, although it can be very effective and not that hard to pull of. It is more of an fun idea for some casual laddering.

Durant @ Life Orb
Trait: Truant
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Entrainment

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Durant can replace the opponent's ability with Truant via Entrainment. Durant is the only Pokemon that has this combination and it's like it was made for it. Base 109 speed is fast enough to outspeed most things and its paper thin special bulk actually helps it. Because as soon as it has tricked Truant onto the opposing Pokemon it is supposed to die, so that Dugtrio can come in and trap it. From this point it will use Hone Claws on every turn the opponent is loafing around, while protecting on the on the attacking turn. As soon it is at +6 Dugtrio can sweep pretty easily with EdgeQuake coverage and base 120 speed. Focus Sash let's it survive revenge killing attempts.
Problems for this core are non grounded Pokemon, more than priority user and walls like Skarmory, which can live +6 Stone Edge.
All in all the core isn't as bad as it looks, although it is still pretty bad, and really fun when you manage to pull it of.

Here is replay of me sweeping a whole team with just these two: http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-17975167
Using this to hilarious results.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Guys, not to be a spoilsport but this gimmick is like ancient, (check the first few featured replay in the PS! replay section), hilarious nonetheless, but hardly what you'd call revolutionary.

OK, so what about a twist on the traditional VoltTurn core
Mew@Leftovers
Synchronize
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spd/4 HP
Nature: Modest
- Volt Switch
- Psychic
- Aura Sphere
- Surf

Scizor@Life Orb
Technician
EVs: 252 Atk/252 HP/4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Roost

This core is simply amazing. Scizor is mainly walled by Jellicent, Gyarados and Heatran. With Volt Switch, Mew takes care of the first two with Volt Switch and beats Heatran hands down with Surf. Meanwhile, Dark and Ghost types looking to beat Mew are thoroughly conned when he volt switches out for Scizor, who pursuit traps Ghost types and can Roost off any damage before U-Turning out.

A cleric like Blissey does amazing with this set, as Mew can take the Will-O-Wisp meant for Scizor from Jellicent, burn Jellicent in the process and later be healed by Blissey(a Custap Healing Wish set has been my favorite so far).

hey guys i would like to put my offensive core on here. teammate suggestions would be nice ok here we go

Latios@choice scarf
Levitate 252spa/252spd/4spd timid

draco meteor
surf
pcychock
trick

landorus-therian@life orb
intimidate 252atk/252spd/4hp adamant
earthquake
u-turn
stone edge
stealth rock

Infernape@life orb
blaze 224atk/32spa/252spd naive
close combat
u-turn
overheat
stone edge

This team is an all out offensive team. draco meteor rapes everything that is not ferrothorn or any stell for that matter, although it does 2hko 248 hp scizor. infernape wallbreaks for the team, taking out blissey for latios and ferrothorn for landorus therian. dorus-t beast physical attacker with edgequake and u-turn to scout and switch. please give me any suggestions

Guys, not to be a spoilsport but this gimmick is like ancient, (check the first few featured replay in the PS! replay section), hilarious nonetheless, but hardly what you'd call revolutionary.
I didn't know that were featured replays until yesterday, which was quite disappointing to find out. On the other hand that replay is weak. Who needs a full team of six Pokemon?

cloyster, max hp/def. shell armor for no BS crits
spikes, tspikes, rapid spin, ice shard

with

landorus-t, max hp/def. intimidate.
sr, eq, uturn, filler

both with lefties

good defensive core, have good type synergy together. cloyster stops dragons and together they have all 3 hazards + rapid spin. as with most defensive cores, you can't expect this one to last forever since neither have recovery, so they fit really well on semi-stall or balanced teams that have other things to fill in their holes, or strike after these guys have laid down hazards.

I've been using this core lately and I've had pretty good success. I haven't run into many issues and seems solid enough for me to get some critique.

Rhaegar (Dragonite) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Superpower
- ExtremeSpeed
- Outrage

Pony Express (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Ja'far (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

This core is pretty offensive. I started with Landorus and Dragonite then needed something to beat Mamoswine and Keldeo fit that role. U-Turn Landorus lets me U-turn on the incoming Lati@s that it can't beat alone and puts it in a range where Dragonite's Extreme Speed can take them out after Stealth Rocks damage. Besides that I seem to handle just about everything without too many issues. As far as team mates for this core goes a spinner is nice to have to keep Multiscale intact. Stealth Rocks and spikes are crucial makes this cores task much easier so a settler like Ferrothorn works.

Any suggestions are welcome.

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
I've been using this core lately and I've had pretty good success. I haven't run into many issues and seems solid enough for me to get some critique.

Rhaegar (Dragonite) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Superpower
- ExtremeSpeed
- Outrage

Pony Express (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Ja'far (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

This core is pretty offensive. I started with Landorus and Dragonite then needed something to beat Mamoswine and Keldeo fit that role. U-Turn Landorus lets me U-turn on the incoming Lati@s that it can't beat alone and puts it in a range where Dragonite's Extreme Speed can take them out after Stealth Rocks damage. Besides that I seem to handle just about everything without too many issues. As far as team mates for this core goes a spinner is nice to have to keep Multiscale intact. Stealth Rocks and spikes are crucial makes this cores task much easier so a settler like Ferrothorn works.

Any suggestions are welcome.
That's a pretty cool offensive core. I love CB Dnite. A few comments though. First, I prefer running Dragon Claw over Superpower just because I can still KO stuff I need without getting locked in. I've used Band Dnite a lot recently, and I can attest to how useful it is. Overall, not many changes can be made really. I can see a well played Latios or Latias doing well against you, but that is rather inherent in the core itself.

Tyranitar (M) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SDef / 24 Spd
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Perish Song

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Recover

Great defensive core I use. It's an interesting Dark/Psychic/Ghost core, and Celebi and Jellicent, also have a little water/grass;physically defensive/specially defensive core going. Celebi stops set up sweepers with Perish Song, Jellicent deals with other defensive pokes with taunt and toxic, and neuters physical threats with scald. T-tar traps psychics sets up rocks and can whittle down walls to a degree, but because of the lack in power, he mostly just takes hits like a monster in the sand. This core is extremely hard to kill.

Politoed @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SAtk / 32 Spd
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Focus Blast / Hypnosis / Toxic

Kyurem-B @ Leftovers
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 216 Atk / 232 Spd
Lonely Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam

Feraligatr @ Splash Plate
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

This is one of my favourite offensive cores at the moment. It's based around facilitating a Feraligatr sweep - which is one of the most underrated lategame sweepers in the current metagame. Although it requires a bit of support to work, few other Pokémon can be as good of a win condition. Kyurem-B is one of the best offensive partners for Feraligatr, as it can easily set up on almost everything that troubles it, whilst hitting extremely hard with its insane base 170 Attack. Politoed provides the rain needed to power up Feraligatr's Water STAB, and can weaken the opponent's Water resist by virtue of specs-boosted Surfs. Psychic is necessary for dealing with Toxicroak/Keldeo, but really the last moveslot is entirely optional depending on what you want to do. Breloom can be threatening to this core, but it's not too difficult to check with another team member. It is advised that you have a source of entry hazards, especially Stealth Rock, which Feraligatr greatly appreciates for aiding its sweep. A spinner is also useful but not essential for this core.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 212 Spd / 252 SAtk / 44 HP
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dragon Pulse / Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse / Superpower
- Surf
- Tailwind

Tornadus @ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave / Taunt
- Focus Blast
- Tailwind

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

Here's a little Tailwind core that works wonders on Rain HO. The purpose is to do as much damage with Tornadus and Hydreigon before cleaning up with a Tailwind-aided Specs Keldeo. This is fairly easy to do, given that each of these guys has incredible Special Attack and phenomenal coverage. Also, the synergy is great: Keldeo covers Tornadus' Ice and Rock weakness, Hydreigon its Electric weakness; Tornadus covers Hydreigon's Fighting and Bug weakness, Keldeo has it on Ice; and Hydreigon covers Keldeo's Psychic, Electric, and Grass weaknesses.

On Hydreigon, I personally prefer Dragon Pulse over Draco Meteor, lets me do more damage with my other special moves and squeeze every drop out of Tailwind. Same with Dark Pulse over Superpower, which gives me a potent way to eliminate Jellicent, who threatens this core. If you opt for Superpower, put the HP EVs into Attack. Try it out, you won't be disappointed!

I actually really like this core and have used it on a rain team, it performed amazingly well however special defensive rotom wash was a little annoying to handle other than that all I can say is ferrothorn greatly aided this team with spike and stealth rock support.

Thundurus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 100 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Agility
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Garchomp (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stealth Rock

Breloom (F) @ Focus Sash
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

This is a core I've been tinkering with for sometime that focused around getting a sweep from bulky thundurus therian which is incredibly underrated. The set itself has the capacity to sweep through entire teams with some threats to it removed. Most notable were the pink blobs, and ferrothorn. Hence how to overpower special walls? Use a physical attacking core, Garchomp was first because it allowed me to nail ferrothorn for some decent damage and also help rack up residual damage on my opponent with some rough skin damage. Garchomp was also chosen because it is the best bulky offensive stealth rocker around besides maybe kaboom mew. It also allowed me to better handle sand teams such. Having a dragon is never a bad thing to have around as I could outspeed and kill off lucario a rare sight but still a threat nonetheless. Breloom was next up because it was able to handle blissey something that I absolutely hate to face. Breloom brought with it a nice form of priority and a way to pound through rain teams early on to help aid thundurus therian sweep through some teams. Breloom also brought with it the ability to incapacitate a pokemon essentially for the rest of the match with spore which was nice to have around. So there you have it let me know what you guys think.

Thundurus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 100 Spd
- Agility
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Garchomp (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stealth Rock

Breloom (F) @ Focus Sash
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

Thanks for the love, man. Just FYI, your core gets wrecked by LO Mamoswine, or Weavile, or Abomasnow...pretty much anything with Ice Shard and decent attack. Might be a good idea to pair this with Skarmory/Bronzong/Forretress, or run on a rain team with bulky Politoed or Keldeo. Great core, though!

Keldeo
@ Choice Scarf | Justified
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Timid
Hydro Pump | Surf | Secret Sword | Hidden Power Ice

+

Scizor
@ Flying Gem | Technician
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe | Jolly
Swords Dance | Acrobatics | Bullet Punch | Superpower

This is a pretty nifty and fun core that is centered around eliminating Keldeo's counters. Despite the common belief, Tyranitar cannot actually remove ALL of Keldeo's counters. It can trap Lati@s, yes. But that's where it ends. Jellicent have been growing smarter and have been speed creeping to nail Banded Tyranitar's with a well-timed Will-o-Wisp. Celebi now have Baton Pass to bypass your petty attempts to Pursuit it as it flees. Even Latias has Substitute occasionally to scout for the Tyranitar switch-in. Truth be told, Tyranitar is not fairing well against a lot of Keldeo's counters nowadays. But that's where Scizor comes in. With a fun Flying Gem + Acrobatics set, Scizor can effectively lure in a lot of Keldeo's counters and it becomes an amazing partner. A +2 Acrobatics with Flying Gem and Technician whacks Gyarados, Tentacruel, Jellicent, etc. which Tyranitar only wishes. Additionally, Scizor has the perk of actually hitting Celebi as well. Celebi rarely carry HP Fire on the SpDef set since it's so piss weak, and most SpDef Celebi are slower than Jolly Scizor. Because of this, you can capitalize on Celebi and fake being Banded. They will Baton Pass and you can outspeed and Acrobatics. This will almost OHKO Celebi meaning Keldeo can sweep. Good game in my opinion. This core is pretty cool and it works in any team really. Try it out!

Yeah, i knew about this core.

The problem with Jolly nature is that cannot HKO stuff like Jellicent or Tentacruel, "fast" Tentacruel outrun Jolly Scizor.

I really like that core and have been using it for quite some time (it was on one of my peak ladder teams which was also my OU team for Smogon Tour, even though i didn't do well) I used it in combination with Kingdra, who benefits from Acrobatics Scizor like mad. Along with Keldeo as a revenge killer for a Hyper Offense team. I think the main problem about this core it relies too much on the fact that Scizor lures them rather than the ability to switchin, since Scizor hates Scald. Even so, Pokemon like Tentacruel, Celebi and other Rain Stall mons are starting to become seen with Jirachi or Skarmory, so you will end up having trouble there since they would rather send Skarmory over Tenta vs Scizor (at least from my experience)

Kingdra (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SAtk / 228 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Rain Dance

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Roar/Stealth Rock

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Recover
- Toxic/Perish Song/Stealth Rock

this is a cool core that i like to use. it synergize's pretty well, there is almost no unboosted hit that can't be taken between the trio. kingdra takes away other weathers as well as be a huge pain to rain teams late in the game. weather teams alike dislike dealing with this core, rain teams hate Kingdra and specially defensive Celebi, while sun teams hate Heatran and especially Kingdra, because it means you have to keep Ninetales alive. while it may seem like kingdra's rain bothers heatran, it's usually not the case.

alternative moveslots were SR if you don't already have rocks on a teammate, or Roar if you do. for Celebi, Toxic is because this core is boned by Jellicent otherwise, (Giga Drain does pathetic damage) but if your teammates can deal with Jellicent, Perish Song is another option for wallbreaking but I recommend either Perish Song or Roar. but again, SR is an option if you don't need Toxic or Perish Song.

I don't really like that core, it's kinda destroyed by any offensive core ( Keldeo hp bug / Landorus / Ttar doesn't have any problem ) and the weather you try to counter can easily deal with it. ( Ferrothorn under the rain can set-up hazards on both Celebi and Kingdra and Heatran is easy to deal with / Once the Baloon is gone, Dugtrio can easily trapp and kill Heatran...)
I feel like it's not antimetagame enough to really benefiting from the standards team and pull out a win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)