Project OU Community Create a Team | COMPLETED (see p. 22, post #545)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedor

thiccc
hello! i'm sorry this had to drag on this long, i have been busy with stuff that is out of my control, but things are now gonna run smoothly again. thank you to starry blanket for managing the last phase n_n. aside from that, here are the results to decide the next member of the team!

7 votes
0 votes
0 votes
6 votes

with that close difference, mega lopunny is the second member of the team alongside terrakion making the current build mega lopunny + terrakion!

i'll be opening the third suggestion phase of this round now; you guys have from now until next tuesday (july 19th) to submit your request. just provide a brief explanation on why your submission would be good alongside the current team.

again, things are now gonna be running properly as they once were, sorry for the delay but have fun posting n_n

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split / Thunder Wave

Rotom-W synergizes quite nicely for a few reasons. The core of Lop + Terrak has a miserable Talonflame matchup (and some other flyers trouble the core as well, like Pinsir, which Terrak can drop to under certain conditions); it also needs a way to chip Clef for Lopunny sweeps since Terrak doesn't really lure in Clef, which Rotom-W can do with continuous Volt Switches; finally, these two struggle to switch into things due to their minimal bulk, which Rotom-W can patch up by providing slow Volt-Switch support. Rotom-W also provides the mandatory sand check which literally every OU team needs. Oh yeah, and Rotom-W helps patch up a huge weakness to bulky grounds and to a lesser extent bulky waters via its ability and typing. The only clear downside to this addition would be exacerbating a weakness to Breloom and to a lesser extent fat grasses, but those weaknesses aren't exactly difficult to patch up.

All in all, this would gear the team more towards a bulky offense style of build, which works quite well in the current meta.

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind / Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

The last two teams have been pretty offensive so it might be better to go for a more bulky offense style approach here. Slowbro functions as pretty nice glue giving the team a check to a several threats that could potentially pressure it otherwise. Keldeo , talonflame, opposing mega lopunny, hippowdon, and excadrill are all threats to these two checked by bro making it a decent partner. this could potentially be changed to slowking later on depending on how the team turns out.

Infernal

Banned deucer.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP / 236 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish / Fire Punch / Toxic

The core has a very obvious flaw in leaving you vulnerable to big threats like Mega Diancie, Mega Gardevoir, Latios, and so on. These Pokemon have to be covered somewhere down the line, and Jirachi fulfills this role well by providing your standard Steel-type supporting glue. It's capable of consistently and reliably handling the Pokemon mentioned earlier and gives the core a way of pivoting versus other nuisances like Mega Venusaur. Jirachi also brings SR to the table and keeps the core's offensive flow in mind with U-turn to safely bring Terrakion or Mega Lopunny in on common switch-ins like Heatran and Ferrothorn. Good mix of utility overall.

Jirachi's final move can be tailored towards the team's needs later on. For example, Fire Punch can be used to give Mega Scizor fewer opportunities to threaten the core assuming our build ends up too weak to this Pokemon during later stages. Toxic can be used to nail Slowbro and Ground-types like Hippowdon, both of which annoy Terrakion and Mega Lopunny. Finally, Healing Wish is always nice as a way to recover up your offensive core and provide them with a second chance to do their thing. In terms of weaknesses we'll need to cover assuming Jirachi is added, notable ones would be Excadrill, Talonflame, and Keldeo. There are several options to choose from to cover them later on, though, so this hopefully shouldn't end up being a big deal.

Last edited:
Nedor is gonna be busy for a little while, so i'll be finishing this round of CCAT for him. from there, the project will probably close until sun & moon come out; at that point, nedor will decide whether he wants to take on the project (again) for next gen or if someone else can do so. there were plans to revamp the OU workshop room, but due to nedor's busyness and a lot of the core workshop people quitting, that's probably not gonna happen by the time this team is finished, meaning there won't be a workshop for this team. odds are there'll be a discussion period when the team has all 6 members with input from myself and some other people.

with all that out of the way, here are your options to vote on:
as a reminder, the team so far is terrakion and mega lopunny. to vote, simply say the name of the pokemon you're voting for in bold. voting will be open until sunday night (7/24) EST.

closing! sorry i'm a day late; not used to running a project again yet hehe.

it's pretty clear that jirachi is the third member of our team, making the team (so far): terrakion | mega lopunny | jirachi. thanks everyone who voted!

submission period is now open from now until friday (7/29) or saturday (7/30) depending on activity! when posting, keep our team in progress (listed above) in mind n_n.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Toxic
- Heat Wave

Electric is a great typing that helps us dealing with opposing Flying-types and Water-types, with the Flying typing is very nice for preventing EQ spam. It also forms a VoltTurn core with Jirachi which is kind of nice, as well as providing another way to bring in Terrakion. Static can cripple fast Pokemon like Mega Loppunny or w/e; I didn't see a need for Defog (although maybe I'm wrong) so I went with Toxic to help further wear down walls. Oh yeah and Heat Wave is nice for Mega Scizor (especially if we don't go Fire Punch on Jirachi)

Rotom-W might be better because no SR weakness, but this has reliable recovery and Static is such a helpful ability that I think this might work best.

Oh yeah and if there's a better EV spread let me know!

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Roar

Suicune can be added here to check/phaze out mega scizor, zard x, and talonflame which can be massive pains to switch into if they come in on jirachi. Checking mega scizor is especially important for this team due to its ability to come in on any team member but terrakion and beat them all 1v1. in addition to this roar allows it to win calm mind wars with other threatening pokemon like slowbro.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 24 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Currently the build gets completely murked by waters, grounds, and threats like Talonflame, so Rotom-W feels incredibly obvious here. Provides nice VS support for Lop/Terrak as well. Lop + Rotom-W + stupidly good balance breaker has a been a solid framework for a while too, since Rotom-W covers the fliers that annoy Lop a ton (Pinsir/Talon).

EDIT: CELTIC WHY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)