OU Balanced Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first team I've Built so don't judge me too harsh. So far it's 6-1 with a 1679 rating. Any suggestions appreciated and ratings respected! :]

Ben Affleck (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Taunt
Mostly leads my team into battle unless there is an obvious lead counter. He's bulky and comes in handy late game. Improvements I'm sure can be made but not sure what I could add. I was thinking maybe Sub or Protect but I hate being that douche.

Walls of Jericho (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
The Special Wall of the team, and probably the most reliable and can really help you win late in the game, stalling and weakening the opponent for the sweepers. Pretty standard move set. Not sure if 252HP really helps.....

Natalie Portman (Forretress) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SDef / 252 HP
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic Spikes
The physical wall of the team and another very reliable and helpful asset to the team. The hazards really set tone of the match if you're able to get all your hazards up its pretty much gg from there.

Alduin (Salamence) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Fire Fang
- Outrage
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
Physical sweeper of the team. Able to 2HKO most pokemon. Latios and Latios really kill this guy easy but thats why I have the next guy on my team.

Criss Angel (Alakazam) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Electric]
My Special sweeper of the team. His move set is definitely up for change but Alakazam has so many moves that it can't use that it really make his move pool shallow.

Miley Cyrus' Vag (Cloyster) (F) @ King's Rock
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- Ice Shard
Another Physical sweeper that really helps sure up the team and helps prevent dragon sweeps.​

Last edited:
Not sure about a King's Rock on Cloyster. For some reason I thought King's Rock was banned. I would replace it with either a Sash or a White Herb.

For Salamence, I recommend using Fire Blast over Fire Fang as it is much more powerful against the likes of Skarmory/Ferrothorn etc. even without the EV investment. For this, change the EVs to 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SAtk and give it a Naive nature.

Also I'm not too sure on your reasoning for HP Electric on Alakazam.

Other than that it is a pretty nice team as far as I can see, though you do have 2 4x weaknesses to Ice.

Hi there, nice team. I do have some suggestions tho:

Change HP electric to either fire or ice, depending on what your biggest problem is: Steel types that resist focus blast or dragons?

Definatly give Cloyster white herb so you can easily set up against a physical pokemon without fearing a KO.

Your Salamence will, like TheWorm55 stated, benefit more from fire blast. The fire move on him is to deal with steel types and most of those are physical walls so fire blast will add more dammage. Also you may want to change aqua tail to dragon claw because only having outrage may cause you to loose salamence too early in the game.

Blissey should run 252 Def 252 SpDef 4 HP EVs, this makes her survive weak physical attacks. Also i would recommend using wish over softboiled so you can heal up forretress when needed.
This also allows you to exchange Roost on gliscor for Ice fang for example.

On a side note: Rules say 3 lines of information per pokemon so you might want to expand.

Just to point it out: it's actually quite a nice team!
But the main and worst problem (just as TheWorm55 stated): you have 2 Pokemon with 4x ice type weakness! Try to counter that with some more fire type moves (for example: give Alakazam HP Fire instead of Electric and just as the others ^ stated, give Salamence fire blast instead of fire fang, maybe less accuracy, but definitely worth the power.)
Also, maybe give Blissey moves like Heal Bell and Wish, just to support your team a little more ;)

Oh and try Rock Blast on Cloyster, it goes great with Icicle Spear as it can hit Fire, Flying and Ice types neutrally.

Good luck with your team!

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
los rules said:
Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it. The standard description length required is three to four lines, if you need more insight look on the detail part, check out the RMT Archive.
Sorry, but I'm going to lock this thread, since it's breaking this rule. PM me and updated version of your descriptions and I'll unlock your thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)