[OU-5G]The Ballad of Gay Tony !

Hi everyone, this is my first RMT I post on Smogon, although I had some teams I think many people here already knows and recognizes. I have posted them on some french RMT... Anyway it's not important. So yes, I play with frenchies, but I'm not really french, I'm from Georgia (the country not the state x) ) and... my english is not great x) Anyway I'll try to do what I can by my own =p
That was a little introduction because not every one know me here.
So yeah it's a 5-gen RMT, it is a VERY classic team and I'm sure if I don't post it someone else could do it, because I'm sure I'm not the only one who decided to use this 6 pokemons together. Yes, there is no real metagame for now, no real rules. For example Deoxys is OU and I'm abusing of it a bit haha. I also want to add that it won't be a very developped RMT, although for what I'm used to do aha... Those who have seen my french RMTs know I often right very very much xD But my poor english and the fact this team is not like revolutionnary or played in a very serious metagame won't allow me to do that. I also want to add that this team made my easily enter in the Beta Server top 5.
So anyway let's go to our pokemons.

JustTheBest. (Deoxys-S) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Psycho Boost

Deoxys-S is usually the one who I send as a lead. Because... Like his name says it... He's the best ! Seriously I find him great for spiking, and this mothafucka is really bulky. With this EV spread I can OHKO almost any of Roopushin/Machamp who often are trying to anti-lead me and in addition being 3HKO by EQ of Swampert or Hippodown who are pretty common leads in this new metagame. If I see that the opponent has Espeon, or one of the pokemons with Mischivious Heart, I of course don't lead with Deoxys. I usually lead with Tyranitar against this ones, so I can setup my sandstorm and easily break them, as the grass dude (forgot his name xD ) takes more than 90% from stone edge, and all the others are OHKOed.
Also if I see a Deoxys in the opponent's team, same I lead with Tyranitar, because I'm pretty sure they'd have more speed EVs than me. Except scarfed pokemons, the only one who can outspeed Deoxys (even without speed EVs) is... Deoxys xD

So to resume and I'm pretty sure you already gussed that, this lead's objective is to setup as much entry hasard as possible to help my other pokemon's sweep, spikes will be very usefull for Randorosu, allowing him for example to OHKO Nattorei after one SD after two spikes pile.
I don't want to post all the lead machups, as there are too much of them in 5G, so if you have some concrete questions about the lead machups, ask me and I'll answer (Y)

Tyraniboss (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Tyranitar... Who could imagine a sandstorm without Tyranitar ?... Hippodown players I guess HAHA ! Ok, that wasn't funny.
No seriously, I really didn't want to play Hippodown as I wanted the team to be as much offensive as it could be. So I used the good old full spe def banded Tyranitar who helped me out in some old 4G teams. He helps against some special sweepers, like Lati@s, and also in breaking some annoying stallers like Burungeru. And OF COURSE he hits like a beast on any one who tries him :D Also he goes pretty well with Deoxys, like I've said before I can cover almost all the lead "metagame" with this two dudes.
What about the nickname ? He's just a BAWS. Nothing to add.

Dead Tony (Burungeru) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Surf
- Toxic

I wanted a full sweep. But... We don't always get what we want ! I really had bad times for taking Water/Ice attack and I too often got rapid spinned, so Burungeru was the best choice. This EVs spread allow him to survive most of Shadow Balls/T-bolts that come to him and be a pretty decent physical wall. Toxic over Will-O-Wisp because common switch ins on him are other Burungerus, Rotom-Ws, and other annoying walls that can be toxiced. Also with Recover it goes pretty good together. I hadn't no real need of burning any one, as often the only sweeps that will stay on him won't be waiting for Ice Beam and will by sanctionned by it.
But I try to use this guy as less as possible, as like I've said it many times before I wanted one very offensive team, but I HAD to have a good Water/Ice wall.
Why Dead Tony ? Because I wasn't inspired xD And I found for an unknown reason for me that the formula "Adjective + Tony" is pretty cool x) And... Burungeru is probably dead, as he's a ghost =p

GAY TONY (Doryuuzu) (M) @ Balloon
Trait: Sand Throw
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

Who could imagine a Sandstorm without Doryuzu ? Honestly I hate playing him full speed, because it's only for the speed ties against other Doryuzuus, as he outspeeds EVERYONE else in the whole metagame with his special ability + Sandstorm. (except the gimmick scarfs like Deoxys or Ninjask maybe aha)
I had try Rapid Spin and Substitute over X-Scissor but I got annoyed pretty badly by Lati@s and absolutely walled by Breloom or Celebi, so I finally opted for this move.
Baloon is a pretty classic item on him allowing him to be immune to very much offensive move combinations.

Finally, I think I don't need to explain the "I sharply raise my attack with a 405 attack and 550 speed to sweep the opponent" concept, do I ?
I'll just add that he's a finisher, I use him only if the other guys couldn't sweep. If I see the opponent uses a sandstorm team I use him only after I broke the foe's Doryuzus baloon (if he has one) so I'm sure this annoying bitch wan't be dangerous for me.
I call him GAY TONY because he's an absolute (BAN ME PLEASE) =D

AMERICA IS ME (Randorosu) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Swords Dance
- Knock Down

Ok. Here I'm REALLY proud of the moveset. I think it's the only not classic and a bit original thing in my team. Fly seems gimmick at first but no, it's his most usefull move. I was wandering about how could I regain some life, as he had no access to roost... His defensively great double type really made me want to have something to recover... So I opted for Fly. Not only it is a great stab (it OHKOs Lati@s, Sazandora and many others after one Sword Dance) but it let's me abuse a bit of lefties and maybe even scout the opponent.
Next Knock Down... WTF is this move doing on him ? oO You will ask. It's JUST great. Its base power is not great (50, or 75 with SS stab) but still it allows me to afford most of KOs Rock Slide/Stone Edge would do at +2, but in addition it REALLY helps me against Skarmory, Glicsor, Rotom, and other bitches who want to wall him, even if Skarmory phazes me after I Knock Downed it, any of my pokemons can finish him with an Earthquake (except Deoxys who will probably be dead haha) and the opponent rarely switchs, as he's not so often awared of the side effects of the attack.

Earthquake is double-stabbed with Sandstorm due to his special ability and has just an insane damaging power, even without Sword Dance, so if I knock Downd my opponent... He WILL suffer.

The only pokemons who are not effrayed of Knock Down + Earthquake are... Grass pokemons HAHA ! Who are absolutely destroyed by stabbed Fly. So with this moveset my coverture is of... Yes. My coverture is of 100%.

Why his nickname ? I don't know, he looks like a boss who would say this kind of things I guess xDD

OneModafucka (Garchomp) (M) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Outrage
- Swords Dance

The old good Uber Garchomp :')

I know Adamant + Salac Berry is not great, as 100 BS scarfed pokemons will outspeed him, but I really needed the Adamant attack boost, which allows me to 2HKO Skarmory with Outrage after one Sword Dance.
What to say about this guy... You sub, you Sword Dance, you deal insane damage to the opponent and you leave. I usually be the one to start stepping on the foe's defenses so my two other Sword Dancer can end the game.
He can also be a not bad finisher with Salac Berry Boost.
You got the nickname, he's really a mothafucka !

So that's the team pals. I hope you liked it. Threat List is comming soon, of course it can't really be full in this new metagame but I'll do what I can I promise =)

Anyway, of course every one who wants to try it can do so !

And of course all the critics are welcome, as it can only help me to improve.

Also my english is really poor and I apologize for it, if any one finds it's too hard to understund don't mind telling me which sentences I wrote like a dick and I'll try to correct them xD
Have fun !

Magic coat>psycho boost. This allows you deal with mischevous heart leads a lot better, reflecting taunt back at them allowing you to set up more hazards. Also run max speed to set up at least 2 layers of hazards and run max speed jolly to speed tie with other deoxys.

Also boil over> surf on burungeru as it allows youti spread burns crippling tyranitar and physcial attackers.

Finally ttar,doryuzzu and chompy are all missing 4 evs

I can't agree on Magic Coat, I see far too many Roobushin/Machamp leads and I have absolutely no one to send on them as in opposite I can send Tyranitar on Mischevous heart leads.
Also I can't run max speed, this would only help me to speed tie other Deoxys leads and as I've already said I send Tyranitar on them and the bulky EV spread helps me A LOT against maaaany common leads, as this Deoxys being OHKOed by almost nothing (except banded Tyranitar Crunch, or stabbed special supper effective moves) which already allows me to setup at least two layers of spikes.
Boil Over, yes, it is my error, it's just that I ran Will-O-Wisp before and forgot to change Surf on Boil Over while I changed WoW on Toxic, thanks.
Also thanks for the 4 Evs, that's not much but is still important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)