Tournament Other Metagames Premier League IV - Week 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
HunterStorm was last seen: Sunday at 5:20 PM

did he even know he had a game

In case of a tie at the end of week 5, a best of 3 game will be played between the teams that are tied. The 3 OMs played will include Anything Goes* and a unique OM other than AG picked by the manager of each team. If there are more than 2 teams tied, the win/loss difference will be used to identify the two teams that will play the tiebreaker to get the second slot in finals.
imas does this mean that differential only applies in three-way ties, not two-way ones? Because if that's the case, then all of my playoff scenarios are wrong lol

That would mean that we're in a tiebreaker, regardless of differential, if we have the same amount of points, which means that instead of both penguin and curve having to win to force a tie, we only need one of them to force a tiebreaker against the Blisseys and both winning would actually send us straight through...

...thanks zang for pointing this out, provided I didn't read it wrong

imas does this mean that differential only applies in three-way ties, not two-way ones? Because if that's the case, then all of my playoff scenarios are wrong lol

That would mean that we're in a tiebreaker, regardless of differential, if we have the same amount of points, which means that instead of both penguin and curve having to win to force a tie, we only need one of them to force a tiebreaker against the Blisseys and both winning would actually send us straight through...

No, they mean a tie for second place.

Yes, I added the differential so that it becomes easy to pick 2 out for a tiebreaker in case a 3 way tie happens (i personally didn't feel like the w/l difference over 5 weeks is a reliable metric for who's worth moving on. if you guys have an issue with it, it's too late to change it now but we can change it for the next iteration). If you guys tie in points at the end of this week, we get a tiebreaker before finals.

In other news, bad scheduling strikes again with Gunner Rohan and thelinearcurve as they scheduled over PS(...) the first time and curve missed the friday time they agreed on [no idea what the time was because bad scheduling]. Apparently, they agreed to fight on sunday if friday didn't work out but never decided on a proper time so that was missed again. So, amidst the clusterfuck that was this scheduling session, it seems curve did miss the friday time and the conversation suggests that he's free today 10pm onwards at gmt +10. Gunner says he's free after 5:30 gmt +4, which would be 1.5 hours after 10 pm gmt +10 and in the time range provided by curve (10pm - infinity). I suggest you try and make this time because you missed friday, because otherwise gunner just wins by activity.

Also, please post in the scheduling vm at the decided time so i can know who was there and who wasn't. Please schedule better next year :(

OK apateonas and all falls down scheduled a time i guess but nothing in the vm tells me who was more active. Then two subs were made and level 56 reached out (15 hours ago) but has not yet gotten a reply, in fact smogon says afd hasn't been seen since saturday. I don't think I can really make an activity call here and there's no time left to actually schedule and carry out a match so i did a coin flip.

[16:25:05] #imas: !pick all falls down, level 56
We randomly picked:
level 56
[16:25:12] #imas: grats kois
[16:25:22] @Zangooser: grats kois on 5th place!

Week 5 and the conclusion post coming soon

WEEK 5 [Click here for a recap for all matches this week!]

Results
The King Kois VS The Majestic Mantykes [4-2]
The Bedroom Blisseys VS The Legendary Pikachus [2-4]
The Five-Bidoof Fighting Battalion VS The Beta Bagons [4-2]

POINTS RECIEVED THIS WEEK: [Key: Name - Points | Total Win/Loss difference]

The Five-Bidoof Fighting Battalion = 2 | +2
The King Kois = 2 | +2
The Legendary Pikachus = 2 | +2
The Bedroom Blissesys = 0 | -2
The Beta Bagons = 0 | -2
The Majestic Mantykes = 0 | -2

Leaderboard:
[Key: Name - Points | Total Win/Loss difference]

1. The Legendary Pikachus - 9 | +8
  2. The Five-Bidoof Fighting Battlion - 7 | +4
  3. The Bedroom Blisseys - 6 | +4
  4. The King Kois - 4 | -4
  5. The Majestic Mantykes - 3 | -4
  6. The Beta Bagons - 1 | -8

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)