Tournament Other Metagames Premier League IV - Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gunner

formerly Enzo Gorlami
is a Tiering Contributor
qsns responded to my VM and stated he was free between a particular time on the weekend.
i contacted him yesterday, asking him what time he would like to play, but didn't receive a response.
i contacted him today as well, still no response.
no choice but to call activity, really cant play tomorrow since ill be out of town

all falls down

thanks ugly god
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
i literally had no way of winning, he had an already good matchup but he got lucky literally every single turn on top of that, he tried to choke like 5 times in the game but his insane luck bailed him out pretty much every time. burned every single time with blue flare, crit about 6 times, I missed a crucial origin pulse that pretty much guaranteed my win, etc

gg i guess, this is a real fucking bummer to lose to such an awful player, sorry for the salt but really this was easily the worst game i have played in a long ass time

Blisseys asked for an extension because of the super late sub. They're right on the fact that gunnerrohan showed more initiative in the scheduling department, but the entire scheduling process was handled pretty poorly imo

example: gunner replying to the PM after qsns' weekend comment, made on wednesday, on saturday (aka the scheduled date) to ask for times instead of confirming times earlier. Although qsns did provide times, neither of them confirmed being present on the times that were given out in the VMs, neither did any of them actually confirm a time for the match to be carried out.

We've managed to avoid coinflips so far and it'd be sucky for a matchup to be decided on a coinflip this clost to finals, so I'm allowing the extension. Players will have an additional 48 hours to complete the match after the 16 hours deadline ends. I'd really like to see matches be properly scheduled in the next two weeks. There's a big detailed guide you can use to learn how to properly do it. So, please :(

Managers please make sure your players are scheduling their matches properly, I'm probably going to be less inclined to grant extensions next week after I'm calling for better scheduling. Scheduling conflict this week is also distressing because there was also this extension I had made to the op this week that I feel may have been ignored, so I'm quoting it below

IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU FINISH SCHEDULING BY 72 HOURS AFTER THE WEEK'S THREAD IS UP. This basically makes sure any major scheduling conflict is known before it is too late and your teams can make the necessary substitutions. You should also make a post on the schedule VM when you're online at the scheduled time and are waiting for your opponent. This makes sure your opponent knows you're available and lets me know that you didn't miss your scheduled time, meaning I can give you the activity win, should it come to that.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I already asked eg to sub someone else in, I want to play but my entire next few days is me going directly from my internship to my job with no time to get it done

OK, I granted an extension because a sub (albeit really late) had been made, but making another sub with 6 hours (well a sub hasn't even been made yet, but you get what i mean) left on deadline is really not optimal. I guess I'm giving blisseys the activity win because:

-Gunner was active the whole week and had actually shown up 1.5 hours before the "scheduled time" on saturday [qsns said he'd be able to make it at 5 pm-10 pm at gmt +5.5 and gunnerrohan vm'd him at 3:30 pm to set a time but got no reply] to ask for a time to battle that day. He also showed up on sunday and asked when they could fight at 7 PM, which also falls under the scheduled time period

-A successful sub has still not been made, making it impossible to schedule a match (because there's no one to schedule with). I only granted an extension before because a sub was already made and I wanted to let them battle.

-Kois have not approached me about any extensions or given me an update on the sub situation.

WEEK 4 [Click here for a recap for all matches this week!]

Results
The Bedroom Blisseys VS The King Kois [5-1]
The Majestic Mantykes VS The Five-Bidoof Fighting Battalion [2-4]
The Legendary Pikachus VS The Beta Bagons [4-2]

POINTS RECIEVED THIS WEEK: [Key: Name - Points | Total Win/Loss difference]

The Bedroom Blissesys = 2 | +4
The Five-Bidoof Fighting Battalion = 2 | +2
The Legendary Pikachus = 2 | +2
The Beta Bagons = 0 | -2
The Majestic Mantykes = 0 | -2
The King Kois = 0 | -4

Leaderboard:
[Key: Name - Points | Total Win/Loss difference]

1. The Legendary Pikachus - 7 | +6
  2. The Bedroom Blisseys - 6 | +6
  3. The Five-Bidoof Fighting Battlion - 5 | +2
  4. The Majestic Mantykes - 3 | -2
  5. The King Kois - 2 | -6
  6. The Beta Bagons - 1 | -6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)