CONGRATS KLANG THE LORD

GGs they were really fun to watch and well played on both sides

e. actually klang ur bad how did u lose with my GOAT TS team

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
[22:59:12] klang: what should i do know trusty ghost
[22:59:12] bloo: go to chansey and copy everything haha
[22:59:13] klang: wow ghoster ur good! im gonna win!
[22:59:16] bloo: Like i almost won ost huhu
[22:59:19] klang: i dont even want a banner

redo omgs finals

meme and http://imgur.com/jnUx0GR stolen from ben kay

Last edited:

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
Tbh, idc if the OM community gets pissy about this but I'm just gonna speak the truth right now.

This entire OMGS run was pretty fun. That is, until I reached finals. Losing Game 1 due to a crit on your mon that simply won is pretty frustrating, but the fact that people in the OM community were like "lolz101 you got matchup you deserve it" was just annoying. It's like how they talk down on Mono even more and even after hax.

After the hax, though. I didn't really care cuz I was like "lol I'm literally god gonna bring this back up" and to be blunt, won pretty easily in the games I did win. The AAA game was a loss due to a series of chokes so that is my fault yes, but the final game. The final game.. was the worst game I ever had to deal with in this entire tournament. This dude brought Mega-Rayquaza + 5 Stall mons (LOOOOOOL I was expecting something fun so I brought something fun) which was simply unbreakable for me, and probably for 98% of the other BH teams that don't counter team stall. My good friend rozes also lost the series in BH, due to a Moody Pokemon. Literally, why is BH in OMGS? If OMs dont want to be an embarrassment get rid of all the stupid no-skill tiers. BH is such a terrible tier... I only learned it and got to semis of BH open due to my good friend who quit, who I'll mention later. Anyways, I won't be playing much OMs after this anyways.

Enough bitching, shoutouts:
aoemica you're a god, man. all of those people like "who is aoemica lol?" don't even know, cuz you were one of the coolest users I've ever met on PS and you helped me prep so much and built, that is, before you quit. You quitting was pretty sad and I couldn't even live up to your expectations because halfway through my final game, the BH game, I realized I brought the team you told me never to bring. (oops) thanks man you the best.
rozes bro I love how we both lost in BH LOL what a cancer tier, you were my dude supporting me and building for me even after you got knocked out due to some stupid ability, day1. Your AAA teams would have actually won all the 2 times I used them if I wasn't terrible, so sorry bro.
all falls down ur name is raj. you helped test and shit and was fun with you, wish you were also in it too if not for hax.
Paleo fam that mono team that clutched round1 allowing me to actually be in finals, all thx to u
North you kept supporting me and was like "lax don't lose your chill fam you can bring it back" which was nice :]
Sorry, I'm not making this like a shoutout to all my friends because this is literally OMGS, but thanks to everyone else that supported me and cheered me on and whatnot, I tried to include as many of you as possible throughout my team on random mons, you guys the bes.

e: +p2 うま: yeah but this meta is dookie diapers why would you pick this
my boy p2.

and one last thing, ggs. shoutouts RAJ

Last edited:

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
tl;dr

"lol i expected someone to bring a fake team for the tiebreaker of the finals so i brought my own 'fake' team!"

Tbh, idc if the OM community gets pissy about this but I'm just gonna speak the truth right now.

This entire OMGS run was pretty fun. That is, until I reached finals. Losing Game 1 due to a crit on your mon that simply won is pretty frustrating, but the fact that people in the OM community were like "lolz101 you got matchup you deserve it" was just annoying. It's like how they talk down on Mono even more and even after hax.

After the hax, though. I didn't really care cuz I was like "lol I'm literally god gonna bring this back up" and to be blunt, won pretty easily in the games I did win. The AAA game was a loss due to a series of chokes so that is my fault yes, but the final game. The final game.. was the worst game I ever had to deal with in this entire tournament. This dude brought Mega-Rayquaza + 5 Stall mons (LOOOOOOL I was expecting something fun so I brought something fun) which was simply unbreakable for me, and probably for 98% of the other BH teams that don't counter team stall. My good friend rozes also lost the series in BH, due to a Moody Pokemon. Literally, why is BH in OMGS? If OMs dont want to be an embarrassment get rid of all the stupid no-skill tiers. BH is such a terrible tier... I only learned it and got to semis of BH open due to my good friend who quit, who I'll mention later. Anyways, I won't be playing much OMs after this anyways.
While I will concede that ever since the ev spread changes balanced hackmons has been a pretty shitty tier but honestly this is a high level tournament, you're going to bring what you are going to have the highest change of winning. If you had actually done any homework you'd have learned that a. stall is a pretty damn good playstyle in bh and that b. kl4ng is a rather prominent stall player and could have adjusted your team accordingly so yeah. Additionally, while not exactly fun to play against, why can you not respect the amount of skill that goes into a stall player's decisions, like for fucks sake this is a high level tournament not the ou chat room stall is annoying but it's a playstyle and a valid and fair playstyle that has numerous counters. I understand the fact that losing to moody is frustrating but that isn't a reason to condemn an entire fucking player base because you're salty over the fact that your friend lost to fun dickish person. "I only learned it and got to semis of bh open due to my good friend" who fucking cares this happens all the time with normal grand slam and you don't see people complaining about it even though it is pretty stupid.
TL;DR This is unfathomably unprofessional to call out a whole playerbase like this over the fact that they like a certain metagame and bitch about stall at such a high level.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
no there is a difference w/ a tier like monotype where you can outplay type match up and a tier where things like fucking moody are legal. if there are strats that take no skill to use and they are used in high level games im sorry but thats the definition of a no-skill tier.

im sorry if i sound salty but i honestly enjoy all other oms and losing this slam due to that strat just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
no there is a difference w/ a tier like monotype where you can outplay type match up and a tier where things like fucking moody are legal. if there are strats that take no skill to use and they are used in high level games im sorry but thats the definition of a no-skill tier.

im sorry if i sound salty but i honestly enjoy all other oms and losing this slam due to that strat just left a bad taste in my mouth.
this is unfathomably unprofessional as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)