Tournament OST 12 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smogon Tournament #12 Discussion Thread

For those unsure, here's how OST works:

- The tournament will have a best of three format. This means that players will play until one of them wins two games.

- This will later change to a best of five format when there's 16 or 24 players remaining, depending on tournament size, requiring a player to win three games to complete the set.

- Standard rules and causes.

- The winner takes home a $100 CASH PRIZE and a shiny gold pixel trophy too.

This thread will serve as a discussion point for the tournament.

Please discuss match predicts, games played, metagame shifts, new rising stars everything tournament related!

(Approved by Celticpride.)

Last edited:
Obviously too early to say, I hope we don't have a repeat of the style situation last year, while they're are some obvious negatives with this being a cash prize tournament, I do think that the incentive of a prize may inspire some new unheard of players to really up their game. I would not be surprised if we see a relatively unknown player win this.

MANNAT

https://spo.ink/aq7
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Obviously too early to say, I hope we don't have a repeat of the style situation last year, while they're are some obvious negatives with this being a cash prize tournament, I do think that the incentive of a prize may inspire some new unheard of players to really up their game. I would not be surprised if we see a relatively unknown player win this.
We had a pretty close situation with 2D over 3D trying to ghost lol. Also, on an unrelated note, has anyone else noticed ttar usage skyrocketing during this tour?

won my first round match 2nd was paired with metalgro$$ asked him multiple times to battle and he was never able too then today finally gets back to me and says i lost cuz of a coin flip ? i want the match to either be a win for me or for him to have to play me , i literally have been bugging him to play since feb 22 and he kept not replying

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
won my first round match 2nd was paired with metalgro$$ asked him multiple times to battle and he was never able too then today finally gets back to me and says i lost cuz of a coin flip ? i want the match to either be a win for me or for him to have to play me , i literally have been bugging him to play since feb 22 and he kept not replying
Firstly this probably belongs in the actual OST thread

Secondly, telling someone "I'm free whenever" and "I'm on now lets play now" doesn't count very much toward trying to schedule a game. This isn't really considering your opponent's schedule at all. The whole point is to actually work together to figure out a time that works for both of you.

Firstly this probably belongs in the actual OST thread

Secondly, telling someone "I'm free whenever" and "I'm on now lets play now" doesn't count very much toward trying to schedule a game. This isn't really considering your opponent's schedule at all. The whole point is to actually work together to figure out a time that works for both of you.
ya thats what im saying i tryed multiple times can it be arranged so we have to battle i dont want a loss because of a coin flip when i tryed a bunch to get him to battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)