ORAS UU Sample Teams v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Code:
[URL=http://www.smogon.com/forums/members/gully.192027/][IMG]http://www.pokestadium.com/assets/img/sprites/misc/icons/riolu.png[/IMG][/URL]
this for example creates a riolu sprite that links to your profile :p should work with any image url

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

team made to sweep with lucario. 4 atks life orb hydreigon is there because abusing the fact that it has absolutely no counters is fun which usually leaves lucario able to put in some work after hydreigon is done with breaking stuff. whimsicott is there because it synergies well with hydreigon and provides lucario a chance to sweep by luring doublade and chandelure with shadow ball. doublade is there to check fairies and flying types and completely stopper some threats to lucario like cobalion (unless cm hp ghost?? which this team actually loses to lmfao.) has pursuit so you can chip away and psychics and create more room for a lucario sweep. team was kind of slow and having doublade as your only fairy answer is just asking for bad news so crobat was the next mon. access to taunt helps w/ pressuring defensive mons a little bit. last mon mega pert, wall breaking ground-types are good. volt switch immunity. lucario is lucario.

i tried a version w/ scarf celebi > whims, healing wish is nice but luring doublade + additional safety against hydrei and sab was far more useful.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 56 Atk / 220 SpA / 232 Spe
Naive Nature
- Iron Tail
- Superpower
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor

Whimsicott @ Expert Belt
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Last edited:

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

I got bored one day, so I decided to build around sub-seed M-Sceptile. The basic principle of the set was to lure in counters such as Florges, Blissey & Umbreon and abuse their massive HP stats for healing + nice chip damage. Also, a sub on the switch meant nightmares for HO teams which lacked Pokemon such as Crobat and Whimsicott. T-wave support from Gyarados + Blissey just meant more free Subs + Healing, throw on some hazard stack, Band Krook and the patented Sparrow-Lure and you have a team. Forretress uses Pokemon such as Metagross & Cobalion (which threaten the Gyara/Bliss core) for free spins or extra hazards. Choice Band Krookodile with t-wave support is amazing, no one can deny that. Lastly, Substitute + Hex Chandelure threatens to sweep teams once paralysis has taken over.

Hazard control is very important to the team, also Conkeldurr kinda dicks it - depending on the set (dual intimidate helps). Swords Dance Cobalion with Stone Edge 6-0s - fortunately Zapdos isn't around anymore. I managed to get to #1 on the suspect ladder with this team for quite some time. I guess that was reflective of our current meta, seeing as Alakazam has been banished to the realm of BL yet again.

Last edited:
I just want to say I appreciate everyone's work here, especially for those of us returning to UU after an extremely long break. I wish there was more content in this thread. I don't know why players are so 'secretive' of their teams. It's very hard to find good guides for teams in UU. It's either that, or there's some strong belief in the stoicism of building one's own team as opposed to "netdecking" it. I find that very unhealthy for growing a community.

COB lion (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Volt Switch / Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Ex-Cavalier (Escavalier) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Megahorn
- Drill Run
- Swords Dance

BvS (Crobat) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- Taunt / U-turn

Sea Serpant (Milotic) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze

X-mas (Sceptile-Mega) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Leaf Storm

Pigswine (Mamoswine) @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash

This one is a bulky offensive team I've built quite a time ago but it is consistently as ever. Pretty straightforward imo, Mega Sceptile + Mamoswine is a great offensive core that few mons want to switch into, with Mega Sceptile doing a great role as water switchin to most of Mamoswines counters. Escavalier + Milotic works as a defensive core, covering each other weakness. Haze Milotic preventing this team from being swept by threats like DD Gyara or SD Cobalion, and SD Escavalier is actually a pretty solid wincon, able to check almost any fairy, psychic and grass type bar random HP Fires. Crobat is a fighting switch in that this team desperately needed, can defog when it needs be, with Brave Bird working as a great STAB since smh ppl have been forgeting to pack their flying resists lol. Taunt or U-turn is a matter of personal choice, both being good options, preventing setups and hazards or keeping momentum against steel switchins. Cobalion is a pivot and glue mon that fits well here - honestly, I didn't put much effort on the last slot, but a fighting type able to switch on opposing Mamoswine and Krookodile sounded useful. He is also able to setup rocks so Mamoswine could use its LO 4 Atks, by far its best set. Taunt over Volt Switch is an option in case you go for U-turn on Crobat.

I didn't find any Milotic team on this thread, and Mamoswine + Mega Sceptile is such an easy core to use, especially for those not used to uu ladder, so I hope this team can be any helpful for those looking for to enter the tier.

Last edited:

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Hey Everyone! Been a while since I posted in the UU threads. Anyway today I just wanted to share some of my really solid teams ive been using altely. And some of them I felt would be a necessary edition to this sample team thread. So lets begin.

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Destiny Bond

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Energy Ball
- Moonblast
- U-turn

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Substitute

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Hypnosis
- Earthquake

Flygon @ Soft Sand
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Alright so here is a very solid team, I built this a while ago like maybe before the Gyarados meta, and adjusted it to this meta(Also is a team that Euphonos showed me, Because previously I had feraligatr>gyarados, but when gyarados dropped I forgot about the team, then I saw Euphonos use a team that looks extremely similar to this one, and changed to Gyarados because of it((his also has/had vastly different sets))). Anyway I wanted to start with one of my favorite offensive cores Mega-Houndoom+Toxicroak. I am a Hyper Offensive player, so this was very suitable of what I like to build and am comfortable with, even though this is Bulky Offense. Also a quick thing to note, sucker punch on toxicroak is to pick off faster threats as the team isnt relativelty fast for a offensive team. And Mega-Houndoom has destiny bond because this can surprise opponets and allow me to take down threats to my team to allow other members to sweep. Whimsicott was added here to provide wallbreaking oppourtunities for Toxicroak and Houndoom, and also gives me a way to deal with ground types, water types, and faster dark types most notably Hydreigon who walls Mega-Houndoom. I then added Gyarados( this was previously Feraligatr) because this gave me another reliable offensive sweeper who punished mamoswine, gave me a backup fire switchin who wasnt Mega-Houndoom's pre evo flash fire, and gave another ground resist, which Toxidoom is very weak to. A solid fighting resist was also crucial because whimsicott and toxicroak are very flimsy fighting checks. Bronzong was added because I needed a reliable special tank to pivot in and out of attacks, and it gave me a stealth rock user. This compliments the natural physical bulk that Gyarados has with intimidate. I needed many crucial resists, and Bronzong gave me that while still giving me more counters to Ground types. Hypnosis is the cool move on this set (Euphonos showed me the set). Hypnosis Bronzong is so great, because it shuts down many common switchins, or mons that try to set up on Bronzong. This sleep also gives my team the ability to set up and sweep. Bronzong was also important because it can actually fire off a relatively powerful gyro ball to take down threats like Mega-Aerodactyl and Crobat. Now the last mon is where it gets very interesting, but Flygon just fits SO well. What Flygon gave me is a defogger for one, but also key resistences and key offensive presence. Flygon gave me a very reliable rock resist, and is the only defogger that fit with a rock resist. The dragon typing was also important because this gives me a fire resist. Levitate was also very important to me, as this makes this defogger not as weak to hazards, and the ground typing was also crucial becuase I was so weak to volt-turn. Flygon is also reliable because of roost, and u-turn was very helpful in keeping up the teams momentum, something that is crucial on a toxidoom team. Flygon also allows me to revenge big threats such as Entei, Arcanine, and slow volt switchers like Mega-Ampharos and Forretress. The set is what should be standard in UU tbh, defog+roost to make it more reliable, earthquake for stab. And u-turn retains the offensive momentum. Beacuse of this I can sun soft sand to power up my main attacking move, and also possibly bluff soemthing like CB or Choice Scarf which could be used in UU if you ever see a Flygon haha. Another thing to note is that many people may say that Gligar would fit better here, but Gligar just sacrifices so much momentum for a team, and doesnt have any offensive power, and ofc loses to entei 1v1 and does not resist rock, fire, nor is nuetral to things like water. Gligar also sucks.

So in conclusion this is a very solid Bulky Offensive team, with reliable defensive mons like Bronzong and possibly Gyarados/Whimsicott. But also has the ability to create massive offensvie pressure with 3 different set up sweepers in NP Mega-Houndoom, SD Toxicroak, and DD Gyarados, hitting from all sides of the spectrum, and this is aided by the offensive and defensive pivoting abilities of Flygon and Whimsicott, especially whimsicott who can create massive offensive momentum with encore+u-turn. I also posted this for a potential sample team because I didnt see Mega-Houndoom+Toxicroak anywhere, and I thought that a sample with this popular offensive core was necessary. And again also huge credit to Euphonos

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Earthquake

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Icy Wind

Krookodile @ Black Glasses
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Gyro Ball
- Sacred Sword

So here I have one of my favorite HO squads and its Mega-Sceptile spikestack HO. The main difference between this team and other spike stack teams is that it doesnt have a sableye+froslass core. And it isnt based solely on keeping spikes on the field, because this is HO. What I tried to do with this team is exert insurmountable pressure between Infernape, Gyarados, and Sceptile, while trying to keep rocks and spikes on the field without having to resort to defensive mons like forretress and swampert. (This reminds me of Christo. 's shedinja team compared to Euphonos's shedinja team in a way). Basically I started with Mega-Sceptile and Froslass, as they compliment eachother really well, because Mega-Sceptile greatly appreciates spikes. Gyarados was then added because I love its defensive and offensive utilitiy, and gave me a speed boosting sweeper. Gyarados also greaty appreciates spikes because it forces so many switches, and things like swampert cant keep switchin in on those. Next is where I added NP Infernape. Infernape is jsut totally broken, and I love it to death. This thing pressures so many common defensive cores, especially ones who call their fire resist swampert. Infernape also gave me a reliable way to hit steel types, and gave me more immediate speed. Infernape also nukes rock types and common hazard removers, such as Forretress and Empoleon. After this is where I realized I need to keep these hazards on the field. Krookodile just fit so well. Krookodile gave me a reliable electric coutner that wasnt mega-sceptile. This also let me hit bulky psychic types which the team struggles with, and jsut great offensive pressure in general. Krookodile also gave me useful utility in stealth rocks, and also the amazing move taunt for shutting down hazard removers, and other mons trying to get rid of hazards. Also could shut down defensive set up sweepers. The double intimidate core of Gyarados+Krookodile is also extremely nice for physical sweepers, so gyarados and infernape could plow through instead. Lastly, the team was weak to a plethora of typings and mons, and lacked another spin blocker, as well as some more immediate bulk. Doublade was the fail safe, and fit perfectly. Doublade is such a godsend on Hyper Offense because it checks so many things that offense hates. These include Crobat, Cresselia, Curselax, NP Celebi, etc etc. Doublade also gave me that spinblocker, and the swords dance sweeper was greatly appreciated. Not to mention Krookodile+Doublade is a great hazard core. Also quick note, this is a ev spread I came up with on Doublade to guarantee Sylveon's hyper voice doesnt 2HKO, and also has a good chance to live 2 after rocks and or modest specs. This also prevents defensive sylveon from being able to 4HKO Doublade, which is niche but it just came with the ev spread :)

So in conclusion I think this is a very solid HO team, and one of the best I have used and made thus far. I didnt see any Hyper Offensive teams in the sample teams, nor did I see any spike stack teams for this meta, so I thought this was necessary. And also i usually see froslass on the sample teams, but froslass is basically on existent for some reason.

Hope you liked these teams I shared with you guys! And look Aquadext no Mega-Swampert!

Last edited:

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Aquadext pls add it's not that bad i swear. i mean it's a shittier version of denissss' god squad but whatever.

Durant @ Mental Herb
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Defense
- Baton Pass

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Taunt
- Tailwind
- Memento

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Memento
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Tomb

Azelf @ Light Clay
EVs: 228 HP / 28 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Explosion
- Taunt

Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Morning Sun
- Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam

Gardevoir @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Moonblast
- Stored Power

If you see me in uu room tours you've probably seen me use this. i swear this is a fun team. here's how i usually play it: lead whimsicott then taunt if there's a mon that gets rocks on the field after that tailwind if you get the chance and / or then just memento. then go azelf set screens and boom. then i usually go durant iron defence pass to espeon and win. not all the time, but sometimes. and sometimes using dugtrio to get up rocks and then mementos. most of the shit is pretty self explanatory. u have twave on durant because it gives you para chances to get off the free bp slows pokemon down. mental herb is there for whimsicott and sableye but focus sash isn't a bad idea. whimsicott's moveset isn't complicated. neither is azelf or espeon. i have rest on garde because i wanted a way to keep it healthy. i tried using clefairy but that shit sucks ass. big time.

oh side note for anyone using this: apparently there's an element of karma when using this. i've been crit far too many times to count.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)