Project ORAS Rarely Used Teambuilding Competition V4 [Week 26 - Manetric - Nomination]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPREME HEROES

DEADPOOL (Scrafty) (M) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

GHOST RIDER (Accelgor) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Atk / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Spikes
- Final Gambit
- Encore

THING (Rhyperior) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Atk / 232 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Ice Punch

SCARLET WITCH (Mismagius) (F) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt

CYCLOPS (Sigilyph) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Calm Mind

ANT MAN (Durant) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Superpower
- Baton Pass

The idea I had when I decided to build this team was to abuse hazard stack + scrafty, so I decided to start with Accelgor as a Spikes setter and Rhyperior as a SR one, the former being an awesome suicide lead and the latter being a good partner for Scrafty, as it can check Bird spam. After that, I thought about focusing on a team that gave as few free turns as possible for the opp to remove my hazards, so I opted for Colbur Taunt Mismagius as the team’s spinblocker. At this point I wanted a second win condition that could work well with Scrafty, and Sigilyph was the choice as it can both hit hard and also check Fight-types like Mismagius.
For the last slot I wanted a fast offensive mon that could also act as a “panic button” efficiently as well as having a good offensive and defensive synergy with Scrafty. I looked no further after picking Scarf Durant.

This team has some specific movesets and spreads that I’ll explain: 16 speed on Rhyperior allows it to outspeed base 40 mons with Ice Punch luring Flygon and Grass-types. Enough spe on Accelgor just to outspeed base 130 and 248 HP to maximize Final Gambit damage and the rest in atk to maximize U-Turn damage (which is a pretty cool option for when I need to keep Accelgor alive or to give me momentum). I also opted for Jolly Scrafty and Jolly Ant to have a jump on the speed tier and outspeed more things. Also, Megahorn>Ice Punch might be an option to consider on Rhyperior as it also lures Grass-types and Slowking, but gives free turns for Flygon to Defog.

Shoutouts to Ren-chon for help me with the text, ure a beautiful and cute girl n_n

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The winner is :
]
Eternal Spirit Congratz

This week lets open up with one of the drops:

Medicham!! Medicham once move up by usage in Ou has now come back to grace RU and still a threat even in this current meta. The most threatening set to watch out for is the Choice Scarf set able to clean up late game or OHKO any mon when it comes in on more offensive based teams. Medicham based qualities are its rather low speed tier being outspeed by Sigilyph, Meloetta, and Houndoom and it's not extent defense makes it a glass cannon.

Deadline: December 17

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
medicham-s-ice-punch-o.gif
Warriors of Zen

This my Medicham team. I built it around Scarf Medicham, an excellent late-game cleaner that can outspeed key threats like Scarf Tyrantrum and still hit hard. Scarf Cham can have trouble with Fairy types, so I added Mega Steelix to check the Fairies and also set up Rocks and wall a lot more stuff, like Electric types. Granbull was added mostly to kill Dark types, as Absol was a big threat, but it also is a great check to Fighting types and adds more offensive pressure and wallbreaking potential with Choice Band so Medicham can clean up better. The other half of the team is a FWG core, started off with Houndoom to check Psychic types and Steel types, as Sigilyph could easily hurt the Medicham + MegaLix core, although Thunder Punch from Cham and Stone Edge from megalix can kill Sigilyph, but it was still a big threat, and other Psychics like Meloetta were also a problem. Also, Nasty Plot Doom can also be a pretty cool wallbreaker and potential sweeper. Tangrowth was added to check Water and Ground types, hit really hard, and be a good offensive pivot with Regenerator. SD Samurott was chosen as the last member and completer of the FWG core to add another sweeper/ wallbreaker for the team, and to be a cool Fire check as well.

Threatlist:
Durant: This team is pretty vulnerable to Ant, but MegaLix, Scarf Cham, or a boosted Aqua Jet from Samurott can kill Durant if it's weakened.
Houndoom: Also a big problem to my teams, Doom can kill a lot of things on the team, but Aqua Jet and Scarf Cham can hurt it.
Mega Abomasnow: Can hit everything really hard, but it's weaknesses hurt it.

Medicham @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch
- Trick

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 72 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Granbull @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Close Combat

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Hasty Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch

Tangrowth @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Samurott @ Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Megahorn

Overall, this is a really cool Bulky Offense team, and I hope you agree!

Changes you could make:
Aromatisse > Granbull if you want WishPass and another special attacker.
Poliwrath > Samurott for another Dark and Water check, but it's a bit passive.
Trapper Doom > NP Doom for ultimate Psychic killing potential.
Life Orb special/mixed Rott > SD Rott for wallbreaking right off the bat and another special attacker.

Hope you enjoy! =)

Last edited:

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Made this quick team a few days before it was announced Medicham would be the subject of this:

Absol (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Tail

Aerodactyl (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Fire Blast

Archeops (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Taunt
- Head Smash

Accelgor (F) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Encore
- Final Gambit
- Bug Buzz

Medicham (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Baton Pass
- Trick

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Mach Punch

The team is designed to put heavy pressure on Fairy- and Psychic-type Pokemon to allow Medicham, Hitmonlee, or Absol to sweep eventually. It uses Archeops + Accelgor to set as many hazards as possible while preventing their removal through the use of Taunt, Head Smash, and Final Gambit respectively. Aerodactyl was kind of a filler option, but considering it can revenge kill Durant and Virizion, it makes for a decent cleaner if the base offensive core can't get the job done for whatever reason. As for in-depth on the sets, I use Iron Tail on Absol to blow past Fairy-types or at the very least, hit them with enough damage that they can't do anything to stop Medicham and / or Hitmonlee. Sucker Punch and Knock Off are self-explanitory considering Absol's meaty Attack stat. I decide to use Pursuit over Swords Dance so Absol can catch fleeing Psychics, Ghosts, and random fast offensive mons that are fearing Sucker Punch. Aerial Ace and Fire Blast have already been explained on Aerodactyl and Stone Edge + Earthquake has good overall coverage. Aqua Tail has a stronger hit on Rhyperior if you're into that, but that's about it. Archeops and Accelgor are basic. Set hazards, prevent their removal, etc. BP on Medicham is really cool considering Absol has Pursuit. It's very easy to force in a Ghost or Psychic, BP into Absol as they come in, and completely ruin their day with Pursuit. Trick gives Medicham some use vs stall teams and HJK + Zen Headbutt are basic STAB moves. I use dual priority on Hitmonlee because there's so many dang offensive threats out there. HJK and Knock Off are basic coverage. Sucker Punch deals huge damage to Fletchinder and completely destroys unsuspecting Sigilyph. Mach Punch is mandatory for Absol and Sharpedo as they otherwise run through offense that lacks a decently sturdy Dark resist.

or

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Bug Buzz
- Final Gambit
- Encore

Medicham @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Rock Slide
- Baton Pass

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Tyrantrum @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish
- Outrage

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Shard

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This is a pretty basic HO team that revolves around Spikes + Medicham + Sharpedo. Ttrum was added for extra offensive pressure. Glalie-Mega was added because it's an OP Wallbreaker, and also helps take care of Mola. Jolteon is in the last slot because it too helps take care of Mola and is also really fast.

Previous Members/Edits:
Jolteon instead of Mismagius
Rock Polish Ttrum > Scarf Ttrum
Mismagius @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nasty Plot
- Destiny Bond

Threats: Stall Teams
Alomomola
Escavalier

This team also got me to #13 on the ladder so it can't be that bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)