Project ORAS Rarely Used Teambuilding Competition V4 [Week 26 - Manetric - Nomination]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The winner for this week core is :

For this week new mon we have:

Poliwrath !!! Wrath has need having for popularity lately being able to wall Houndoom, Durant, and sneasel is pretty handy. The most common set for wrath is Rest Talk Defensive set and the all out special attacker set. With prose come some cons wrath is pretty much bodied by common grass type like Virizion and Tangrowth or easily worn down due to leftovers and ret being its only recovery.

Deadline: October 17

Good luck

Ping_Pong_Along

Bitches love underscores
The Artists

Here's a stall team I built with a minor hazard stacking theme. The only real annoying thing so far is a lack of a Grass type attack.

I've been wanting to build a stall team for this competition for awhile and this week I finally could! I wanted to build hazard stack team initially to take advantage of SleepTalk Circle Throw, so I went with Mega Steelix for Stealth Rock since it can switch in on Fairy, Psychic, and Electric types while Poliwrath tanks Scalds and Fire Blasts. The team was originally built around Spike stack, so I added Roselia to stack spikes and check Grass types (later I had to cut Roselia for something that could take on Fighting types, especially Virizion). This left the team vulnerable to Delphox, so I added Alomomola, which checks five billion things and adds Wish support. Waterfall smacks Delphox and Poliwrath is already running Scald. From here, I was rather worried about Meloetta and Sigilyph, which often run coverage for Mega Steelix. I could have gone with Spiritomb here, but instead I went with Drapion to add Toxic Spikes to the mix, as well as Knock Off, Pursuit, and phazing. From here, I had one slot left for hazard removal. Hitmontop synergizes poorly with Poliwrath, so that left Togetic and Flygon. I opted for Flygon for extra phazing, but Togetic would have been good here too. Once I tried out the team, I realized that the team would have difficulty with Fighting types, so I opted to run Vileplume instead of Roselia. If I'd gone with Togetic, I could have afforded to run Amoonguss or something else to check Virizion.

Kojima (Steelix) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Stone Edge

Van Gogh (Poliwrath) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Circle Throw
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

3rd Grader w/ Crayons (Drapion) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Toxic Spikes
- Whirlwind / Taunt

jk Rowling (Flygon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog

Cobain (Alomomola) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 136 HP / 104 Def / 244 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Toxic

O'Keefe (Vileplume) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 68 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Synthesis
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Sludge Bomb

And before anyone asks, yes I am very proud of the nicknames.

Edit: Added replays
Here's a replay of the team against another stall team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-281413868

Here's a replay against a more balanced team, that frankly wasn't very good. The replay does a good job displaying some of the strengths of the team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-281464876

Last edited:

Defensively Poliwrath is one of the most useful Pokémon in RU your typing and huge bulky makes him able to checks several threaths. To complete a solid defensive core I added Steelix, the iron snake has a great defensive synergy with Wrath checking flying, psychic and electric types to him and besides giving me access to rocks and another check for Durant, Mega Glalie and also tyrantrum. The team at this point had problems against delphox and wrath feared Wild Charge Emboar then Flygon joined the team to help to checks these two mons and clean my field from hazards, I opted for the special set with LO to also help as a wallbreaker, now I wanted something to setups and servers as WinCon here chose CM Virizion that also won bulky waters that were boring for the team so far and still gave me something faster on the team HP Ice to hit flying, grass types and Flygon. Rotom-S entered the team for check fighting, flyings and helps Virizion against fat grass types, Rotom is really underated and can act very well treathring a lot of cool things in the metagame like cores of Alomo/Lix/ Amoonguss etc. Finaly in the last slot we have Sneasel helping with speed control, an important priority and how the team has two fightings types it was a bit weak to psychics then Sneasel also helps pursuiting them besides taking intens of walls which facilitates the work of other team members.

Faustao (Poliwrath) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Circle Throw
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

Fullmetal (Steelix) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 76 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Depois de Nós (Flygon) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Defog
- Roost

Shura (Virizion) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Dom Quixote (Rotom-Fan) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash

Dark Inu (Sneasel) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Gonna take a bite

Poliwrath @ Choice Specs
EVs: 248 HP / 216 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Vacuum Wave
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Tangrowth @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Leaf Storm

Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 144 HP / 112 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Air Slash
- Psycho Shift
- Roost

Rhyperior @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Atk / 232 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rest
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 Atk / 44 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Superpower
So poliwrath. Decided to pair it with tangrowth to provide a solid wallbreaker duo with excellent pivoting capabilities. Poliwrath handle mons like houndoom, durant and mega glalie while tangrowth help with mons like virizion. Specs poliwrath is really cool cause it can hit opposing grass types in the switch really hard successfully luring them. Then went with a solid answer against stall in calm mind flame orb sigilyph, beats defensive teams by itself etc etc. Next when with rhyperior as my rocker since fletchinder just destroyed the first 3 mons in the core.

Chesto berry with rest to provide longevity since it needs to check a lot of mons for this team (shoutouts to lighthouses for the idea), next I needed a psychic type answer to went with houndoom, pursuit to trap extremely annoying mons like meloetta which just destroys me and sigilyph benefits a lot from it. Next, needed an offense answer and scarf durant alongside strong priority in specs vacuum wave and sucker punch does the trick really well. Baton pass to bring houndoom safely against stuff.

Cheers!

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
The winner of this week is :
]
Brick Small. For those wandering is was a tie between Brick Small and Aldo I have my vote to Brick

This week mon of choice is :

Yep the most .jpg 'mon in RU, Virizion! Virizion is a major top threat RU, with its most popular sets being Sword Dance and Calm Mind. Virizion is one of those 'mons that can eassily fit on any team and playstyle. It does have some flaws such as its lackluster Attack and Special Attack before a SD or CM boost, respectively and a x4 weakness to Flying-type moves, which has it struggle against the likes of the up and coming Fletchinder, Braviary, and Rotom-S.
Deadline: October 27 Good luck everyone

Last edited:

fran17

(1999)

The team started from SD Virizion, a really powerful threat in the RU meta thanks to his coverage and power. Obviously I needed a check to Fletchinder, as he ruined my sweep. Looking through the mons which resisted flying i found Rampardos the one which helped Virizion more, checking Fletch and setting up rocks. The main reason I choosed him is because of his access to Pursuit, which helped me to get some cool residual damage on Fletchinder when it switches out! Qwilfish was added to bring another Fletch check, a spike setter and a fighting check. Fletchinder and Meloetta were added to pressure more opposite defoggers/spinners, and they also abuse of the EH. Hitmontop was added as a Tyrantrum check and it also gives hazard control, necessary with Fletchinder. I tested the team a bit on the ladder, and it didn't have many issues againist standard offensive/defensive cores, although I have to play with predictions againist things like Spiritomb to baitkill them with Hitmontop. Taunt can be used over will-o-wisp on Fletchinder to play better againist stall.
Virizion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

Rampardos @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Waterfall

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Foresight
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch

Meloetta @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Last edited:

Because I saw Fran running SD Virizion I chose to run CM! CM is really good as it beats Mola so...yeah...
Good luck frens
Since I'm used to running HO teams, I decided to make one revolving around Virizion. Since Archeops is a pretty decent hazard setter that also has access to taunt and endeavor, I decided to make that my lead. After Archeops dies, I am very weak to Fletch, so i added eviolite Magneton as it can tank it's acro's and is also a good offensive pivot. Then being weak to Hitmonlee and other associated fighting-types, I added Fletchinder as it can outspend them and KO them with it's priority. Needing a spinner that wasn't also weak to the types Virizion was and also needing a decent fire type check, I put on AV Kabutops as it is able to take any fire blast in the tier and is also able to kill most with aqua jet after rocks damage. Since I still was a bit fighting-type weak, I put on offensive Granbull to keep with the HO theme and to also paralyze mons. The main threats to my team are non-choiced Mel sets once Kabutops is gone, Dugtrio to some degree, and Delphox.

Archeops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Endeavor
- Head Smash

Virizion @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Magneton @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Def / 28 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Kabutops @ Assault Vest
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 174 HP / 252 Atk / 82 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin

Granbull @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)