Project ORAS Rarely Used Teambuilding Competition V4 [Week 26 - Manetric - Nomination]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Since we only had one submission this week the winner is:
MrAldo congratz :D

For this week Pokemon it'll be :

(Cutest gif <3 )
That's right it's Smeargle!! Smeargle only viable set is as a hazard setter thanks to Sketch it's gets every entry hazard making it a good mon for more hyper offensive team or teams who just want a suicide lead. Smeargle does it job pretty well but has its faults one being set up fodder for other mons and being predictable in what set it'll run since it manly will be a hazard setter.

Deadline:Septemebr 27

Teams go in thread good luck everyone

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish
- Sticky Web

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge
- Ice Shard
- Spikes

Kabutops @ Lum Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Hex

Medicham @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Rock Slide
- Psycho Cut
- Baton Pass

Drapion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit/ Aqua tail
- Knock Off

Made this when smeargle dropped, i never really tested much or anything but might as well i guess
Healing wish smeargle because hw is the best move in the game, wanted to go with spikes stack with this team and Glalie is pretty much the only offensive spiker who actually does stuff other than dying, since i had glalie i needed hazard removal(not defog because of spikes) it was either hitmonlee or tops, went with the later.
Still needed a spinblocker, fighting type check, psychic type check and a revenge killer(you don't wanna fall back on webs too much), decided to go with choice scarf medicham simply because it has some way of pivoting(bpass) which is needed when running glalie, i could run scarf durant too i guess but i run it on every team so no.
As for my spinblocker i figured mismagius was pretty much the only option with at least some form of offensive presence, i put a colbur berry on it since atm my only fighting type check is medicham so yeah.
Was lacking a psychic type check and a win condition so i decided to go with drapion, it has a cool speed tier when webs are up and stuff
Sry for the shit explanation i really don't feel like going too much in depth with this.

Remade team since Venomoth left, the new name is SLURMZ IS RUDE. Radiance will still live on in my heart and team builder.

I built this team after a few days of suspect laddering, after trying to use only fun teams and losing a lot. Therefore I thought, "what is the most try hard team I could possibly build". That's how this team came into existence. I've given this team to several people, I think a few people even got reqs with it. There are like 20 versions of this team with each of these pokemon having different sets/natures, one person I even told to use Sneasel over Aurorus which may overall be the better choice, but these are the sets I used for the majority of my laddering experience. I began with Smeargle as my suicide lead and webs layer. Web's provide Lee the necessary speed boost to out speed a lot of RU, which is what I originally wanted to make the team around. I also realized how great Venomoth is under webs, as Sticky Webs eliminates a lot of its revenge killers and doesn't make it need to rely on getting up a Quiver Dance as much. Fletchinder helps me vs opposing Venomoth and revenge kills a lot, web's also allows Fletchinder to be able to wisp things it otherwise wouldn't be able to like Durant to support the team so Venomoth can set up on them. Scarf Flygon serves as a check for things like Scarf Delphox which can be very annoying. Aurorus was added as the last mon, mainly because I wanted a Fletchinder check that didn't give Flygon a free switch in. I was never sure what I wanted as its last move slot, Ice Shard would have been great but Game Freak is ass. Calm Mind helps a lot vs stall, Rock Polish lets it out speed most scarfers and since Smeargle doesn't often have a chance to set up both hazards rocks is an ok choice. Overall if played will this team is terrifying, the power of Moth + Fletch is insane vs most teams.
EDIT: So since Venomoth has left I was forced to rework the team. The team still centralizes around using Sticky Webs to aid Pokemon in avoiding revenge killing and wreckin' teams, but now includes two new members: Samurott and Sneasel. I mentioned in the original post that Sneasel was way better than Aurorus on this team, so now that moth is gone I can't farm free wins based off how broken moth was. Sneasel checks most psychic types as well as actually beats Flygon, marking off one massive threat to the original team. I decided to get over my fear of Fletchinder since it really only sets up on Flygon and remove of my flying resist. Instead I feel pretty confident in Samurott to revenge kill it with Aqua Jet. Speaking of Sam, I added it as an offensive Sneasel check under webs, its ability to take on most water types and Aqua Jet to put Fletchinder in range of my own Fletch and Lee's punch. It has speed for Sneasel under webs, and the rest in attack for more Aqua Jet power. Band>Scarf Flygon to break waters and I have hella priority. Still heat though not as much :(

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Spore
- Memento

Flygon @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Samurott @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Aqua Jet

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Last edited:

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The winner is (sorry Pikachucandy not counting vote ):

This week Pokemon is:

ROTOM-M!!!

Ah rotom-m fell from your glory when Venomoth and became forgotten now that the bug is gone time for you to shine!! Rotom-M common sets are Choice Specs or Scarf specs giving making Leaf Storm even more powerful while Scarf can be used as a revenge killer or fast Volt Turn. Rotom-M typing is also pretty good being able to switch into Water, Ground, Steel, Grass, Electric, and can switch in on some flying type attacks. With some good also come some bad it's typing makes it set up fodder for things like Virizion Fletch and Durant when choices into a grass move and makes stuff like Rhyperior set up rocks or KO it with Megahorn if locked into a electric move.All in all Rotom-M is a pretty fun min with it goods and bads.

Deadline: October 7

Good luck everyone

eren

je suis d'ailleurs

This is a cool balance team made by me and Kableye a while ago that was initially made around HC Durant however features Specs Rotom-Mow. It also features Spike Stack, Scarf Flygon as part of a VoltTurn core, and DD / BU Scrafty as a secondary wincon.

Started with HC Durant
Added Mega Rupt to handle Fire type attacks and dent bulky waters. It also sets up stealth rocks
Specs Mowtom was added as a ground resist and as a voltturner to let Durant come in safely
Qwilfish added to be a general blnket check to lots of stuff and set up spikes
Flygon was added to outspeed Delphox, which was a nuisance; it also provides U-turn support to further let my sweepers come in
Scrafty was added last as a great wincon vs bulkier teams. It also lures in fairy types, which, if I double switch, allow me to get free set up with Durant.

Enjoy~

chiquitita~ (Durant) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Superpower
- Hone Claws

fernando~ (Camerupt) (M) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 70 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

voulez vous~ (Rotom-Mow) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Trick

super trouper~ (Qwilfish) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

mamma mia~ (Flygon) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Superpower

dancing queen~ (Scrafty) (M) @ Roseli Berry
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance / Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Iron Head

The item choiced for Rotom was Choice Scarf that way it would work as a revenge killer and late game cleaner, with Rotom in the team I needed something that checks fire and flying types and also wanted rocks so Rhyperior fit like a glove giving me also electric immunity while rotom checks water and ground types for Rhyperior. Now I wanted something that would take advantage of the fact Rotom removing waters types of game and also wanted a WinCon, Delphox was the Pokémon chosen with his great offensive presence to becoming a major treath for opposing teams, as I had Rotom and Delphox in the team I decided to close the FGW core with Pelliper the seabird gave me another fire check, fighting check, Durant check and also Defog to clean my field of hazards. The last two slots are filled by Escavalier and Granbull, Escavalier comes as Psychic check and Granbull as my second fighting check and wallbreaker.

Motorzinho (Rotom-Mow) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Grifinoria (Delphox) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Calm Mind

Eternal knight (Escavalier) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Sailor (Pelipper) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Scald
- Defog
- Hurricane/U-turn

Robus (Rhyperior) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Atk / 232 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Roar

Tooth Fairy (Granbull) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Close Combat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)