Resource ORAS OU Teambuilding Competition - Revived! (21st Round Voting on post #414 - Absorbing Abilities)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
With approval from Vulpix03

A banner goes here

ORAS OU Teambuilding competition - Back from the grave!
And it is back, our favorite skill measuring contest where everyone will showcase a team with a theme provided by me and see which one is going to be the best. This is one of my favorite metagames and Id like to contribute for it to stay relevant for many more years to come. New Smogtour format is gonna be rough for this so I invite everyone to help out as much as possible for this tier to not be forgotten. And look forward to SPL!

Rules:

Entry submission: Post team in the thread itself with import and explanation in hide tags.

2. Disputes / Copying: Obviously, there is potential for disputes over copying or people making similar entries. In general, if your team entry has the same Pokémon and similar move sets to an earlier entry, it will be disqualified. If anyone tries to abuse this by reserving an early post in the thread for their entry, please bring it to my attention and they'll be disqualified. If you are caught doing this there is a high possibility you will not be allowed to post in the building stage for an indefinite amount of time.

3. Discussion and team changes: One part of the process is to have discussion about the teams and the core. While I'd like to keep this from being a speedy RMT thread, suggestions of improvements to entered teams are allowed. In the interests of fairness though, I'd ask that any suggestions don't involve anything more major than move set changes, and that if you've already submitted a team you won't change the Pokémon in it. Basically, just be sure that you're happy with the team before you send it in.

4. No bandwagonning: Please do a favor to me, and yourself, and dont post for whatever team where you recognize the name of the poster or if he has a shiny trophy or whatever. Vote for who you want to win, not who your friend wants you to vote for. I would appreciate it. Obviously it'll be hard to enforce this, but please use some common sense.

5. Make sure that the teams you post are for the core that I post. Isnt that hard to read.

Here is an example of the format you will be posting in this thread. Just for formality sake and because otherwise I may as well reject the team if it doesnt follow the format. Ok, here goes:

Brief description of the team and how it works and supports x mon goes here. "I chose these 6 cause I really like them"

/explanation

Like this:
Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave
- Hydro Pump

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Roost
- Draco Meteor

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
or
https://pokepast.es/732e2c0a6c96084b

Feel free to criticize the team but isnt the point of it! This is just to illustrate how the format should be. Feel free to use any sprites you like but please follow the format.

Hall of Fame
Week 1: Mega below A- Rank from non updated VR

Winner: Amir (click the name to go to the post)

Week 2: Swords of Justice

Winner: Amir

Week 3: A Washing Machine or a Lawnmowner?

Winner: Jokés

Week 4: Mew

Winner: h4g

Week 5: Making the Earth Tremble (Offensive Garchomp/Landorus-Therian)

Week 6: Mega Gallade

Winner: RufflesPro

Week 7: Bird is the type! (Flying type ranked A- or below)

Winner: Azure_Crystal

Week 8: Manaphy

Winner: Insou

Week 9: Priority Galore (2 Priority Users through moves or ability)

Winner: Bored Pikachu

Week 10: UUBL

Winner: Verdas

Week 11: Kyurem/Black

Week 12: Turning the Tables (Clever forms of Speed Control)

Winner: MrAldo

Week 13: Gengar

Week 14: OU by Technicality

Week 15: Dancing for the Victory

Week 16: You are going nowhere! (Trapping moves or abilities)

Week 17: Volcanion
and

Winner: ImperialH and Dlanyer

Week 18: A Noble Sacrifice (Healing Wish / Lunar Dance)

Winner: Waffleztastegood

Week 19: Unranked

Winner: Waffleztastegood

Week 20: HAIL

Week 21: Attack Absorbing Abilities

Winner: Insou

Happy posting! Do not feel discouraged to give it a try here, and always remember to have fun!

Last edited:
CHARIZARD Y + TERRAKION BO

:sm/charizard-mega-y: :sm/terrakion: :sm/excadrill: :sm/rotom-wash: :sm/clefable: :sm/tangrowth:
team : https://pokepast.es/0310e45232461207
Hi, Im submitting :charizard-mega-y: charizard y for this week teambuilding competition. I built this team for oras ou santa.

Teambuidling process : I was thinking what re the best offensive partner with :charizard-mega-y: mega charizard y. The obvious partner for this mega is pursuit support because it able to trap :latias-mega: mega latias. The second option is good speed control that able threaten everything that is faster than :charizard-mega-y: mega charizard y. Im going with choice scarf :terrakion: terrakion as first partner because it is cool scarfer that can revenge kill +1 :volcarona: volcarona , :diancie-mega: mega diancie, :lopunny-mega: mega-lopunny and :weavile: weavile.

The second partner for mega charizard y need to be hazard removal. :excadrill: Excadrill is perfect partner with :charizard-mega-y: mega charizard y because it is the best hazard removal in oras ou tier.

The third partner i decide to use :clefable: clefable . Im using set that can switch into :alakazam-mega: mega alakazam and :diancie-mega: mega diancie.

For fourth partner i need something that can avoid :weavile: weavile from spamming icicle crash. I decide to go with :rotom-wash: rotom wash because it provide secondary ground immunity and :rotom-wash: rotom wash ability to provide volt switch is nice to make sure :charizard-mega-y: mega charizard y enter the field safely.

The fifth partner i decide to use something that can be secondary :lopunny-mega: mega lopunny switchin. Im decide to use :tangrowth: tangrowth because regenarator ability + grass typing + provide :excadrill: excadrill switchin.

Last edited:

Amir

Banned deucer.

:sm/charizard-mega-y: :sm/terrakion: :sm/excadrill: :sm/rotom-wash: :sm/clefable: :sm/tangrowth:

Hi, Im submitting :charizard-mega-y: charizard y for this week teambuilding competition. I built this team for oras ou santa.

Teambuidling process : I was thinking what re the best offensive partner with :charizard-mega-y: mega charizard y. The obvious partner for this mega is pursuit support because it able to trap :latias-mega: mega latias. The second option is good speed control that able threaten everything that is faster than :charizard-mega-y: mega charizard y. Im going with choice scarf :terrakion: terrakion as first partner because it is cool scarfer that can revenge kill +1 :volcarona: volcarona , :diancie-mega: mega diancie, :lopunny-mega: mega-lopunny and :weavile: weavile.

The second partner for mega charizard y need to be hazard removal. :excadrill: Excadrill is perfect partner with :charizard-mega-y: mega charizard y because it is the best hazard removal in oras ou tier.

The third partner i decide to use :clefable: clefable . Im using set that can switch into :alakazam-mega: mega alakazam and :diancie-mega: mega diancie.

For fourth partner i need something that can avoid :weavile: weavile from spamming icicle crash. I decide to go with :rotom-wash: rotom wash because it provide secondary ground immunity and :rotom-wash: rotom wash ability to provide volt switch is nice to make sure :charizard-mega-y: mega charizard y enter the field safely.

The fifth partner i decide to use something that can be secondary :lopunny-mega: mega lopunny switchin. Im decide to use :tangrowth: tangrowth because regenarator ability + grass typing + provide :excadrill: excadrill switchin.
I think you are missing the team import, so we can see the EVs and moveset.

:Medicham-Mega: + :Rotom-Wash: + :Tornadus-Therian: + :Garchomp: + :Serperior: + :Bisharp:

This idear was originally focused around abusing glare support from serp, naturally medicham fit the bill perfectly, rotom + torn-t for your standard volt-turn core, garchomp as the rockers + tank, and then we have bisharp as the last pick, in all honesty that bisharp could be anything else from cb tar, manaphy or some other misc third option to round it out, but Bisharp here specifically helps greatly in the mega alakazam mu which can be troublesome for this team considering it can come in always, and the likes of serp can't stave it off forever, or necessarily always grab a glare. Bisharp also helps with how annoyed this team is by the likes of clefable/diancie as it's able to 1v1 them both.

Overall, a very fun team, just make sure you don't accidentally run into cofagrigus + diancie because that unironically cleans house and makes me want to cry

team : https://pokepast.es/0310e45232461207

While I had quite alot of fun playing this team after Secret Santa, the most notable struggle with this team is handling Keldeo. Even though the usage of pokemon like Volcanion has increased in the metagame, many players often ignore the old threats that are still pertinent to the current metagame. Keldeo, Specs Latios, and other various special attackers can give this team alot of trouble despite Clef having a spdef spread, since latios can still trick Clef, and is often paired with mons like Metagross. Tangrowth of course helps you out on the physical side with Rocky Helmet, and in certain matchups, the team definitely has it's strong points. I just would be concerned when those special wallbreakers come my way. Also EQ Mega Altaria can pose a threat as well if the switchin is Clef since oftentimes players assume Heal Bell (meaning Rotom may not be the correct play some of the time) which would force most players to double to Tangrowth. Most Altaria's aren't Sub, but for the ones that are, I'd be pretty intimidated by those sets as Clef doesn't handle +1 Frustration/Return under a spdef set (or a defensive set comfortably), and the only other mon that would comfortably break Sub is either Drill (dies to EQ at +1) or zard-y which Altaria resists). Also the fakeout/Cofagrigus variation teams look like a serious problem as well, since the only reliable method of threatening cofagrigus is rotom+clef with zard coming in to drop hp to rocks. Often enough players can sack what has given them solid potential, switch back into lopunny, forcing a switch into tangrowth, but lacking the momentum to remove hazards later on. The threat potential that you offer however, is a great deal of immediate pressure that many teams may struggle handling. Against bulky offense, opposing volt/turn team cores struggle in the face of Zard, as the pivots typically fail to mitigate damage in the process of gaining momentum. Terrakion as you mentioned earlier, offers the support to revenge kill the threats that can cause immediate pressure to most Zard-y teams, (like Diancie, Weavile, or +1 Volcarona). I think to help improve the team, I probably would want to swap Tangrowth out for AV air slash tornadus (due to hurricane sun miss), still have enough spdef in clef to handle mega zam but make it more defensive, and as a potential option, i'd test scarf Volcanion over terrakion, with enough bulk to live a +1 hp ground volcarona, but having access to sludgebomb/wave for offensive Altaria, while also converting drill's ev's to a defensive spread. The other issue I see presented is electric offensive mons. Facing thundurus/scarf rotom can be challenging in a matchup like this, and so a thought that I've been running lately is a bulky yache berry garchomp set. It's designed to tank 1 jolly banded iciclecrash from weavile 100% of the time, while also tanking nastyplot boosted thundurus hpice, threatening rock tomb in the process. You also can toxic rotom/zapdos for consistent residual damage, allowing their switchins to be punished more effectively. Here's the team adjustments/variations I made if you're interested: https://pokepast.es/1f449313ca6a94ec , or https://pokepast.es/092fe2ac21d76964

-Note: Lopunny is still going to be a problem to deal with unless garchomp is either rocky helm, or swapped in with a bulky psychic type. You could op to run Reuniclus or Cresselia as well in its place with rocky helmet + recovery, but keep in mind that the scarf rotom/zap/thundy matchup will increase in difficulty. They can still be managed however with some chip/scarf volcanion pressure for two of the 3 mons, while rotom will either need its scarf removed, sacking an ally to trick, or a hard drill read on an opposing volt switch, threatening something else/setup rocks for whatever is coming in.

Amir

Banned deucer.
I guess it's time to reveal this team to the public.
Cresselia Sand Offense

Click for paste ->

The ORAS metagame is both a fast and bulky metagame, so I wanted a team that can break down common fat cores, while also maintaining momentum vs fast and offensive teams. This team was an idea that has been stuck in my head for ages, a team that links with each other offensively and defensively. I made it in 2021 but had multiple drafts experimenting with the mega, and the sets and this turned out to be the final product.

At a first glance from the team preview, it can be quite tough to predict what you're going against if it's your first time. But the idea is quite simple, cripple faster mons like Tornadus-Therian or Mega Lopunny with Serperior on the switch in with Glare, or try to catch it with a turn 1 thunder wave from Choice Scarf Cresselia. If you manage to do so, congrats you just obtained 1 step closer to victory.
- The team consists of multiple substitute users: Garchomp, Serperior, and Volcarona. You can use paralysis to your advantage and try to get a sub and set up your win condition or throw a heavy hit.
- The team also has multiple paths to secure victory: Sand Rush Excadrill, Serperior, and Volcarona.
- Well what seems to stop the win conditions? Excadrill tends to have issues with bulky waters like Rotom-Wash, Manaphy, Slowbro, or birds like Zapdos, Tornadus-Therian, and Even Tangrowoth. So you can use Volcarona, Serp and even your own Excadrill to catch these pokemon with toxic and slowly chip them down with the combination of stealth rocks, sand, Mega Garchomp and constantly subbing up against them.
Volcarona has issues with some pokemon such as Heatran, fat waters and Talonflame. Serperior can lure in Talonflame with HP Rock, it can also provide additional support by spamming paralysis along with Cresselia which can trick Heatran into the choice scarf and lock it into taunt.
Finally, Serperior well it manages to break through it's counters because it's busted as it is.

TL;DR: Team has amazing offensive and defensive synergy, load up the pokepaste, get a couple of games and you will understand how it works.

Mega Venusaur Balance

Team building process:

Building around Mega Venusaur since this Pokemon is heavily slept on in the current meta. Mega Venusaur is great pokemon because of how it can check some of the most common and annoying pokemon that you have to take into account when building such as Manaphy, Mega Diancie, Keldeo, Clefable, Mega Altaria, Mega Lop, etc. and it has a really great matchup vs offenseive teams. The Mega Venusaur set is pretty standard except it has sleep powder over hp fire I choose this since anything that isn't named ferrothorn doesn't want to come in on grass, poison coverage and sleep powder

Second team mate I added was Zapdos. Zapdos serves as a great partner for Mega Venusaur since not only does it completely sit on Excadrill and Ferrothorn it removes the hazards they want to go and try and set, this is especially important for Ferrothorn since Venusaur isn't carrying hp fire. Zapdos is also great for switching into flying types that Venusaur would avoid.

So far the team is pretty weak to strong psychics types, fire types, and kyurem-b

So this is why the next two team mates are Clefable and Tank Chomp. Clefable given evs lets it munch anything most strong special attacking psychics types as well as Kyurem-B would want to throw at it with the addition of being able to absorb status for Mega Venusaur like Rotom will-o-wisp, and tank chomp can be thrown into the other super strong psychic type Mega Metagross and most fire types barring Dragon Claw Zard X.

Now I was thinking man this team doesn't really hit very hard which is why the last two Pokemon I added were Keldeo and Bisharp

Bisharp is great because its serves as an offensive check to most psychic team and something I can throw in if I need more offensive momentum vs the strong psychics and Keldeo is good to just throw in their to drop the REALLY fat teams like semi-stall/stall.

VZR

formerly Venomshoc
Hello everyone! This is my first time participating in a teambuilding competition and as such I figured I'd try something a bit more fun.

Presenting...
Lukewarm Waters
(a basic rain team by VZR)

When first looking at the viability rankings there were quite a few options of megas to build around but I decided that I'd build around... Mega Swampert!

Mega Swampert boasts a high attack stat and amazing coverage as well as an immunity to electric type attacks including Thunder Wave. Although it is strong on its own it really lacks the speed to be breaking through teams and outpacing many common meta threats without rain, which is where our next team member comes in...

Politoed might be one of the best partners for Mega Swampert as it has access to Drizzile, an ability that automatically summons Rain Dance when it enters the field. Rain Dance drastically improves Mega Swampert's speed via Swift Swim and improves its attacking capacities with its 50% boost to water type moves. 44 speed evs gives us the ability to outrun Mega Scizor and threaten it with a burn, which could be important depending on how the matchup plays out the rest is dumped into hp and spdef. We will be basing the rest of our team around Politoed's Rain Dance so it is important that Politoed holds on to a Damp Rock to lengthen the amount of turns it's Rain Dance is active. This brings us to the next member of our team.

Manaphy in rain might be one of the most potent setup sweepers in the game. It's access to Tail Glow and an amazing ability in Hydration as well as a pure water typing creates a very potent mix that can be abused even easier during rain. Surf is favored here over Hydro Pump as to not tempt fate with a miss and as it is generally going to be picking up KOs without needing the extra power, especially in rain. A Modest nature used to ensure that Manaphy's damage is going to be annihilating opposing defensive cores and because the extra speed Timid provides will not be needed because of Manaphy's partners.

The next member of the team is Latios. Latios has the ability to keep up offensive pressure and piviot in on resisted hits that might threaten opposing team members. A choice scarf fits it exceptionally well in this position as it is able to outspeed much of the metagame, which is important for pressuring opposing teams when Rain Dance is not active. The move Trick is also really nice in this position since if its played right it can trick it onto an important defensive backbone and cripple it for the rest of the game. With so much offense stacked onto our team we need to start to consider what defensive options the rest of our team can take.

The obvious choice for a defensive backbone on this team is Ferrothorn. It has a really good array of defensive tools to help it come in and wear down opposing teams with Stealth Rocks and Leech Seed being it's two prime examples. Access to Iron Barbs also helps it to wear down pivots looking to U-Turn during any point in the match. It's typing is perfect for this type of team as well as it is able to easily pivot in on grass type attacks that threaten our water types. Being in Rain also lets it take 50% less damage from fire type attacks, which is excellent for preserving it's longevity.

The last member of the team I decided to add was Tornadus-Therian. Tornadus' access to Regenerator and typing are greatly appreciated by the rest of our team, especially when concerning it's position as a pivot. It also has access to the move U-Turn, which allows it to switch into an attack and U-Turn out into one of the offensive breakers all while healing whatever damage it took with Regenerator. Assault Vest is a perfect choice of an item here since it serves to enhance Tornadus' ability to switch into attacks.

Conclusion
I am confident that this team is solid enough to perform well, as it is pretty straight forward and simple to play, but it does have its share of problems. Ferrothorn is a really big one as this team does not have a lot of tools to deal with it outright other than blasting through it with a cleaner once it is chipped enough, or by tricking a choice item onto it. Amoongus is another big problem for the team as it can Spore and Giga Drain freely and it's Clear Smog can stop Manaphy from setting up on it. A lesser problem is Priority Moves which ignore speed buffs from Choice Scarf and Swift Swim and can pick off low health team members, however they can be quite telegraphed and can be dealt with in most situations.

https://pokepast.es/a719bbb3653e0d84

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Encore
- Rest

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Trick

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Rest

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Diancie-Mega Mag Special Offense
diancie-mega.gif
heatran.gif
magnezone.gif
tornadus-therian.gif
manaphy.gif
latios.gif

I'm relatively new to ORAS, so I've been experimenting with certain mons and ideas I've seen succeed in replays. This wasn't supposed to be a submission for a competition, but I kind of liked the way it turned out, and I wanted some tips to help me improve my understanding.

Originally, I wanted to make a team with Diancie after noticing how difficult it was to switch into it. Even Clef has a difficult time handling it and can be 2HKO'd if it isn't recover spamming. It's stupidly strong for someone coming from the GameBoy circuit of generations, and it has speed that allows it to clean house vs broken teams, too. The two biggest problems I saw with Diancie are difficulties beating priority Steel type moves, like Medi's and Meta's Bullet Punch, and being able to push through SpD mons like Chans and some waters.

I chose to pair it with Magnezone to deal with Metagross, Ferrothorn, and opposing Mag, who pivot very effectively on it, and Rain Dance Manaphy, who bowls over stall cores with ease and deals with Chansey and its status effectively. Speed for Jolly Mega Tar. Vs offense, it might be able to lure out a bulkier mon, like Ferro, who can be Magged or otherwise traded out for Diancie. I was hoping to pivot it into Metagross as well and Surf it down, too. Revenge with Mag. Or just use it for momentum. Because Latios also struggles to break through steel types and bulkier SpD mons, I thought it would be a nice partner to Diancie and Manaphy offensively to soften those cores up. It carries Defog, which helps Diancie with mediocre longevity. I elected to drop trick to create mindgames vs Chansey, Tran, and Suit Tar. If I hide Psyshock, I might be able to create endgames vs Chansey, should all else fail. If I hide Surf, I might be able to pull a fast one vs Tran and Suit Tar. If I hide Defog, I might be able to bluff trick and use the confusion to my advantage. I don't see myself being able to consistently trick a defensive backbone mon, but because this team is offensive, I'll be able to make use of the obfuscation to finesse a win here or there with a surprise tech. Lati also covers vs offensive waters in part where Torn gives some slack. I'm running Rocky Helmet to annoy Medicham some and force it to 50-50 instead of revenging Diancie's KO's. Psyshock to catch Chansey. I have two Taunt users, including a Magma Storm Tran to maintain pressure vs Recover spammers. The whole team maintains pressure vs Drill, so you're able to win the hazard war with ease.

Last edited:

The paste
I like coca, l love coca so l wanted to do something original with it and that idea just come in my mind. Putting an ugly absol to do diancie and lop stuff at the same time, countering tspikes and being able to break and clean, quite amazing actually.
So for absol, while sucker, knock and sd are a must, making it able to do his business, l also put iron tail that can ohko the too common clefable at +2 (and mega altaria as well).
About coca, while it’ll be almost always the same 4, the spread is here to tank thunderbolt of thundy i at +2 and outspeed bro and others coca.
To pair with that core, l first put a drill. Because even if that could feel kinda obvious, the mon is actually very interesting as hazard removal, removing only opponents ones which is a must on tspikes teams. Also needed it for checking the too common clefable, because mie sucks at that (and in general but that’s another topic). While the 3 is obvious, l put protect for more momentum while scouting as well as more abusing of tspikes and lefties. The spread takes a koff of banded vile, outspeed ada 70 base speed like bisharp. takes mega diancie better which is kinda annoying here and let drill tanking two leaf storm of support serperior.
l then thought about a breaker and had many ideas like terrakion or keldeo, but none of them satisfied me. Badly pairing with absol and tspikes, l saw a topic about spec tios and that was a revelation for me. Pretty much helping at weakening ferrothorn and bish, it also check keldeo, gliscor or elecs which helps the team a lot. The set is otherwise obvious, hp fire isn’t very interesting bcs surf deals enough to bish and ferro doesn’t need to be out for absol, just weaken.
Then thought of a pivot. I also had many ideas there like thundy or the common torn, but with tios, l was too weak to tar so lando sound the best idea. I first tried with defensive lando, but felt like it was a waste with volcanion and cofagrigus, so l put an offensive landorus. But once again, it didn’t feel like the best thing either, so l did a mix which actually work pretty well. Faster than drill is all the speed it needs and that also makes it faster than adamant cham, modest mana and many other things, letting lando easily put rocks or just rk those mons. The rest of evs was then put to tank +1 sucker of lo bish, +1 flame of rona and the yache to surprise those stupid elecs and kill them as they deserve.
And to finally finish with my team, l dumbly put a nion for my water resist but also to check things such as scizor or ferrothorn. I used amir’s spread without the speed, to make it as bulky as possible on physical. Protect is to get more momentum, abuse toxic, scouting and abuse of lefties there again. Otherwise i’ll let you read his thread to know what the ev does.

Bee-lieve in yourself

Altough there is a lot of room for improvement, I am posting this team since it has been fun playing it. M. Bee can scare off some threats like Clef, Serp, M. Lati and Weavile while also gaining momentum. Nevertheless Steels and bulky Grounds as well as chip (also from hazards) are big issues for it. Drill Run lets you hit Exca and Tran (two of the Steels that are hard to trap for Zone).

So to make up for it Zone felt like an automatic addition because it traps Steels and can even come in on a M. Bee U-Turn when they switch their Skarm or M. Sciz into it. Scarf allows Zone to outspeed threats like: Manaphy, M. Meta, Exca, Keld, Thundy etc.

Now I was looking for something to take on bulky Grounds, since they like to switch into M. Bee and Zone. Weavile fits this role perfectly and is hard to switch in most of the time on top of that. Priority can also come in clutch to finish off M. Pinsir, M. Lop or Thundy when weakened. Pursuiting Mons can turn out to be key for chip so M. Bee (or Volcanion/Exca) can clean up later on.

To back that core up I added the mandatory Exca for spin support and the overall utility it provides with its typing like switching into Clef without fearing T-Wave. Being a Ground-type and setting up rocks are two more good reasons for it to fit on the team. EVs are pretty standard: It tanks Flamethrower from M. Manectric, Earth Power from M. Diancie, Knock Off from Weavile etc. Max Speed is nice to tie with opposing Exca, outspeed Tran, Rotom and Mild Kyurem-B.

Volcanion is the water resist of my choice for its ability to also check Volc, Weavile, M. Meta, Bish etc. Toxic is great to cripple common switch ins like Gastro, Slowbro and Rotom. Sitting behind a sub can also turn into a nightmare for the opposing team as it hits hard, stalls toxic and makes up for its bad speed. EV spread allows it to tank the earlier mentinoed threats, M. Diancie, non-lo Thundy, M. Lop as well as EQs from Gliscor and Lando.

Lastly Torn-T is one of the best pivots in the tier (also being a needed fighting resist), checks Serp, M. Zam, M. Medi, Keld etc. HP Ice is preferred on this team to handle Gliscor, Lando and Thundy for a bit more DMG (without risking accuracy). Knock Off is also nice to have (also on Weavile) to remove important items like random shed shell from Skarm, leftis from Rotom, Exca and Tran and so on.

The biggest threats for this team (from my experience) are: Thundy, Exca, M. Diancie, M. Manectric. So watch out for these and try to play around it.

Insou

formerly LoveStallLiveLife
:xy/Manaphy: :xy/Magnezone: :xy/Absol-Mega: :Xy/Landorus-therian: :Xy/Latios: :xy/Clefable:

Teambuilding Process

Offensive Core

:Absol-Mega:
First started with a concept to build around Absol Mega that does not lose to stall, while being able to deal with other archetypes.
To start the offensive core, Mega absol was chosen to revenge kill or to force out the likes of mega metagross, Bisharp, Mega alakazam, gengar and etc.

:Absol-Mega: :Manaphy:
There I chose manaphy, with tail glow rain dance rest you can deal with stall without worrying about its longevity. Rest is completely optional since toxic is also a viable option to deal with unaware clefs, and jellicent while being able to deal with chans/bliss with tail glow and rain dance.

:Manaphy: :Magnezone: :Absol-Mega:
But what about hazard stacking balance with ferro and skarm? And also, how do we deal with mega scizor? Magnezone. Zone has to be scarfed in order to deal with keldeo, and to improve matchup against opposing manaphy and clefable.

:Latios: :Magnezone:
Latios checks the likes of serperior, and non-icy wind specs keldeo. Zone on the other hand forces out threats such as clefable etc etc.

Defensive Core

:Clefable: :Landorus-Therian:
The pair of Clefable and landorus with the help of magnezone offers an offensive presence to chip down mega metagross and the defensive presence to wall mega lopunny, Mega Altaria which greatly threatens our offensive core and check the likes of volcarona, granted if it's not running fire blast and if landorus therian is healthy. Mega medicham is most definitely a threat, especially when trying to create progress with manaphy. Clefable can check it if its healthy, but is obviously, prone to zen flinches. Hazards can effective wear it down with positioning to get latios in and force it out to bring clefable or heatran back into the field which allows you to either chip with shock or defog away the hazards on your end. Trappers such as heatran is hardly a threat thanks to manaphy. Talonflame on the other hand can be worn down but can also potentially become a threat if lando has been significantly chipped.

Ps: Most of this is common sense, genuinely don't know why I made it this long but w/e it is what it is.

Importable
Mega Absol Bulky Offensive (pokepast.es)

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
And that should do it for this first week! Thank you very much for your participation everyone!

I forgot to mention this one on the OP, something that I will correct but essentially submissions will be allowed until the Friday of every week, so voting to see the winner can be done on the weekend. So we are going be doing just that

And here we go, here are the list of teams!

Team 1

Team 2

Team 3

Team 4

Team 5

Team 6

Team 7

Team 8

Team 9

Excellent submissions everyone! You may vote for 1 team. Remember to please do not bandwagon and make a fool of yourself, vote for who you truly believe has the best team in here. Overall really cool stuff so lets see what everyone has to say!

Voting will last until 01/08/2023 at 11:59 PM GMT -5. Best of luck everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)