Resource ORAS OU Teambuilding Competition - Revived! (21st Round Voting on post #414 - Absorbing Abilities)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insou

formerly LoveStallLiveLife
:sm/Volcanion: :sm/Lopunny-Mega: :sm/Cofagrigus: :sm/Excadrill: :sm/Landorus-Therian: :sm/Latias:

Mega Lopunny+SD Earth Plate Lando Offense
To start off, the offensive core of Lopunny and landorus suffers extremely against defensive cores with slowbro. Cofagrigus alleviates the pressure of allowing a free switch to the aforementioned walls without being at risk of being poisoned by stacking toxic spikes. Volcanion on the other hand threatens the longevity of pivots such as rotom wash, while providing a form of counterplay against Weavile and other offensive threats such as Volcarona who can be revenged with fake out from Lopunny after a steam eruption. SD Earthplate landorus behind the sub forces out rotom wash, opposing landorus, skarmory, and zapdos which allows lopunny to clean lategame. Scarf Latias provides healing wish support to keep landorus healthy in lategame, while acting as a check for keldeo.

Last edited:
1675479432534.gif
1675479599129.gif
1675479618755.gif
1675479641913.gif

Sus is ba.. l mean the paste
I chose a team with landorus scarfed bcs l was lazy it’s a very cool and underrated mon. A team i’ve made sometimes ago with only broken stuff, because it’s fun. Proved to work and that it’s strong, l thanks Joya for the small edits that made the team even better.
Haha get bait you noob.. I mean it’s late, please understand me, i’m going to make it tomorrow if i’m not lazy again

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ty everyone for their submissions, we have lot of these. Lets get to the voting!

Team 1

Team 2

Team 3

Team 4

Team 5

Team 6

Team 7

Team 8

Great stuff all around. I really like all of them to be quite honest.

Voting will last until Sunday at 11:59 PM GMT -5. Best of luck!

Cheers!

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
And thats a wrap! Team 5 by Amir has won this round! Congratulations, will be added to the hall of fame this week alongside the remaining rounds fr fr (shoutouts to me for second place tho)

Now to the next round, shall we!

Mega Gallade

This round we will be submitting teams with this underrated mega! This thing may look straightforward and perhaps inferior to other fighters but it has interesting perks in the bulk, utility movepool, and able to trade out vs a lot of things very well. Pretty annoying to beat on a 1v1 ngl. Fun one for sure, give it a try!

Round will last until February 12th at 11:59 PM GMT -5. Best of luck!

Make this quick team : https://pokepast.es/9073a32d584edadc

:SM/gallade-mega: :sm/terrakion: :sm/serperior: :sm/rotom-wash: :sm/latias: :sm/landorus-therian:

The main idea of this team is to abuse mega gallade against mega lopunny team which is one of the most used mega in the current meta. Mega gallade able to scare mega lopunny to mega because of its ability inner focus. I'm using poison jab as coverage on mega gallade because its able to ohko lorb clef after SD. Knock off as fourth move because it's good coverage and able to hit cofagrigus and slowbro.

Team explaination : I'm using scarf terrakion as mega gallade partner because it is a cool scarfer that can outspeed volcarona and mega gallade able to pressure fighting resist such as clefable which make scarf terrakion able clean end game. For the third partner, I'm using serperior because its ability to spread para which can be helpful for mega gallade and serp also able to help against mega diancie. For defensive core , I'm just using rotom , latias and landorus which is try and true core for offense team.

https://pokepast.es/39fe2d0da445a079

I absolutely LOVE MGallade, in fact i made a team of him!

Teambuiding:

So i stared obviously with MGallade, a lot of people tell me that MMedicham is more strong than him and...yeah T-T... But do not underestimate him with a 165 attack couple with a great speed tier, Swords Dance is pretty usefull as it raise X2 the attack of (Already) high base stat, Drain Punch is is
primary stab and even if it doesn't have the power of Close Combat, couple with SD (swords dance) MGallade can have a high more longevity. Poison Jab is able to hit hard fairy type like Clefable and Knock Off can hit Ghost and Psychic type like Slowbro and Cofagrigus. A jolly nature help gallade to be quicker then some menace and speed Tie a lot a menacing Mon of the OU such as MMetagross. The item is a Galladite and....wait you don't know about Mega Gemmes??? go see korrina bro...

Weavile work pretty well with Mllade as i can menace a lot of pokemon that he as a lot of difficulty passing throught like Def Latias, Slowbro, MMetagross (without Bullet punch) and vice versa. Knock Off and Icicle Crash is is primary stab as i can absolutely beat an whole team that is weak to it with an amazing base stat of 120 atk and 125 speed, Pursuit is a trap move as it can free kill mon like Lati twins, Gengar, weaken slowbro..ect.
Ice Shard is a pretty usefull priority to finish weaken Mon. The item is a Choice Band it rise the atk of the owner by 1.5X but block the move as you only can use it...pretty cool.

Volcanion....well Keldeo already destroy the shit out of us so...
it has a great place in the team as it can conter water type like keldeo, azumarill ect... i play Off volcanion but you can use Def Volcanion btw
Steam Eruption and Flamethrower are is primary stab and it's AMAZING he can touch, Steel type like a buster, Grass type like as if he wasn't there ,fire type like to make it stop burning ect... Sludge Bomb touch fairy type like clefable pretty hard and HP grass to touch Water type like keldeo, azumarill, gastrodon ect... timid nature help him go faster. The item is the Choice Scarf, similar at the Choice Band but the Speed is increase.( and the shiny is trash )

Tornadus-Therian is "The Momentum Pokemon" the ONLY thing that make my say...."F*ck fight type", MGardevoir is also pretty underratted as it can fuck the team up if Gallade is not as it mega form. Check Spec Keldeo and lati twin ect is is job. Hurricane hit keldeo and other fight tipe like lopunny heat wave touch scizor, skarmory, ferrothorn ect, knock off take out the item of the opponant ant u-turn switch the current pokemon to the pokemon of your choice (pretty usefull).The item is an Assault Vest like that he can take more Spe atk, so cool.

Seismitoad...look at the ugly, creppy, moisty, frog
at first gland, he doesn't look very strong but thanks to his Water Absorb skill he can deflect water-type attacks to heal himself. Stealth Rock serves him to... pose them lol, Scald to have a chance to burn the opponent and Earthquake to come and threat pokemon like heatran and pose Steath rock, knock off to take out the item off the opponant. bold nature to help him take some physical atk. The item is Rocky Helmet, every physical atk that it take the opponant take 1/6 of its max HP. cool

and the Last Excadrill pretty commun lol
by virtue the best spiner and conter to clefable, it has to be here
Earthquake and Iron head are so cool as they can allow Drill to conter a lot of Mon, Rapid Spin get out the hazard of the field it's pretty cool when you have Weavile, Volcanion, and Tornadus in the same team, toxic make it more easy to couter Mon like Zapdos and Tornadus. careful nature to increase Spe Def and that take the shot. The item is leftovers, At the end of every turn, holder restores 1/16 of its max HP.

Threat to the team:

Steath Rock: they are SO USEFULL against us so excadrill must stay alive.

MManectric: if Seismitoad is dead you are going to have a Baaaaaad time.

i probably forgot a LOT of them so if you can help me, pls do it.

i had a lot of fun making that team, if you have some suggestion tell me or talk to me on discord: Majora's Kirbo#8590

nice day!!!

Mega Gallade Crawdaunt Offense

:xy/gallade-mega::xy/serperior::xy/crawdaunt::xy/excadrill::xy/zapdos::xy/clefable:

I'm using an approximation of the set seen in SPL and man I have been pleasantly surprised by Mega Gallade. The very common excadrill/rotom/tornadus/clefable/lopunny builds are very easily subject to clean up after weakening rotom and paralyzing tornadus. Or you can use Gallade to dent the team instead.

Serperior is paired with Gallade to para and weaken tornadus-T. Credit to Amir for the spread. Static Zapdos is also used to attempt to spread paralysis on important targets for Gallade (and crawdaunt) such as Tornadus-T, Mega Metagross, and Mega Lopunny. Crawdaunt is used because I was a bit tired of using Weavile and honestly with spreading paralysis and 2 already very fast mons, I think crawdaunt was the right call. The insane breaking power it provides goes very well with Mega Gallade, in particular it weakens Rotom-W and Clefable which Mega Gallade can always appreciate. Plus, it's a solid Volcarona check. Clefable is SpD for Mega Diancie and other threats. I'm using Healing Wish because often times Serperior or Gallade will be used to cause a dent to the team and be low but Healing Wish brings them right back. Excadrill is also a mix of offensive with some SpD, enough for substitute to withstand Hex from Cofag while outspeeding up to Jolly Bisharp (and most other bulky excadrills not jolly or max). Making it Jolly is an option but Adamant really brings the damage home.

+2 32 Atk Gallade-Mega Psycho Cut vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 210-247 (53.2 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 224 HP / 0 SpD Gallade-Mega: 174-206 (52.2 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Tornadus-Therian Hurricane vs. 224 HP / 0 SpD Gallade-Mega: 228-270 (68.4 - 81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
200 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 224 HP / 0 SpD Gallade-Mega: 124-147 (37.2 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Lopunny-Mega Return vs. 224 HP / 0 Def Gallade-Mega: 180-213 (54 - 63.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 224 HP / 0 Def Gallade-Mega: 205-243 (61.5 - 72.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Amir

Banned deucer.
Mega Gallade, Volcanion Volt Turn Bulky Offense

I have been through 11 Mega Gallade teams and finally, I was satisfied with one that was worth posting here.

I got tired of using Mega Gallade on Hyper Offense so I decided to take a Bulky Offense approach and made this. The team revolves around one of my favourite Mega Gallade sets to run in the current metagame, that being SD, Close Combat, Knock Off with Poison Jab, the idea is you use Mega Gallade to remove Clefable and Slowbro on bulky offense teams so Weavile can abuse its stabs. I chose Weavile as the pursuit trapper to handle both opposing Zapdos and Tornadus-Therian without much drawback and it has a lovely speed tier to abuse and pressure offense.
I picked 4 attack Volcanion as it is quite unexpected and can steamroll through common fat teams used in the meta (pun intended), Hidden Power Grass is for Rotom-Wash and Gastrodon, while Sludge Wave is for Clefable which both Mega Gallade and Weavile appreciate.
Landorus-Therian was chosen as I wanted a ground, a rocker, and wanted to start the volt turn core, Zapdos was the other part of the Volt Turn core, but I was first thinking of going Static to punish opposing Tornadus-T, but the team has so much offensive pressure vs Torn-T, I didn't need to use Static here, so I opted for defog here to have some form of hazard control on the field, I chose Rocky Helmet as the item as a way to chip Mega Lopunny that plans to encore you into roost and think they can return for free, lastly I needed a steel type and I also some speed control, I didn't like the idea of scarf Excadrill or scarf Heatran here either, so I went with the old and trusty CB Scizor, which adds additional support to the volt turn core, it can lure in fat waters and Heatran so I can punish with Volcanion or Zapdos respectfully.

The team had some hidden techs which allow you to surprise opponents and I don't mean the Poison Jab on Mega Gallade, the team has Quick Attack on Scizor, as after rocks it can safely check a +1 Volcarona and a somewhat fast Zapdos which can catch things off guard such as a subbing Suicune which expects to use the sub as a way to absorb the Volt Switch, or a Metagross before mega evolution thinking it can +knock you out with Ice Punch as you click roost.
As for threats, be careful of Mega Diancie and Mega Alakazam, as this team doesn't have a Clefable (I didn't want to add it as it would kill all the momentum), just play smart and practice your positioning.

Finally, have fun.

252 Atk Lopunny-Mega Return vs. 216 HP / 188 Def Zapdos: 160-190 (42.6 - 50.6%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO
4 Atk Diancie-Mega Diamond Storm vs. 216 HP / 188 Def Zapdos: 306-360 (81.6 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Ice Punch vs. 216 HP / 188 Def Zapdos: 238-280 (63.4 - 74.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Black Glasses Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 216 HP / 188 Def Zapdos: 313-369 (83.4 - 98.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 216 HP / 4 SpD Zapdos: 80-94 (21.3 - 25%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO
+2 252 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 216 HP / 4 SpD Zapdos: 159-188 (42.4 - 50.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 216 HP / 4 SpD Zapdos: 300-355 (80 - 94.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Zapdos Volt Switch vs. +1 252 HP / 40 SpD Suicune: 104-126 (25.7 - 31.1%) -- 4.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Gallade-Mega Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 366-432 (92.8 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Gallade-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 340-402 (86.5 - 102.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
128 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 8 HP / 32 Def Volcanion: 254-302 (83.8 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 140 SpD Landorus-Therian: 283-334 (74.2 - 87.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

MrAldo

Hey
And just to add something up before closing the round!

Team tailored to provide the better odds for a gallade sweep. The bulky gallade set definitely stands out at the most efficient way to run it nowadays so we went with that. SD Bisharp is fire, and a great partner for mega gallade to facilitate an easier time cleaning up. Scarf Rotom is self explanatory. Taunt Torn stops all hazard removers so we are running stealth rock toxic excadrill like men, and a choice band azu cause we cant afford to die to weavile like this and extra firepower to help gallade, and the priority to revenge kill volc is nice. Team is weak to everything so learning when to trade vs offensive threats is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)