ORAS ORAS OU Summer Seasonal #4: Round 12 [Replays Required]

Status
Not open for further replies.

susciety

Under the Alolan moon
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Host
OUPL Champion
Art by Blazenix

Entering this seasonal earns you points in qualifying for the ORAS OU Championship, and winning it qualifies you to play in the RoA Forum Championship 2022.
Winning this tournament will allow you to display
or
in your signature.

SPECIFIC RULES
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • This is a standard Gen 6 OU Tournament. All matches must be played in the [Gen 6] OU format.
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination.
  • All rounds will be First to 2 Wins. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Saving replays is mandatory. You do not have to post your unless mentioned in the round's OP.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown (or smogtours server). It is recommended to play on the Smogon Tournaments server due to its ability to automatically save replays.
ORAS OverUsed Format

Banned Pokémon
Aegislash, Arceus (All formes), Blaziken, Darkrai, Deoxys, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Defense, Deoxys-Speed, Dialga, Genesect, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Greninja, Groudon, Groudon-Primal, Ho-oh, Hoopa-Unbound, Kyogre, Kyurem-White, Landorus-Incarnate, Lugia, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Shaymin-Sky, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zekrom.

Banned Moves
Baton Pass, Swagger.

Banned Abilities
Arena Trap, Shadow Tag.

Banned Items
Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Lucarionite, Mawilite, Sablenite, Salemencite, Soul Dew.

Clauses
Sleep Clause, Species Clause, Self-KO Clause, OKHO Clause, Evasion Clause, Moody Clause, Endless Battle Clause, Swagger Clause.

Tie Rules
Battle ties do not progress either player towards winning the match.

General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
ORAS subforum for resources.
Winners Bracket:
Pohjis  vs  Hyssou
DugZa  vs  Spl4sh

Losers Bracket:
Always!  vs  Zokuru
Marshall.Law  vs  Joya

The deadline to complete these matches is Sunday, August 14th @ 11:59 GMT -4.
Reminder that Replays are Mandatory!

Last edited:

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
Won in 2 vs Zokuru, got very lucky, respectful ggwps. I thought I saved the G1 replay, but it looks like the 15min timer kicked in when I went to go get it; I only have the replay for G2, my mistake. Should just play on smogtours from now on.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6ou-1638968280-8bse43kvt79lu6ym2uyoe0q56qr079mpw
Edit: G1 link if it's still possible to get the replay/confirmation: https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen6ou-1638963540-v0s1iu8rx9z8hfap0pdw6zp2w41q9tmpw
Edit 2: Team I used in G1: https://pokepast.es/c2eb27bb591ee8b9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)