Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Endless Battle is a completely different thing from paraflinch, the two should not even be compared. It can be annoying to face but it heavily relies on chance and can be beaten. Any Electric type beats the strategy due to immunity to paralysis and resistance to Iron Head/Air Slash, Taunt on something bulky, and others I'm too lazy to mention right now.
Jirachi is also nerfed a bit now that it's weak to dark and ghost too. Also, you forgot ground types, as far as Togekiss is concerned since it generally uses t-wave rather than body slam (esp. now that it's not STAB anymore). Also, the ubiquitous Rotom-W laughs at both of them.

Endless Battle, above all, isn't a winning strategy - as in, it's not even designed to win games. Flinchaxing a Rotom-W with Nasty Plot Togekiss might be hilarious, but in the end, you use this to win. Funbro and the like are griefing, which is why they had to be banned.

Moving away from this...
This might have been asked already, but on future statistic data, what would under the new ladder-system be the equivalent of the 1850 stats?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Jirachi is also nerfed a bit now that it's weak to dark and ghost too. Also, you forgot ground types, as far as Togekiss is concerned since it generally uses t-wave rather than body slam (esp. now that it's not STAB anymore). Also, the ubiquitous Rotom-W laughs at both of them.
I purposefully left out Ground types because they are shaky against Jirachi and Togekiss' repertoire. Physical Jirachi generally carries Ice Punch and outspeeds Ground types like Gliscor, whereas Togekiss may Nasty Plot or spam STAB against their usually weaker SpD stat. Electric types are surer switches.

Having not paid attention to the generation shift until this one, I must ask; when will the completed sixth gen analyses of the Pokemon be uploaded to the main site?

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Zoroark has a good move: "night daze" and i want to know if it's possible to use this move in OU tier
I guess it's a viable option. The only other dark special move Zoroark runs is Dark Pulse, but Night Daze has 5 more power and a 40% chance to lower accuracy in exchange for 5% less accuracy. I guess it's up to personal preference.

Having not paid attention to the generation shift until this one, I must ask; when will the completed sixth gen analyses of the Pokemon be uploaded to the main site?
No idea, but until then there's the Sixth Gen OU Analyses Forum, which has the analysis of a lot of OU Pokemon, and those are the sets that will be uploaded on the main site.

The main reason I can think of against Night Daze is if you're disguised as something that could actually use Dark Pulse. Once you've used Night Daze you've tipped your hand, as nothing else has it. Meanwhile if you're disguised as, say, a Greninja, a Dark Pulse coming from that would look believable. Ignoring the lack of Protean, anyway.

I'd still probably use it over Dark Pulse, disguises don't usually mean anything past the first turn.

Zoroark has a good move: "night daze" and i want to know if it's possible to use this move in OU tier
Zoroark isn't really a pokemon you use in OU if you want to give yourself the best chance of winning, but if you use him night daze is a decent alternative to dark pulse. Most of the time though the extra 5 power isn't worth it because of accuracy loss. You won't turn very many 3hkos into 2hkos and so on. However, you potentially turn all 2hkos into 3khos if you miss. Also the flinch chance of dark pulse is almost as good as the accuracy drop from night daze. The only thing that makes the latter effect better is that it works on faster pokemon.

Usually they drop the SDef because Pokemon need the resilience against priority moves.

Now, you must realize that Mega-ChainChomp is weaker than the regular LO-ChainChomp on both sides in addition to its lower speed. The regular one was Naughty 240 and faster than the neutral base 100 while the equivalent Mega barely outpaces Timid Heatran, which is good enough. Still, in order to make him actually worthwhile you have to exhaust its ability to the fullest.

That's how it may look like:

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin / Sand Force
EVs: 240 Spd / 252 SAtk / 16 Atk
Naughty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

However, should you want Mega-Chomp to be on equal footing with the regular one, you have to be Naive 220 Spd / 252 SAtk / 36 Atk. You loose a bit too much power that way, though.
Didn't get to this sooner - I was acting under the assumption that one would use MegaChomp over LOChomp if one wanted the added bulk, sacrificing speed but retaining a lot of the power. +Defenses and no LO recoil makes MegaChomp much more resilient than regular Chomp... which is why I figured, if I was going to try to use the Mega, I might as well try to max out bulk. As you said, if I just want to run mixed Chomp, I should just LOChomp. So, for a bulky attacker MegaChomp, is the SpDef drop still the best idea?

EDIT: On the issue of Zoroark, I prefer the bluffing ability and reliability of Dark Pulse, but Night Daze is still totally usable.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Mariachi Duck Mega Chomp is a wallbreaker, regular Chomp isn't. Regular chomp is usually either a swords dance sweeper, stealth rock setter or a choice scarf/band. Mega Chomp on the other hand can run mixed sets and destroy some of its dedicated walls, like hitting Landorus-T with HP Ice, Skarmory with Fire Blast, everything else with Draco Meteor and ridiculously strong (even if unboosted) Earthquakes, especially under the sand.

It is hard to fit both tank and mixed attaker in one set. If you run negative speed, it will be slower than Timid Heatran, which is a no-go. The increase of the defensive stats does not provide a big enough difference to compensate for the lack of Leftovers a regular BulkChomp would carry - compared to the monstrous defensive perks a Mega-Tyranitar offers in the place of its regular form. In our opinion, bulky Garchomp outclasses bulky Mega-Garchomp while the Mixed set at least has some merit because of the lack of LO recoil and Sand Force.

aVocado

@ Everstone
It is hard to fit both tank and mixed attaker in one set. If you run negative speed, it will be slower than Timid Heatran, which is a no-go. The increase of the defensive stats does not provide a big enough difference to compensate for the lack of Leftovers a regular BulkChomp would carry - compared to the monstrous defensive perks a Mega-Tyranitar offers in the place of its regular form. In our opinion, bulky Garchomp outclasses bulky Mega-Garchomp while the Mixed set at least has some merit because of the lack of LO recoil and Sand Force.
Why use bulky chomp in the first place? But anyway, if you do end up using a bulky chomp, then yeah, I would advise regular chomp, use the mega slot for something else.

Still, offensive chomp is much better than defensive chomp because the latter is outclassed by Zygarde, who only lacks Stealth Rock.

To me, the viable sets are Choice Band, Choice Scarf, Swords Dance, Stealth Rock setter (also has Swords Dance), and mixed. Mixed is exclusive to mega chomp as it's much better, all the others should be done by regular chomp, who has the ability to use either Yache Berry to take on random HP Ices/Shards or LO for maximum damage output.

Why use bulky chomp in the first place?
Stealth Rocks, an actual usable ability and better coverage (Fire Blast, Aqua Tail) than Zygarde, we recommend you to take a look at the 5th gen OU analysis.

As said, mixed is not exclusive to Mega-Garchomp - regular LO-ChainChomp is both faster and stronger than it. The Mega is still viable though, mostly because of Sand Force.

If you are going for special saur ideal would be 0 atk, mix saur would be 30 attack. However, to be relastic... the odds are going to be against you.

Your 6IV Ditto will mess with your inheritance in terrible ways. Still right now, you don't seem to have any mon with two properly placed 30s.

Now this will seem odd, but drop the destiny knot for now. If you can only generate one IV at a time, it is at least two generations before one can possibly come up fire.

Or, as a much better option, if you know someone with Pokébank, RNG a 31/0(30)/31/30/31/30 Ditto, and get them to transfer it for you.
Would it be better to use my (31/E/31/31/O/O) and 6 IV Ditto in this case without Destiny Knot, whilst searching for somebody willing to trade me the Bulbasaur, then?

None of your combinations turn out helpful, the Ditto will end up creating 31s where you needed 30s. So you'd want to use a power item to force one of the IVs down but the other two that are assigned could still land in the stats that you need them to not be in.

None of your combinations turn out helpful, the Ditto will end up creating 31s where you needed 30s. So you'd want to use a power item to force one of the IVs down but the other two that are assigned could still land in the stats that you need them to not be in.
I have some junk Bulbasaurs, too, one with HP Fire (but something like 150 total IVs) which I'll IV check and get back to you when I've done it.

EDIT: Found a 31/24,26/31/31/31/8 Bulbasaur which may be something to work with.

Last edited:
Could anyone give me an example of a Level 100 EV spread being optimized for Level 50? I've heard before that a Gliscor spread of 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe at Level 50 would be essentially the same as a 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe spread at Level 100, but with one more Speed. And could an explanation be provided? Thanks.

If you generate a pokemon via Action Replay and you breed it, is there any way that it can be traced going forward? Unless there is an easier way to get Iron Fist on a chimchar... All the ones I have have blaze :-/

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
If you generate a pokemon via Action Replay and you breed it, is there any way that it can be traced going forward? Unless there is an easier way to get Iron Fist on a chimchar... All the ones I have have blaze :-/
Simply put, a hatched Pokemon is never illegal.

looking for my 6th team member, are there any pokes that resist flying and psychic and are not called heatran? (Also being able to deal with Charizard Y would be good too)

If it helps my team is (M) Venu, Conkeldurr, Rotom-W, Azumarill, Landorus-T and I have tried scarf Espeon and Talonflame as my 6th, both worked ok but I want to cover my Psychic and flying weakness in one if I can. Also any suggestions that are not Heatran would be appreciated as I dont really have access to him atm

aVocado

@ Everstone
looking for my 6th team member, are there any pokes that resist flying and psychic and are not called heatran? (Also being able to deal with Charizard Y would be good too)

If it helps my team is (M) Venu, Conkeldurr, Rotom-W, Azumarill, Landorus-T and I have tried scarf Espeon and Talonflame as my 6th, both worked ok but I want to cover my Psychic and flying weakness in one if I can. Also any suggestions that are not Heatran would be appreciated as I dont really have access to him atm
Uhh, heatran is really the ideal Pokemon here, so idk. The thing about Heatran is that it's the only one that can do what it does, so it's hard finding another Pokemon.

Could anyone give me an example of a Level 100 EV spread being optimized for Level 50? I've heard before that a Gliscor spread of 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe at Level 50 would be essentially the same as a 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe spread at Level 100, but with one more Speed. And could an explanation be provided? Thanks.
It is possible to follow those suggestions blindly but it does not grant optimal results everytime, especially in pinpoint stats like HP and speed. It's more important to understand why a particularly EV speard is chosen.

Gliscor's Defensive set is actually 244 HP / 248 Def / 16 Spd. Explaination and gripe will be provided.

With 244 EVs in HP Gliscor reaches 352 HP, which is a multiple of eight and should grant the maximum amount of recovery by Poison Heal. In our opinion Gliscor should have 4 more EVs in it because 352 also a multiple of four and just in the case you substitute you will have one less sub to work with; also, should the opponent manage to burn it somehow, you may get more life out of your Gliscor because burns work with eighths, too.
Anyway, at level 50 Gliscor will heal 22 health at 176 onwards. If you do not use substitue, you cannot go wrong just maximizing the HP. However, if you do plan to use substitue, you must not exceed 179 HP (228 EVs) because at 180 it will generate 45 HP subs, an amount Poison Heal cannot recover in two turns.

The 16 EVs in speed ensures that Gliscor will always outspeed Adamant 252 Scizor; slightly outdated because of Mega-Scizor, but let's pretend it is just a regular SD-Scizor.
At level 50 Scizor reaches a speed of 117. In order to outspeed it Gliscor actually has to have at least 20 EVs in speed.

The equivalent spead for 244 HP / 248 Def /16 Spd at level 100 would be 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spd at level 50.
The equivalent spead for 248 HP / 244 Def /16 Spd at level 100 would be 228 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SDef / 20 Spd at level 50 - yeah, it looks weird. Just play with the Pokemon Showdown sliders a bit and you will understand.

aVocado

@ Everstone
What does Gourgeist have over Trev, and vice versa, what does Trev have over Gourgeist? What's the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)