Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does everstone and destiny knot ruin the chances of hatching a shiny?
Im going to try get a shiny goomy but i want a good nature and good iv

(Will be using the masuda method to get it ofc)

Well, we got a shiny non-Masuda egg totally by chance. Destiny Knot and Everstone were involved.

I've seen commentary in threads regarding M-Banette using Prankster alongside Imprison. Serebii does not have Imprison listed as a possible move, nor does the research thread here. Where/how does Banette get this move? Is it something that has to be imported from a previous generation?

I've seen commentary in threads regarding M-Banette using Prankster alongside Imprison. Serebii does not have Imprison listed as a possible move, nor does the research thread here. Where/how does Banette get this move? Is it something that has to be imported from a previous generation?
To be fair, the Research thread for Banette is kinda underdeveloped. The Ralts line is available in this generation, so it should receive Imprison from one of these. We will try to confirm this the next opportunity.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Showdown is down (lol) and I really need to know this; how much speed does Lando-T reach with a boosting nature and 88 speed?

And Mew with a boosting nature and 88 speed?

Apologies if this is the wrong place, but I'm thinking about running a Hydration Wall Goodra in Ranked Doubles. Any more experienced battlers think this will work (before I go off and breed it to test for myself):

Goodra "Goomeister" @ Weakness Policy
Hydration/Calm
252 HP, 112 Defense, 4 Special Attack, 140 Special Defense
- Rest
- Muddy Water
- Acid Armor
- Toxic

[EVed for maximum defensive efficiency in doubles assuming +2 Defense from 1 Acid Armor. Calm chosen over Bold for around a 3% increase in defensive effectiveness]

Showdown is down (lol) and I really need to know this; how much speed does Lando-T reach with a boosting nature and 88 speed?

And Mew with a boosting nature and 88 speed?
A Jolly/Naive Landorus-T reaches 264 speed. We have no idea why someone would do that because Adamant/Naughty Lando-T can achieve the same speed with 184 EVs in speed.

Mew with +nature and 88 EVs has 283 speed. It actually need 188 EV with a neutral nature in order to get the same speed.

Whatever happened to Conkeldurr this gen? I've seen virtually zero mention of him since X/Y released.
I don't think it's possible to get a 'Durr with Mach Punch until Pokebank is released. You can probably get Drain Punch (Mienfoo is available as a source), but I don't know if there are any possible sources for the egg move. Also not sure if Iron Fist Conkeldurr is available, either.

If I'm right and Mach Punch Conkeldurr is currently unavailable that's probably the major reason; I can hardly think of a common Conkeldurr set that didn't run it.

Does the Ability Capsule only provide a temporary effect, or is the Ability change permanent?
I was under the impression that it was a permanent effect, but I recently read something saying it was stored in the battle items bag which, as far as I know, only contains single-use, in-battle effects.

Does the Ability Capsule only provide a temporary effect, or is the Ability change permanent?
I was under the impression that it was a permanent effect, but I recently read something saying it was stored in the battle items bag which, as far as I know, only contains single-use, in-battle effects.
As far as we can remember it is classified as medicine; it is definitely a one-use but permanent ability change, though.

Edit: Checked it, it's medicine.

I'm looking for a good specially defensive pokemon to round out my ingame team (which will probably form the core of anything else I do until Pokebank releases).

Hawlucha
Vivillon
Chesnaught
Golurk
Charizard (Megazard X)
INSERT NEW BRO HERE

It's not ideal by any means, I realize (several of these are going to be replaced or re-bred once I finish the game), but for the time being I'd like to get some ideas of what would be a good 6th to add as I tinker with this team for the month or so before Pokebank launches.

I'm currently looking at a supportive Goodra set, but any other suggestions? In particular I also recognize this team has a huge Flying weakness (3/5 Flying weak, one 4x) and a 6th who can soak those incoming blows would be nice. I could go with an Aegislash, but I'd prefer something with a bit more supportive capability.

As far as we can remember it is classified as medicine; it is definitely a one-use but permanent ability change, though.

Edit: Checked it, it's medicine.
Thank you very much!

I know I asked this a page or two ago, but it never got addressed- do we know if there's a shiny lock on the cover legends and/or Zygarde?

What clauses should be followed in sixth gen?

Because the banlist only lists ubers and moody and nothing else, so I would assume other clauses still hold, BUT things like drizzle + swift swim lost their reason to exist, on the other hand.

I'm looking for a good specially defensive pokemon to round out my ingame team (which will probably form the core of anything else I do until Pokebank releases).
Let's go down the list:

Gyarados is a solid tank both ways and does not need a lot of maintenance, but your team already is fairly weak to Electrics, so you should skip this one.

There a quite a few specially defensive Fairies out there, with Flogres and Sylveon being the most prominent. Both have Wish and have quite a bit punch behind their Moonblast. Sylveon das not have its Hyper Voice nuke available yet, so you might want to stick with Florges, especially because it is quite easy to breed (always female). Gardevoir is also possible; not quite as bulky but has more exotic support options like WoW, Thunder Wave, Hypnosis and Disable in addition to Wish.

You are probably already familiar with Goodra.

Need Rage Powder? We think Amoonguss is the only one here with that. Spore is nice, too. And you do get Regenerator without Friend Safari. Patches up Charizard's weaknesses nicely.

Noctowl! Next!

Unfortunately, you do not get a Gothitelle without Friend Safari. If you happen to find one, it makes a nice trapper.

The last one on the list is Altaria. Overall it is weaker than Goodra but its power lies in the support: Has Roost, Safeguard and Perish Song as well as Refresh. Unfortunately, it misses out Heal Bell form the previous generation, so its actual team support is slightly hampered.

I know I asked this a page or two ago, but it never got addressed- do we know if there's a shiny lock on the cover legends and/or Zygarde?
Only the data miners may know. There hasn't been a case of shiny Zygarde been documented yet. Let's say that nobody knows.

Because the banlist only lists ubers and moody and nothing else, so I would assume other clauses still hold, BUT things like drizzle + swift swim lost their reason to exist, on the other hand.

There isn't really a generation VI metagame yet, so the only bans are the basics (sleep/item/evasion clauses, Moody) and the ubers of the Uber tier, the version-mascots and generation headliners with massive BSTs.

I'm not sure what the plans are, but I'd be slightly surprised to see anything "solid" before the release of Pokebank at the least, since Pokebank being unavailable amounts to a *massive* tacit banlist for a "pure" gen VI metagame. It'd be arguably moot, since anything they put into place now will have to deal with a huge glut of Pokemon and sets from previous generations that are unavailable now, including previous-gen mainstays like Heatran.

(I also can't speak to the plans there, but privately I'd be shocked as well if it's considered necessary to maintain the DrizzleSwim ban, since Drizzle rain isn't permanent now.)

Does anyone know what the critical hit rate at +1 (i.e. a Pokemon with Super Luck using a non-high-crit move) is?
Nobody knows for sure; crit rate boosts supposedly received a buff, but nobody's done any testing with statistically-relevant sample sizes and the dataminers haven't cracked it yet.

Many times where I tried unranked random matchups on the 3DS, I have a blast.....except when the preview screen has Ubers like Mewtwo, and the signature X/Y legendaries.

I mean, there really isn't anything I can do right? No in game restrictions in place.....I mean I can do random matchups with all ubers if I was obsessed with winning. Just don't think that is something Gamefreak could have ignored for yet another generation.

The only solution I can think of is having a Xerneas on my 6 so that when I have to choose 3 Pokemon, I can pick that as a just-in-case solution.

My Pokebank OU team consists of mega lucario (swords dance), excadrill, scizor (choice band), rotom-w, and garchomp (stealth rocker). I have no idea who to put as my last slot because I can't seem to find a threat to this team (I know there has to be one). Also since genesect is ou now should I switch scizor for it?
Nobody answered..

No. I hatched a shiny Froakie with the Masuda Method and both of the items after only 149 eggs. Although that isn't exactly the biggest sample size, there's no reason to believe that they would lower the shiny odds. Good luck getting a foreign Ditto with good IVs and nature, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)