Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

With the SuMo Pokedex out, will we be allowed to start making threads for the OU Forum to discuss viability and movesets?

With the SuMo Pokedex out, will we be allowed to start making threads for the OU Forum to discuss viability and movesets?
The forum officially turns over tomorrow with the North American release, and moderator permission is required to start threads. But that should be a thing we're allowed to do.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
All this stuff is in the Sun and Moon section of Orange Islands atm if you want to talk about that kind of stuff

ok thanks I felt bad for not making my own teams but I'm so bad at making teams
Don't worry, i am no newbie and i also build teams sometimes but i kinda suck at doing that and almost every team i use were made by others, if you know how to play the game in general, you can take some good team from other person and analyse it so you can master it and use it as if it was yours. And for example, if you are good at building balance but suck at building offense, what you usually do is use a team from another player if you plan on using that different playstyle + there are some very popular sample teams like the birdspam HO and those stall teams that are no longer usable because mega sableye was banned that basically everybody uses, regardless of their skill level.

Don't worry, i am no newbie and i also build teams sometimes but i kinda suck at doing that and almost every team i use were made by others, if you know how to play the game in general, you can take some good team from other person and analyse it so you can master it and use it as if it was yours. And for example, if you are good at building balance but suck at building offense, what you usually do is use a team from another player if you plan on using that different playstyle + there are some very popular sample teams like the birdspam HO and those stall teams that are no longer usable because mega sableye was banned that basically everybody uses, regardless of their skill level.
ok thanks its nice to know that I'm not just incredibly bad cause I cant make teams cause I am alright at battling

if I'm still a beginner is it ok to only use teams other people have made cause I'm not good at making teams?
Yes it is okay of course because as a beginner you are not familiar with the tier and sample teams or teams from other people help you get more familiar with it. So Unless you are a very calm person and don't mind losing much you could try building teams and be fine with it but I can tell you that losing is sometimes so frustrating that you want to use good teams to start off with to have at least a chance to win.

How has the metagame changed in the last year or so? After my old account stopped working, I kinda lost interest. (This an account I made to test if I could post on another account two years ago I couldn't.)

if I'm still a beginner is it ok to only use teams other people have made cause I'm not good at making teams?
Being a good battler is a lot "easier" (in comparison) than building good (read: meta-defining) teams. So when you're just starting out, copying teams is perfectly fine. A good starting point is the sample team thread, or watching replays of top players and trying to collect info about their teams by comparing how much dmg certain attacks did in a damage calculator.

How has the metagame changed in the last year or so? After my old account stopped working, I kinda lost interest. (This an account I made to test if I could post on another account two years ago I couldn't.)
We just got S&M pokemon, so there is no real "meta" yet. Aegislash, Pheromosa, Toxapex, Genesect are all broken or close-to, so those are good anchors to build around/against

what spread and item do I put on my kommo o with the moves subsititute belly drum earthquake and dragon claw?
also I know this isn't oras but no question and answer chat for sumo yet

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
what spread and item do I put on my kommo o with the moves subsititute belly drum earthquake and dragon claw?
also I know this isn't oras but no question and answer chat for sumo yet
there is a sqsa for sm, its here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...the-op-before-posting-a-thread.3587186/page-5

also dont use that set lol but if youre going to anyways run this:

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Ability: Soundproof / Bulletproof
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Belly Drum

Hi everyone I'd like to know if there is there a calculator that gives you an ev spread for surviving two consecutive attacks either on the same side of the spectrum or the opposite. I'm aware of the pokeasc.appspot tool but you can only use one benchmark at a time there.

Do you guys think mega sableyes gonna be useless this meta since he can't prankster among mega evolving + nerf to burn? I'm having trouble maximizing his potential

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)