Tournaments ORAS OU Invitational - MAIN EVENT - Round 10 (Won By MichaelderBeste2)

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender

Hello everyone, and welcome to the first-ever ORAS OU Invitational! This time I will be your host. The purpose of all of this is to essentially gather some of the best ORAS OU players of the past and modern ORAS to duke it out and show all of us their amazing skill and why they are announced as the greatest. Of course, this isn't happening just to take each player's precious time, as a matter of appreciation and a natural incentive this event will have a prize pool of $574!

Now it is time for the main event! So Noisy and Vulpix03 have fought extremely well to earn their place into the last 2 spots for the main event and now we are ready to roll. 32 legends of the game are ready to duke it out and show the greatness of the ORAS OU metagame in motion!! The list of players is simply outstanding all around, with each matchup looking like a damn good highlight! Let's get to it!

Our tournament rules!
- This is a standard ORAS OU tournament.
- This tournament will be Double Elimination. 32 players, 10 Rounds. Both the Main Event and Play-ins are invite-only.
- All matches are ORAS OU bo3 until Round 8 (top 4), at which point all subsequent matches are bo5.
- Replays are mandatory for all games at every stage of both tournaments.
- Extensions are only given in exceptional cases and need to be applied beforehand. The hosts may refuse any extension request.
- All games must be played on the Smogon Tournaments Pokemon Showdown! server (smogtours.psim.us).
- Play-ins will be a Best of Three Single Elimination 16-person bracket where the top two participants will qualify for the main event.
- Do not cheat. The hosts reserve the right to disqualify anyone breaking this rule.
- Do not harass or insult your opponents, spectators, or staff. The hosts reserve the right to disqualify anyone breaking this rule.
- The main event will take over 2 months to complete. This is a hefty time and effort commitment. Make sure you can commit to playing the entire tournament until the end before accepting the invitation.
- This is a serious, competitive, invite-only ORAS OU Tournament with hundreds of dollars on the line. Effort, serious teams and Pokemon, and not forfeiting games/sets for no valid reason are expected of all players. We reserve the right to disqualify anyone from breaking this rule.

Schedule of the whole event!
September 4th - Main Event Invitations
September 11th - Play-In Invitations
September 18th - Qualifiers Round 1
September 25th - Qualifiers Round 2
October 2nd - Qualifiers Round 3
October 9th - Main Event Round 1
October 16th - Main Event Round 2
October 23rd - Main Event Round 3 (Loser's Only)
October 30th - Main Event Round 4
November 6th - Main Event Round 5 (Loser's Only)
November 13th - Main Event Round 6
November 20th - Main Event Round 7 (Loser's Only)
November 27th - Main Event Round 8 (Winner's Finals)
December 4th - Main Event Round 9 (Loser's Finals)
December 11th - Main Event Round 10 (Grand Finals)

Main Event Finals:

xray vs. MichaelderBeste2

MichaelderBeste2 needs to win 2 Bo5, xray only needs to win once.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are officially in finals. What a tournament, insane teams of all types and some truly effective ones all around. Has been a blast but we are at the end of quite the spectacle of this memorable tournament.

This round won't have a deadline, just get it done. Good luck to both!​

Last edited by a moderator:

Spl4sh

Banned deucer.
Path to finals:

R1: 2-1 vs. sjneider
R2: 2-0 vs. Empo
R4: 2-0 vs. blunder
R6: 2-1 vs. Star
R8: 3-2 vs. pj
Overall: 11-4

R1: 2-1 vs. Garay Oak
R2: 0-2 vs. pj
R3: 2-0 vs. Punny
R4: 2-1 vs. Ayaka
R5: 2-0 vs. Spl4sh
R6: 2-0 vs. Finchinator
R7: 2-1 vs. Tricking
R8: 3-0 vs. Raptor
R9: 3-1 vs pj
Overall: 16-6

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Good luck both! I did not show it much, but I have been following this event from the start, and it was a pleasure to see that many great players battle. gen6 has been too often called "incomplete" or "a worse gen7", with "standard, boring teams" or "full of HO cheese" by others. As someone who truly got into competitive Pokémon in its early days and was lucky enough to witness how diverse it could be, it has never felt right with me, and seeing everyone here (mostly) pushing forward the metagame and coming up with strong, out of the box teams was very pokéheartwarming. Either finalist will be be a deserved winner, of that I've no doubt, but it has above all been an amazing tournament so far & I would like to thank all the participants for that :blobnom:

Last edited:
This has been a fire tour, definitely looking forward to seeing the series between Xray and Michael. I hope this hype finals helps spark more love in this amazing gen, and that we can incentivize new players to come try it out to help grow our community :)

MichaelderBeste2

is the Smogon Tour Season 35 Championis the 1st Smogon Masters Winner
World Defender
Won the reset too, ggs
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen6ou-666274
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen6ou-666278
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen6ou-666279
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen6ou-666280

I have to admit that I got lucky here and there but I think it's also a miracle that I had to play every single round and then coming out on top. Thanks to Alpha1013 xray Spl4sh MrAldo for hosting the tour and inviting me to play some ORAS. Also thanks to everyone who supported me during my journey, you are great people <3 Cheers

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Grats bro, strong performance. Your development over the past few years has been insane and I am glad we go way back to your beginnings on this site. :heart:

Although I coulda def played better I feel like the litte things were against me again.. starting from Dual Edge miss G1 Series 1. Feel like that happens to me anytime I get anywhere close to winning something relevant on this site, maybe I need to reconsider my ways of playing and prepping (if you can call it that for my games in this tour lol).

Amir

Banned deucer.
Congratulations well deserved Michael, thank you to all the hosts and helpers who managed to make this tournament exist. It was a fun tournament and it was nice to see the many fun and creative teams used throughout the tournament. I hope we see more ORAS tournaments being promoted this year and in the many years to come.

Capybara.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Congratulations to MichaelderBeste2 for such a phenomenal win and for being totally unbeatable in losers, simply amazing run with the best ending for him. Id like to thank xray and Spl4sh for giving me the opportunity to host during most of the tournament and be witness of some fantastic ORAS games during a lot of rounds with a ton of variety, and thank you to all the players for the spectacle.

Id like to continue being part of potential ORAS tournaments in the future to come, definitely looking forward for more and to keep ORAS relevant for all the years to come.

Cheers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)