Tournaments ORAS OU Invitational II Round 10 Grand Finals

1700679444926.png

Hello everyone and welcome to ORAS Invitational II, hosted by Sylvi , Ithi and myself! The goal of this tournament is to gather the greatest ORAS players in present day and have them duke it out in a high-stakes double-elimination tournament!

This edition will follow a known format that everyone is familiarized - 32 Players, Invite only, Doubles Elimination - with a few additional rules found below.

- This is a standard ORAS OU tournament.
- This tournament will be Double Elimination. 32 players, 10 Rounds. Both the Main Event and Play-ins are invite-only.
- All matches are ORAS OU bo3 until Round 8 (top 4), at which point all subsequent matches are bo5.
- Replays are mandatory for all games at every stage of both tournaments.
- Extensions are only given in exceptional cases and need to be applied beforehand. The hosts may refuse any extension request.
- All games must be played on the Smogon Tournaments Pokemon Showdown! server (smogtours.psim.us).
- Play-ins will be a Best of Three Single Elimination 16-person bracket where the top two participants will qualify for the main event.
- Do not cheat. The hosts reserve the right to disqualify anyone breaking this rule.
- Do not harass or insult your opponents, spectators, or staff. The hosts reserve the right to disqualify anyone breaking this rule.
- The main event will take over 2 months to complete. This is a hefty time and effort commitment. Make sure you can commit to playing the entire tournament until the end before accepting the invitation.
- This is a serious, competitive, invite-only ORAS OU Tournament with hundreds of dollars on the line. Effort, serious teams and Pokemon, and not forfeiting games/sets for no valid reason are expected of all players. We reserve the right to disqualify anyone from breaking this rule.

November 6th - Main Event Round 1
November 13th - Main Event Round 2
November 20th - Main Event Round 3 (Loser's Only)
November 27th - Main Event Round 4
December 4th - Main Event Round 5 (Loser's Only)
December 11th - Main Event Round 6
December 18th - Main Event Round 7 (Loser's Only)
December 25th - Main Event Round 8
January 1st - Main Event Round 9 (Loser's Finals)
January 8th - Main Event Round 10 (Grand Finals)

Main Event Finals

pj vs. Niko

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are officially in finals. What a tournament, insane teams of all types and some truly effective ones all around. Has been a blast but we are at the end of quite the spectacle of this memorable tournament.

This round won't have a deadline, just get it done. Good luck to both!​

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
won vs niko

played about 15 games with you each game felt tought to win even with good mu's good games bro you will dominate oras gen for a while.

shoutout day 1 xray and team India for having my back every game

also shoutout MANNAT and Raptor for carrying me with your teams :mad:

Very happy to win this tour after last year

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen6ou-745370
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen6ou-745371?p2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen6ou-745373?p2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen6ou-745375

So Noisy jitgya beta :blobuwu:

ty alpha and sylvi for hosting this appreciate your work

Niko

Sun God
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
First of all I want to thanks the host for their great job and everyone who watched the games, it's thanks to you that this tournament was so hype. It was a long run but it never felt annoying because I liked playing this tier a lot. I feel like ORAS is one of the OU tiers most rewarding to metagame innovation, prep and gameplanning. Losing in finals is a bad feeling, especially after getting it to Set 2 but I'm still proud of what I achieved, because I did basically everything by myself. I still want to thank people that supported me over the course of the tournament like BluBirD - your Diggersby team is a blast man - Santu for the g5 team in Set 1 vs pj and for testing, Will of Fire for some sets and teams and for being the first one serious Cresselia user, and the Filo Gang in general for always supporting me. You are the goats. Also thanks to my Indie Scooters mates for supporting me in the finals :heart:

pj congratulations on the win man, you really deserved it. We played like 15 games over the last months and every single one was a total war, you were definitely the hardest opponent in my run. You beat me in the builder most times and always played clean and forced me to very hard endgames. I'm a bit disappointed about the unluck in a couple games but this is the game we play and it would be dumb to not accept it after all this time. Good luck for your remaining games in SPL, see you next tour.

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Can't say enough how proud I am. The development you've taken throughout the past 2 years has been amazing and I'm glad I was able to witness it from the start. Two series truly worthy of being a finals, played with such precision, and close to no misplays letting the games all come down to mind games. Grats to Niko as well and huge thanks to the hosting team and the donors for gracing us with such an amazing tournament. Hopefully, a third edition will come this year!

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
Congrats pj, you've really come an insane way from the literal kid with the Digimon profile picture who was seen as a meme to a full-fledged, top ORAS OU player. Good teams, good play throughout, and I've always loved your attitude towards the game, at least from what can be seen publically. Totally unfazed in the face of good luck, bad luck, while always saying his ggs. You seem to really love this game and tier, and there's no one I'd rather win the biggest ORAS tour than someone with some legitimately good sportsmanship and love for Pokemon, on top of being a good player. Couldn't be more deserved.

Really insane run Niko, you've taken out some strong players along the way, and almost managed to claw all the way back from loser's finals as well. Again, always happy to see people do well that genuinely like this tier for what it is. For all the negativity you see on Smogon day in day out, it's very refreshing when a bunch of people come together to play a tier they just genuinely enjoy! Great plays with some cool teams from you all around, as well.

And, of course, thanks to Alpha1013 and Sylvi for hosting and staying on top of stuff!! Good work, I think I speak for everyone when I say we really appreciate all the work you guys put into this! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)