Resource ORAS LC Good Cores

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
@
&
+ Tailwind

"teehee i'm such a good ladder player lol lc is so easy this sample team uses voltturn and foongus to soak hits its so so good yayaya OH WAIT NO NO NO SHIT" - live thought process of someone watching Foongus be 2HKO by Reckless Bandfoo's HJK

This core attempts to pair a rare thing - a mon that surprises opponents not by sacrificing power, but by gaining it - with a mon whose previous oversaturation has given rise to a swath of counters which are easily exploitable with a simple moveset change. Bandfoo is usually played early game to catch walls by surprise and smash - the aforementioned foongus as well as Skrelp, cottonee, gunk (nearly OHKOd!) die to 2 HJKs; pretty much anything neutral dies in 1 hit, including Evio Archen, Evio Chou, Chespin (assuming rocks), and Impish Pony. Lategame it finishes offense in a way regular Foo only can dream about, but it has a common problem: the ubercommon 17 speed tier. Enter Fletch. It has tons of utility as per usual, sweeping and revenge killing like a champ, but it's still walled by Archen / Chou / Pawn. While they kill you or whatever, set up prio Tailwind. That's three turns for Foo to rip open a weakened team. Pair this with a Fairy-beater and a Pursuit trapper and SMASH like bot quotecs does lucky canadian ladies

Sets:
@ Choice Band
Trait: Reckless
Evs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- High Jump Kick
- Drain Punch
- U-Turn
- Knock Off

This is the legend Bandfoo, Jolly for speed and power for power. Band is better than LO; you dont have Regen to prevent being worn down, and Band nets some 2HKOs that are important. Reckless turns this into a monster, hitting unfairly hard with HJK. Moveset is easy, U-turn in case you need to get out, Knock Off for Ghosts and stuff, Drain Punch if you're shook bout a Gastly switchin or something, and HJK to take lives.

Trait: Gale Wings
Evs: 156 Hp / 196 Atk / 92 Def / 60 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance / U-Turn
- Roost
- Tailwind

Pretty easy set, normal evs + standard Gale Wings, Acro to do fletchling stuff, SD in case a sweep opens, I slashed U-turn in case you're a vturn player (i play this core more on HO), Roost for recovery. Tailwind helps Foo bone everything endgame and supports the rest of the team.

Imo just add Stunky to the core, considering it's easily the best teammate for foo. That's pretty interesting though Shrug, I'm certainly going to try all three together!

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
boo836 said:
Imo just add Stunky to the core, considering it's easily the best teammate for foo. That's pretty interesting though Shrug, I'm certainly going to try all three together!
YES YES YES that's what i put on next when i built with it for the first time, lategame sweepers work well too after foo blasts things (Carv, etc)

The core:

The pokes:

UNVIABLE???? (Trubbish) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sticky Hold
Level: 5
EVs: 116 HP / 36 Atk / 100 Def / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Recycle

i got yo back bro (Spritzee) @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind/Aromatherapy

Alright so seeing how low the amout of bulky cores in LC is i thought it would be a nice idea to fix that up.
So this core uses the Garbage poke, what could work , Both pokes fix there weaknesses knowing spritzee can actualy deal with anything that trubbish can't exept for drillburr with iron head or croagunk both can be solved at once with bulky meinfoo anyway but that would be a bit too mutch for a core to focus on.
With aromatherapy the core would be extreemly durable and with calm mind it would be able to get some offencive pressure cause about nothing wants to deal with spikes set up and a spritzee at +1

The idea behind this is maby a bit stall like but that's why i would list it under the defencive cores

Last edited:

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Got three cores coming atcha rn and they all have Houndour so...
COMMENCE OPERATION FIRESTORM
----------------------------

Fuel (Houndour) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 36 Atk / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 9 HP
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Destiny Bond
CORE 1 - BALANCE:
|

Melt (Vullaby) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 76 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird

Vullaby effective deals with a lot of the issues Hound faces. It removes hazards that hurt the already frail doge, provides Knock Off support, is immune to Ground moves, and has a good chance to beat most Fighters. The only issue that remains is a shared Rock weakness, but that's not too difficult to get around, especially not with the next core:

CORE 2 - OFFENSE:
|

Beams (Croagunk) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 52 HP / 188 Atk / 36 Def / 188 SpA / 36 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Vacuum Wave
- Gunk Shot

This core certainly has some synergy (Gunk resists Rock and Fighting, Hound beats Psychics) but its main selling point is function: shittons of priority. Some threats to Offense builds involve SashBra and set-up sweepers like DD Corph and SS Oma. Between Hound's Sucker Punch and Gunk's all the other things, these two mons provide a nice safety net for Offense if an opponent somehow sets up while still packing immediate power.

CORE 3 - OFFENSE:
|

Jet (Vulpix) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drought
EVs: 52 HP / 196 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Overheat
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power Rock

This core is called Jet Fuel, cause it only does one thing: burn! The two mons don't share any synergy at all, but that literally doesn't matter at all. Vulpix's job is to tear through shit that's either A) faster than Hound B) not a 4x Fire resist. Sun boosted Fire Blast is pure insanity and will literally burn down entire office complexes. If that isn't enough, Vulpix also survives a +2 Tirtouga Aqua Jet in Sun after Stealth Rock so it can come in and revenge kill the nerd (since this core is meant for offense, it's probably better just to switch.) You'll find that almost 100% of the time you'll be clicking Fire Blast, so the coverage is up to you, I like Dark Pulse because it can possibly flinch and that might win me a game one day?? Idk it doesn't matter cause you literally never click it. Once Pix is done wrecking shit Hound can come in with Sucker Punch and more Fire Blasts and clean up. Most teams are really underprepared for FireSpam atm which makes this a very potent offensive 'core'.

BTW that's like 2/3 of my best team, so there you go

Last edited:

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
CORE 3 - OFFENSE:
|

Jet (Vulpix) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drought
EVs: 52 HP / 196 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Overheat
- Energy Ball
- Dark Pulse

This core is called Jet Fuel, cause it only does one thing: burn! The two mons don't share any synergy at all, but that literally doesn't matter at all. Vulpix's job is to tear through shit that's either A) faster than Hound B) not a 4x Fire resist. Sun boosted Fire Blast is pure insanity and will literally burn down entire office complexes. If that isn't enough, Vulpix also survives a +2 Tirtouga Aqua Jet in Sun after Stealth Rock so it can come in and revenge kill the nerd (since this core is meant for offense, it's probably better just to switch.) You'll find that almost 100% of the time you'll be clicking Fire Blast, so the coverage is up to you, I like Dark Pulse because it can possibly flinch and that might win me a game one day?? Idk it doesn't matter cause you literally never click it. Once Pix is done wrecking shit Hound can come in with Sucker Punch and more Fire Blasts and clean up. Most teams are really underprepared for FireSpam atm which makes this a very potent offensive 'core'.
I've run this exact core for a while now on a team that Sweep and I made, and we used HP Rock > Dark Pulse in order to hit Archen and opposing Fire-types much harder. Give it a try, as Dark Pulse really doesn't do anything outside of nab a flinch every once in a while (but then you lock yourself into it lol).

Here's another offensive core similar to the Fletchling + Diglett core.
+

This is a simple U-Turn + Trap core, being what Diglett does best. Larvesta tends to struggle taking on bulky Fire- and Rock-types such as Omastar, Ponyta, and some other Pokemon such as Chinchou and as they come in to take hits from you, you can U-Turn out into Diglett and pick up a kill. Diglett struggles to take on bulkier Pokemon such as bulky Mienfoo and Spritzee, which Larvesta can come in on, cripple with Will-O-Wisp, and wear down with Flare Blitz or U-Turn with the ability to heal with Morning Sun.
Larvesta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 80 HP / 236 Def / 156 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Diglett @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Sucker Punch

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

CM Spitzee Moonblast is resisted by steel, fire, and poison typing. Steel and poison types can also hit it super effectively, possibly ending the sweep.

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind

Diglett can trap many different mons especially steel, fire, and poison types that can stop Spritzee from sweeping. Diglett can hit them with STAB eq and take them out. Diglett has a hard time trapping Pawnaird so be careful with that.

Diglett @ Life Orb
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Claw
- Sucker Punch

Last edited:

CM Spitzee Moonblast is resisted by steel, fire, and poison typing. Steel and poison types can also hit it super effectively, possibly ending the sweep.

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind

Diglett can trap many different mons especially steel, fire, and poison types that can stop Spritzee from sweeping. Diglett can hit them with STAB eq and take them out. Diglett has a hard time trapping Pawnaird so be careful with that.

Diglett @ Life Orb
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Claw
- Sucker Punch
already on there, courtesy of yours truly

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 9 HP
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Destiny Bond
- Crunch

Riolu @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 196 HP / 196 Def / 116 Spe
Impish Nature
- Copycat
- High Jump Kick
- Blaze Kick / Protect
- Toxic

This is something I've been playing around with, it's meant to be a dual cleaner core, mainly focusing on Riolu. Carvanha helps to lure in things that Riolu cannot deal with, like Foongus, Spritzee, Vullaby, etc while also managing to check Pokemon like Larvesta, Ponyta, etc. Meanwhile, Riolu helps deal with things like Ferroseed and can kill Fletchling. It also lures in Spritzee, and can beat Calm Mind Spritzee with Toxic. Blaze Kick can be used to deal some damage to Foongus, but I haven't found it to be too useful yet. It's also useful in being a psuedo-hazard setter and psuedo-hazard cleaner, due to Copycat. It's also pretty cool in that it can beat Abra, even more so due to how Abra has stopped running Protect. ITS ALSO CUTE AS FUCK. Obviously this core is nowhere near a defensive core, it can lose greatly if you lose offensive pressure, while also sometimes not providing as much offensive support as needed. Some cool teammates are things that can take care of Pokemon like Grass-types, like Foongus or Chespin. Archen is kinda cool to help, as it provides Stealth Rock or Defog so Riolu doesn't always have to Copycat and make the plays, while also beating some Fighting-types that the core can struggle with. Knock Off support can be good too, however it isn't as needed as Carvanha can Destiny Bond any key threat that Riolu or the team doesn't want to deal with, so I tend to sac it early unless Carvanha can actually clean. All in all this core is really cool just clean up with, as your options are actually suprisingly varying

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
I would like to post this under offensive cores. It is Shell Smash Omanyte, HP Fire Gothita, and SR Pawniard. Shell Smash Omanyte is an amazing sweeper with high special attack that sets up on things like Fletchling and Ponyta. However, it struggles to break through some stuff, most notably Ferroseed, who takes any hit and can KO with Bullet Seed. Here comes Gothita, who can trap Ferroseed and kill it with HP Fire. Gothita can also trap Fighting types, who can threaten Omanyte's sweep. Sometimes, Omanyte and Gothita need some chip damage to KO some threats. Here comes Pawniard, who can Knock Off items, set up Stealth Rock, and can beat stuff like Abra or Cottonee, who can pose a threat to the core. And that's the core! Some suggestions people have gave are to add a Snubbull/Spritzee, as this core struggles with Fighting types. A fighting type can also help, checking dark types and also hurting Ferroseed. Have fun with the core!

Lord (Omanyte) @ Eviolite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 76 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Hot Topic (Gothita) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 28 Def / 240 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Steel Link (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 160 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
/Hide

Last edited:
Reactions: OP

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I would like to post this under offensive cores. It is Shell Smash Omanyte, HP Fire Gothita, and SR Pawniard. Shell Smash Omanyte is an amazing sweeper with high special attack that sets up on things like Fletchling and Ponyta. However, it struggles to break through some stuff, most notably Ferroseed, who takes any hit and can KO with Bullet Seed. Here comes Gothita, who can trap Ferroseed and kill it with HP Fire. Gothita can also trap Fighting types, who can threaten Omanyte's sweep. Sometimes, Omanyte and Gothita need some chip damage to KO some threats. Here comes Pawniard, who can Knock Off items, set up Stealth Rock, and can beat stuff like Abra or Cottonee, who can pose a threat to the core. And that's the core! Some suggestions people have gave are to add a Snubbull/Spritzee, as this core struggles with Fighting types. A fighting type can also help, checking dark types and also hurting Ferroseed. Have fun with the core!
(Don't forget to include the importable versions of your sets! n_n)

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Omanyte @ Eviolite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 76 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Shell Smash

Gothita @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 240 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Energy Ball / Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Trick

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Thanks u guys for helping me with my core, and hopefully it will be uploaded whenever this thread gets updated.

Woop woop, offensive cores. First post in here in a while, by the way. It's good to be back.

+
+

Pancham @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 180 Atk / 100 Def / 212 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot
- Zen Headbutt

Vullaby @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Roost
- U-turn

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 Atk / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

This core focuses on weakening opposing walls and taking them out with Ponyta and Pancham as effective wallbreakers. Offensive Vullaby checks a lot of threats on its own, including but not limited to Foongus, Croagunk, LO Abra, and Gastly. Its Knock Off is powerful enough to soften up walls by getting rid of Eviolite, and can always turn out to Pancham against Pawniard and other Fighting-types (bar Croagunk, Pancham wins 1v1s with Foo and Timburr most of the time with or without Eviolite) or into Ponyta to check Fairies and Will-o-wisp users, which would otherwise ruin this core. Spin support is recommended for this core, because while Pancham resists SR, offensive Vullaby does not carry Defog and SR can weaken Ponyta's walling potential. Tentacool and Drilbur make good partners, because the former has key resists to Water, Fairy, and immunity to Toxic, and the latter has the power to muscle through Sturdy sweepers, which this core has trouble with if Pancham ever faints or becomes crippled.

Last edited:

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Vullaby (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 Atk / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Roost

Skrelp @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 116 Def / 196 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt

what completely shuts down a bulk up timburr?

-foongus
-cottonee
-spritzee
-snubbull
-other poison types such as skrelp and croagunk can be annoying

Vullaby hardwalls foongus, and an offensive set really helps to pressure the opposing team, especially gaining momentum with U-turn
Vullaby also pretty much hardwalls Croagunk, who could annoy Timburr
Skrelp switches in on Cottonee and Spritzee without a second thought, ready to wallbreak with its massive power
Snubbull is still a little annoying with TWave+EQ, but skrelp is running speed to outspeed standard snubbull so it's less annoying
Skrelp is also running TBolt so it can beat opposing Skrelp - HP Fire isn't that necessary as Timburr is beating Ferroseed anyway
Basically, an amazing Bulky Offense core, which takes advantage of BU Timburr's counters to put the opponent in a bad position whenever Timburr gets in

Torvanha

+

Carvanha @ Life Orb
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 40 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Aqua Jet / Zen Headbutt
- Protect

Torchic @ Life Orb
EVs: 40 Atk / 200 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA
- Substitute
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Rock Slide / Low Kick

The core can, at the first view, looks very strange. Probably because Torchic is not used as an offensive task. However, he has a good 70 spatk, coupled with life orb and a powerful Fire Blast. The only thing that make him underrated as an offensive threat is its lack of movepool with only Fire STAB + HP. But he has some interesting coverages move. Torchic has too a really decent atk that will help it to lure some supposed counters. I posted some interesting calcs in the Innovations thread, check it if you want more informations. I just let two calcs in order to show him how powerful is this :

196+ SpA Life Orb Torchic Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo: 16-19 (76.1 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
196+ SpA Life Orb Torchic Fire Blast vs. 236 HP / 76+ SpD Eviolite Porygon: 12-16 (46.1 - 61.5%) -- 68.4% chance to 2HKO

So, now I can present the core.
The point of the core is that this is a finisher core for Heavy Offense. Let's see some carvanhas counters and checks.

- Fightings, Croagunk and Mienfoo mostly.
- Fairies, mostly Cottonee
- Grass types such as Foongus and Ferroseed.
- Fletchling before 2 SR (with AJ)

And mons that Offensive Torchic has troubles to deal with :

- Munchlax (Without Low Kick).
- Skrelp and Tentacool (Even if you can play HP Ground but imo it's inferior.)
- Archen and Ponyta (without Rock Slide)
- Fletchling

We can see that even if it's not perfect, Torchic and Carvanha have a really good offensive synergy. Torchic wrecks grass and fairies types + his biggest counter Croagunk. Also he can 2HKOes all the carvanha's counter without any exception. Carvanha breaks Ponyta and Archen if you chose to do not play with Rock Slide (Though RS is probably better than low kick imo.), does like 75% with Munch if RS, and either help you to destroy Skrelp with Zbutt, either kill Fltechling after two SR, helping torchic's sweep.

The core need a little support in the form of a Fletch counter and Stealth Rocks. Archen is probably one of the best teammates for the core in the current metagame. Also a trapper such as Diglett (SR, trap Skrelp and Tentacool), Gothita (Trap Skrelp, Tentacool and Fightings) or even Pursuit Cranidos (A really cool set submitted by Amaura, check it in the innovation thread) in order to counter Fletchling + Pursuit and then kill him later with AJ.

Also you can replace Carvanha by a standard SD Corpish but I personally prefer Carvanha, cuz he does not need to set-up, and because the name of Torphish is ugly as fuck.

Corphish @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off / Superpower
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

I hope that was interesting and that you will all use offensive torchic cuz it's a little chicken and it's cute. :]

(+ credits to Nopie and Darthvader317 for the lovely Torchic sprite.)

Last edited:

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Torvanha

+

Carvanha @ Life Orb
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 40 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Aqua Jet / Zen Headbutt
- Protect

Torchic @ Life Orb
EVs: 40 Atk / 200 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA
- Substitute
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Rock Slide / Low Kick

The core can, at the first view, looks very strange. Probably because Torchic is not used as an offensive task. However, he has a good 70 spatk, coupled with life orb and a powerful Fire Blast. The only thing that make him underrated as an offensive threat is its lack of movepool with only Fire STAB + HP. But he has some interesting coverages move. Torchic has too a really decent atk that will help it to lure some supposed counters. I posted some interesting calcs in the Innovations thread, check it if you want more informations. I just let two calcs in order to show him how powerful is this :

196+ SpA Life Orb Torchic Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo: 16-19 (76.1 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
196+ SpA Life Orb Torchic Fire Blast vs. 236 HP / 76+ SpD Eviolite Porygon: 12-16 (46.1 - 61.5%) -- 68.4% chance to 2HKO

So, now I can present the core.
The point of the core is that this is a finisher core for Heavy Offense. Let's see some carvanhas counters and checks.

- Fightings, Croagunk and Mienfoo mostly.
- Fairies, mostly Cottonee
- Grass types such as Foongus and Ferroseed.
- Fletchling before 2 SR (with AJ)

And mons that Offensive Torchic has troubles to deal with :

- Munchlax (Without Low Kick).
- Skrelp and Tentacool (Even if you can play HP Ground but imo it's inferior.)
- Archen and Ponyta (without Rock Slide)
- Fletchling

We can see that even if it's not perfect, Torchic and Carvanha have a really good offensive synergy. Torchic wrecks grass and fairies types + his biggest counter Croagunk. Also he can 2HKOes all the carvanha's counter without any exception. Carvanha breaks Ponyta and Archen if you chose to do not play with Rock Slide (Though RS is probably better than low kick imo.), does like 75% with Munch if RS, and either help you to destroy Skrelp with Zbutt, either kill Fltechling after two SR, helping torchic's sweep.

The core need a little support in the form of a Fletch counter and Stealth Rocks. Archen is probably one of the best teammates for the core in the current metagame. Also a trapper such as Diglett (SR, trap Skrelp and Tentacool), Gothita (Trap Skrelp, Tentacool and Fightings) or even Pursuit Cranidos (A really cool set submitted by Amaura, check it in the innovation thread) in order to counter Fletchling + Pursuit and then kill him later with AJ.

Also you can replace Carvanha by a standard SD Corpish but I personally prefer Carvanha, cuz he does not need to set-up, and because the name of Torphish is ugly as fuck.

Corphish @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off / Superpower
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

I hope that was interesting and that you will all use offensive torchic cuz it's a little chicken and it's cute. :]

(+ credits to Nopie and Darthvader317 for the lovely Torchic sprite.)
Not a bad core. Offensive Torchic sounds like a lot of fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)