Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Hello, first time posting. Not sure if in right thread.

I find that Shedinja can learn Toxic in SS according to Smogon, but I can't find any way for it to actually learn it IN SS. Am I missing something, or is this an overlook?

Sincerely

I find that Shedinja can learn Toxic in SS according to Smogon, but I can't find any way for it to actually learn it IN SS. Am I missing something, or is this an overlook?

Sincerely
Transfer up a Shedinja that knows Toxic, or transfer up a Nincada that knows Toxic and evolve it.

Reactions: pre

Sincerely
Note that Smogondex shows as Learnable every move obtainable by previous generation TM / Tutors / event moves that can very well be discontinued or illegal in the actual cartridge games.

If you want to look at correct movesets for a specific cartridge you're better off looking on Bulbapedia

So, I think I may have discovered a bug?

Sometimes during a wild encounter, the last used pokeball, or x button, will change the displayed pokeball to a different one from the last wild encounter. For example, I caught a wild pokemon with a pokeball, then on the next wild encounter instead of a pokeball next to the x button it was a dive ball, even though I still had regular poke balls in my inventory.

Anyone else notice this or have any explanations?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So, I think I may have discovered a bug?

Sometimes during a wild encounter, the last used pokeball, or x button, will change the displayed pokeball to a different one from the last wild encounter. For example, I caught a wild pokemon with a pokeball, then on the next wild encounter instead of a pokeball next to the x button it was a dive ball, even though I still had regular poke balls in my inventory.

Anyone else notice this or have any explanations?
In your Poke Ball Bag which Ball do you have first? While I'm not sure, I wouldn't be surprised when a battle starts the "Poke Ball shortcut" defaults to the first kind of Poke Ball in your bag and only after you use a different kind of Ball (and have some of them left) it would change to letting you use that Ball via the shortcut.

In your Poke Ball Bag which Ball do you have first? While I'm not sure, I wouldn't be surprised when a battle starts the "Poke Ball shortcut" defaults to the first kind of Poke Ball in your bag and only after you use a different kind of Ball (and have some of them left) it would change to letting you use that Ball via the shortcut.
Dive Ball is listed first. I know that if you use up all of a particular type of ball it defaults to the 1st one on the list. But I had been using pokeballs. Weird

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Dive Ball is listed first. I know that if you use up all of a particular type of ball it defaults to the 1st one on the list. But I had been using pokeballs. Weird
I think it makes sense if you think that when you're casually playing (and GF usually focuses on the causal side of playing in cases like this) you don't know what you'll encounter so the Poke Ball you used in the last battle may not be the Poke Ball you want to use for the next battle. And if there's a Poke Ball that you want up first on the shortcut all you need to do is just make it the first Poke Ball in your Poke Ball bag.

Need opinions on most desirable 4th egg move for Rillaboom?

I have:
Hammer Arm
Leech Seed
Fake Out

Down to Nature Power, Growth, or Worry Seed?

EDIT: I should add the rillaboom will be used in singles

Last edited:
Need opinions on most desirable 4th egg move for Rillaboom?

I have:
Hammer Arm
Leech Seed
Fake Out

Down to Nature Power, Growth, or Worry Seed?

EDIT: I should add the rillaboom will be used in singles
Honestly they are all useless so pick any you like. Maybe Nature Power for the sake of it.

Moreso, it's not like you'll ever use anything other than knock off + grassy glide + wood hammer anyway. Maybe U-turn sometimes...

I'm not sure if this is best suited to this subforum, or RoA, but what's the strongest Gen 4 (Ubers) team you can build from a single cartridge, not using trades or glitches?

What are the most important differences between the five versions, of DPP and HGSS?

I'll just work on the second question here.

Diamond: probably the worst. Can't really get (glitchless) big legends outside Dialga and giratnia-A, and loses the Uber Salamence to Pearl in exchange for the OU (and screwed over by groudon/kyogre's abilities) Tyranitar.
Pure Ubers:
Dialga, Garchomp, Giratina-A, Wobbufet, Wynaut

listed strategies for gen 4 Ubers:
Azelf, Blissey, Cresselia, froslass, heatran, heracross, infernape, kabutops, lucario, magneton, magnezone, mamoswine, ninjask, quagsire, qwilfish, skarmory, tentacruel, uxie

not technically a trade or glitch, but requires outside influence:
Darkrai (event)
forretress (emerald in cartridge slot)
ludicolo (sapphire in cartridge slot)
shiftry (ruby in cartridge slot)
mew (event)
deoxys (event)
arceus (event)
manaphy (event)
gengar (any gen 3 game in cartidge slot)

Pearl: marginally better than Diamond, but still massively outclassed by Platinum
Pure Ubers:
palkia, Garchomp, Giratina-A, Wobbufet, Wynaut, salamence

Azelf, Blissey, Cresselia, froslass, heatran, heracross, infernape, kabutops, lucario, magneton, magnezone, mamoswine, ninjask, quagsire, qwilfish, skarmory, tentacruel, uxie

Darkrai (event)
mew (event)
deoxys (event)
arceus (event)
manaphy (event)
Platinum: Massively ahead of the other sinnoh games. Both dialga and Palkia, the other formes for Rotom and Giratina, and more move tutors. Glitchless DP have absolutely nothing on it.
Pure Ubers:
Dialga, palkia, Garchomp, Giratina(both), Wobbufet, Wynaut, salamence

Darkrai (event)
shaymin-Sky (event)
registeel (requires event regigigas)
mew (event)
deoxys (event)
arceus (event)
manaphy (event)
Heartgold: Not having the sinnoh legendaries is a noticeable hit, but it's your only way to get Kyogre. Hope you know your way around the Safari Zone. Relevant to me personally, it is the only gen 4 game where you cannot catch skarmory.
pure Ubers: Ho-oh, Lugia, Mewtwo, kyogre, garchomp. wynaut, wobbuffet

listed strategies in Ubers:
Blissey, forretress, heracross, magneton, magnezone, latias, lucario, ludicolo, mamoswine, quagsire, ninjask, qwilfish, shiftry, tentacruel

technicalities:
froslass (pokewalker)
jirachi (event)
mew(event)
shaymin-Sky(event)
deoxys (event)
latios (event)

SoulSilver: Not having the sinnoh legendaries is a noticeable hit, but it's your only way to get Groudon. Hope you know your way around the Safari Zone.
pure Ubers: Ho-oh, Lugia, Mewtwo, Groudon, Latios, garchomp. wynaut, wobbuffet

Blissey, forretress, heracross, magneton, magnezone, skarmory, lucario, ludicolo, mamoswine, quagsire, ninjask, qwilfish, shiftry, tentacruel

technicalities:
froslass (pokewalker)
jirachi (event)
mew(event)
shaymin-Sky(event)
deoxys (event)
latias (event)

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'm not sure if this is best suited to this subforum, or RoA, but what's the strongest Gen 4 (Ubers) team you can build from a single cartridge, not using trades or glitches?

What are the most important differences between the five versions, of DPP and HGSS?
Merged with the Simple Questions thread, as I don't see how the question could be answered more thoroughly than what Ironmage already did. With little room for further discussion, we might as well keep it in here.

I'll just work on the second question here.

Diamond: probably the worst. Can't really get (glitchless) big legends outside Dialga and giratnia-A, and loses the Uber Salamence to Pearl in exchange for the OU (and screwed over by groudon/kyogre's abilities) Tyranitar.
Pure Ubers:
Dialga, Garchomp, Giratina-A, Wobbufet, Wynaut

Darkrai (event)
mew (event)
deoxys (event)
arceus (event)
manaphy (event)

Pearl: marginally better than Diamond, but still massively outclassed by Platinum
Pure Ubers:
palkia, Garchomp, Giratina-A, Wobbufet, Wynaut, salamence

Darkrai (event)
mew (event)
deoxys (event)
arceus (event)
manaphy (event)
Platinum: Massively ahead of the other sinnoh games. Both dialga and Palkia, the other formes for Rotom and Giratina, and more move tutors. Glitchless DP have absolutely nothing on it.
Pure Ubers:
Dialga, palkia, Garchomp, Giratina(both), Wobbufet, Wynaut, salamence

Darkrai (event)
shaymin-Sky (event)
registeel (requires event regigigas)
mew (event)
deoxys (event)
arceus (event)
manaphy (event)
Heartgold: Not having the sinnoh legendaries is a noticeable hit, but it's your only way to get Kyogre. Hope you know your way around the Safari Zone. Relevant to me personally, it is the only gen 4 game where you cannot catch skarmory.
pure Ubers: Ho-oh, Lugia, Mewtwo, kyogre, garchomp. wynaut, wobbuffet

Blissey, forretress, heracross, magneton, magnezone, latias, lucario, ludicolo, mamoswine, quagsire, ninjask, qwilfish, shiftry, tentacruel

technicalities:
froslass (pokewalker)
jirachi (event)
mew(event)
shaymin-Sky(event)
deoxys (event)
latios (event)

SoulSilver: Not having the sinnoh legendaries is a noticeable hit, but it's your only way to get Groudon. Hope you know your way around the Safari Zone.
pure Ubers: Ho-oh, Lugia, Mewtwo, Groudon, Latios, garchomp. wynaut, wobbuffet

Blissey, forretress, heracross, magneton, magnezone, skarmory, lucario, ludicolo, mamoswine, quagsire, ninjask, qwilfish, shiftry, tentacruel

technicalities:
froslass (pokewalker)
jirachi (event)
mew(event)
shaymin-Sky(event)
deoxys (event)
latias (event)
So either Platinum or SoulSilver, then?

Merged with the Simple Questions thread, as I don't see how the question could be answered more thoroughly than what Ironmage already did. With little room for further discussion, we might as well keep it in here.
Thank you!

It's really weird, because I've always assumed a site like Serebii would have a list of these kind of moves, but they don't seem to, and I don't know how many there are or what Pokemon have them, except Dugtrio getting Tri Attack in Crystal. I was wondering if anyone else had either a list, specifically, of these moves, or just a list of moves each Pokemon is capable of knowing in Gen 1

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
It's really weird, because I've always assumed a site like Serebii would have a list of these kind of moves, but they don't seem to, and I don't know how many there are or what Pokemon have them, except Dugtrio getting Tri Attack in Crystal. I was wondering if anyone else had either a list, specifically, of these moves, or just a list of moves each Pokemon is capable of knowing in Gen 1
Merged into SQSA to keep the forum tidy.

Does anyone know the level 60 stats for the Ore Colosseum opponents? I cannot figure out the article on the main website for the life of me, none of the numbers add up on Showdown.

Anyone here who knows how I can make Shadow Voltorb respond in Pokemon XD? The Mirror Radar never response unless I defeat another shadow Pokemon while everytime I see Mirror B, he hasn't used the Voltorb since.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Anyone here who knows how I can make Shadow Voltorb respond in Pokemon XD? The Mirror Radar never response unless I defeat another shadow Pokemon while everytime I see Mirror B, he hasn't used the Voltorb since.
It’s a dissatisfying answer, but the Miror Radar just triggers by number of steps. If you want the Miror Radar to trigger ASAP, just walk around a lot.

Voltorb has as much chance to be on Miror B’s team as any other uncaught shadow Pokémon. It can be a hassle working through the backlog until Voltorb appears.

It’s a dissatisfying answer, but the Miror Radar just triggers by number of steps. If you want the Miror Radar to trigger ASAP, just walk around a lot.

Voltorb has as much chance to be on Miror B’s team as any other uncaught shadow Pokémon. It can be a hassle working through the backlog until Voltorb appears.
Are you certain? I don't know how many steps I took, but by the amount of time I played I would have met Mirror B at least 3 times.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Are you certain? I don't know how many steps I took, but by the amount of time I played I would have met Mirror B at least 3 times.
Yes I’m certain. I’ve played the Orre games more than any other and there have been many instances where I’ve fought Miror B., left to continue with the story, and the Miror Radar triggers again immediately without me doing anything to trigger it besides walking.

I’m actually currently doing a playthrough where I used Electrode for a while — I’ve been trying to use the worst Pokémon available at all times (that I haven’t used before) and Electrode became too good for my team, though. I caught Voltorb pretty much instantly, but I’ve caught every Pokémon in the first battle (besides Nosepass / Zangoose for obvious reasons) which makes Voltorb an easier spawn on Miror B.’s team.

Matleo

Banned deucer.
what amount of all pokemon abilities do we have?

How many in amount and % have a statsus rising , status reducing aspect?
How many are form changes?
How many are type based?
How many could be called a offensive role and how many a offensive role?
What types got the best abilities?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
what amount of all pokemon abilities do we have?

How many in amount and % have a statsus rising , status reducing aspect?
How many are form changes?
How many are type based?
How many could be called a offensive role and how many a offensive role?
What types got the best abilities?

Here's Bulbapedia's page on Abilities, do your own research. There's a difference between the information just not being out there and the information being widely available but you don't want to do the work. Don't be lazy.

But to answer some of your questions:

How many in amount and % have a statsus rising/status reducing aspect? For that one you can check out Bulbapedia's Stat Modifier page.
How many are form changes? Bulbapedia's Form Difference page may be helpful here.
How many are type based? For that one you may want to go each Type's individual Bulbapedia page, they list Abilities associated with the Type underneath the Moves.
What types got the best abilities? That's subjective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)