Tournament OMPL VII - Week 7

DEG

we tangle endlessly
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
"Sad" doesn't begin to describe this seventh edition of OMPL for me, this tournament rewards only bad shitposters that cannot post dank memes nor can play to save their lives. This is my last goodbye, because I will no longer be stuck in this cage this is called OM tournament scene that rots you from the core from the first day you step inside. These walls are tainted with uncompetitive metagames like Balanced Hackmons like my teammate, Finchinator, said, and a sad excuse of a metagame in Mix and Mega which tries to be competitive but fails to live up the hype. I was heartbroken from the morning of the draft as my co-manager, power, made me worried all day telling me that I need to stay up till 3 AM to draft players for this tournament because he apparently couldn't assist due to vacation. I slept all day, started preparing coffee and food for the night, for him to tell me at 2 AM after all this pain that he could make it, this is UNACCEPTABLE and was the start of this shitty experience that I had. Looking back, our draft was SUPERIOR, our preparations were SUPERIOR, we spent all hours before the week preparing for out opponents to lose to the joke teams of the tournament. I believe that we only lost this tournament due to luck, a bunch of percentages stacked up between games that forced us to lose. A bunch of moves used, a bunch of Pokemon going in and out a lot of times, talk about luck and coin flips.

All this scene was nothing compared to the tyranny I have suffered while using my FREEDOM of posting in the commencement thread with my loved partner ScarfWynaut. As dank memes expert we would have loved to train young people to become a very important asset of the community, of the society instead of just being a little sheep liking other people posts cause they cannot make memes. We have offered a simple, free service that would raise the bar when it comes to meme posting. But we were shocked to know that the leader (wrong word, tyrant) The Immortal sabotaged our resources. Now I know why this community is rotten, you all are nothing but people that came out of a seed the leader planted on a poisonous soil, you were never meant to be free, never meant to post memes, never meant to enjoy memes. We, SW and I, came to save you but you rallied against us to support your leader. Nothing but melancholy fills my heart, this heart that always was born to give and love others, this heart that always cared about communities and societies. I do not feel regret, no, I was happy that I tried to help you be free, but at the same time, I feel sad for you. It's still not too late to follow my lead and post memes. I am not going to forget people that stood by our side, we have amazing fans like Racool and GL Volkner that wanted to be free and loved every single time we encouraged upcoming memeist like Catalystic and for that we could offer you free meme sessions!

Apart from memes, like I said this will be my final goodbye, I'm going to break free out of this vicious circle, I will now be accepting the harshest reality we all sramble to explain away, that none of the countless straining ourselves through here will ever amount to one single shining glimmer of significance. I am sorry if I have hurt you but I cannot live with this degenerative disease that grows stronger over time but stops short of killing its host. OMPL used to have a competitive spirit at their heart, this has been transplanted and replaced with an artificial organ that doesn't, and will never pulse natural life again. I will be here for you if you wish to escape this joyful lie and face the harsh reality, but I will not force you, it is only an offer that you may accept or reject. I walk alone on the path of justice, there's plenty of room, we can recreate an OMPL from scratch, we can give it life again, all we have to do is believe in freedom.

Edit: I do not associate myself with these 1v1 uncultured swine below.

Last edited:

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Well with the Klinks confirmed to move off to playoffs, we lost our final shot to push forward as well which is quite unfortunate....

Some music to listen to cause this is a long one:

First, I would like to thank The Immortal for finally giving me a chance to manage an OMPL tournament team as it has been my long time desire to do so for quite a while. I had an amazing experience being able to manage other players and just generally enjoyed the experience despite some minor drama that occurred midway throughout the tournament. While I am at it, I would also like to take time to thank the other hosts in E4 Flint and Snaquaza for aiding in managing things and making the whole tournament run quite smoothly for the most part.

Next its time to thank some of my fellow high tax-bracket frens :>

regirock

I am glad that I had chosen you as my co-manager as you helped me throughout the entire tournament process despite me leaving for vacation twice and not being well informed on the commands for the drafts and stuff lol. You provided great moral support every week for our team members and was always on time to provide replays, teams, and just general good advice to aid the mags each and every week which is what any manager can ask for. I know many questioned you as a manager due to your recent comeback after a long hiatus, but I think you have proven to me and the rest of the mags that you were dedicated throughout this entire OMPL to push for our success which I am truly grateful for :>

xavgb

The MnM teambuilding lord himself stratch. I was really worried you were not gonna sign up this upcoming ompl and was relieved when I finally saw your signup post cause I knew I had to get you right away. Not only were you self-sufficient in building and playing well in MnM, but you also provided great support in various other metas which really helped us a lot. I am glad I invested in getting you and really do hope that you continue to sign up for more team tours cause your honestly a goat, dustin lookin ass ;)

Sylveon.

Long time OM fren and fellow AAA council member, I also knew that I had to pick you up as well. Was actually surprised that I was able to nab both you and stresh which made me really happy and I think the investment in both of you payed off in spades. You were great in your own tier and also helped us a lot in STAB, MnM, and even BH at times which was really truly awesome. I know tournament nerves can get to you at times, but just to know that despite a maybe less then desired record this year, I still feel your a top tier OM player and am glad I was able to manage you this year.

Megazard

Honestly shocked we got you for as low as we did, even though your signup post said that anyone who picked you shouldn't expect much and that you needed help building and stuff, I still felt that you showed your worth in not only AG, but other metas like ZU in a pinch which helped us out a lot. I feel your general knowledge in the game just helped us out a lot in commentating on teams even in tiers where you might not be as welled versed in which was really useful. Still feel that you got robbed in some games due to hax but again, was really happy to get you on our team as well.

Cam

Man I feel really bad for you man cause I know you are a great player and the hax in the last few weeks especially was really tragic :< Despite this, you were a great support and was really open to some of my crazy ideas in STAB which is always fun to have. I know the tilt got to you at times which I totally understand, but I hope that you don't undermine yourself as a player because of this past OMPL cause I still feel you are dope and fire as a player in a lot of tiers.

LPY

Got close to you after ZU started taking off and am glad I got you on our team since you were my first pick in the tierslot. You were generally a nice person and very open to teambuild with despite your out of the box ideas (which admittedly worked most of the time). I had a great time working with you and again I hope you are able to face your nerves cause I think with a bit more self-confidence you can really shine as a player.

PinkDragonTamer

A funny dude and a great BH player despite many other players of the tier doubting you. I generally enjoyed your teambuilding ideas and I felt this tournament showcased your knowledge in the tier and proficiency as a player. Again, was shocked to see you go for so low and am glad I got such a .underpay pick that put in so much work.

cromagnet42

Was so relieved that I was able to strengthen my AG core by picking you alongside MZ as this is obviously the tier that I am the least knowledgeable in. You were really able to build on your own and pulled off a great performance by doing so. I wish I could have made you played a bit more since I really think you are a great AG player but ye thanks for knowing / playing such a wacky tier :>

SuperSkylake

Another low priced pick that a lot of people doubted upon, I am glad we finally decided to pick you since your teambuilding advice in BH really helped us in the longrun. Keep up your great performance and I hope you sign up for future OMPL.

Gmansour20

Best Cheerleader hands down and such a nice user (this can't be stated enough), I am really sorry you were not able to play this OMPL but your support in MnM and even some other tiers at times really cannot be understated and I am grateful for that. Keep being you!

Marsopa Trump & Test Rex

Tbh I was really not familiar with you before coming into this tournament but I trusted Regirock's insight when the draft was occurring and I must say that despite the extremely out of the box ideas, they did pull through when they needed to and I am glad you got to demonstrate your creativity throughout the games you played.

Now some other shoutouts I would like to make for the less fortunate:

GL Volkner: My gr8 fren on this site and dope ass BH player. I keep saying that you gotta stop doubting yourself and I felt this tournament showcases yet again your knowledge / proficiency in the tier. Sorry for the comments I made in the game versus us, but ye your good so stop doubting youself.

Pigeons: Despite ROBBING our slot for playoffs, glad the team with the best name made it through and am thankful for the help you were able to provide us in certain weeks. You better win this shit now though or imma riot.

aesf: Man you have been on fire this OMPL and I really hope that you go for a higher price next OMPL cause man talk about an .underpay for reals. Thanks for testing with me and stuff and hope you have more success throughout rest of the tour!

power: Despite the sylv vs. lax situation that occurred, was glad we were able to resolve that peacefully and wish the MegaRays success as well. Your a dope manager despite what the critics say.

Just gonna tag the rest of everyone else cause my hands hurt now (and I want more likes)
Chloe Ransei Willdbeast Andyboy Catalystic motherlove Jrdn a fruitshop owner Racool

Really sucks to have our run end so early despite our early dominance, I must say that hax was really not in our favor in certain games in the later rounds and I really felt that we were robbed a playoffs slot because of this but you really can't complain about that much cause it's mons so I will just relish on the overall experience I had, which was really positive. Just wanna say lol to all the people saying that our BH was weak and a big middle finger to all our haters, bitches stay mad since our shoes cost more then their rent.

Well it seems the Bedroom Blisseys miss another playoffs. I want to start by thanking all the other managers (Jrdn TheCoastsOfToast drampa's grandpa OM room Funbot28 regirock Mark_K Anaconja Chloe Pigeons power DEG Ransei snow) for making this year's OMPL so competitive that all the teams had a chance of qualifying for playoffs on the last week. The fresh blood of managers have made it challenging yet satisfying at the same time. :)

Onto my team. I roughly had a similar plan to what happened in the auction. MAMP for BH and ITH for STABmons were two picks I were getting without a doubt. AAA was tough because Sylveon. had wavy activity (and we saw, he missed several weeks), Racool wasn't looking so hot at the time because of rust, so realistically the options were Sabella, aesf, and Ham. When Ham was available for what seemed like good value early on, we drafted him. If geerat was nommed before, we might have went for him since he was cheaper than my expectations prior to the draft. I asked ITH if we should get Andy to form a strong MnM core and he thought it was a great idea so we went for it. Catalystic was another option I was looking at before the draft. ZU and AG had a lot of options so I didn't have clear picks but a couple of good names shortlisted. The plan was, and as you saw it transpired, to spend all the money on the OM slots and then use whatever is left for AG and ZU. Sitonai was one of the names on the shortlist. And asking around during the draft, bacon and DJ were some of the better options left. I made sure none of my players had foreseen inactivity as I wasn't saving money for subs, and pretty much everyone was available every week so we had no issue there. Havens was my last pick per recommendation from ITH.

Willdbeast I had made my mind up last year that you would be a good co-manager. You did a great job my friend. You were very active and brought some positive vibes to our Discord. You supported Mamp as much as you could and even tried to chip in other tiers. You were always ready to discuss managerial stuff and sort out any issues on the team. Glad to have you and I hope we can do this again!

MAMP I knew going into the draft you were the best BH pick. Your record doesn't justify how good you are. At least two of your losses should have been wins but despite that you still have one of the better records in BH. Thank you for playing for me and putting forth (what I hope was) your best effort every week. Although we didn't really work together because Will was your support, you were active and friendly on the Discord. Don't leave OM/Smogon/Pokemon any time soon because I appreciate your contributions and even your criticisms.

Sitonai Hi weeb. Unfortunately you didn't get a win (because hax?) but you were one of the most active people. You were ready to churn out AG sets every week whether you were playing or not. And you spread some love across our channels. Sorry I didn't play you this week. I wish you luck in future tournaments and hope to see you again. PLEW PLEW!

Andyboy Creator of the plew plew. Everyone had high expectations for you going into OMPL. Unfortunately, your record didn't end positive but I hope it doesn't demotivate you. If you keep at it, I'm sure you'll bounce back in the next tour. You weren't too active across our Discord, apart from some weeb discussion early on, but I know you did your best every week trying to get us the W. Continue participating in different OMs; I appreciate your contribution and I think that experience will only help you as you'll get some unique ideas to bring into MnM sets. Also, it was good that we got a chance to connect. :)

BaconEatinAssassin We never really interacted much. I think we had a test game or two (could be wrong but I definitely had some with Sitonai). I received a lot of positive opinions on you from AG members, which is why I wanted to start you more often. You didn't do badly in the slightest and had some unfortunate hax. Hope to see around.

Hamhamhamham Sadly we didn't have a good AAA run (FOR YET ANOTHER YEAR AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA) but I take some blame for not knowing you'd be busy because of other Smogon tours. Despite the losses, it was fun battling with you and I hope I was of some help. Please continue taking part in OM tours and I wish you luck in the OM Championship later this year. Maybe we'll get a chance team up again in the future. Until then, HAMSLAM!

Dj Breloominati♬ When we teamed up in WCOOM, I saw how enthusiastic you were to play and your recent performances in ZU made you a surefire starter. Although you only ended up going 3-3, I hope it showed some of the haters that you're no joke. You tried to support others as well but unfortunately your timezone didn't gel well with the team. See you around in future OM tours.

Havens Our trusty sub. You are very underrated and I'm glad you got to play and win a ZU game for us. Unfortunately the STAB game didn't go as I'd hoped but I think if you had more experience, it could have been a different story. You were always looking to help DJ every week in ZU and I appreciate that. If I could do it again, I would still take you as my (only) sub. Hope you stick around in OMs and I wish you luck in Mono or wherever it is you go.

In The Hills I saved the best for last. Everyone put in work, no doubt, but I feel that you gave a little more to the team from the draft till the end. You were very active, built cool STABmons teams every week, tested them as much as possible, and even supported Andy. You did your best every week for us and that's all I can ask for. You also showed everyone that you deserve to be mentioned as a formidable STABmons player. You were a positive presence (for the most part) and it was fun teaming with you and making you rage with my amazing plays. I wish we can do this again in the future. Keep up what you're doing for various OMs. :heart:

Congrats to the teams that are heading to the playoffs. Good luck and show us some exciting games!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)