Tournament OMPL VII - Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Calling activity for Sylveon. with his match vs lax.

Lax did not show up for the 2 hour time frame both players agreed to setup for today, where our player had waited then entire 2 hours where his opponent had not appeared to be online. I had also contacted both managers making them aware of the situation, and they too had not seen any activity from lax. Unfortunately, sylveon had a strict schedule and could not extend beyond the time agreed by both players and could not reschedule any other time to play, thus leading us to call for activity.

The Immortal E4 Flint Snaquaza DEG power
I don't know how a guy can go from saying the weekend works to suddenly having a strict schedule come the very start of the weekend, especially when he was literally on PS today...

I don't think this attempt at fishing should be rewarded with activity. We tried to substitute and reschedule, but they have had their sights set entirely on an activity win from the moment Lax was not on initially, despite initially showing signs of prolonged weekend activity and logging onto PS since then. This should be a situation where we are forced to meet their player with Lax or a substitute at whatever time is convenient for them as they now have leverage given that we missed the initial time, not a situation where they get an activity win on the spot given the information at hand.

I fully expect this decision to be made with proper consideration to what I mentioned and precedent.

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
Hi, so it might seem ironic I am posting here, but i recently visited my discord in which I saw claims of phishing being made, so here I am literally sitting in a nearby restaurant typing this shit.
Thing is if we wanted to phish our opponent, I wouldnt have waited every second of the 2 hour period online right on ps in a good wifi, searching lax every 15 minutes, asking my managers to contact sed/deg. They even contacted them promptly, only to receive no urgency at all. While I get that real life happens, but primarily please in future try to respect other people's time, before accusing baselessly. An if you don't, again at the very least dont expect the other side to make compromises. While I specifically asked for weekends, which for first of all I WASNT CONTRADICTED OF, so stop saying shit like i johned to weekends. If my opponent had a problem they could have easily told me so. After wards the whole point of setting a 2 hour time frame is so that at the very least you guys get a chance to let the other team know, so I can schedule for future accordingly instead of wasting 2 hours for no reason at all. This isnt scheduling for 5 pm and me leaving at 5:15 and whoring out activity call, this started at 10:30 pm and extended to 12:30am. As I said it might be ironic I am taking time out for this shit, and I hate it myself, but stop making baseless claims. If I am taking out 2 hours of a weekend for a single game, it isn't far reaching to assume that I might allot my shit to the other day, as I said real life happens.

And possibly the main fact which is being ignored :
I showed up responsibly for the time frame, and the opponent did not show. After the managers were contacted, no sub was put in.

got to get these flip predicts out before the feds ban me
https://coinflip.com/
Velvet Blood vs Skarph
Sabella vs Racool
Quantum Tesseract vs Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request)
Eien vs SectoniaServant
Thimo vs w0rd
DurzaOffTopic vs EviGaro
this is probably best thing of this week. the coin knew we'd get the 6-0.

Coinflip.com is now the best predictor of OMPL matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)