Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon
Authorized by Ransei
no art

Other Metagames Farm League III

Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Playoffs | Finals
Information thread
There are 6 teams this year. Each team will have have 8 players and at least 2 subs. The players are bought using the 100k credits that managers receive during the auction. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 5 of the 8 matches that their players have to play.

The tier lineup this year is as follows:

1. SS Almost Any Ability
  2. SS Balanced Hackmons
  3. SS Godly Gift
  4. SS Mix and Mega
  5. SS NFE
  6. SS STABmons
  7. SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5)
  8. SS Anything Goes
All games will be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server or SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. The result between players may be decided in a best-of-one or best-of-three at the discretion of both players involved. If there is no agreement, the result will decided in a Bo1 by default.

Winning a round rewards a team with 2 points, drawing 1 point, and losing zero points. In addition, the manner in which the round has been won will also be recorded i.e. the difference between a team's wins and losses in a specific week's round (referred to as "Win Differential").

Playoffs:
Each team will play a different team each week for 5 weeks. Based on the final standings, the top 4 teams will enter a Playoffs Round to determine the teams appearing in the finals.

Tiebreaker

In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).

Tiebreaker Rules: One metagame will be picked by each manager, and each manager will also pick one metagame to strike. Additionally, each manager will submit a backup meta to strike in case their choice is the same as the opposing team's pick. The third format will be determined at random by the hosts from the remaining unpicked, unstruck metagames. In the event that the picks and strikes from each manager are the same, the hosts will determine both the second and third format at random based on the remaining options. All three metagames must be unique, so no format can be picked twice.

Substitutes

Substitutes are to be used in the case of extenuating circumstances, whether on the first day of the week, or the last. At the same time, players should be relatively well-aware of who all are available to play in the opponent's camp. If last minute substitutes are being frequently used or abused and the hosts find explanations unsatisfactory, the hosts still reserve the right to veto them. In order to further prevent this being the case teams are only granted a maximum of two substitutes per week. Any substitutions after the second will be vetoed.

Trades
There will be a 1 week period immediately after the draft where trades are Allowed.

Scheduling

Scheduling should be done on Smogon Profile walls, plain and simple:
  • If there is no communication on Smogon Profile walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: Post on your opponent's Smogon wall, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you can't play for any reason, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.

Use these posts as a place to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well (or bo5 vs bo7 for 2v2)!

Sportsmanship

Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to the Other Metagame Farm League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMFL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.

All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to an activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the OM Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMFL with) to avoid confusion and all match replays must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.

Substitutions & Lineups

Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and all of the hosts (Amberr, DuckeryDoodle). This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out for ease of transcription, following these guidelines exactly.

Matchups

:snom: The Snomrades (Eggs) - [1][6] - The Goblin-Sighting-Giratina's (pannuracotta and Fc) :giratina:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Despacito87 vs lancert
SS Almost Any Ability: Don Vascus vs Nultiprise
SS Anything Goes: Tranquility vs Scholar
SS Balanced Hackmons: SlightlyAngryKevin vs Jqlove
SS Godly Gift: Wes8888 vs Pigeons
SS Mix and Mega: UT vs Osake
SS NFE: Nighstar o3o vs AM
SS STABmons: PociekMociek vs cy

:barraskewda: The Ballin' Barraskewda's (ItsChew. and TTTech) - [5][2] - The Distinguished Donphan's (Reece) :donphan:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Hugo47850 vs Morgan
SS Almost Any Ability: abriel vs jonas
SS Anything Goes: 80 yrs vs Icemaster
SS Balanced Hackmons: Tanny89k vs swag god
SS Godly Gift: cscl vs Heika
SS Mix and Mega: Shing'n Streets[/USER] @Clastia vs DerpyBoi
SS NFE: DuGuo Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ vs IBM
SS STABmons: CelienneileC vs drampa's grandpa

:torracat: The Doja Torracats (beauts and Byleth) vs - [6][2] - vs The Dubwool Entendres (Quantum Tesseract) :dubwool:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): RobDog747 vs Sanshokuinsumireko
SS Almost Any Ability: adem vs Heracross2.0
SS Anything Goes: Swastik vs GotCookies
SS Balanced Hackmons: Dragonillis vs XxSevagxX
SS Godly Gift: TylerTheMilotic[/USER] vs willdbeast
SS Mix and Mega: dex vs Daylight
SS NFE: Fraise vs 5Dots
SS STABmons: hidden vs Shady Icy

Deadline:
10:00 PM (GMT -4) on May 22th, 2022

Last edited:
smh, when it's been a day an no predicts yet >:(

BH Predicts:
SlightlyAngryKevin vs Jqlove

This is a tough one, and a really close match up. Both these players can build solid teams, and play well too. However, Jqlove does have more experience so I think this might give him the edge in this match up.

Tanny89k vs swag god

Tanny89k has been playing pretty well throughout this tour, and the TTTech support has shown to get good results. So, I'm going with Tanny for this match up.

Osake

Hasta Siempre
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
WOOOOO PREDICTS

:barraskewda: The Ballin' Barraskewda's (ItsChew. and TTTech) - [3][5] - The Distinguished Donphan's (Reece) :donphan:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Hugo47850 vs Morgan team horse down but morgan up
SS Almost Any Ability: abriel vs jonas abriel is quite good and I haven't been convinced by jonas
SS Anything Goes: 80 yrs vs Icemaster mastering ice is quite a rare skill actually, and getting freeze when you want is huge...
SS Balanced Hackmons: Tanny89k vs swag god not been convinced by Tanny so idk
SS Godly Gift: cscl vs Heika if this doesn't end up in double sub, Heika is quite good since the beginning
SS Mix and Mega: Shing'n Streets vs DerpyBoi why is there an OMPL game here
SS NFE: DuGuo vs IBM Morgan up but IBM down
SS STABmons: CelienneileC vs drampa's grandpa despite his rough start I think he's still a decent STAB player and should win here

:torracat: The Doja Torracats (beauts and Byleth) (beauts is unviable btw) vs - [5][3] - vs The Dubwool Entendres (Quantum Tesseract) :dubwool:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): RobDog747 vs Sanshokuinsumireko
SS Almost Any Ability: adem vs Heracross2.0 adem will bring Genesect and win
SS Anything Goes: Swastik vs GotCookies better player
SS Balanced Hackmons: Dragonillis vs XxSevagxX unless beat up king's rock ofc but im sure sevag is bringing inner focus
SS Godly Gift: TylerTheMilotic vs willdbeast BAGUETTE BAGUETTE FOR THE WIN (yes, he's french)
SS Mix and Mega: dex vs Daylight tough and interesting pairing and I like both players, but I think Daylight is a little better
SS NFE: Fraise vs 5Dots Fraise is good and I hope he'll prove it here :D
SS STABmons: hidden vs Shady Icy if he learns to read & to schedule he should win cuz he's truly an excellent player when he's brain isn't off (95% of the time)

I hope y'all like my pfp btw, you can check my art gallery right here!

TTTech

My fate is a haunted curse!
is a Pre-Contributor
The Snomrades (Eggs) - [2][6] - The Goblin-Sighting-Giratina's (pannuracotta and Fc)
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Despacito87 vs lancert - Lance coming off a win and despa hasn't played in 2v2 since week 1
SS Almost Any Ability: Don Vascus vs Nultiprise - Toss up, but giving slight edge to Don
SS Anything Goes: Tranquility vs Scholar - Beat Swas last week
SS Balanced Hackmons: SlightlyAngryKevin vs Jqlove - Gotta give this to JQ, teams built from the snoms in this slot haven't been great tbh
SS Godly Gift: Wes8888 vs Pigeons - Pigeons
SS Mix and Mega: UT vs Osake - aaa main playing vs one of the best mnm support (pls win UT, Osake never bolds me)
SS NFE: Nighstar o3o vs AM - Another toss up, but slight edge to AM
SS STABmons: PociekMociek vs cy - Has pannu support

The Doja Torracats (beauts and Byleth) vs - [5/6][3/2] - vs The Dubwool Entendres (Quantum Tesseract)
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): RobDog747 vs Sanshokuinsumireko - Was gonna bold Rob, but he alrdy won before I could post this since I was busy yesterday
SS Almost Any Ability: adem vs Heracross2.0 - Hera actually plays aaa
SS Anything Goes: Swastik vs GotCookies - Both coming off a lose, but giving it to Swas
SS Balanced Hackmons: Dragonillis vs XxSevagxX - Best bh match in the tour, gotta give it to sev tho since he hasn't lost a competitive bh match in almost a year
SS Godly Gift: TylerTheMilotic vs willdbeast - Has Byl support
SS Mix and Mega: dex vs Daylight - Has performed better overall imo, but could go either way tbh
SS NFE: Fraise vs 5Dots - Using my 5..... bold card here
SS STABmons: hidden vs Shady Icy - pretty even mu, both have been performing well

Shut up sev! AT LEAST DO A WHOLE PREDICTION LIST

Osake

Hasta Siempre
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Last edited:

Hugo

Rain Main (+1 GMT)
is a Tiering Contributor
won in 4 agianst Morgan (fennel simp)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen82v2doubles-1578339552-6silzl5js7leacgik6quhsihe4fh89kpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen82v2doubles-1578341411-dl746k0bka092fxw0vig62t1f5m1auupw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen82v2doubles-1578342296-i69lwwn1rt98x8o4sl71rm4qs1b3pxzpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen82v2doubles-1578343347-4wsf578h1xame42ol9o5a4j3kc9hqf1pw
While the 2 sleep powder misses where unfort I was fully spdef AV volc in the last game so im not sure how much it wouldve mattered. edit: fully spdef meaning I was a set focused to beat sp atk mons im not 252 hp 252 spdef

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)