Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon
Authorized by Ransei
no art :(

Other Metagames Farm League III

Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Playoffs | Finals
Information thread
There are 6 teams this year. Each team will have have 8 players and at least 2 subs. The players are bought using the 100k credits that managers receive during the auction. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 5 of the 8 matches that their players have to play.

The tier lineup this year is as follows:

1. SS Almost Any Ability
  2. SS Balanced Hackmons
  3. SS Godly Gift
  4. SS Mix and Mega
  5. SS NFE
  6. SS STABmons
  7. SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5)
  8. SS Anything Goes
All games will be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server or SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. The result between players may be decided in a best-of-one or best-of-three at the discretion of both players involved. If there is no agreement, the result will decided in a Bo1 by default.

Winning a round rewards a team with 2 points, drawing 1 point, and losing zero points. In addition, the manner in which the round has been won will also be recorded i.e. the difference between a team's wins and losses in a specific week's round (referred to as "Win Differential").

Playoffs:
Each team will play a different team each week for 5 weeks. Based on the final standings, the top 4 teams will enter a Playoffs Round to determine the teams appearing in the finals.

Tiebreaker

In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).

Tiebreaker Rules: One metagame will be picked by each manager, and each manager will also pick one metagame to strike. Additionally, each manager will submit a backup meta to strike in case their choice is the same as the opposing team's pick. The third format will be determined at random by the hosts from the remaining unpicked, unstruck metagames. In the event that the picks and strikes from each manager are the same, the hosts will determine both the second and third format at random based on the remaining options. All three metagames must be unique, so no format can be picked twice.

Substitutes

Substitutes are to be used in the case of extenuating circumstances, whether on the first day of the week, or the last. At the same time, players should be relatively well-aware of who all are available to play in the opponent's camp. If last minute substitutes are being frequently used or abused and the hosts find explanations unsatisfactory, the hosts still reserve the right to veto them. In order to further prevent this being the case teams are only granted a maximum of two substitutes per week. Any substitutions after the second will be vetoed.

Trades
There will be a 1 week period immediately after the draft where trades are Allowed.

Scheduling

Scheduling should be done on Smogon Profile walls, plain and simple:
  • If there is no communication on Smogon Profile walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: Post on your opponent's Smogon wall, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you can't play for any reason, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.

Use these posts as a place to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well (or bo5 vs bo7 for 2v2)!

Sportsmanship

Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to the Other Metagame Farm League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMFL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.

All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to an activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the OM Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMFL with) to avoid confusion and all match replays must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.

Substitutions & Lineups

Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and all of the hosts (Amberr, DuckeryDoodle). This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out for ease of transcription, following these guidelines exactly.

Matchups

:snom: The Snomrades (Eggs) - [4][3] - The Dubwool Entendres (Quantum Tesseract) :dubwool:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): OM vs Phantomistix
SS Almost Any Ability: martinvtran vs Heracross2.0
SS Anything Goes: PociekMociek vs GotCookies
SS Balanced Hackmons: Nighstar o3o Despacito87 vs XxSevagxX
SS Godly Gift: Wes8888 vs willdbeast
SS Mix and Mega: crow crumbs vs Daylight
SS NFE: WMAR vs 5Dots
SS STABmons: Tranquility vs Shady Icy

:barraskewda: The Ballin' Barraskewda's (@ItsChew.and TTTech) - [3][5] - The Doja Torracats (beauts and Byleth) :torracat:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Hugo47850 vs RobDog747
SS Almost Any Ability: abriel vs Danny
SS Anything Goes: 80 yrs vs Swas
SS Balanced Hackmons: Tanny89k vs Dragonillis
SS Godly Gift: cscl vs TylerTheMilotic
SS Mix and Mega: Clasmia vs dex berry
SS NFE: DuGuo vs Fraise
SS STABmons: Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ vs hidden

:donphan: The Distinguished Donphans (Reece) -[4][4] - The Goblin-Sighting-Giratina's (pannuracotta and Fc) :giratina:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Morgan vs lancert
SS Almost Any Ability: jonas AtraX Madara vs Osake
SS Anything Goes: Icemaster vs Scholar Fluore
SS Balanced Hackmons: swag god vs Jqlove
SS Godly Gift: Heika vs Pigeons
SS Mix and Mega: DerpyBoi vs Nultiprise
SS NFE: IBM vs AM
SS STABmons: drampa's grandpa vs cy

Deadline:
10:00 PM (GMT -4) on May 29th, 2022

Last edited:

TTTech

My fate is a haunted curse!
is a Pre-Contributor
The Snomrades (Eggs) - [3][5] - The Dubwool Entendres (Quantum Tesseract)
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): OM vs Phantomistix - Giving the edge to Phantom
SS Almost Any Ability: martinvtran vs Heracross2.0 - As far as I know, Tran isn't as experienced in aaa as Hera. With aaa being heavily mu dependent as of recently
SS Anything Goes: PociekMociek vs GotCookies - Toss up, but going with Pociek
SS Balanced Hackmons: Nighstar o3o vs XxSevagxX - Easiest match for sev through omfl
SS Godly Gift: Wes8888 vs willdbeast - Beast aint beast at gg, but Wes do be out west
SS Mix and Mega: crow crumbs vs Daylight - Has been performed better overall
SS NFE: WMAR vs 5Dots - I think wmar can take this, but could go either way
SS STABmons: Tranquility vs Shady Icy - More impressed with Shady overall

The Distinguished Donphans (Reece) -[4/3][4/5] - The Goblin-Sighting-Giratina's (pannuracotta and Fc)
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Morgan vs lancert - Close mu, could go either way
SS Almost Any Ability: jonas vs Osake - Unfortunately I gotta bold the aaa try hard (Pls beat him jonas)
SS Anything Goes: Icemaster vs Scholar - Master is a tough opponent
SS Balanced Hackmons: swag god vs Jqlove - Could go either way since swag got robbed by a crit last week, but Jq actually plays bh
SS Godly Gift: Heika vs Pigeons - Pigeons be flying
SS Mix and Mega: DerpyBoi vs Nultiprise - Derp is still one of if not the best mnm player in the pool. I don't see Nulti winning this
SS NFE: IBM vs AM - I honestly have no idea how this one's gonna turn out, but I'd probably say AM
SS STABmons: drampa's grandpa vs cy - Has been performing well, but hasn't brought anything too interesting or out of the ordinary. Still gonna bold em tho (at least cy has pannus undying support saying meow)

Final week for omfl before playoffs and I hope all the players have been having fun at least. Ballers be ballin :barraskewda:

I, as manager of the Distinguished Donphans, must diligently inform you of the substitution of jonas , for the super sub AtraX Madara, a player managed by myself, against Osake of The Goblin-Sighting-Giritinas who are ably managed by Fc and pannuracotta who I am hereby tagging to inform of the imminent substitution of an opposing player in the fifth week of the prestigious Other Metagames Farm League series III , kindly hosted by Amberr and DuckeryDoodle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)