Not open for further replies.

Amberr

Banned deucer.
Authorized by Ransei
no art

Other Metagames Farm League III

Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Playoffs | Finals
Information thread
There are 6 teams this year. Each team will have have 8 players and at least 2 subs. The players are bought using the 100k credits that managers receive during the auction. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 5 of the 8 matches that their players have to play.

The tier lineup this year is as follows:

1. SS Almost Any Ability
  2. SS Balanced Hackmons
  3. SS Godly Gift
  4. SS Mix and Mega
  5. SS NFE
  6. SS STABmons
  7. SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5)
  8. SS Anything Goes
All games will be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server or SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. The result between players may be decided in a best-of-one or best-of-three at the discretion of both players involved. If there is no agreement, the result will decided in a Bo1 by default.

Winning a round rewards a team with 2 points, drawing 1 point, and losing zero points. In addition, the manner in which the round has been won will also be recorded i.e. the difference between a team's wins and losses in a specific week's round (referred to as "Win Differential").

Playoffs:
Each team will play a different team each week for 5 weeks. Based on the final standings, the top 4 teams will enter a Playoffs Round to determine the teams appearing in the finals.

Tiebreaker

In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).

Tiebreaker Rules: One metagame will be picked by each manager, and each manager will also pick one metagame to strike. Additionally, each manager will submit a backup meta to strike in case their choice is the same as the opposing team's pick. The third format will be determined at random by the hosts from the remaining unpicked, unstruck metagames. In the event that the picks and strikes from each manager are the same, the hosts will determine both the second and third format at random based on the remaining options. All three metagames must be unique, so no format can be picked twice.

Substitutes

Substitutes are to be used in the case of extenuating circumstances, whether on the first day of the week, or the last. At the same time, players should be relatively well-aware of who all are available to play in the opponent's camp. If last minute substitutes are being frequently used or abused and the hosts find explanations unsatisfactory, the hosts still reserve the right to veto them. In order to further prevent this being the case teams are only granted a maximum of two substitutes per week. Any substitutions after the second will be vetoed.

Trades
There will be a 1 week period immediately after the draft where trades are Allowed.

Scheduling

Scheduling should be done on Smogon Profile walls, plain and simple:
  • If there is no communication on Smogon Profile walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: Post on your opponent's Smogon wall, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you can't play for any reason, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.

Use these posts as a place to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well (or bo5 vs bo7 for 2v2)!

Sportsmanship

Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to the Other Metagame Farm League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMFL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.

All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to an activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the OM Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMFL with) to avoid confusion and all match replays must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.

Substitutions & Lineups

Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and all of the hosts (Amberr, DuckeryDoodle). This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out for ease of transcription, following these guidelines exactly.

Matchups

:snom: The Snomrades (Eggs) - [3][4] - The Distinguished Donphan's (Reece) :donphan:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): martinvtran vs Frixel
SS Almost Any Ability: PociekMociek vs Ka1xo
SS Anything Goes: UT vs swag god
SS Balanced Hackmons: Nighstar o3o vs AtraX Madara
SS Godly Gift: Wes8888 vs Heika
SS Mix and Mega: crow crumbs vs Aggrometaile
SS NFE: WMAR vs IBM
SS STABmons: SlightlyAngryKevin vs drampa's grandpa

:Giratina: The Goblin-Sighting-Giratina's (pannuracotta and Fc) - [5][1] - The Doja Torracats (beauts and Byleth) :torracat:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): lancert vs Helga146
SS Almost Any Ability: Osake vs Danny
SS Anything Goes: Scholar vs Swastik
SS Balanced Hackmons: Jqlove vs Dragonillis
SS Godly Gift: Pigeons vs dex
SS Mix and Mega: Nultiprise vs adem
SS NFE: Fluore vs Fraise
SS STABmons: cy vs omi

:dubwool: The Dubwool Entendres (Quantum Tesseract) - [0][4] - The Ballin' Barraskewda's (ItsChew. and TTTech) :barraskewda:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Phantomistix vs SiceXV
SS Almost Any Ability: Heracross2.0 vs abriel
SS Anything Goes: GotCookies vs 80 yrs
SS Balanced Hackmons: XxSevagxX vs Tanny89k
SS Godly Gift: willdbeast vs cscl
SS Mix and Mega: Daylight vs Shing'n Streets
SS NFE: 5Dots vs DuGuo
SS STABmons: Shady Icy vs Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂

Deadline:
10:00 PM (GMT -4) on May 15th, 2022

Last edited:
Nighstar o3o vs Morgan
Morgan is the leader of TEAM HORSE in OMPL so they can get some help from their teammates. But Nighstar is a BH mainer.
Jqlove vs Dragonillis
Losing to XxSevagxX will definitely be the only loss Jqlove experiences in this tour. And he beaten Dragonillis in the BHLT.
XxSevagxX vs Tanny89k
If XxSevagxX wins this I get a correct prediction, but if Tanny89k wins this I'll have a great time laughing at XxSevagxX. Either way is good and I prefer the latter case btw.
--------------------------------------
5Dots vs DuGuo
DuGuo is GOAT and he will never lose again (DuGuo paid me 5$ to add this line).

The Snomrades (Eggs) - [0][0] - The Distinguished Donphan's (Reece) :donphan:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): martinvtran vs Frixel
SS Almost Any Ability: PociekMociek vs jonas
SS Anything Goes: Tranquility vs swag god
SS Balanced Hackmons: Nighstar o3o vs Morgan
SS Godly Gift: Wes8888 vs Heika
SS Mix and Mega: crow crumbs vs Aggrometaile
SS NFE: WMAR vs IBM
SS STABmons: SlightlyAngryKevin vs drampa's grandpa

:Giratina: The Goblin-Sighting-Giratina's (pannuracotta and Fc) - [0][0] - The Doja Torracats (beauts and Byleth) :torracat:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): lancert vs Helga146
SS Almost Any Ability: Osake vs Danny
SS Anything Goes: Scholar vs Swastik
SS Balanced Hackmons: Jqlove vs Dragonillis
SS Godly Gift: Pigeons vs dex
SS Mix and Mega: Nultiprise vs adem
SS NFE: Fluore vs Fraise
SS STABmons: cy vs hidden

:dubwool: The Dubwool Entendres (Quantum Tesseract) - [0][0] - The Ballin' Barraskewda's (ItsChew. and TTTech) :barraskewda:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Phantomistix vs SiceXV
SS Almost Any Ability: Heracross2.0 vs abriel
SS Anything Goes: GotCookies vs 80 yrs
SS Balanced Hackmons: XxSevagxX vs Tanny89k
SS Godly Gift: willdbeast vs cscl
SS Mix and Mega: Daylight vs Clasmia
SS STABmons: Shady Icy vs Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂

TTTech

My fate is a haunted curse!
is a Pre-Contributor
The Snomrades (Eggs) - [4][4] - The Distinguished Donphan's (Reece)
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): martinvtran vs Frixel - Frixel sounds cooler, but martin has v tran for vcreate heatran in their name
SS Almost Any Ability: PociekMociek vs jonas - Found out they are with the jonas brothers. Whoops!
SS Anything Goes: Tranquility vs swag god - They're the god of swag
SS Balanced Hackmons: Nighstar o3o vs Morgan - After kevins questionable team from last week, I'm not surprised nightstar is back in the bh slot. Although most of their sets are questionable, they actually play bh
SS Godly Gift: Wes8888 vs Heika - Wes stays out west on 8888th street, he straight thuggin.
SS Mix and Mega: crow crumbs vs Aggrometaile - Aggrom is decent at mnm cuz he whooped me in try outs :<
SS NFE: WMAR vs IBM - War is ready for war
SS STABmons: SlightlyAngryKevin vs drampa's grandpa - Kev has never played stab to my knowledge and grandpa is my dad's father

The Goblin-Sighting-Giratina's (pannuracotta and Fc) - [4/5][4/3] - The Doja Torracats (beauts and Byleth)
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): lancert vs Helga146 - Could lance be the champion from johto region? I think he's in disguise
SS Almost Any Ability: Osake vs Danny - Unfortunately I have to bold this dude because he's good. Pls win danny, I don't wanna bold him :<
SS Anything Goes: Scholar vs Swastik - Has tik as in tiktok (forgive me y'all, I had no other meme)
SS Balanced Hackmons: Jqlove vs Dragonillis - Jq has love in their name, love will prevail over a dragon that's ill
SS Godly Gift: Pigeons vs dex - Pigeons out to attack humans after the lose from last week
SS Mix and Mega: Nultiprise vs adem - Lose a little bit on purpose so I can see beats mald
SS NFE: Fluore vs Fraise - Battle of the F's
SS STABmons: cy vs hidden - Make beats mald pls, it's hilarious

Hope you all enjoyed my Ted Talk <3

Some predicts for y'all so it isn't once again just TTTech

:Giratina: The Goblin-Sighting-Giratina's (pannuracotta and Fc) - [2.5][5.5] - The Doja Torracats (beauts and Byleth) :torracat:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): lancert vs Helga146 - Helga has support from elsewhere which i think gives them an edge here
SS Almost Any Ability: Osake vs Danny - Osake has been on a streak from what I see, very good player imo
SS Anything Goes: Scholar vs Swastik - Coming in off a win, while being a proper AG player
SS Balanced Hackmons: Jqlove vs Dragonillis - Drago has more experience as a bh player so ima give it here
SS Godly Gift: Pigeons vs dex - Bolded Pigeons here since i think they;'re going to bounce back here after last week
SS Mix and Mega: Nultiprise vs adem - Though its a diff format, they're coming off a win with good battling ability
SS NFE: Fluore vs Fraise - Not too sure about this here
SS STABmons: cy vs hidden- Both coming off wins, but i think the support is what bolds hidden here

:dubwool: The Dubwool Entendres (Quantum Tesseract) - [3][5] - The Ballin' Barraskewda's (ItsChew. and TTTech) :barraskewda:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Phantomistix vs SiceXV - Sice coming off a great win for this week so I think the momentum will carry on
SS Almost Any Ability: Heracross2.0 vs abriel - Good AAA mainer, coming off a win last week
SS Anything Goes: GotCookies vs 80 yrs -
SS Balanced Hackmons: XxSevagxX vs Tanny89k - I'm now waiting until the time that Sev loses to something stupid
SS Godly Gift: willdbeast vs cscl - Fellow Kommo-o
SS Mix and Mega: Daylight vs Clasmia - Clas still goated
SS STABmons: Shady Icy vs Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ - Will be an interesting watch with a nice win, though not in this format

Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon
More predictions
:snom: The Snomrades (Eggs) - [3][4] - The Distinguished Donphan's (Reece) :donphan:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): martinvtran vs Frixel - 2v2 Moment
SS Almost Any Ability: PociekMociek vs jonas - Don't really know, leaning jonas
SS Anything Goes: Tranquility vs swag god - Don't really know, leaning swag god
SS Balanced Hackmons: Nighstar o3o vs Morgan - I know that nightstar actually plays BH
SS Godly Gift: Wes8888 vs Heika - ut support>>>
SS Mix and Mega: crow crumbs vs Aggrometaile - Aggro is a really solid MnM player
SS NFE: WMAR vs IBM - wmar is nice
SS STABmons: SlightlyAngryKevin vs drampa's grandpa - I dont think kevin has played STAB before

:Giratina: The Goblin-Sighting-Giratina's (pannuracotta and Fc) - [3][3] - The Doja Torracats (beauts and Byleth) :torracat:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): lancert vs Helga146 - 2v2 Moment
SS Almost Any Ability: Osake vs Danny - Osake is Osake
SS Anything Goes: Scholar vs Swastik - I am going ot keep bolding swastik
SS Balanced Hackmons: Jqlove vs Dragonillis - Not sure
SS Godly Gift: Pigeons vs dex - pigeons had a tough loss last week, but I think they dont lose again
SS Mix and Mega: Nultiprise vs adem - adem will probably get mad if I keep calling them bad
SS NFE: Fluore vs Fraise - Floure is doing well in NFE ssnl
SS STABmons: cy vs hidden - byleth support>>

:dubwool: The Dubwool Entendres (Quantum Tesseract) - [4][3] - The Ballin' Barraskewda's (ItsChew. and TTTech) :barraskewda:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Phantomistix vs SiceXV - 2v2 Moment
SS Almost Any Ability: Heracross2.0 vs abriel - Heracross is a pretty good player
SS Anything Goes: GotCookies vs 80 yrs - Since chew is malding, I am bolding 80 yrs
SS Balanced Hackmons: XxSevagxX vs Tanny89k - I dont see a world where sevag loses
SS Godly Gift: willdbeast vs cscl - will is super nice, but cscl did beat pigeons
SS Mix and Mega: Daylight vs Clasmia - this is going to be a good match, but I feel that clastia is a slightly stronger player
SS NFE: 5Dots vs DuGuo - 5dots has a cool name
SS STABmons: Shady Icy vs Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ - after he beat drampa with a drampa, I have decided that shady is the goat​

Last edited:
I, as manager of the Distinguished Donphans, must diligently inform you of the substitution of Morgan , for AtraX Madara, a player managed by myself, against Nighstar o3o of the The Snomrades who are ably managed by Eggs who I am hereby tagging to inform of the imminent substitution of an opposing player in the third week of the prestigious Other Metagames Farm League series III , kindly hosted by Amberr and DuckeryDoodle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)