Tournament OMFL III - Manager & Player Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Shing'n Streets
Preferred Metas: MnM, NFE Support
Timezone: Gmt+2
Foreseeable Inactivity: Prioritizing other tours, and still have IRL things I've to prioritize like getting a job(;-;) so I may be inconsistent af being online. We can talk about more bout that to make things less messy tho.

Note to the managers:
I signed up mainly to try MnM again(and beat "some" players), and I absolutely refuse to play NFE unless it's needed at the last moment. However, I'm willing to give my 100% support in the NFE slot, even to the point to learn up any new players if they're willing to. I found OMFL a perfect opportunity to experiment and prove to myself personally that I can be a good supporter(feel like I'm overrated af). Just be aware of these stuff and I'll do my work :)

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Drampa's Picks
An OMPL manager's rankings of players in OMFL
The Process:
I was originally going to do some complex S -> C ranking thing but that was a lot of effort and I don't have all the time in the world. So I'm going to list my top picks for each meta.

2v2
Drampa does !pick
I will not be doing 2v2 as my knowledge of that meta and its players is limited in the extreme.

EDIT:
JK buy my co OM he's awesome

AAA
Dragonillis - I'm only going to discuss him in this slot because it's his best, but Dragonillis is the best multi-meta player in this tour. They have made it very far in OMGS in the past, and are quite knowledgeable about at least several of the metagames they signed up for (I don't say all because of my lack of knowledge, not because of any failing on their part). Dragonillis will be both a great in-slot player and excellent support, just make sure you don't burn them out. If Camomons was still in... they'd be in OMPL but whatever.

UT - UT knows what he's doing, and will consistently bring solid, tested teams. He will likely be able to find his own support due to being well-integrated, well-known, and well-liked in the OM community. He's a good player, and may be the best out of this pool. Don't spend 50k on him though. sucks and didn't sign up for AAA for some reason, and instead signed up for two tiers where Talonflame is awful. Go angry react his post https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/omfl-iii-manager-player-signups.3700374/post-9183362

Anything Goes
Icemaster - Icemaster would be by far the best player in this pool if not for one key factor: their availability. The support needed for the weeks they can't play is extremely important to keep in mind when drafting them, and while they're still an incredibly good player who has proven themselves in tournaments time and time again, it keeps them from being S.

Swastik - Another good player. While not quite as well established as Icemaster, they have the rather notable advantage of not being unavailable for 3 weeks. Swastik is one of the only AG mains in this tour who I would consider a tour-quality player.

Zee - Zeefable is definitely a great player. I do not believe they have played consistently throughout the generation, but they are not new to the tier and they are someone I would be looking to pick up as a steal.

Balanced Hackmons
XxSevagxX - A super solid player who came to prominence this generation and as such has a good grasp of the current metagame. While they're not particularly well-versed in any other metas being played you will not need to worry about this slot with Sevag on your team. They are easily the best and most up-to-date player in this pool.

willdbeast - A forgotten relic who doesn't really want to play that much. Will would once have been throwing weird stuff at OMPL starters, but he's made it plain his motivation for this tour is minimum, and he has not kept up with the metagame this generation. He is still a good pick for a Balanced Hackmons slot, with more tour experience than any other BH player in this tour, although I would be sure to pack some support who can both catch him up to speed and play in a pinch.

Godly Gift
Pigeons - Pigeons is known as the master of stall, and not in a nice, friendly, unannoying way. Pigeons. He's capable of building other types of build too, so it's not like he's super exploitable. Pigeons stands out as being one of the best Godly Gift players overall, standing above even most of the OMPL starters. He is also an Anything Goes player with a good reputation (except for the stall thing, did I mention that, that's bad), and although I would not recommend slotting him in there he can certainly support.

cscl - The other main known quantity in this slot. cscl is good. I do not believe that Godly Gift has been their main metagame for long, but it hasn't been on the server for long so... we take it. They have a known brand and teams should keep an eye out for them.

NFE
Good luck ^_^
I think there's some players for this meta?

Mix and Mega
DerpyBoi - Derpy is inarguably one of the best Mix and Mega players in this tour. I don't need to hype him up, the mock prices show it's already known.

omi - omicorio is another top tier Mix and Mega player, this time not quite as highly in demand as Derpy.

Shing N' Streets - Shing N' Streets is an NFE player who wants to play Mix and Mega. They have said they are willing to be a very very comprehensive NFE support slot, but not to actually play NFE, which makes them very valuable as you can either buy a tours player for your NFE slot or just find someone cheap. They are somewhat of a risk, as while I respect their overall playing ability, I do not know how well they will adapt to Mix and Mega. You may wish to draft someone who can support them and help them learn... unless you happen to be the Mix and Mega player on an OMPL championship-bound team, in which case you can probably help them yourself ;)

UT - Why is UT playing Mix and Mega? Go angry his post so he knows I'm bullying him. https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/omfl-iii-manager-player-signups.3700374/post-9183362

STABmons

Shady Icy - I know Shady Icy. They are more experienced than the vast majority of names on this list, and while I don't really have an excellent sense of how good they (or really any of the people who signed up for STABmons) are I doubt they will disappoint. I wish I could be more specific but

Shnowshner - Similar to above this is a name I know, someone I have played against, someone who I may not have tons of experience playing against but someone who I've seen play.

TylerTheMilotic - I remember when Tyler started. I watched them improve in real time, to the point where they were better than me at most parts of the meta. If they've maintained that since I've last seen them (or, horror of horrors, gotten better) they will do very well in this tour.

Drampa's Grandpa -
[17:59:10] +drampa's grandpa: Byleth
[17:59:21] +Byleth: me
[17:59:29] +drampa's grandpa: on a scale of s -> c rate me as an omfl player
[17:59:38] +drampa's grandpa: s being like ompl starter rank
[17:59:42] +drampa's grandpa: so not that
[17:59:51] +Byleth: honest opinion?
[17:59:53] +drampa's grandpa: yes
[18:00:06] +Byleth: somewhere between a and b

I agree with Byleth. Obviously I'm very biased here. I definitely have my strong points; I'm experienced in an OM team tour environment, I have been playing STABmons a long time, I know enough about other OMs to point out obvious problems should they show up. But I'm also not, and never have been, a top tier builder or player. I tend to leave holes in my building, and get impatient while playing. However I believe I can find the support, with or without it being drafted, to be a solid pick in a pool which is lacking in STABmons mains. Also I equip Everstones on Haunters before I trade them.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
ftr if the best someone can say about me is "I have seen them play" that's either gotta be the best player or the worst player you could buy no inbetween
That's the most I can say about a lot of slots. I've seen you play and you didn't suck. That's better than I haven't seen you play, which is still better than I have seen you play and you suck. I would just take this as mostly me not knowing much on this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)