Tournament OM Spotlight League - FINALS (TIEBREAKER) [Won by UwUrshifus]

demanding a sub or calling act or something idk
Trade has show no sign of activity nor have they responded to anaconja scheduling message
in the hills Lasen The Number Man
I am formally requesting to extend the tiebreak deadline to Sunday as per the ruling provided in this post, which states that team tour tiebreaks are now defaulting to lasting the full week. It doesn't explicitly say anything about subforum tours such as this one, but in every other aspect OMs has tried to emulate official tours (see: the reformatting of OM Snake into OMSL following the reformatting of Smogon Snake into SCL), so I see no reason not to do so in this case as well. Furthermore, I personally don't see an issue with OMSL tiebreaker still being up when OMWC signups thread goes up, however I admit that I am not a forum mod so I don't know the background there.

I know this tour didn't run as smoothly as planned, but that is no reason to let it potentially end on such a dissapointing note as FINALS TIEBREAKER (the part of the tour which should be the most hyped and high stakes) being decided by an activity call. I did my part in helping this tour get off the ground by deciding to manage as opposed to playing as I had originally intended to, so please do your part to ensure this tour ends the way tours are supposed to and not on a fucking act call - which would be incredibly lame and really shine a bad spotlight on the OM community.

Let it also be known that having a full week tiebreaker was my wish from the start, but I wanted to avoid being an asshole and insisting. As a manager I should make sure my team has the best chance to win, so I cannot refrain from insisting anymore.

Thanks to in the hills for hosting this tour, I hope it was as enjoyable for you as it was for us participants! I'd also like to thank you, as well as Quantum Tesseract and willdbeast for agreeing to extend the deadline, which i requested since my subs were unavailable so the only other option at the time was taking the act L. I'd also like to apologize for any drama that resulted because of that situation.

To Lasen, the most handsome trophy wife on smogon.com: thanks for assmanning with me and helping out again. We won this time but they also say "3rd time's the charm" so hopefully we win on our third time co-managing as well!

To the Uwus: I'm really proud of you guys, all of you showed that you are top players in your respective metas (despite how funny this may sound as these metas aren't really widely played lmao). I enjoyed managing this team a lot since we had a very smooth run apart from the tiebreak thing lmao, so I hope you guys enjoyed our run as well.

To the helpers: I'm very thankful for your presence in our discord, both in terms of making our team environment more fun and always being willing to provide tests and advice when needed. Literally couldn't have done it without you.

To blce: again, massive thanks for the art

See you all around in WCOOMERS!

1635060700841.png

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Wanna give a big shout-out to every single one of the UwUrshifus but because I was a shit manager last time and didn't address you all by name but this time I got the most handsome squad so you all get to wake up to a notification!
The Number Man you were a great manager as always, running around like a caricature trying to plug holes that I couldn't fix cause I was only here to look handsome and to get called untalented by Don Vascus. Glad to see you get at least 1 trophy in OMs but we'll get WCOOM as well together this year, mark my words.
Eggs I still can't believe you can't eat eggs... You are definitely an amazing player and your ideas were really cool, even when I stole teams from you for those few tests it felt like the teams were really well built, but can we ban Zydog? I hate that shit.
23Gz next person on my list of OM auth I indoctrinate into thinking I'm a viable user, even though your games were played so late I sometimes woke up and caught them at 7am, you were great to work with and your approach of "this user doesn't play mons, I'm gonna bring whatever" vs [redacted] had me fall in love with you.
S1nn0hC0nfirm3d you couldn't carry my ass in NFEPL last year so you carried me this time around, absolute STOMPER of a player who I consider one of the funniest users ever, glad to have you onboard and showcase your building.
Don Vascus (No) es miércoles, mi amigo. Amazing player who was a great way for the team to remember to schedule as every Wednesday your presence was loud and clear. Nothing but respect for you and your opinions on Inheritance even if you did lose the one week I asked you not to :heart:
papiloco clutch af factor OML you got bullshitted multiple weeks when we could have gotten the Ws but you were still a great player that pulled his weight. I am never touching 2v2 again but I hope you do great in it!
Mossy Sandwich another amazing player who asked for tests when I was too tired to even lift myself from my chair, I did you wrong the most but you did amazing and I'm really glad you figured out a way to support yourself at times cause it shows how committed you are 10/10 would buy again.
berry block Josh he's a bad influence but you subbed in at a time of need after being turbo-crust and got your trophy nothing more nothing less you're a good-ass friend.
Trade million thanks for pulling through no matter what the metagame was, even if you didn't have the most type to prep! Glad I got you.

@ all of our helpers, you were amazing and you should have asked us to gotten you so you wouldn't be stuck on inferior teams, but half the trophy goes out to all of you!

Big thanks to in the hills for hosting this, I'd love to see another iteration of this tour next year because people seemed to genuinely enjoy it a lot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)