Tournament OM Snake Draft III - Announcement & Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iguana

formerly mc56556
Hey, all!

A bit late, but I thought I'd chime in here as well as I play both Gen 8 PH and Galar Dex AG, and I see that the final slot for OM Snake is down to those two choices. Exciting! I have an opinion on which I would prefer to see in OM Snake this year, but first I thought I'd give a preview on both formats and where they stand.

Gen 8 PH: This has been the second most popular OM of the Month so far this year based on ladder battles (only behind Shared Power), and during the month it had a ladder, the number of ladder battles also exceeded that of any of the OM permaladders. There is a dedicated PH playerbase of which I'm a part, and I very much believe it deserves a slot in some larger OM tournaments.

Gen 8 AG (Galar Dex): To start out Gen 8, AG for a brief time had a Galar Dex ladder and focused on Galar Dex as its main format. That changed when AG switched over to National Dex as its main focus, which it has done since about January. Since then, the only focal points on Galar Dex AG have been in the AG Grand Prix (an event consisting of ORAS, USUM, and Galar Dex AG tournaments) and in AGPL, where it has a single slot. My concern, if I'm being honest, about Galar Dex AG included as an OM Snake format this year is how underdeveloped the meta is. This is no one's fault; it simply is a result of National Dex AG actually having a ladder and being the main focus of the community, in terms of teambuilding efforts, Forums talk, AGPL emphasis, etc. AG will switch back to Galar Dex as its main focus once the second DLC expansion happens later this year.

Based on what I've mentioned here, I personally support a Gen 8 PH slot in OM Snake this year. I'd love to see a Galar Dex AG slot in the future in OM big tours like OMPL and OM Snake, but I don't think the lack of focus on the format currently justifies its place in the latter tournament this year.

Tack

Bow to your Matriarch
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Bio: i've managed a few discord tours in the past, took second in zupl and am currently managing for nfepl
Team Name: Everlasting Eternamaxes
Commitment: I will obsessively research every signup i'm not already aware of the user behind, also free flipped i dont wanna draft anybody for PH ;.;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)